• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Coincidence?

If not for the fact that they are both Nintendo I would agree, but fact it's the same company makes me wonder.

Which one came first?
The collection of small orbs is a very common theme in fantasy in general. In addition, the number three is also a very commonly used number.

Anyway... weren't all the Pokemon movies produced by an anime studio (since they're anime,) not by Nintendo?

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
I'm pretty sure that it's a coincidence.
The collecting three items thing is in a lot of Zelda games(ever since ALTTP).

Yep sure is. It's in alttp, oot, ww, ph, and tp.

This is something weird I just found. I was reminiscing about my childhood when I remembered Pokémon 2000. It was a good movie, but I then started thinking about Wind Waker. Then, for an odd reason, I found something strange that they both had in common.

In the movie, Ash has to save Lugia by obtaining three pearls from different islands. These pearls are then placed in statues and a sacred object/Pokémon is released. This is quite similar to Wind Waker, in which 3 pearls are collected, and placed in statues to let out the Tower of the Gods. Either I'm crazy, or there is something bizarre about this?

Simple. Nintendo Decided to use the gathering three pearls to make something appear theme from the movie in windwaker as they also own pokemon.

Link Master

The Hero's Master
Wind Waker and Pokemon 2000 were made about a year apart from each other so it is possible for the makers to do that and like when Ash places the pearls in the statue Lugia appears when Link places the pearls the Tower of the Gods appears. Also you find the pearls on three different Islands like in Pokemon 2000.

Zarom

The King
I think it's nothing more than coincidence. Like everyone said, there has been many things to collect in the Zelda games, and there was often 3 of them.

At a certain point, you absolutely have to have some elements that were made somewhere. Zelda also has the basic elements of Mario. These being a hero, a princess and a vilain. And there are some people who actually thinks Link is related to Peter Pan... If we look deep into something, we could almost relate all...

Sparky

Crawfish Prime
Not to be rude here, but did anyone actually watch said movie?

To the best of my memory, in said movie, the three orbs are put in one stand, a song is played and then all the severe weather and slight imbalances correct themselves.

How this even slightly compares to three orbs being put in three different stands which summon a tower up from beneath the ocean is beyond me.....

You could loosely link what happened in the movie with the events in the Child part of OOT, but that itself would still be a large stretch.

Hell the orbs aren't all even the same colours. Red, Blue and Green in Legend of Zelda, and Red, Blue and Yellow in said movie.

So.....yeah.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom