• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA VII- BUCK IN NEW YORK

Ex
DW

Min

Alana
Raven
Fext

Mongoose
KoD

Hapi
Rag

Numbers
Caps

Loose sort. I very loosely ISO'd players I haven't had feelings about yet, and did not ISO players I did have feelings about, then did a quick-think GTH style sort based on feelings. Raven is probably null, all above on the south-of-null spectrum, and all below on the north-of-null spectrum. Probably willing to vote any of the bottom 6 at this point tbh.

Why? I mean you're king of keeping stuff to yourself so why is it concerning when I do it?

Unvote. Vote: a'lana

I did that exactly once, and explained why I did it afterwards. Otherwise I've been pretty transparent this game with my thoughts.

Also, if you have thoughts about how my play indicates anything about my alignment, you're free to bring those thoughts to the thread's attention whenever you wish.

What was the DawningWinds scum game? And have you seen their town game before?
Botwolf 2 last game on NGA
I was a spy. It was a weird game. DW decidedly played like this. I have not seen them town.
Prior to Botwolf my average scum game was relatively low activity compared to my town game and I'd attempt to be much more amicable than how my town game is-- to the point where at least two players on one forum I play on have established their method of reading me as pretty much being "DW's disagreeableness is directly equal to their towniness" and one of these players has proclaimed that this method had literally never failed them. Botwolf was the first game as Mafia where I ever attempted actually trying to match my townplay in any significant way, with clearly at least somewhat successful results. Presumably that means as of last game me being like this is NAI.

This simply isn't true though. Me posting that you were a scumread has lead to you outing yourself. Very useful.
Is this a joke or do you actually feel Neon has done something to out herself?

Fext your vote on Hapi is bad

then also that other dude who was scumreading people and not giving reasons as to why voting for hapi is also bad
Fext's vote on Neon is not great yeah considering it just seems to be "gifs are annoying" not even that he thinks she's scummy that I recall just annoyance.
Seanzie I think has started giving reasons for vseeonh Neon though not much more clear ones than what he started with beyond the "you didn't answer my question" complaint earlier.

TheCapsFan otoh is someone I'd like to explore more. In particular, they seem to be suggesting this is the first town game after a lot of scum games... I know usually for me even though I enjoy a good scum game every so often, multiple in a row is extremely tiring, and I am usually overjoyed when I rand town after a long scum-streak. Not everyone is the same, but I think this sentiment is shared with many (there is a reason people talk about scum fatigue). TheCapsFan has said they are happy to be town, but the vibes I get from them is not "happy" and "excited" in this game. Perhaps the emotions I'm getting from them are being confounded by the phone posting issues, but perhaps not.
Despite Caps often seeming to be on a streak of being scum of that I don't know the length of, I don't think I've ever seen him claim that he's "glad he's finally town" in a game where he's not actually town, meanwhile I believe he's done so in 2/3 of the town games of his I've read any portion of. It's a bit of a small thing but it doesn't seem like it occurs to scum Caps to mention this from what I've seen. I could be wrong here since I'm sure I haven't seen anywhere close to all his games, but from my knowledge and little else making me want to read him either way thus far I'd pin the lack of apparent excitement on the phoneposting.

<vote: KoD>

I dont care if this is omgus I think there is a wide spectrum of how hedgy or non hedgy scum can act just like how there is a wide spectrum of how teammates interact ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
...I don't like this vote. I don't know a lot of scum who will openly OMGUS because of how bad it looks and I agree with what KoD said that scum like to play safe but I think OMGUS votes tend to be ineffective.

KoD's past several posts have been feeling a lot better to me. I agree with a lot of what he has to say re: scum and hedging, disagree that Seanzie asking Neon to take two seconds to grab a link is scummy but vaguely understand how he got there and agree that Seanzie's vote seems OMGUSy now that it's pointed out (as is his KoD vote for that matter), have already talked about Neon and Numbers being not w/w a couple times, and probably a few other things.
Unvote: KoD

@Raven, well simply put. I feel that there are better candidates atm, than Ex. Even when I asked the questions, there were already multiple wagons forming.
If there are better candidates for you to vote who are they and why aren't you voting them?

Why? I mean you're king of keeping stuff to yourself so why is it concerning when I do it?

Unvote. Vote: a'lana
Also, you've been quite present, but giving little content. This is wolf-indicative, and I cannot remember another game I've played with you where you've given so little content by now.

Is this a joke or do you actually feel Neon has done something to out herself?
It was a heavily overstated read. I do think Hapi's take on me is more likely to come from a wolf than a townie, as I have explained. If you've read my posts explaining it and need further clarification, or need help finding those posts let me know.

Despite Caps often seeming to be on a streak of being scum of that I don't know the length of, I don't think I've ever seen him claim that he's "glad he's finally town" in a game where he's not actually town, meanwhile I believe he's done so in 2/3 of the town games of his I've read any portion of. It's a bit of a small thing but it doesn't seem like it occurs to scum Caps to mention this from what I've seen. I could be wrong here since I'm sure I haven't seen anywhere close to all his games, but from my knowledge and little else making me want to read him either way thus far I'd pin the lack of apparent excitement on the phoneposting.
Thanks for the context. I don't know Caps at all, are they cognizant enough of their own meta to fake this? Especially if they were possibly hoping for a townrand?

Why is minish so high?
I don't remember, I just remember having a very good feeling about one of their posts from my initial read, so they were not someone I ISO'd just now. Also, "so high" is not so high, they are one step above the neutral group.

I am going for a quick run so I am back before EoD, but if you want, after I get back I can try to find the post that made me feel good and I'll see if I still feel good about it.

Also, you've been quite present, but giving little content. This is wolf-indicative, and I cannot remember another game I've played with you where you've given so little content by now.

Considering we have like a two game history where you've seen me as both town and scum, you being unable to place my behavior would suggest that I'm neither wouldn't it? But alas, I cannot say that's true. My behavior in games is more often dictated by the role I have and how I best view it's use rather than my alignment. But don't worry, I'll start hard clearing/condemning people soon.

As for your other post, I don't feel like your play will indicate your alignment. I believe the primary reason you don't give reasons on your votes a lot of times is so that you can easily replicate the behavior when you do flip scum so by and large it's NAI behavior for you. You're currently passing the vibe check though.

Updated readslist:
Town
KoD - Have already explained why I am feeling better about him.

Raven - He feels much mote willing to establish townreads and ask questions without throwing subtle shade everywhere than his last game where he was Arsonist, and doesn't seem to have the same "everyone is my enemy paranoia" he had. I think especially that latter bit would stick around if he rolled scum this game so it makes me feel good about him.

Ex - I feel like his argument with me re: a'lana was a good analysis of the slot and felt townie.

Slight town
Caps - for reasons I just explained. Obviously it's a a small thing and not a strong read but I feel a little better than null about him which is something.

Neon - Not scum with Numbers; despite feeling generally fluffy overall her attempts at meaningful content where they exist feel more significant compared to Numbers and don't feel as likely to be scum-motivated.

Null
a'lana - really not sure what to think of her at this point. She's done things I've liked, she's done things that are kinda scummy, and she's done things that I don't like but don't seem scummy.

Slight scum
Seanzie and Fext - talked about them a bit ago.

Rag - Not fond of her "don't be defensive towards Fext" take and she has so few other takes that that take is enough to make her slightly scum.

Minish - Has more meaningful content than Numbers and her explanation previously had me feeling a little better but not enough to move her up.

Scum
Mongoose - "There are better places to vote than the guy I scumread but I didn't feel like voting in any of those places"

Numbers - Numbers by the end of D1 I'd definitely think would have meaningful content. Yet that doesn't seem to be happening. They've switched from voting myself to a'lana with zero explanation but aside from that they've basically just been roleplaying.

Vote: Mongoose

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom