• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Cartoon Network

amaterasu

Writer
Does anybody remember the old Cartoon Network? Before they even had the Flicks and it was still the awesome rectangle for the logo? I do.

I remember the Powerpuff Girls and how Him scared me. (FREAKIN' TRANSVESTITE WITH CRAB CLAW HANDS)
Courage the Cowardly Dog (RETURRN THE SLAAB. OR FACE MY CUURSSE)
Dexter's Laboratory: (DEE DEE! GET OUT OF MY LABORATORY!)

I know there are others, but I can't remember them all! :S

anyway, what about you?

BY THE WAY. Should anybody have any favorite clips, or pictures they want to post, please do and jog our memories! :rolleyes:

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
That episode of Courage scared me I had nightmares that night I was 9 when I first saw it.

I loved to show Cow and Chicken another old show I really loved was Boomerang where they showed old cartoons our parents would remember.

T

thefourthsword

scooby doo i loved that and fosters one of my favorite shows ever

Brandikins

Airbending Slice!
Cartoon Network was a big and happy part of my life when I was little. I loved it around the most carefree part of my life probably.

I loved all of the shows, and enjoyed staying up late with my brothers to watch certain ones that only came on that late. I also loved the Saturday night movies they always aired. From watching it before I go to school, to Friday nights, I loved it all. I think my favorites would have to be Dexter's Laboratory and Johnny Bravo. This was in 1999-2001 when they still did have the rectangle logo I believe.

I remember the Powerpuff Girls and how Him scared me. (FREAKIN' TRANSVESTITE WITH CRAB CLAW HANDS)
Courage the Cowardly Dog (RETURRN THE SLAAB. OR FACE MY CUURSSE)
Dexter's Laboratory: (DEE DEE! GET OUT OF MY LABORATORY!)

The Powerpuff Girls had some dark or violent moments, yet it was supposed to be a show for little girls. Courage scared me on some episodes back then, especially the Slab episode! I'll never forget that phase..."Return the slab..." Dexter, one of the best cartoons ever. I always loved watching it before I went to Kindergarten. I only had school for three hours back then, so when I would get home I'd eat lunch and watch more of it. I also loved Scooby Doo, Where are You? I think the new Scooby Doo totally sucks. As funny as I thought Ed, Edd & Eddy! was, my mom didn't let me watch it because the animation is bad for your eyes (the slight shaking that the characters do when they aren't moving).

Well, those were my favorites. I watched smaller shows like Cow & Chicken sometimes, but not too much. Although I always thought that devil character was weird, very much. Boomerang was also amazing. Cartoons like the Flintstones were awesome, and our parents remembered them too. Then to top it off, they'd show Looney Toons a lot, which was also a classic. Those were the days...

What do we get now? It even has some LIVE ACTION shows on it now, despite its name. The shows are terrible, sometimes I even see them air their old shows, despite the fact that there are no new episodes for them. Although I bet my life that the channel gets higher rating whenever they do air their old shows. It really is a shame that something so great turned into something so bad. I wish I could relive those glory days...sigh. :(

Well, there is this... ;)

[video=youtube;5_kyJTr33iM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_kyJTr33iM[/video]

Last edited:
I loved Cartoon Network when I was a kid. I used to watch the classics ALL the time. Namely, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, Johnny Bravo, and Fosters Home for Imaginary Friends (if that counts). Those were the days, but lately, it's gone downhill.

I remember watching Fosters and Edd, Ed, and Eddy. Too bad. Even my stepmom liked fosters home for imaginary friend. They still show Loony Toons and Tom & Jerry but only from 6-10 in the morning. I bet one day cartoon network will be pure PG-13 shows because one show has the word pi**ed in it. Most of the others have crap in them. On the show with pi**ed in it has the people saying "What the s" of "What the h." All the shows from 2000-2009 were true "kid shows" because the closest thing to a bad word back then was heck and that rarely appeared. Great times back then.

H

Hein3k3n

i miss the old cartoon network :( from like 6 years ago. Courage, Johnny Bravo, Billy n Mandy, Ed, Edd, n Eddy, all of themz were awesome. now they got stupid stuff like the Venture Bros. Only thing I like nowadays is probably Adventure Time.

Venture bros. is on adult swim, not cartoon network.
Current cartoon network shows.
1. Adventure Time
2. Regular Show
3. MAD
4. Garfield show
5. Looney Toons show (cartoon network has been lacking good names lately.)
6. The Amazing World of Gumball
7. Looney Toons
8. Tom & Jerry
9. Johnny Test
10. Thundercats
11. Scooby Doo Mystery inc.
12. Destry Build Destroy
13. Dude What Would Happen
14. Scaredy Squirrel

amaterasu

Writer
Squirrel Boy was awesome. I don't rememeber if this was on Cartoon Network or not, but The Cramp Twins. i used to love that show. in the morning before school and sometimes after school, i would sit with one of those little table thingies and ate cereal. after school every day i would watch The Pink Panther and eat Frosted Flakes on the couch while i did homework. my grandma wouldn't care!

Cartoon Network's appeal has died for me. I know, I am a young adult, and it is to be expected that at least most of the channel's content would lose its appeal by now, but it's not that. Cartoon has just changed so drastically for the worst. Channels are expected to change over the years based on several factors, such as age groups, but CN appears to have deviated too far from its roots. Nick for instance has changed a lot over the years, but its new shows and content still FEEL like Nick shows (aside from Nick@Nite, but that's another story entirely) . ICarly, Victorious, etc. are so annoying and cliched, in my opinion, nontheless, they still have that Nickeledeon feel.

Cartoon Network's shows have gotten worse and worse over the years. Some of the new guys are actually good! Chowder, Squirrel Boy, and my favorite, Adventure Time are some of the best animated programs TV has to offer, in my opinion. But has anyone besides me realized that a vast majority of the content on Cartoon Network are from Canada?! Yeah, most of the shows we watch on there are Canadian franchises, like Total Drama Island. NOT to necessarily say the Canadian shows are BAD, but come on! Where are your own good shows, Cartoon Network?!

What's most annoying is how our old favorites just seemingly disappear, sometimes without any explanation at all. For cripe's sake, where's my Toonami. Most of this can be attributed to Cartoon Network being under new management. The new guy apparently thought the network could use a "dramatic face-lift". If only he had known that the general audience does NOT want reality shows on Cartoon Network. "Destroy Build Destroy" must die at all cost!! One might also notice that the channel's becoming more geared toward SOLELY a male audience. :mad:

With The Misadventures of Flapjack having been cancelled and with Chowder having since ended, there's almost no reason for me to watch anymore, aside from Adventure Time. All the old shows that inexplicably disappeared are gone. Whatever...at least I have Adult Swim, but for how long? That channel (yes, it is considered its own channel) is slowly losing appeal with me. TGFTI! Thank god for the internet! :lol: /rant

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
I still watch Cartoon Network, but i have officially been ticked off my CN. I mean, the only shows on there i watch now are Adventure Time and Tom & Jerry. I absolutely HATE how there's adding live shows to a place called "CARTOON Network." The CARTOON part is there for a damn reason! I don't wanna flip to CN only to find "Destroy Build Destroy", "Scooby Doo Mystery Inc.", or "Dude, What Would Happen" on. And it ticks me off that The Regular Show has very mature content in it, like, as windwaker101 said, "pi**sed", "What the h", and "How da s". The exact episode where that happens is the one where they kick the hole in the wall... Mortaky(sp?) says "how the h are we gonna fix this s?"

I can not believe Cartoon Network has changed so drastically. I understand that all channels change at some point or other, but stay in touch with your darn roots, you know? :dry: /rant (:lol: Wolf Sage)

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
I must say, I only watch two shows on Cartoon Network now.
1. Ben 10
2. Star Wars: The Clone Wars

Those two shows are the only two I watch regularly. I sometimes watch Adventure Time, but not often. I also used to watch Sym-Bionic Titan, which was an excellent show from an excellent director who had given CN many successes in the past. And they don't even give it a second glance after it finished its run. There is a movement to bring it back here: http://www.savesymbionictitan.com/

Now, who would not like that compared to this seizure-inducing crap? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dHyB1kRDNc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom