• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Braveheart

Claire

The Geekette
This is one of those movies that I will label a classic.

I was moved by this movie more than Titanic (which was shocking to Josh). This is a movie that is pleasing for both male and female. I mean, who wouldn't enjoy medieval warfare and a love story? Putting the two together, in my opinion, is pure brilliance. I love the quality and time taken into the film, and I find the characters to have been portrayed well.

I will never forget the last word of William Wallace (according to the film), or the blue "face paint" splashed on the faces of the Scotsmen. What is your opinion on this movie? Do you find it is overrated or underrated? Why or why not would you find the contents of this movie to be of good material?

Amelie

Air Dancer
I have heard of this movie but I have never seen it. I know Mel gibson is in it and everyone seems to like it. I would not say it is over rated or under rated.. but I just want to see it ^^

I cant believe I havent >>

chrisbg99

OBEY THE FIST!
I don't think I've seen the movie all the way through but my brother and his friends were obsessed with the movie.

El Bagu

Wannabe Mr. 1-8-1
Braveheart is a great movie. It´s not exactly my kind of movie and for that reason I can not say it is the best I have seen. But I know a lot of people who really love it. I guess I can understand them. I would not call it a classic yet but it has the potential to become one.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I absolutely think Braveheart's a classic. It's not historically accurate, but it doesn't have to be: it tells a good story in the most cinematic way possible. Inspiring, brutal, dramatic. Something for everyone.

In reference to Lenora's post, Titanic probably deserves the "overrated" label (not that it's a bad film). Braveheart does not.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Oh, I love Braveheart.

Its a bit gory but you can't not love it. Definitely a classic. :P

And in the words of Frankie Boyle:

Frankie Boyle said:
"Do you remember years ago, when they were making Braveheart, everyone said "Oh it's ridiculous, Mel Gibson playing a Scottish guy, that's not going to be very convincing..." and look at him now, an alcoholic racist"

:)

Hylian Hobbit

Delightfully Delicious ;P
I remember one of my ex gf's used to go around making fun of it.

"They can take our freedom...but they can't take our makeup!"

I love the movie though. As does my mother.

Lol, did she get that from Johnny Bravo? There's a quote like that in one of the episodes. Only it was "They can take our bagpipes..... But they will never take our make up!!!" Something like that. I could've gotten it wrong though.

Braveheart is one of my favorite movies. Sure it's a little gory, but as long as that doesn't bother you, how can you not like it? Very epic and inspiring.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
Lol, did she get that from Johnny Bravo? There's a quote like that in one of the episodes. Only it was "They can take our bagpipes..... But they will never take our make up!!!" Something like that. I could've gotten it wrong though.

Braveheart is one of my favorite movies. Sure it's a little gory, but as long as that doesn't bother you, how can you not like it? Very epic and inspiring.

Haha I really don't know. I''l have to ask her next time I see her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom