• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bongo Bongo, Minion or Misunderstood?

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
This thread is subjective, only my theory and opinion.

Was Bongo Bongo really on Ganondorf's side??

Going though a list of the bosses in OoT, we can see that nearly of them are put into being by a certain Ganondorf.
- Queen Gohma, Ganondorf places her inside the Deku Tree as a threat or revenge for his reluctance to give up the Spiritual Stone.
- King Dodongo, placed in the cavern in retribution for the Gorons not giving up the Spiritual Stone.
- Barrinade, the cause of Lord Jabu Jabu's "green gills", and was only ever a probalem after a supposed visit from Ganondorf.
- Phantom Ganon, created by Ganondorf as a possible test for Link judged by the monologue at the end of the battle.
- Volvagia, revived by Ganon and let loose to eat the Gorons residing on Death Mountain.
- Morpha, most probably created by Ganon and causes the drought of Lake Hylia. I don't know why Ganon created it, but judging by the frozen Zora's Domain that remains after you defeat Morpha, I'd say that Ganon had some little vendetta going against the fishies!
- Twinrova, no brainer here, Ganondorfs mother, obviously going to be on her sons side.

That's the pointless Boss background trivia over.

But what about Bongo Bongo?!?

Well the background to him is that Impa once long ago sealed him up, this sort of rejects Ganondorf creating him. Now in the game, he is only released from his seal once Child Link has entered the Well and caused a monster Genocide! 7 years later he miraculously appears, however before Link entered the well he was no where to be seen?

My theory is this:
- Bongo Bongo was never intentionally put in the Shadow Temple by Ganondorf, it was infact by Link's own doing that he ended up there. I think that this was all upon Bongo Bongo's own accord. This would mean that Bongo Bongo was never a minion of Ganondorf and infact an independent agent of evil.

Feedback?

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Bongo Bongo is simply an ancient evil that was sealed up in the well long ago. However, in the past the well is open and there is no Bongo Bongo there. The future on the other hand, has the well covered up; most likely to prevent an escape, which happened none the less.) We can basically say that Ganondorf had used the creature to attack Kakarico and Impa managed to seal it away. It is only an educated guess through logic though.

Din Akera

Sniper
Okay, Bongo Bongo was sealed in the well and Ganodorf help it get free to once again cause trouble in the town and go back to the temple to live.
Side question: Where did it say that Twinrova is Ganon's mom?

Austin

Austin
Side question: Where did it say that Twinrova is Ganon's mom?

I think that Navi's z-targeting bit said that they were Ganon's surrogate mothers. Also, what you said. Ganon simply released the monster, he didn't create it.

Yeah he basically just went "oh look, it's a monster, let's save me some effort and chuck it in the temple to prevent Impa from awakening".

The Sheikah are a group that really interest me to be honest, so the whole Eye of Truth and Golden Skultulas were something that I really liked storywise.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Well i think it's pointless to argue here because link did dregde the well and slayed the dead hand who i believe was a servant of bongo bongo (there being two obviously) once the well and dead hand are dead it gives bongo bongo 7 years to gather his strength to break free i dont think ganon helped him esacape in the least i mean if ya look at it bosswise bongo bongo is probly the the hardest boss to kill. this leads me to think it was link interferring in the well that released bongo bongo. I also think bongo bongo has an affiliation to death why else would he head to the royal families tomb where bloodshed was rife.
ALSO WHO PUTS A DISIMBODIED BEAST IN THEIR WATER SYSTEM HAVEN'T THESE GUYS HEARD OF POISONING.

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Well i think it's pointless to argue here because link did dregde the well and slayed the dead hand who i believe was a servant of bongo bongo (there being two obviously) once the well and dead hand are dead it gives bongo bongo 7 years to gather his strength to break free i dont think ganon helped him esacape in the least i mean if ya look at it bosswise bongo bongo is probly the the hardest boss to kill. this leads me to think it was link interferring in the well that released bongo bongo. I also think bongo bongo has an affiliation to death why else would he head to the royal families tomb where bloodshed was rife.
ALSO WHO PUTS A DISIMBODIED BEAST IN THEIR WATER SYSTEM HAVEN'T THESE GUYS HEARD OF POISONING.

Funny thing is that the water is clean. In the deep parts of the well, I'd suspect the water doesn't really touch the demons in the bottom floor. Plus, the well was dried up in the future so the water system is pretty much gone.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Funny thing is that the water is clean. In the deep parts of the well, I'd suspect the water doesn't really touch the demons in the bottom floor. Plus, the well was dried up in the future so the water system is pretty much gone.

but ironically it wasn't in the past the water was what stopped bongo bongo escaping and bongo bongo lived in that water same as the dead hand a couple of walking (or in this case swimming) corpses.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I never really thought about until now. What I think happened is Ganondorf was using the classic "throw more of my minions to kill my enemy before I actually have to fight him myself" technique. He's busy looking for Zelda and dealing with other matters of Hyrule and he doesn't know Link true strength so he goes and sends all these wierd little creatures to kill him. WHen he sees what Link did at the Lake he's like "Oh look that green guy's still bugging me. Oh wait, wasn't there a monster at the bottom of Kakiriko Villiage? Yeah I'll use that to kill him while I play my organ." Or spmething to that effect.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
^_^ i wouldnt be suprised but you have to remeber bongo bongo broke free himself (presumable it a he) ganondorf did nothing to help him i think ganondorf saw a chance to exploit a monster trapped by the shiekah and once it freed itself then he could direct it toward the one of the eight who stop it (impa)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom