• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Bongo Bongo Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A while ago I started my Ocarina of Time <3<3<3 Playthrough. Last weekend I finally completed the main part of the Shadow Temple and faced BONGO BONGO!!! While fighting him, I realised that his most used attack did <3<3 damage to Link. I have tryed several times now and he keeps killing me. Please could someone give me some good ways of fighting him whilst being causious of not taking hits. Thanks:):deku:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Against Bongo-Bongo, your best bet is to keep moving, because his hands can cover almost the entire arena. First, always go for the hands. I think it takes 2 shots with the bow and arrow to bring down each hand. After that, use the Lens of Truth to see where his head is, and charge up a spin attack. Let go when he comes near you. Repeat this, and Bongo-Bongo shouldn't be a pain anymore.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
First, have the Lens of Truth on throughout the battle. Aim for one hand as he's banging the drum, shoot it, then quickly lock on/shoot the other hand before it does its attack. As he then gets in position to charge you, once again quickly Z-target/shoot his eye (which is visible with the LoT in use). Attack him with as many jump slash attacks as you can while he's stunned, then repeat until you get him. The biggest key is to be quick in shooting the 2nd hand before it attacks you, but it really comes down to just being a timing/rhythm strategy .. get that down and he's yours. Also, provided you're not going for the minimalist run and didn't get it, the Biggoron sword comes in very handy as far as killing him quicker.

David

But you called me here...
It might be useful to give the hover boots a try when you're beating him. Whenever he slaps the drum, the hover boots will keep you suspended in air. It will keep you from bouncing around.

You also need to be sure to keep your arrows on hand. Its good to shoot the hands to paralyze them so that you can attack him more efficiently.

There isn't much else I can suggest, so just keep moving around and try to defeat him quickly. A few tries would help too.

insanity76

It might be useful to give the hover boots a try when you're beating him. Whenever he slaps the drum, the hover boots will keep you suspended in air. It will keep you from bouncing around.

I never knew/thought about that, thanks for mentioning it :D I usually have a hand locked and fire the arrow at the peak of Link's bounce which works, but I always welcome alternative ways for doing things.

And keep in the middle of the drum to not fall down from it! That can really be a pain if you move to close to the edges. You will be safer from the hands but it is harder to hit them and you could fall down.

BTW: Can the topic be changed? It is OoT not OoT-3DS

L

link_3141592653

You use your lens of truth to see when he is going to dive at you. Use your arrows on the hands instead of timing it perfectly. Make sure you have a big quiver so you can spam arrows. When he charges at you, do a spin attack. do this several times and you will beat him while taking little damage. Also stock up on fairies.

SuperGleeok64

For the Greater Good.
Take fairies. That is a definite of every boss because it is "Just-in-case". Take down the hands with arrows or the longshot and then use arrows (or a spin attack but I can never get the timing right) and aim between the hands (or use the Lens of Truth to see his huge red eye-thing) and once it is stunned, slash away! Rinse and Repeat until dead.....

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
Take fairies, all 4 bottles, if you have them.

Stay in the center of the arena. Do NOT lock on to his hands. Keep the Lens of Truth on, shooting them manually is quicker and gives you time to shoot both hands and the eye in a total of about 2 seconds (providing you've had practice with your bow). Once you've stunned him, attack him with your favorite method until he gets up, and repeat. Using this method it's possible to defeat him without collecting any of the drops, and before you run out of magic or arrows.

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
There's also a strange alternative if you still can't beat him. Once you have the Longshot and Lens of Truth, you can cross the Desert Wasteland and get to the Spirit Temple. If you have bombs, you can access the fairy fountain where you get Naryu's Love. If you've used Farore's Wind to make a checkpoint in front of the Boss room with Bongo-Bongo, you can warp right back into the temple and face bongo-bongo with your newly obtained invincibility. It makes everything out of order, but it still works just the same.

Fierce

Deity Link
Protip:

- Equip your hover boots
-Use the song of storms then quickly use the Lens of Truth. This will burn no magic energy, allowing you to more efficiently use Ice arrows.
- Take down his hands first using Ice Arrows, but only shoot at them when they are raised in the air (Z-target them too) not when they are drumming.
- Focus on both hands movements at once
- After taking out the hands aim at the eye
- When he is down, pull out your Biggoron's sword (Which you should have gotten at this point) and jump-slash him until he is dead. (You should really master Jumpslashing BTW)
- Easiest boss fight ever!

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
One more thing no one seems to have mentioned yet, though you may not want to bother with this as it's a bit roundabout. It's more an "interesting" method than a "best" method I suppose.

If you're up to it, you can obtain the ice arrows from Gerudo Training Grounds (you'll have to clear Gerudo Fortress first of course) and use those on Bongo Bongo, as they are very effective stunners. Shooting an ice arrow at one of Bongo Bongo's hands will freeze it instantaneously, and will additionally occupy the other hand as it tries desperately to break the frozen hand free. Therefore, all you need to do is shoot an ice arrow at one hand to keep both hands busy, thus leaving them extremely vulnerable to attack. Here's a video in case you're wondering what that looks like :)

insanity76

One more thing no one seems to have mentioned yet, though you may not want to bother with this as it's a bit roundabout. It's more an "interesting" method than a "best" method I suppose.

If you're up to it, you can obtain the ice arrows from Gerudo Training Grounds (you'll have to clear Gerudo Fortress first of course) and use those on Bongo Bongo, as they are very effective stunners. Shooting an ice arrow at one of Bongo Bongo's hands will freeze it instantaneously, and will additionally occupy the other hand as it tries desperately to break the frozen hand free. Therefore, all you need to do is shoot an ice arrow at one hand to keep both hands busy, thus leaving them extremely vulnerable to attack. Here's a video in case you're wondering what that looks like :)

That's awesome! I'll have to try that sometime just to do it because I'm sure it frustrates Bongo to no end lol ... I assume it works on the original version as well and it's not a MQ exclusive feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom