• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 2 - Windfall Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
READ THIS ENTIRE POST PLEASE. This is a game for beginners, but to start off you'll need a basic understanding of the game and the setup of this current round.

Alright, so here is the official start of beginner Mafia. First off, here are your mentors. They will post advice in this thread if they see fit, but if you want advice feel free to use PM (or any method of private contact, like Skype) to talk to any of them to ask for help. Use their help often! That's what this special beginner game was made for! The Mentors know your roles!

Mentors
myself
Axle the Beast
Soldier of Link
Hero of Music

How to Play
You sign up and then once the game is full you will be PMed by the Game Mod assigning you a team, either Townie or Mafia. If you are Townie, you will not know the identity of anyone else SO TRUST NO ONE. If you are assigned as Mafia, you will know the other Mafia members and you must work together to get the Townies to turn on each other because they OUTNUMBER YOU.

The game starts off in the Day which will last a certain period. During this Day period, everyone discusses who they believe is a Mafia member (also called scum). Mafia will post too, and pretend they are Townies and try to get the other Townies to turn on each other and confuse them. Every member, Townie or Mafia, has a vote for lynching each Day. Post who you want to vote for in the format:
Vote: Player X
If you wish to unvote at anytime, do so by:
Unvote
You must BOLD your vote/unvote.
You may vote and unvote at ANY TIME during the DAY period. Only during the Day, remember that. Once a majority vote is reach, that player will be lynched NO MATTER WHAT. So if a majority is reached and you decide to unvote for that person, its too late. Player X will be lynched and his identity, Townie or Mafia will be revealed.

If the day period ends and no Majority Lynch has been reached, then the person will the most votes will be lynched.

You may also vote No Lynch. Once a majority No Lynch is achieved, the day will end with no lynch.

Once the Day period is over it becomes the Night. Night won't last long, a day or two at most. During the Night there will be NO ACTIVE DISCUSSIONS. Everyone goes to 'sleep'. This is when the Mafia congregate. During the Night period, and ONLY DURING THE NIGHT the Mafia members will PM the Game Mod one person's name and that person will be killed in the night.

Day will come again, and the identity of the dead Townie will be revealed. Killed in the night by the Mafia. Now the situation gets more dire as Townies will die every night due to the Mafia's ability to night kill, so lynching Mafia becomes more and more important as the game progresses.

This continues until either the Townies remain, or the Mafia stand triumphant.

Okay, so now I will request that everyone reads the rules carefully and follows them! This may be a beginner game, but the most basic step in learning anything is knowing the rules!

Rules
- Do not reveal your roles outside of the thread. Mystery and assumptions are the point of this game, so if all the Townies band together through PMs you will ruin this game. Play with integrity. Lying is fine though. Mafia members may lie that they are Townie. Deception is a major aspect of this game.
- You may only post in the Day period.
- Vote and unvote in the format: Vote: Player X; Unvote; Please post these in BOLD
- DO NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION AFTER YOU HAVE DIED. If you are a Mafia member and you die, do not reveal to anyone who else is Mafia because that information may end up in the hands of the Townies.
- DO NOT EDIT YOUR POSTS. DO NOT DELETE YOUR POSTS. I hope I don't have to repeat it again. This is a cardinal rule. Editing your posts is a no no. If you have something more to say, or need to edit a section of your post then MAKE ANOTHER POST saying what you need to say. If you are caught editing, you will be ModKilled. Same goes for deleting posts.
- You may not post any information (quotes or screencaps or allusions) that relates to anything outside of the thread itself. So no evidence using the "Who's Online" or Shoutbox.
- You may roleclaim at any point in the game, but you may not copy paste or screen cap the role PM sent to you. You may only paraphrase it in your own words. Be warned though, role and name claiming is especially dangerous.
- Do not talk about this game outside of the designated area(s), aka the game thread and/or Quicktopics that I have provided.
- Also this game thrives on YOU BEING ACTIVE... In this game active is defined as at least 3 posts per "day" period, or 1 "vote" post. You risk being modkilled if you are not active.

*The exception to many of these rules is that you may discuss or disclose anything about your role or the game with the Mentors, but they are the only exception.

------------------------------------------

A shrill scream from the School of Joy. A very mortified Mrs. Marie’s ran outside to the door. The townspeople had all come running to see what’s up. She gasped and stumbled upon the words she was looking for. “Look… look… at the chalk…board” A few of the townspeople rushed in to see what had caused the commotion. “Don't be stupid! We're the Killer Bees! We rule this place!” Written in what appeared to be blood. The townspeople looked back and forth at each other, wondering just who could be a member of the killer bees. Mrs. Marie regained her composure and addressed the group, “we have to do something. Today we vote, the Killer Bee’s must be Lynched so Windfall can once again be a place filled with joy” Town murmured to themselves. Who would it be….

Day One Begins...

With 18 alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Day 1 will end on April 4th or when a majority lynch is achieved.

The Living
Deku Shroom
Jdenicholls
Meego7
Illmatic
green goron
jedizora
Zelda_8
TreeHuggerPanda
Toboe
Caeda
Elfen
Raindrop14
Viral Maze
Gonzo
TheGreen
DracoMajora
MikauIncarnate
Celeboy

4 among you are mafia, 4 of you have townie power roles, and 1 of you is a 3rd party role...

Last edited:

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Present. No rvs (random voting stage) for me thx.
Goin' for the expirienced players huh? :dry:

And i'll overlook that Baysiderulez (aka Jo) misspelled my username :P

Tally:

TheGreen - 1 (Viral Maze)

Yet to vote: Deku Shroom, Jdenicholls, Meego7, Illmatic, green goron, jedizora, Zelda_8, TreeHuggerPanda, Toboe, Caeda, Elfen, Raindrop14, Viral Maze, Gonzo, TheGreen, DracoMajora, MikauIncarnate, Celeboy

Nicole

luke is my wife
My first word of advice. Sometimes an RVS does work, but more often than not, it doesn't. If that's your strategy, more power to ya. In my experience, it's more practical to actually gather some evidence, whether from roles revealed by nightkills, or scumtells/slip-ups.

An RVS isn't always a scumtell in itself, but this early in the game, it's hard to tell about people. Just go with your gut.

David

But you called me here...
My first word of advice. Sometimes an RVS does work, but more often than not, it doesn't. If that's your strategy, more power to ya. In my experience, it's more practical to actually gather some evidence, whether from roles revealed by nightkills, or scumtells/slip-ups.

An RVS isn't always a scumtell in itself, but this early in the game, it's hard to tell about people. Just go with your gut.

To add to this, since she forgot a crutial part of th rvs, an rvs is usually not random. It is often a strategy to get information from other players. Since you don't know what role Viral has, I'll let you guys choose what you think about him. Be sure to ask yourself, "why would he do this? Is there an explanation for his behavior that is a scumtell or is it just an act of gathering information?" these questions should be asked with every single post you read. I'm not going to say anything about Viral's behavior, as I don't know his intentions either.

~brought to you by your mentor, Hero of Music

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
My guess is he wanted to see people's reactions and branch off them by finding the mafia from the reactions, or finding suspicious people. So he could well be townie. But I'm not ever ruling out the mafia possibilty completely.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I wondered how a WW Mafia game would work, and it looks like this is a perfect set up. Also I'm glad a majority isn't needed to lynch here, kind if screwed us over in the last game.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Okay, first post. I would think taht viral maze knows how bad RVS are.

On the contrary he knows how good they are. Actually, it's quite scary, as one vote is enough to kill me. For saftey, I'll match Viral Maze's vote with one of my own to ensure that I shan't perish at the end of the day if no one else decides to vote.

Vote: No Lynch

green goron

Best of the Gorons
RVS aren't really that bad because usually people retract their RVS by the end of the day unless they believe the person they RVS's is scum. He's probably trying to see people's reactions to his vote. As of know I don't think it's suspicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom