• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Asgard Legends

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
If the soldier is who I think it is, Beliza isn't going to get out unscathed.

Haha, that's right. So who is this soldier? I know you know, so I am not going to mention it, but here is the next update. ;)

This is all getting really chilling :D

Very, indeed. Thx for reading. :nod:

These were pretty good!:clap: But its sad to see the story end soon.:( But I can't wait to see what great ending you come up with!:D Keep it going!^^
It is going to end for this book, but there will be a final one after that, the conclusion of things.

Anyway, here are two consecutive parts.

Part 4 of ??​

Valhalla, Asgard​

"We have to do something," Lenneth said with an urgent tone, the All-Mother nearly devouring Mimir's head with her shocked eyes. "I mean, we can't just let Beliza act freely like that."

Moments earlier, the All-Mother was alerted by Mimir of what was happening down in Central Midgard. Lenneth had come rushing to the Seer's quarters.

"It is already too late for us to do anything," Mimir responded, her tone gentle but also full of worry. "Beliza was wise to act suddenly and keep herself and her plans secret. She beat us. Not even I was able to do anything to keep this from happening."

"It's not your fault, Mimir," Lenneth told her. "But we must act if we are to stop this from happening."

"It is already too late, Lenneth. Even if we were to send a force minutes from now, that won't guarantee us that we'd make it in time to stop her from awakening Baldr."

"As the All-Mother, it is my duty to go stop her directly, Mimir. I won't let her bring him back. No, not when we here have seen enough death and destruction and the world below is yet on the mending as well."

The All-Mother turned around, willing to head out and attend the problem down in Midgard.

"No, Lenneth," Mimir stopped her with a raised voice that froze Lenneth in her place. The All-Mother turned back to face Mimir.

"There is no other way, Mimir," she said with a low voice full of seriousness. "We've let the creatures down there do as they please all this time while we've been mending and rebuilding Valhalla and our sister realms. It is time I go down there and perform my duties as the Supreme Ruler that I am. I won't let another God rise and challenge my authority."

Mimir's eyes bore into Lenneth's own, the Seer able to see perfectly that the All-Mother's rage reflected in her angry face.

"Listen to me, Lenneth. We have been preparing for the worst since you took the throne," Mimir said. "I believe we are ready to defend any attack that comes our way...yes, perhaps even from Baldr if he is to rise. He'll want your power, no doubt, but he will be weak."

Those words, and the gentle smile that followed them brought relief to the All-Mother. "Go on," she bade Mimir.

"If he split his soul back then when he challenged Ao, part of his power was lost through the process. But even so, he'll be a force to be reckon with, for he'll know that in order to be who he once was, he must take power from those who have it, like you, our Supreme All-Mother."

"I say I just go down there and deal with this now..."

"No. You've done a marvelous job in rebuilding our lands. The best thing we can do at the moment is wait, Lenneth. Besides, not everything is bad news for you. There are other forces down there that are dealing with the problem, I forgot to mention that earlier to you, for our conversation deviated from dealing with Beliza to stopping Baldr."

The All-Mother appeared confused before Mimir. "Who is acting?"

"I will show you," said Mimir. "But you must be patient and wait the outcome of that scene right here."

Lenneth just nodded bitterly, but soon she started to calm down, more so when those peaceful eyes that belonged to Mimir promised her that everything would be alright.

"If that is to be so, then what of Freya's daughters?" Lenneth suddenly asked as she remembered that they were scheduled to head down to Midgard as soon as the sun rose for the Midgardians. "Will you be keeping them here as well?"

"Relax, Lenneth, for I sent word earlier to New Orlea and have stopped Freya's daughters from heading down below. As I said, it is already too late for us to consider doing anything to stop it. I've ordered that they come to Valhalla immediately, their help will be needed here."

Lenneth nodded, relieved.

Mimir closed her eyes then and went to work.

At the side of where Lenneth stood there began to appear a magical window that Mimir had created merely by thought. And through that magical window, the All-Mother was able to see what was currently going on in Central Midgard.

*End of Part 4 of ??*

Part 5 of ??​

Midgard​

The soldier's head was lowered, and her long dark hair trailed behind her, swayed by the wind. Beliza's eyes narrowed dangerously when that figure lifted her head, revealing herself to her and her servants.

"You!" Beliza was surely surprised at the figure as her eyes finally recognized her. "Hel's lowest dog! You have just dug your grave, miserable human!"

Hel, in her Ailyth semblance, simply stopped her walk, crossed her arms across her bosom and continued to stare at them in a defiant way.

"If you are here," Beliza trembled the words out. "Then that means that my cousin is also here..." And Beliza stared about, expecting Hel to show up somewhere around the area. Beliza's servants also surveyed the surroundings, expecting trouble, for they knew who Hel was.

"Show yourself, Hel!" shouted Beliza, her shout echoing all over the place.

Nothing but the howling wind gave response, and Hel remained standing where she was, not overly impressed with her cousin.

"Have you come to stop me, then?" Beliza shouted. "Hahaha," she laughed cynically, and added. "I surely am not surprised, I should have known you'd be here defending these pitiful dogs! You always did, I have never forgotten about that strong love you hold for the humans. Like father like daughter, eh?"

Hel remained calm, despite feeling very hot at Beliza's remark.

"You won't show your ugly face, then?" Beliza went on, and she moved away towards the large dug hole, staff of light following her there. That action taken by the dark entity did make Hel consider to take action, but she did not.

No response came to the dark lady Beliza, who believed deeply that Hel was up to something, that she was indeed here but remained hidden and only because she wanted to strike her at the best possible opportunity. That thought alone was what had spurred lady Beliza to stay a few feet away from her master, her insurance. Hel had seen that move for what it was, but she had remained standing in her place, knowing that her disguise, the element of surprise, was still holding up. Beliza had no idea whatsoever that Hel was standing right in front of her.

"You are not coming out, then? I am not surprised at that. You always were a coward to face me directly, because you fear me and my magic. And since your daddy is not here to protect you anymore...well...you add the numbers and see what you get, I doubt you have the courage to face me openly."

No answer came, and feeling upset and angry at that, Beliza turned to regard Hel's personal servant, who she knew went by the name of Ailyth. She was the reason why Netherrealm had split millennia ago. When Hel had saved and taken the young girl into her service, many of those who had come down with her to make a home in the underworld had not liked that move. Beliza had been the first to go, never having liked humans much. To her, just like her master, they were nothing but slaves, creatures to be exploited and toyed with, nothing more. After she had left, many others had followed, although most of them had done so mostly to start their own realm.

"You think that by having sent your trained dog, that will be enough to stop me?" Beliza shouted as her eyes scanned the mounds laying about the area. She thought Hel was hiding behind one of them. "I am very displeased, very hurt, wounded indeed that you did not show up yourself to confront me. You offend me so, Hel! But very well, let us see where this goes. I will send your loyal dog back to you in pieces, maybe then you will have the decency to show up."

Standing at their places, the two succubi and the she-demons were just awaiting the order to tear apart the insolent human being who stood in front of them. They trembled in anticipation, knowing it was not far from coming. Once the order was given, they would move in and avenge their fallen friend.

Beliza cried something in a strange language that only she and her servants understood. The succubi grinned at the human soldier, their grins promising a cruel death. And as to the three she-demons, those rushed towards the human, one of them picking up a bloody sword along the way. The succubi joined in the fun and headed flying towards the human, one of them changing forms from corporeal to spirit at will, mostly to throw off the human being, letting her know that she had messed with the wrong group.

*End of Part 5 of ??*

I almost forgot about this one after reading the first few chapter of the Fire Emblem one. lol But this one is looking good as it comes to an end. ;)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
This story is coming to a closing soon enough. I only updated it because I will finish this book and perhaps call it quits with this series. Or if I see that there are still a few of you interested, I will finish book 3. These were the last updates I made for it. Perhaps three or four more and this book is done, which will bring me a huge relief. ;)

Part 6 of ??*

Out of the shadows from behind the human soldier came sliding forth a huge monstrous being, its eyes already flared in anger and working their terrible magic. It all happened so fast, the succubi and the she-demons did recognize the serpent lady immediately, but even before they could begin to turn their gazes away, or to close their eyes and be safe from getting petrified, Medusa's terrible glare turned them to stone, for her sudden appearance had taken them by surprise. Their hardened bodies fell to the ground, but one, the she-demon who had picked up the sword, remained standing, and one of the succubi fell from the sky, its stony body cracking to pieces after it hit the ground.

Beliza, frozen in her place, felt a numbness taking over her.

"N...No! That is not possible!" She still could not believe what had just happened, but she understood that four of her servants were no more and that Medusa, Hel's older sister, had been laying in wait all along behind Hel's trained dog. A damned ambush, and a good one, the dark lady had to admit. She quickly motioned her right hand and spoke the words needed to summon forth a special magical barrier, one that would protect her eyes, so as to be safe from Medusa's damned glare.

The other succubus, who had found herself flying in her spirit form when Medusa had rushed forth, had not been affected by the glare and had retreated back to her mistress even without lady Beliza having ordered it. She remained in that spirit state close to her, never doubting that her mistress would do something to win the night.

Medusa's glare eased up, her eyes returning back to normal. Hel, in her Ailyth semblance, turned to regard her, nodding at her to let her know that she had done well. Now it was her turn to act, and she did. She walked forth, Beliza staring at her as if she was a bug that needed to be squashed right away.

"You still have a lot to learn, cousin," the human directed her words at Beliza as she walked forward. "You see, if you had only cast a spell of true seeing, you might have been able to see who really is who is walking towards you."

"He..Hel?" Beliza questioned, still uncertain whether it was her.

Hel went on walking, giving Beliza a nod as response.

"I was never afraid of you," she declared. "or of anyone else for that matter. Not even..." and she turned to regard the large hole on the ground off to her left side. "my own brother, who everyone else feared."

"And will continue to fear," Beliza stated, and her hand dug fast into her satchel, extracting from there the sphere of life.
"For he will rise again...his comeback is but seconds away, dear."

*End of part 6 of ??*

Part 7 of ??​

Hel took notice of the sphere and couldn't help it but feel a thousand shivers rushing down her spine, so did Medusa, who slid behind her, acting as her sister's bodyguard.

The mere presence of Medusa, that terrible Seer who had singlehandedly taken care of most of her servants, made Beliza raise her arm up threateningly, sphere in her hand.

"Stop!" she shouted.

"Whoa!" cried Hel, who had thought Beliza would send the sphere crashing down upon the gigantic skull. "Easy there." And she stopped walking, not really wanting to give Beliza an excuse to set off the sphere.

"Don't take another step," Beliza warned. "I will drop it!"

"And...turn everything to darkness?" Hel asked, her voice so suave, so as not to rattle her unnerved cousin further. "You really want to wake up Baldr and have him devour the entire world as he attempted it those millennia ago? You really want to bring that darkness back?"

"It happened once," snapped Beliza. "Why not again? Now back off, you and your sister! You two are making me nervous by the second."

"Fine," said Hel, already fast retreating a few steps, her hands up in front of her in a calming, comforting way. "See? We are backing off, I just came this night to have a look at my brother's remains anyway..."

Medusa also slid back, although she just wanted to have a go with Beliza and see whose magic was the greatest and try that way, through brute magical force, to take the sphere away from her.

That was not the way to go, Hel had warned her minutes ago in the shadows when Avonite had proposed that they just attack Beliza directly. That is why when they had confirmed that it was indeed Baldr's most devoted follower who had come that night to the dig site, they had worked a plan to leave Medusa behind in the shadows and work from there.

"Foul," said Beliza. "You two came to stop me! Why lie, my dear cousin? What good does that do now?"

Hel shook her head in protest. "I honestly did not know you would be here," she explained, and Beliza knew too well that Hel most of the time spoke with the truth, but she wasn't convinced, and it really didn't matter to her.

"The disguise you see before you was for nothing more than to get past these soldiers so I could have a look at my brother's remains. Now that chance has brought us together, why not reason about the whole thing? You want to bring Baldr back to life, I always have known that you have dedicated yourself to that ever since he fell. He left you instructions and..."

"Shut up, cousin!" silenced Beliza. "What do you know!? You know nothing!"

"I was forced to be with him," Hel replied calmly. "I know a lot of things that you don't know."

"Yes," snapped Beliza, gaze tightening in anger. "You were his favorite, even if you weren't a direct follower. He forced you to do a lot of things for him...I was always envious about that."

"I'm sorry, it was far from my power to do anything else."

"You could have refused him," cried Beliza. "And by doing so would have died at his hands, I know it, but I would have then become his favorite among favorites. But you did not refuse, you stuck like a thorn to clothing, and now I wonder why you did."

Hel lowered her head and shook it several times.

"I love life," she simply said, mostly as if she was talking to herself. "I guess you could say now that I did not want to lose it back then. I appreciate that first and foremost gift that Father gave me: my life! Even having come to terms with myself to give my life away willingly...was dishonorable to me. So I helped him back then, stuck, as you yourself have said it...only for my deep respect and love for life."

Beliza was all anger, but remained calm in her place just staring at her cousin and at her other cousin, whom she feared the most out of the two, for back in time it had always been Avonite who would be there for her little sister, always at the ready to fend off any possible subjects willing to hurt her in any way.

"Look, it's clear that I don't want you to wake him up from his deep slumber, mostly because I detest what will come to pass. I don't fear for my own self anymore, I fear and feel pity for everyone else, even you, cousin. I don't want for anyone to suffer, not again, you know that as well as you know my name. You drop that sphere and wake Baldr up...and I guarantee you that not even you or any of his followers will be safe from his wrath. No one will be."

Beliza shivered at that, but just remained staring at her, as did the succubus who remained cowering behind her.

"We are prepared to endure his wrath," Beliza said, but the gulp she took afterwards was enough to let both Medusa and Hel know that she was lying. "As followers of his, we've always known our lives are forfeit to his will. I have a small hope to which I cling to as I hold this sphere here in my hand this cold night, cousin."

Hel just stared back at her with that Ailyth stare.

"That is the simple hope that I will be spared from his wrath since it will be me who brings him back to life, even if I ran away like a coward like everyone else did when the fight against the All-Father presented itself. But you lot...what have you got? You have nothing, no hope of survival. I drop this sphere and you know it all ends for you. That is why you have come here tonight, to try and stop me from doing it."

Hel started to shake her head again, but then it was Medusa's voice that was heard.

"Then shut your trap and drop it already!" Medusa snapped angrily, and Hel in her place thought that to have been a little too offensive for Beliza's liking.

Beliza turned a mean stare Avonite's way, but she found there a stare which unsettled her like never before.

"Do it," Avonite dared. "Drop the damn sphere so that I might rush you. What happens after that won't matter much, will it?"

"Calm down, Avonite," Hel said without turning to regard her. "Please, just calm down."

"I have always despised you, Avonite," Beliza told, to which Avonite merely remained staring at her hard. "It surely pleases me to see you in that ugly form. You deserve it for having refused to help Baldr."

"Why you..." Medusa even slid forward dangerously, but stopped when Hel got in her way.

"I swear now, drop that godamn sphere so that I can battle you here and now! My brother might rise again, but who is saying you will be there to witness it?"

"Ahahaha!" Beliza laughed aloud. "Hahaha. Oh Avonite, you're so stupid, aren't you? Have you forgotten that Baldr commands the death realm of Cocytos? Let us say that you manage to kill me here tonight...I would surely land in that forsaken world. Even so, would that be the case, I'd beg him to give me back my life. I would beg him constantly, even for eternity...until he'd hear my plea. You, however, are probably destined to remain a monster for all eternity, I doubt Baldr will have the heart to turn you back to normal. No, he won't be doing that. And death would be a good thing for you, so you are screwed big time, and that is why you remain angry with the world."

"Why you crampy old hen! I swear I will kill you with my bare hands!" Medusa was fuming.

"Enough!" Hel shouted loudly, robbing Beliza of her mirth and Avonite's felt anger. They both turned to regard her.

"We are leaving now." Hel went on to say as she turned to regard Beliza. "As I said, I merely came to have a look at my brother's remains, came to see for myself whether anything of him remained. I've seen now, and it saddens me to see this. It also displeases me to know that he may be brought back to life, and though I am here and would probably fight you to keep it from happening, I will not do such a thing. I love life...and yes, you are still my cousin, Beliza, whether you like it or not. I love you."

Beliza's angry facade did not diminish a bit, her face did not soften, but Hel wasn't expecting that to happen.

"I haven't forgotten that love, that bond that ties us, well...I may have forgotten maybe a little, what with all the fights we've had in the past, but even if you stranded from the rightful path, Beliza, you are still of my blood, of the line of gods descendants of Ao, the All-Father. His children we are, always will be, never forget that. I will not move a finger to stop you from doing what you want to do. Avonite, we are done here. I am afraid I won't be letting you hurt Beliza."

"Pah!" Beliza snorted. "Hurt me? Believe me, I will give as much as I receive."

"I'm counting on it," barked Medusa.

"Avonite, please...enough!"

Avonite just nodded lightly at Hel, who then turned to regard Beliza.

"Alright, I'm sorry. I meant that I won't be letting her fight you," corrected Hel. "Now let us be away, sister. If indeed Beliza will bring our brother back to life this night, we want to ensure the safety of those that we love, or at least be there with them and endure what must be endured."

Avonite said nothing, rather closed her eyes and shook her head in a little disappointment.

"Come on," Hel pressed on. "Magatha and Ailyth are all by themselves. And Saga..."

"Oh yes, that little thorn of yours," Beliza cried in anger, grinding her teeth. "You had to bring him up. Another reason for me to wake up Baldr, he'll make sure our realm remains safe from his greedy reach. I'd love to see Saga facing off against my master, then he'd know what death feels like."

"Excuse me," Hel said, obviously hurt within, nonetheless, her semblance remained as calm as ever.

"Excuse you what? He's been destroying realm after realm, life after life..."

"You missed something important," Hel replied at her. "We were working to establish peace, Saga merely eliminated those that did not want to be part of that."

"Through killing leaders and threatening others? Oh what a happy bunch you are."

Hel did not seem so proud that moment.

"It had to be done some way, you fools don't listen to reason. What do you know of any of that anyway, you've been too concerned trying to find Baldr's body. Well now you have, do what you must do." Hel said, turning around again. "Come on, Avonite, we leave now."

Avonite hesitated, she didn't even turn to follow Hel, who had to turn around and press her again with much urgency. "Come on, sister!"

"No!" Medusa responded, her voice solid.

Hel nearly swooned and fell after hearing the resounding no. Her sister had opposed her!

"You see, Hel, you have a vision, a respect for life. That's very honorable, but I have my own vision and my own way of reasoning. I just don't see it as right, as fair for all other living creatures just letting this ugly hag do as she must tonight."

Beliza's face hardened at that, and her eyes glimmered in anger.

"I mean...are we to just sit back and watch and do nothing?" Medusa went on, ignoring Beliza's look upon her. "Are we to let our brother come back to life and let him do what he couldn't do millennia ago? Let him have dominion over all life? I swore to oppose him always! And I shall!"

Hel closed her eyes and shook her head in much frustration.

"I'm...really tired..." Hel said, even her voice sounded tired, spiritless, that it forced Avonite and Beliza to regard her curiously. Hel noticed their stares on her and sighed deeply. "I'm tired of it all. Tired of the wrongness of this world, of all the death, of all the injustice, of all the evil. I am not going to watch either of you battle each other or die tonight. You two do as you must, I take my leave now. Be well, both of you."

"But..." Medusa cried. "We are two, we can stop this from happening in the first place!"

"No," Hel reasoned, shaking her head. "Even if we were to rush Beliza and kill her, it wouldn't be before she throws the sphere towards the skull. So why fight what can't be stopped? I'm not going to stain my hands with blood, not Beliza's, not anyone else's for that matter. I've had it! What has to come to pass will come to pass."

And she turned around and walked away, shoulders slumped, head lowered, eyes beginning to let tears escape, as if all the millennia she had lived so far had finally caught up to her.

"I don't believe this," Avonite cried in denial and anger. "You quit!? You just...call it quits when everything matters?"

Hel did not stop nor gave her sister an answer, but further up ahead she stopped close to three dead bodies of fallen soldiers, sighed at the bloody sight and began designing a magical door that would take her back to Tartakus. Without turning to stare back at her sister and cousin, she went into the portal and disappeared from view.

And Avonite and Beliza turned to regard each other, both with much hate for the other.

Avonite sneered at her cousin. "Now what then?"

Beliza didn't respond immediately, rather took the time to quickly glance down below at Baldr's skull before returning her stare to Avonite. Maybe Hel was right, she thought, maybe she wasn't, but Beliza had sworn to perform this kind of duty.

"Now you witness the beginning of the end." Beliza's words carried a coldness unlike anything Avonite had heard or felt before.

*End of Part 7 of ??*

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Chapter 25 Part 8/8

“The beginning of the end, huh? You don’t have the guts to drop that sphere, cousin,” challenged Avonite, preparing herself to act just in case Beliza surprised her. “I can see it in your face, you lack the strength, the will. You fear Baldr!”

Beliza just remained staring at her for a while, but then, without removing her stare from Avonite, she spoke back. “Do I?”

Medusa would have answered something harsh then, to anger her cousin, but then, just as she was about to do that, the serpent lady noticed a faint blue light appearing suddenly ten feet or so behind Beliza and the succubus.

Avonite hid a smile and quickly diverted her gaze off to the side, and her eyes came to rest upon Baldr, her own fallen brother. She’d only done that in order to not give away the light behind Beliza, for she had a minor idea of what that light was. If she’d kept her eyes on Beliza, her cousin probably would have seen the light’s reflection in her eyes and would be alerted.

“Yes, you foul creature,” ridiculed Beliza with a laugh. “Lay eyes upon him, lay eyes upon your fallen brother. He will be rising and setting everything right!”

Medusa kept her stare on Baldr, not feeling sorry for his current predicament, and she knew that she was not wrong in her earlier assessment, for the light grew and became the form of a portal, a magical door. Through it bust out queen Hel, her right hand already showing a surge of electrical energy. She launched the shocking spell at the succubus’s back, hitting her entirely.

The succubus was launched out to the front, barely missing hitting Beliza on the back by a foot. At that same time, Medusa returned her stare upon Beliza, who was barely registering what was going on. The succubus landed a few feet away from Medusa, convulsed wildly, and then died.

“What..” Beliza cried, and she turned around in time to see that Hel had already launched a weird blueish spell in the form of a hand her way. She barely avoided it by jumping off to the side. The spell had been aimed to take the sphere from her hand, but Beliza had been quick to avoid that. The hand went by and disintegrated in mid air.

“I should have known of your damn treachery, Hel!” Beliza cried in anger. “You sure fooled me with your sad little words…”

“I just want the best for all of us,” Hel told her, face full of worry and unnerved. “Nothing personal, really. Give me the sphere, Beliza!”

“Not even in your most pleasant dreams would I be doing such a thing,” notified Beliza.

Medusa, with Beliza’s back exposed to her, was about to hit her with a powerful blast of energy, but Hel shouted at her. “No! Don’t hurt her! We just want the sphere, Avonite!”

Beliza turned over her shoulder, realizing that she had put herself at danger when she had turned to face Hel.

Medusa, teeth gritted, was barely able to contain her fury and listened to her sister, but she did let go of the blast near the ground where Beliza stood. That ought to disrupt her for a few seconds, Avonite had thought.

It did disrupt Beliza, she had to stumble away as the ground beside her exploded. Dirt and smallish rocks peppered Beliza’s face and body, but really didn’t hurt her at all. As she did stumble away, Beliza was already calling her magic out as well. She summoned a sword made of pure fire and launched it at Medusa, who swirled her slender body and barely avoided it, the magical flames were felt by Medusa nonetheless as the sword sailed by.

“Ah, so your magic has improved!” shouted Avonite with a grin. “Not enough to deal with me, though. I will teach you how it’s done, hag!”

Beliza let go a similar sword spell at Hel, who duck low but came coming on afterwards.

“Stop!” shouted Beliza at her coming cousins. “This is unfair! Two on one!”

They were not listening to her, specially Avonite.

Another bluish hand spell came seeking the sphere, but Beliza wisely got out of the way. Avonite was coming in from the other side, and sliding fast, Beliza noted. With her heart beating wildly, she knew that she only had one way to go, so she ran forward towards the hole where the mighty form of her fallen god laid.

Avonite’s tail came sweeping forward, trying to trip her as she went. Beliza jumped over it and landed perfectly on the barren ground. The dark lady, just a feet away from the hole’s edge, was quick to turn around, her arm and hand risen with the sphere up in the air, Beliza waving it threateningly before them.

Hel and Avonite stopped in front of Beliza, just five feet or so away from her.

“Don’t do it!” adviced Hel. “Think about this, cousin!”

“Shut up, you’ve left me no choice!” Beliza shouted angrily at Hel, then she regarded Avonite, who was to her right. “I had in mind dealing with you one on one, Avonite. I had thought about fighting you for the sphere, but now that I’ve seen your sister’s treachery, you two don’t deserve anything.”

“I would have beaten you, Beliza,” Avonite said, breathing hard. “We can still dance, you and I. Hel will not int-”

“It’s a little too late for that!” Beliza snapped. “I would have loved to fight you. I would have loved to see which of us two was the greatest, Avonite, but I guess that won’t be happening now. You two…“ and Beliza grinned evilly. “deal with him now…”

And before Hel or Avonite could even begin to rush her, Beliza quickly turned around and threw the sphere against the mighty skull laying below.

“Noooo!” cried Hel in a voice filled with the utmost terror and disbelief as she rushed forth. Avonite rushed as well, but not wanting to hurt Beliza, rather her eyes went to land on the partially uncovered skull. There, the two sisters and Beliza were able to see the sphere breaking in many tiny fragments. The soul trapped within the sphere, which was almost transparent but very visible to the eye, remained hanging in the cold air for just a brief second before it was absorbed into the skull.

*End of Chapter 25*

One final chapter remains to end this book.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
For this book, Maggie. ^^ I am hoping to wrap it all up with book 3 afterwards. I dunno if that will be as long as the previous two, but a 3rd book is coming. ;) Thanks for reading. I probably will not include an epilogue for this one, I will just move on to the 3rd book once I update with the next chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom