• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Asgard Legends

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Wow I really haven't been on much lately.. :/ I'm trying to catch up on the the story. Looks great so far!

I hope you do catch up. And as to your character, he's coming, don't lose faith in me. ;)

This was a great chapter!:clap: Can't wait for more!:D

Thanks. Well here is the next update. I wish I wasn't so busy, otherwise I probably would have already ended book 2. But anyway, we'll get there. Enjoy.

--Oh, this is one of those long chapters broken down into several pieces, like that Cocytos one in book 1. I don't know how long this one will be, but you know what to expect now. :P

cc25.png

Part 1 of ??

Keeping herself well hidden behind a large boulder, Hel waited patiently for Avonite to come back. She had left her sister's side a few minutes ago and only to take care of a little problem.

They were in central Midgard, and so very close to the dig site. The region, being mountainous terrain and all, contained lots of boulders of assorted sizes and shapes, but not only that, there were herbs, short grass, trees, and pine trees covering some of the mountainous terrain. It was also very cold, but upon their arrival to the region, queen Hel had summoned a magical spell to defeat that cold and keep herself and Avonite warm.

From her place behind the boulder, Hel could hear a few voices from soldier sentinels who spoke to each other off in the distance as they kept vigilance around the place. Hel hardly paid any heed to what they were saying, for it didn't matter at the moment, all she wanted to do was have a look at the gigantic corpse that had supposedly been found. Worried as she was feeling, she decided to simply calm down and wait for Avonite's return.

A few minutes later Hel heard footsteps approaching from the left side. Hel prepared a quick fire ball, but her spell's power died quickly in her hand when she realized it was just her sister Avonite, who was returning from her little expedition.

"Here, put this on," Avonite offered her sister a soldier outfit complete with armor and helmet. Avonite was already dressed in such an Artolian armada outfit, which made Hel regard her from head to toe.

"These belonged to two female soldiers, getting them was easy enough."

Hel gave her one of those curious, investigative looks.

"No, I didn't kill them, sister, I just knocked them out after I lured them out from their posts. Those two shouldn't be a problem for us, but we have to be careful around the place, it is crawling with guards. I'm pretty sure the little princess has had in mind keeping that find secure from the moment it was discovered, so we have to be very careful out here."

Hel, relieved to hear that Medusa had not killed the two soldiers, nodded and took the soldier gear from her sister. Excitedly, for it had been a long while since she had done this kind of daring, adventurous thing, she began to put the outfit on just as Avonite turned around to keep an eye out while her sister changed. A few minutes later, Hel, in her Ailyth looks, resembled an Artolian soldier before Avonite's examining eyes. The serpent lady, who at the moment resembled Hel's daughter, nodded at her and told her that she looked as good as a normal soldier, but admitted that she was the one who looked better in the captain gear. Hel just rolled her eyes and asked her. "Now what, then, Miss Captain?"

"Now you follow me. I will take you to where our brother's remains are being dug out."

"Lead on," Hel seemed anxious to get going, even Medusa could tell that.

Together they left their hiding place and headed towards the main encampment, where it was that most of the workers and soldiers slept after a hard-working day.

Hel and Medusa, disguised as soldiers, went walking through the main encampment without much trouble arousing for them, but just as they were about to leave the last of the tents that marked the end of the main encampment, they heard warning shouts coming from the north side.

"Intruders!" was what Medusa and Hel made out of the voices that were shouting in the distance. "Intruders!"

The first thought that came to mind for the two deities was that they had been discovered, that the warning shouts were referring to them. Medusa and Hel stopped dead in their tracks and stared confusingly at one another, thinking they had to take some sort of rash action if indeed they had been discovered.

Suddenly, just as several soldiers began to rouse themselves all around them due to the warning calls, a panic-stricken soldier who wielded a sword in his right hand came running out of nowhere from behind two large mounds of deposited dirt and stone that stood thirty feet or so away from the main encampment.

"Intruders!" he arrived the area shouting, and when he took notice of the captain, he rushed towards her. "Captain, there's trouble at the dig site!"

Medusa, who had the soldier right in front of her, hesitated for a bit and just remained staring at him in a confused way. The soldier, after noticing that the captain seemed kind of young, also stared at the captain in a confused way.

Hel was the one who reacted by shouting, "Captain! Didn't you hear him?"

"What are you talking about, soldier?" Medusa snapped out of her confusion and asked him. "Intruders you say? Well how many and what kind? Report to me now!"

By this time, other soldiers who had been sleeping earlier within their small tents or bedrolls, were already surrounding them, most of them curious to know what the hell was going on.

"A portal, they arrived through a portal!" explained the soldier as good as he could with all his felt tension and all. "The other sentinels went to greet them, but I saw two falling quickly to several winged beings that I have never seen before! But there was a female mage firing magic at us. Quickly, we must do something!"

Medusa turned to regard her sister at that, and Hel rose her eyebrows in surprise and leaned her head just a tad bit, letting Medusa know that she'd better say something before someone began to question their genuineness as being soldiers. "What do we do, captain?" Hel was even bright enough to add in her sister's support, Medusa did not dismiss that assist and felt proud of her sister.

"Go to the dig site!" was what came to Medusa's mind at that time. "All of you!" she pointed at several soldiers who were around them and even drew her steel sword out. "We have to guard this place as was instructed to us by the princess!"

The young soldier said nothing at first, neither did the rest, but when the female captain shouted at him. "Now! We'll be right behind you, lad!" he nodded and looked at the other soldiers who had surrounded them as they had been talking.

"Follow me, comrades," he told them, then he courageously took the lead. Six soldiers, their weapons already drawn, followed him to the north side while others stayed behind to wake other soldiers from their precious sleep.

And just then, Medusa was about to begin trotting away to the north, but Hel detained her by grabbing her right arm.

"Where do you think you're going?"

"What now?" asked Medusa as she turned to regard her.

"Why the hurry?" asked Hel, letting go of her sister's arm. "This could be trouble for us right here, you fool."

"What do you mean?"

"You heard that soldier's report! Who else would want to secure those remains?"

Medusa licked her lips nervously and looked away. "I don't understand..."

"I doubt those intruders are even human," said Hel, believing deep within herself that the intruders were indeed big trouble for them. "I expect them to be Baldr's followers."

"W-what?" Medusa asked, her face going pale, tension running through her arms. "You think Beliza and them folks from Ashland have come?"

"I didn't say that," Hel said, shaking her head. "But we cannot dismiss the warning. If we are to go to those remains, then we better be ready to expect anything."

Medusa nodded.

"Now lead the way, sister," Hel ordered as she looked about the encampment. "And be ever at the ready."

Medusa led the way and Hel followed close behind. During the way, Hel had also unsheathed her steel sword, but both Medusa and Hel knew they would never be using them, rather if it came to fighting it out with those intruders, they would be using the weapons they always used: magic.

A few soldiers joined with them, and as they all went running to the north and past tall mounds of deposited dirt and rock, they all heard wild shouting and battle sounds coming from over yonder, and they saw the darkness being illuminated at times, followed by the sounds of loud, magical blasts.

*end of part 1 of ??*

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Thank you guys and gals for your continued support.

Anyway, here's the next update. Things are really coming to a close soon for this book. I think this is the last chapter, but there will also be an Epilogue.

Part 2 of ??

Both sisters badly wanted to get to the area where the fight was going on, the two of them wanting nothing more than to take action and help save as many human soldiers as possible.

They had to stop their advance suddenly when a soldier's body came flying from the front and landed right in front of Hel's feet, who was forced to stop. The soldier writhed and cried in pain and agony, touching at his open belly with his hands, and he convulsed for several seconds before finally drawing his last breath.

"Oh no," Hel bent low then, wondering whether she could help him out, but she knew as soon as she knelt that it was already too late to help him, the soldier was dead, killed by a bolt of electricity which had hit him in the gut. With a sad semblance displayed upon her fair face, Hel noticed that it was the young man who had informed them earlier about the intruders.

"He's gone," Avonite said from the side, tone also sad.

Hel rose up, looked at her and gave her a slight nod while biting her lower lip in frustration, although she was very hurt within, even if the soldier was just a human being which she had known only briefly.

"Stay there," said Avonite as she left her sister's side, disappearing behind a mound of deposited dirt and stone before Hel could say anything to stop her.

Hel waited, wondering what Medusa was up to. A little worried as she felt, she rubbed her right cheek with her right hand while she waited, hoping that her sister did not enter the fray all by herself.

Medusa was quick to return to her sister's side before she started to worry. "Bad news, sister," she said in an instant.

"What?" Hel demanded right away.

"You were right...It's Beliza."

"I knew it." Hel simply said, and her sad face turned serious, her fists balled up and the knuckles became white due to the tightening force she gave them.

Turning to regard her sister, she added. "There is no one else out there who would be interested in Baldr's remains as is Beliza. We have to do something and keep the rest of the soldiers at bay, we can't let anyone else die at the hands of our cousin, they don't stand a chance against her and anything else she brought along."

"She's brought only six servants, three demons and three succubi," informed Medusa, her eyes dancing wildly before her sister. "All elite from the looks of it, many soldiers are already dead before them."

"Darn it!" Hel cried with much disgust, feeling bad for the soldiers who had already died.

"Listen to me, sister. I...I have a plan," said Avonite. "You wait here, I will take care of sending the troops on the retreat back to Artolia. When I come back, you and I will deal with this business ourselves."

Hel, having not too many options at the moment, merely nodded at her and told her to hurry before Beliza or her servants decided to come further into the encampment.

"Right," Medusa said and left running back to the main encampment. Hel kept a good watch while her sister was away sending the soldiers and diggers away. As she waited there behind the large mounds of dirt, she still heard several blasts and painful cries coming from further up north, for a few soldiers still remained and were fighting off the intruders just beyond the mounds of deposited dirt and stone from where she hid behind.

Avonite returned about ten minutes later, time that felt like eternity to Hel. She was alone, and she surprised Hel when the Queen of Tartakus noticed that she was already back to her own form, Magatha's semblance was gone.

"More than forty souls are on their way back to Artolia," she informed Hel. "It wasn't hard sending them back, I had trouble reuniting everyone, that's why I delayed. Anyway, I'm here now, so let us take care of business."

Medusa started forward, sliding along the rough ground, her serpentine form carrying her swiftly forth.

"Wait," Hel detained her. Medusa did stop and regard her sister.

"What, sister?"

"I have a plan. I thought of it as I waited for your return."

"Then let us hear it quick," responded Avonite.

*End of Part 2 of ??*

Last edited by a moderator:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Again, thanks you two, and anyone else who reads it later.

@Caeda Answer coming soon
@Lukee Gotta have a good plan. ;)

Here is the next update in line.

Part 3 of ??​

Lady Beliza was not surprised at how effective her servants took care of business. As she walked towards the area where the remains awaited, she couldn't help it but smile proudly as her dark eyes took notice of the many soldiers laying about the ground, all surely dead or drawing their last breaths. And even as she went walking forward, the sound of battle still hung in the air as her six servants continued to take care of opposing soldiers who apparently would fight till the end.

"Stupid humans," she heard herself saying lowly. "Can't even give up even after it is clear the battle has been won by the enemy."

She turned to regard Guerxwien just in time as this one easily took a soldier's weapon away from him, clubbed him hard on top of the helmet with the pommel before finally driving it through the soldier's stomach. Guerxwien dropped the bloody sword, and turned about frantically looking for her next victim. In other parts of the dig site other soldiers were not faring any better, in fact, many more died horribly at the hands of the three she-demons and the other two succubi as these opted to kill using their large nails and sharp teeth, and even magic. Many soldiers got part of their throats bitten off, and several others got their faces slashed nastily, some even losing their eyes as the sharp nails poked them out with ease. A few others died at the hands of the terrible she-demons, who blasted them away with their potent magic.

The shrilling shouts of pain nor the magical blasts didn't stop lady Beliza in her walk, in fact, she heard them too far away in her mind. She now was too concentrated in what was to come for her: bringing her master, her god, back to life. She knew her servants would keep her protected from any harm, so she didn't even worry about being assaulted. She brought out a small 8-inch wooden staff from within her satchel and used its magic to summon a globe of light, which transformed the darkness into daylight, so to speak. Then she called upon her own god-given magic and let the staff hang in the air at her right. On she went walking towards her master's resting place, the staff following along and lighting the way.

At last, lady Beliza stood a foot or two away from a well dug large hole that must have been at least six feet deep. Within that hole, the large skull could be seen completely, along with some bones which were part of the Cervical vertebrae. The humans had been doing a great job unearthing their find, taking great measure not to hurt the remains in any way.

Lady Beliza trembled as scenes from the past suddenly invaded her mind. Merely by looking at the skull, those thoughts had rushed to her mind, and she turned her sight away from the skull and gulped and felt suddenly very afraid, so afraid that she even staggered two steps back, as if suddenly not wanting to do what she had come to do. But she scowled at herself and calmed down almost instantly. She took a deep breath to steady herself, daring to stare back at the empty sockets of the skull, which, even in death, still frightened her like nothing else. Yes, to lady Beliza it was as if her master was watching her with his very own dark eyes and not the sockets. Her master had been the cruelest of beings ever to draw breath. Some of the scenes that had assaulted Beliza had been from his brief dark reign over the entire earth. Those thoughts would have had frightened anyone, more so a being like lady Beliza, who had lived through all that long ago.

Lady Beliza turned to regard the heavens then, feeling unsure of what she was about to do. She knew many beings resided there, and maybe a few were laying eyes on her at that very moment. She felt a little pity for them, but the thought of having eyes on her spurred her finally to take action, to do what she had come to do.

And so she walked up a few steps forward as she rummaged in a magical pocket within the satchel. From there she brought out the only thing that she would need for the awakening, a dark glowing sphere which had the design of four horned skulls all around. It glowed in a grayish aura, but the horned skulls' eyes glowed in a blood red color. The sphere of life, as it was called, had been entrusted to her by her own master four millennia ago. But not only the sphere, she had also received simple instructions on how to use it. For a few seconds, as she held it in her right hand, Beliza marveled at its unique design once again.

All she needed to do for it to take effect was to shatter the sphere against the skull--or anything else pertaining to her master's remains. The sphere would break and release the soul it held within, Baldr's own soul, which the god had split into two long ago, in case he fell against the All-Father.

Beliza glanced from the sphere to the skull down below, and she rose her arm decisively, preparing to launch it away and be done with it.

With her arm risen, her hand holding the sphere so tightly that it could have shattered a rock but not the sphere, Beliza closed her eyes and hesitated. What she was about to do was no minor matter. She knew that by shattering the sphere against the skull, that she would be bringing back to life the most cruel being to ever exist. Dark days awaited the earth, the heavens, and any other world in existence, for Lord Baldr would not have it any other way.

Lady Beliza opened her eyes, her mind made up. She made a move to pitch the sphere against the skull, however, she didn't get to release it as she suddenly caught sight of one of her servants being blasted away by a terrible ball of fire.

"Purl!" lady Beliza recognized the succubus even as this one was engulfed in fire, the succubus' cry of pain had been enough for her to recognize her.

And lady Beliza was filled with the utmost terror and confusion as she saw her servant burning within the fire on the ground, already much dead.

"P-Purl!" she cried, but she already knew that the succubus was gone.

"Who?!" she then turned an enraged look at the direction from where the blast had come from. She could see no one, save for the other two succubi and the she-demons, who were making their way there.

"No, to me, to me!" Beliza, smelling trouble, called them towards her. And they heard her and the succubi turned around mid flight and headed back to her, the she-demons turned around and rushed back to her as well.

Beliza put the sphere of life back within the special magical pocket in the satchel, the one that would only open at her hand's touch and no one else's.

She waited in her spot as the remaining five servants surrounded her in a protective way.

"Who!" Beliza cried loudly, enraged. "Who dares interfere with my business! Come out! Show yourself!"

For a few seconds only the bitter wind howled in response, and nothing around them moved. But then a figure came walking forth from within the darkness, a mere soldier to Beliza and her servants' eyes.

*End of Part 3 of ??*

Last edited by a moderator:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
These were pretty good!:clap: But its sad to see the story end soon.:( But I can't wait to see what great ending you come up with!:D Keep it going!^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom