• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Asgard Legends

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Ooh, really good chapter!:clap: Actually, right now I only have a top two.:sweat: And those would be the one that I just said in my previouse post and the Cokytos(is that how you spell it?) one.:D I'm still thinking of my third.^^

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Good chapter, you introduced my character. :)
Looks like she doesn't want her money back. Not something we see every day in real life.....:P

Only one thing, I guess I should have mentioned this in the sign-up thread, my guy's hair is messy, but not mohawked. ;)

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Really nice chapter, Ao ^^ I didn't find anything wrong ;) A lot of more people were introduced here which was nice ^^ I wonder what plan Damera has in mind :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Ooh, really good chapter!:clap: Actually, right now I only have a top two.:sweat: And those would be the one that I just said in my previouse post and the Cokytos(is that how you spell it?) one.:D I'm still thinking of my third.^^

It's Cocytos, but I understood you perfectly, it was close. ^^ The Cocytos chapter was long, it's one of my favorites too, but not my top favorite. Thanks for reading, btw.

A good chapter, my character being introduced made it even better.

Haha, I am glad you think so.

Good chapter, you introduced my character. :)
Looks like she doesn't want her money back. Not something we see every day in real life.....:P

Only one thing, I guess I should have mentioned this in the sign-up thread, my guy's hair is messy, but not mohawked. ;)

I made some editing on the pic, hope it suits the character better, although I miss the mohawk style, Arkus looked bad-*** with it. :P And thanks for the support.

Really nice chapter, Ao ^^ I didn't find anything wrong ;) A lot of more people were introduced here which was nice ^^ I wonder what plan Damera has in mind :P

About time you didn't find anything wrong. :lol: Jk. Yeah, five peeps introduced just like that, which is good. Here are more characters introduced with this update.

--Added some new art in the art thread.

cc3.png

1 day before Saga's departure to Midgard

Flenceburg, 5:15 PM

If the king had summoned them, both Raina Lowell and Rishian Kaleem knew it had to be an important matter, so they both had left the sorcery academy after they had received word of the king's summoning and had come to the castle grounds.

The two of them, who had been advancing nervously through the castle without paying much attention to their surroundings, literally ran into each other in one of the castle's intersecting hallways. The crash was bad, hurting one's gut and sending the other to pay a visit to the mosaic ivory floor.

"Oh, forgive me, Raina." Rishian, who was a young man who wore glasses and owner of a gentle voice, quickly begged for forgiveness as he came to find out that he had crashed against none other than Raina Lowell, the headmistress of the female side in the academy.

Sitting on the floor on her butt, Raina looked upon the man she had just bumped into and was surprised to find out that it was headmaster Rishian, who was dressed splendidly in a light gray leather robe with a purple trim that day. Raina, on the other hand, wore white pants and a reddish long coat, for outside the castle a chilly wind had been blowing.

Good going, Raina you fool, she thought in embarrassment to herself as the young man offered his hand to help her up. He's only going to think that you're still the clumsy fool of old.

Raina and Rishian had both entered the sorcery academy the very same day six years ago. From that day on they had become good friends and had lived through many things together, including them becoming headmaster and headmistress of the academy a year ago. Their line of work lately had kept them from being able to visit much with each other, and so both of them had been very surprised to have met each other again...and in such a way.

Raina, surely more than surprised, took Rishian's hand quickly and he pulled her up easily, the headmaster offering a kind, apologetic smile as well. "I'm really sorry," he added, letting go of her hand. "I should have watched where I was going."

"Meh," Raina quickly straightened her coat and smiled at him to assure him that she was alright. "Think nothing much of the matter. But tell me, headmaster, what are you doing here?"

"Well, I ask the same to you," Rishian countered and laughed. "It's not often that we get to visit the castle, eh?"

"I...I was summoned by his majesty, Rishian," Raina explained. "Got word of that just ten minutes ago, so I came here as fast as my little legs would bring me."

"So did I," Rishian chuckled and glanced about the hall, noticing the white stone work and several drapes that hung as adornments. " I didn't want to keep the king waiting, that is why I was in a hurry too."

"And also a bit distracted," Raina pointed out with a chuckle and dusted off the back part of her long reddish robe, which she only wore when she left the academy. "Just like myself."

"Aye," Rishian adjusted his glasses.

"It's been a long time, eh?" Raina smiled coolly at him, and she even put her hand on her friend's shoulder and squeezed it in a friendly, comforting way. "How have you been?"

"I-I uh," Rishian stammered, his gaze falling momentarily to the floor. "I've been doing lots of studying lately, my friend, and keeping up with running the whole academy, it's surely not an easy task, no wonder they gave it to me."

Raina blurted out laughing, and Rishian followed suit.

Then he asked. "What about you, my good friend?"

"Busy, busy, busy," Raina removed her hand from his shoulder and glanced at two heavily armored guards that went walking by. "I've been helping my students and keeping the east wing running as it should. As you said, it definitely is not an easy task to handle, but I'll maintain."

"That is very good, I'm so glad for you, Raina. But um...Should we proceed, headmistress? We don't want to keep our beloved king waiting, eh? Last thing I would want is for him to get angry and shut down our great sorcery academy."

With a voluble nod and smile, Raina agreed with him.

Together, the mages proceeded to head to the court room, where their king sat and ruled over the mightiest realm in all of Midgard: Flenceburg.

The large golden doors that led into the royal throne room were opened up by a pair of heavily armed and armored guards, and the mages were allowed into the room.

Rishian swiftly proceeded into the room, feeling a bit tense and nauseous as he did, for rarely was he in the presence of such an important figure. His academy colleague, who was headmistress of the women's side, felt the very same, if not any worse, for she believed that anyone who was summoned to stand before the king felt beyond nervous.

They both walked nervously to the front, and when they came to stand a mere five feet away from the high throne where the king comfortably sat, they bowed respectfully before him.

There he sat, looking majestic and full of glory, an imposing thirty five year old figure dressed in fine royal attire. His hair was blonde and curly, his visible skin light, and his eyes green as emerald gems. He wore a four-spiked crown around his head that was made of pure gold, with many valuable gems of assorted colors around it. Off to his right side sat his beloved daughter, princess Jubilee, who was eighteen years old. She was dressed in an elegant white, royal dress and wore a shiny silvered tiara upon her dark, short hair.

As usual, there were many guards about on the sides, as well as the king's personal advisor, who was a balding old man dressed in white, fine clothing. He stood off to the left side behind a wooden counter where the king's agenda and other books were kept. He gave the two mages a wary glance and nodded at them kindly.

To the king's left side was a small table covered with a silken ivory cloth. There, silvered dishes with the finest foods could be seen, as well as the finest bottles of wine and other imported beverages.

"At ease you two," the king spoke with his solid voice once he noticed how nervous the two mages seem to be in front of him.

"W-We've c-c-come to attend his majesty's call." Rishian stutteredd, and beside him, Raina nervously nodded up at the king.

The king stood up from his throne, so did his precious daughter. He took her hand and together they came walking down the red carpeted stairway that led up to the thrones.

"At my daughter's request I have summoned you here," the king said and let go of his daughter's hand when they reached the floor. He then took his hands to the back of his long red cape and stared at Rishian, then over at Raina. "She's the one who's been growing concerned lately due to all the demon rumors that are going about."

Rishian and Raina exchanged quick glances, but then the headmaster of the magic academy gave his undivided attention to the princess.

"How can we be of service, my princess?" Rishian bowed at the princess, who stood very patiently. He thought she was very gorgeous, although the young woman standing to his right side was also dazzling.

The king nodded at his daughter when she turned to regard him, then he spoke aloud, ordering the guards and his advisor to leave them alone. They obeyed, filing out of the throne room one by one until only the king, his daughter and the two mages were left alone.

"My father is right," the princess spoke then, her voice sweet and friendly. Her beautiful semblance contorted a bit due to the words that left her mouth soon after. "I've been growing concerned over all these demon rumors. Do you two know anything about the matter?"

She scanned their faces carefully.

"The rumors reached our ears a month or so ago," it was Rishian who spoke, after Raina conceded him with a nod to take the lead in explaining.

The young headmaster adjusted his glasses and went on.

"We know little on the matter, your highness, for as you know, our magical studies focus on the benevolent arts, not the dark ones. We haven't been looking into the matter at all, as dark magic and demons are not our concern, I even strictly forbade any kind of that talk within our sacred grounds."

"I was aware of that," the princess furrowed her brow, the king off to the side, who was listening on very attentive, crossed his arms.

"But the citizenry has grown with fear with all the rumors," princess Jubilee went on to mention, shifting uneasily in her place. She too crossed her arms before her chest. "That is a fact, I learned that during my last trip to the Centre plaza just a week ago. And I can tell you that not only here in our realm, but elsewhere as well. I won't deny it, I have become restless as well, my dreams have turned into nightmares these last days and have stolen my peace. All this demon talk has gotten into my head that it finally made me take action. The whole subject is startling, to say the least."

"I agree," Rishian nodded, and Raina did too. Opting to imitate her king's pose, Raina took her hands behind her back and just listened on, wondering what the princess had in mind doing. Whatever it was, Raina was sure it would involve Rishian and herself.

"My good friend from Artolia, princess Hazel Nola, sent me a letter in which she confessed her fears about the whole subject. S-She's begged me to help her out."

Rishian merely nodded at that, his eyes squinting briefly as the image of the beautiful princess Nola crossed his mind. Raina just looked on, curious as to why the princess had stammered in her talk.

"This is where you two come in," the princess explained, uncrossing her arms. She scratched her left forearm nervously with her right hand. It was apparent then that the princess was a tad bit nervous, perhaps more so than Rishian and Raina had ever been before the presence of the king and herself. She turned a quick glance her father's way, who only stared and smiled caringly at her.

"My friend has petitioned me to lend her the best mages at my disposal, for she thinks someone like you two may be able to help her out with her own dilemma."

Rishian would have gladly asked about princess Nola's problem, but he knew he was in the presence of the king. They were his loyal subjects and bound to obey, and so Rishian merely nodded at that, as did Raina, who had also wanted to know what kind of problem it was that was bothering the princess of Artolia. They both knew it had to do with all the demon talk, though, but nothing was clear beyond that point.

"Well," Rishian said in concern, bringing his right index finger to touch his lower lip, then he stared down at the mosaic floor. "How...I mean..." He shook his head wildly feeling very stupid for stammering. "Forgive me, your highness, I am a little bit nervous."

"It's alright," princess Jubilee understood him. "You just need to relax and calm down."

Rishian nodded at that, knowing it was true. From where he stood he was able to smell the fine perfume that the princess had splashed upon herself this day. It smelt so good that it made Rishian take a deep breath, and that deep breath steadied him a bit.

"We are ready to serve you, just tell us what we need to do." Rishian said and his eyes gleamed at the princess.

"It is very simple," princess Jubilee glanced at Raina, who had kept mostly quiet in her place. "You two will go with me to Artolia, where we will meet up with Nola. There, I am sure she will explain more on the matter that is troubling her. Father has already granted me permission to go and take you along."

Raina's nervousness begin to fade and her heart warmed up at the possibility of a trip.

"I see," said Rishian, gulping lightly afterwards. "So we are going on a trip." He chuckled nervously then stared at the king. "My king, my colleague and I are ready to be of service to you and your daughter." And he bowed at him again, so did Raina.

"Then it is settled," the king said. "You should go and prepare yourselves well for the trip, it will be a few days that you will be gone, perhaps a week or so, so prepare well."

"Yes, my king," both Rishian and Raina said.

"Oh," the king went on. "And now would be a good time to let you two know that no one else should know of this matter, keep it strictly to yourselves. You two and my daughter will be going to Artolia alone, via a magical portal that you will create. I want this matter resolved as quickly as possible."

"Not a problem, your highness," Rishian said, then he excused himself from his presence and turned his attention to the princess.

"Should we come back here when we are ready to depart or what?"

Shaking her head, the princess replied. "I will go to the academy later today and from there we will depart tonight. Make sure to take your scepters and any scrolls or tomes you may need. I'd recommend taking along any books containing demon folklore, or their history, to appease my friend's trouble."

"U-Understood," Rishian smiled warmly at her.

"You do have books about demons and their history, right?" princess Jubilee rose her eyebrows in a wondering way. "Or have you also prohibited the students the study of demon lore?"

"No, there is nothing wrong with permitting our students the liberty to studying about demons and their dark history, nothing wrong with learning lore about living species. I, myself, have a few volumes on that subject laying about somewhere in my personal library but have never really paid them any heed. I prefer to study and learn about the good sided creatures who are believed to reside in heaven, that's where it's at for me."

"You are very devoted to goodness, headmaster Rishian," the princess commented with a fond smile. "It is well known all around, and I hear the whole academy loves you for that. That's good, really. It makes me feel proud of you."

Rishian smiled at her in kind thanks, and he didn't know whether his cheeks had turned red before the princess. He hoped not.

"Very well, you know what to do," the princess finalized. "I too, will excuse myself from your presence and my father's, as I have stuff to prepare for the trip."

A few minutes later, the two mages were excused from the presence of the royal family.

As they headed back to the academy, Raina felt so excited about the whole thing, but Rishian was very thoughtful on the matter at hand.

It was a chilly day, the wind that blew was carrying a hint of the winter season that was fast approaching.

"Come on, headmaster," Raina said. "Cheer up, don't look so gloomy, we'll get to distract ourselves during this trip, aren't you excited about it? It'll be another great experience for us!"

Rishian regarded the beautiful brunette. He knew why Raina was excited: she had never been to Artolia before. Finally she would go there and visit the Central Realm, as Artolia was also known as, for it was located in the center of the continent.

"I would prefer to remain in the academy," Rishian commented as he kept on walking. "I have lots of stuff going on at the moment, Raina...valuable stuff!

"Valuable stuff?" Raina glanced at him curiously. "What are you about?"

"I am so close to deciphering a possible way into Valhalla itself."

For an instant Raina was surprised, but then she let a wide smile take form.

"Yes, you are busy with that sort of stuff, eh?" Raina chuckled. "You've always been fascinated by the lore of angels and gods and about trying to find a way in to their realm. I remember it well since that day we met and shared our beliefs and thoughts with each other."

Rishian merely looked at her and nodded.

"What is this realm called again? Val hall something?"

"It's called Valhalla, Raina, the celestial realm. Well, it's a plane where I think the good gods live in, along with millions of angels or guardians."

"I see," Raina told him. "You've perked my interest, Rishian. Maybe when we come back from that trip you can explain to me with deeper detail."

"Oh, I shall, if you want to," Rishian smiled at her. "It'd be an honor for me to do so."

"Alright. Well anyway, we'll have time for that, my friend. For now we better concentrate on the matter at hand, our king is counting on us to aid his daughter."

"You are right."

"Of course I am," Raina laughed heartily. "I do wonder, though, what can be troubling princess Nola anyway? The demon rumors are just that: rumors. I bet she probably just wants us to do some casting and whatnot around the castle for major protection, perhaps even have us perform a summon to find answers. Artolia, after all, doesn't have a sorcery academy, all they have is healers, from what I've heard from several students who come from there."

"I..." Rishian confessed. "I feel something odd...about all this, Raina."

"It's just the tension you felt by being in front of our king. Come on, cheer up, it'll be fun, Rishian."

He smiled lightly at her to make her believe he was a little excited too, but he thought something was wrong with all this. Deep down in his gut he felt an unsure, uncomfortable feeling telling him that something else was the matter. Something bigger besides mere demon rumors and scared princesses.

*End of Chapter*

Last edited by a moderator:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yay, my character showed up! Really great chapter. It's pointless to ask what hher problem is, isn't it?

Yep, it is, as I prefer for you all to find out by reading. :P Don't worry, it won't be long for you to find out what's going on.

Good chapter, I'm also wondering what the princess' problem is, but I guess I'll have to wait to find out.

Yep, just like everyone else. ;)

Fantastic chapter!:clap: Can't wait to see what'll happen next!:D

I'm getting to that, but first I needed to introduce these other characters. I'm afraid Dusana, Ashie, Tekara, Kirana, and Serris will come up in a few more chapters, probably around chapter 7 or 8, so just wait for them, once they join they'll have lots of story time. ;) I don't want you guys/gals feeling left out, it's just the way the story has to be.

Anyway, here's the next update.

--Edit--Btw, Gretel's name has been changed to Aylin, requested by my own friend. just in case you are expecting the old Gretel to show up, she won't, she'll be known as Aylin instead of Gretel, forgot to mention that earlier.

cc4.png

1 day before Saga's departure to Midgard

Totenheim, Valhalla, 9:56 AM (7: 56 PM Midgard Time)

The Arcangelus' walk was serene and graceful, and as she transited through the keep's long white stone corridor, Evelina Brengle kept her head up high in a proud and elegant way. She was not tall, barely stood around five-feet-six-inches. Her eyes were like two beautiful emerald gems, her figure was slender, and her hair was tidy and of a golden hue, which Evelina kept in a banded ponytail at her back. The ponytail swung lively as she walked through that corridor. Her skin was soft and white, and she was dressed that day in her regal silver and gold dress with a silvery belt going around her waist. At her right side hip she carried a satchel and a holster with a sheathed double-bladed dagger, at her left side she carried her golden ageless sword within a silvery scabbard. The sword had been her companion ever since she had received it at her graduation nearly two thousand years ago.

Evelina felt anxious, thrilled, and glad to be back within the confines of Maoka Keep, a place she had often been at, although it had been more than two years since she last was here. The way to the Keep had been long and cold, for Totenheim was actually located on the northern sector of Valhalla, which was covered with thick ice and snow. But besides the long way there and the coldness that Evelina'd had to endure, the trek had also been filled with unexpected turns and events for the Angelus. Evelina had run into trouble five miles away from reaching the keep. A pack of large snow wolves had attacked her, and though one had bit her left forearm, Evelina had successfully killed the beasts using just her sword and a double-bladed dagger. Then, two miles away from reaching her goal, with the mighty Keep visible in the distance on a mountain, another foul beast came out of nowhere and attacked her, this one being a giant hairy spider. The Angelus dealt with the monster and had cursed the neighboring realm of Jotunheim for the trouble, for those beasts had long ago come from there. Similar monsters and other beasts now ran rampant all over Asgard. Despite her troubles with the beasts, Evelina had taken heart knowing that all the effort and trouble would pay off soon enough.

She rounded the corridor's corner and came upon another corridor, although this one was wider and filled with a few more angelus guards and guardian statues on the sides. At the end awaited a golden steel door with the design of an eclipse in the middle. The door, Evelina already knew, opened in two halves and to the sides. Behind that door awaited the being whom she had come to see.

Two buffed up winged angelus standing guard outside a golden door quickly bowed as she neared them, and one of them opened up the door for her. Evelina smiled at the guards, who smiled back courteously. A small emblem resembling a crown with wings that she wore on her right side of the dress let anyone who set eyes on her know that she was a Captain.

Evelina walked right in without hesitation. The door shut tight behind her, and her emerald eyes noticed a seated figure behind a desk some twenty feet away. The figure, who had been busy reading a thick book, turned to regard the door as this one closed with a low thud. Evelina, from her place, merely stared at the figure, but with a wide smile, which was returned by the figure with one of her own.

"Evelina!" the being over at the desk immediately laid down the book she had been reading and stood up.

"Shiek," Evelina said proudly and lowly as she regarded the figure. The Angelus saw as she came towards her.

"Well this surely is a surprise, Evelina," smiled Shiek, who was a short-haired brunette Arkangelus dressed in a silvery light-weight armor.

The two met in the center of the cozy room and stared briefly at each other. Shiek, who had dark eyes and peachy skin, noted the emblem that her friend wore on the side of the chest.

"Let me correct my earlier remark," Shiek chuckled lightly. "It surely is a surprise, Captain Brengle! When did you get appointed?"

"A year ago, actually," Evelina told, her tone glad and proud. "The All-Mother thought the realm could use another captain."

"I knew it wouldn't take you long," Shiek gleamed at her proudly. "After all, you did learn from me and applied to your ways of life all that I taught you back then."

Evelina smiled cozily and gratefully, then they hugged.

"It's been a while, my friend," Evelina said excitedly when they let go of each other.

"Exactly two years, five months, and five days," Shiek pat Evelina on the shoulder. "I've missed you since then."

"Likewise, Commander Shiek," Evelina glanced about the room. "Ah, look at this. You never change, old friend. Everything is as I remember it, tidy and clean. "

"Well," Shiek laughed and glanced about the room as well. "I've got to set the example, being the oldest Arkangelus alive demands that of me."

Evelina smiled and nodded at that. That is when Shiek noticed the white bandages around her friend's left forearm.

"Oh, what happened to you?"

"A little trouble with some beasts," smiled Evelina, not caring much about it. "I'll be fine, though."

"Are you sure?" Shiek asked. "I have some medicine and herbs here."

"I'll be alright," said Evelina, and Shiek nodded understandingly. The Angelus felt proud of her dear friend just by looking at her. Shiek was famous all over Asgard just for being the eldest being alive. Shiek went back to the days of ancient, to the days when Ao the Supreme God had created everything and ruled over his designs. Before Angelus had been created, Shiek and many other celestial sons known as Arkangelus had been created. She had seen and experienced many a things during her nearly eight-millennia prolonged life, including the death of her dear creator at the hands of one of his own sons, the rise and fall of other All-Fathers, and the changing of the universe. She was old, but despite her age, she resembled a beautiful twenty-five year old girl who was just about ready to be seen as an adult woman.

"Ah, alright," Shiek sighed profoundly. "If you insist. But come, Evelina, let us sit so that we may be more comfortable. I know how long and dangerous trek you had to endure, you must be tired, hungry, and thirsty."

"That I am," Evelina agreed to that and followed her dear friend, who took her to a white clothed table just off to the side. They both sat down opposite of each other, Evelina staring at a magical silver candleholder which sat in the middle on the clothed table lighting up part of the room. Not only was there that candleholder, but also a silver tray with pastry, and a pot with a spout, and six golden goblets. Adorning the walls of the room were several bookcases and white drapes, some which were torn and old looking. To the north end of the room behind the desk was a hearth. It was burning with a fire which was what kept the room cozy. And off to the desk's right side was a door on the wall leading to Shiek's sleeping quarters.

"I am sure you didn't just come here to have a look at my own self again," Shiek laughed as she took a hold of the pot and two of the goblets. "Tell me, Evelina, do you bring tidings from the main region?"

Evelina took the time to clear her throat, for she knew the time to let Shiek know of the news had come. Shiek poured a thin, dark liquid from the pot on to the goblets, then she reached out and offered a goblet to her friend.

Evelina reached for the goblet and took it, then she took it up to her mouth and drank the beverage, which was actually warm and tasty. Honeydew, the beverage was called, Evelina knew its flavor at heart. Shiek then shoved the tray across the table and Evelina was able to get her hands on a tasty sweet baked bread, which she took a bite out of almost immediately. When she was done swallowing the bread, she announced.

"I come on behalf of the All-Mother. I was sent to deliver a letter to you, Commander."

"Shiek will do," Shiek smiled at her. "We established that long ago, remember?"

Evelina nodded in embarrassment. "Yes I do, Shiek. Sorry, it's just that...everyone calls you Commander, I forget at times."

Shiek proceeded. "Don't worry about it, I know how it is. So, where is this letter you spoke of?"

She saw as Evelina searched her satchel and brought out the sealed letter, which she offered to her.

Shiek stood up and reached out for the letter. As soon as she had it in her hands she removed the seal and commenced reading it as she remained standing beside the much younger Angelus.

The content was brief, and so after a minute or so, Shiek folded the letter and then regarded her friend, who was eating and drinking still.

"Is there something I need to know?" Evelina looked up at her.

Shiek, her face seeming a little troubled, merely walked away and sat back down, letting her friend finish up, she even told her to finish up, for Evelina had asked again whether something was wrong.

"What is it, Shiek?" Evelina asked once she had eaten the whole piece of bread.

"A bit of trouble in Midgard," Shiek flatly responded. "It seems as though you and I will be teaming up with Freya's daughters, All-Mother's orders."

Evelina rose her eyebrows in surprise, her face brightening excitedly. "Oh my! Jzak and Aylin!"

Shiek nodded, her semblance calm but also troubled. Looking upon her, Evelina believed the contents of the letter had put her friend in that state. Was there something else that the letter said that Shiek did not speak about?

"Well what's the mission, my friend...I mean...if you can tell me, that is."

"I think I will tell you along the way," Shiek informed, and she stood up from her chair. "The All-Mother said we should meet with them at Crag's Point as soon as possible."

"Crag Point," Evelina stood up as well. "I have never been there, but that's not far from here, right?"

"You are right, it's midway between this region and the eastern one, New Orlea, which has been assigned to Freya's daughters. We should get going, I surely don't want to keep them waiting."

"Then I am ready to go," Evelina quickly stated.

"Good," Shiek said, moving away. "Come with me, I'll just grab a few essentials for the road and we will be on our way."

Evelina followed her friend, wondering what was the matter down in Midgard.

*End of Chapter*

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Interesting chapter there, now we've got Shiek in ( which made me chuckle first time I read it .) Trouble in Migard eh? I'm slightly wondering what it is, I'd thought Saga had something to do with it, but hw hasn't even departed for Migard yet. Still, I'm guessing he'll get caught up in it somehow.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Interesting chapter there, now we've got Shiek in ( which made me chuckle first time I read it .) Trouble in Migard eh? I'm slightly wondering what it is, I'd thought Saga had something to do with it, but hw hasn't even departed for Migard yet. Still, I'm guessing he'll get caught up in it somehow.

Yeah, Shiek and Evelina were introduced there in that chapter. Evelina Brengle is Sabel27's character, just in case you didn't know.

The trouble...well...you'll see. ;) You got something right though, Saga hasn't departed for Midgard yet. All these chapters that have been introducing characters and setting up the feeling for this next installment occurred days before Saga departed.

Ooh, this was a great chapter!:clap: I wonder what the trouble is in Midgard.:rolleyes: Keep up the awesome work!;)
It's something big, and I am surprised you guys/gals have no clue on it. :lol: (Medusa sorta spoke about it several times)

cc5.png

Artolian Mountain Range, October 12th, 6:45 AM, Year 2056 (13 Hours before Saga's Departure)

The carriage had suddenly stopped. Within it were Princess Jubilee, Rishian, Raina, and the beautiful young Princess Nola, who went by her last name rather than her first name, which was Hazel. They all had set out from Artolia's royal castle just about an hour ago.

The Artolian Princess was not dressed in the royal attire she had been wearing last night when she had received her guests, rather she simply was wearing dark pants, brown boots, a black blouse, a white cloak which hid her clothing, and a silvery diadem on her head, which kept her blonde, rebellious hair from falling on to her eyes. Like Princess Jubilee herself, Princess Nola was owner of a slender body, and she was as short as Princess Jubilee was, five-six.

Princess Jubilee, for the trip, had also donned a similar outfit as that of her friend's, except her cloak was dark greenish. Rishian Kaleem was dressed in a dark robe and red cape that morning. As to Raina Lowell, she was dressed in a blue robe with an ivory scarf around her neck.

Seated comfortably in their places, the two mages, as well as the princesses, were able to hear a ruckus all around outside the carriage. They could make out voices shouting orders, and the faint sound that came from people working arduously with a shovel and pick.

A mine? Rishian asked himself. Had the princess brought them over to a mine site?

The doors of the carriage opened up, with the heavily armored guards who had done the conducting of the wagon opening them, one on each side.

"We have arrived, Your Majesty," informed one, who bowed as he kept the door opened.

The four passengers got out of the carriage, and as soon as they came out, they stretched their legs and arms and stared all about the area and felt the chilly breeze that blew that young morning.

The sky was clear, with few grayish clouds hanging about for the time being. On the ground, there were mounds of deposited dirt all over the place, and a few workers taking a break near those mounds, some who were smoking, while others drank, ate or merely shared a talk with one another. Beyond the mounds of dirt, huge craggy mountains with snow peaks could be seen all around. Rishian understood that they were somewhere in the Artolian mountain range, or very close to it, it was no wonder the chill wind could be felt, the Artolian Mountain Range was where the nasty winter storms that headed east, north, and south, tended to form.

Beyond one of the mounds they were able to hear the banging sound produced by a pick hitting rock or dirt. Rishian quickly understood the workers were probably doing some digging. Besides the workers and sounds, the area was heavily guarded by guards who wielded crossbows, bows, swords and even spears and axes.

Raina walked towards Rishian and said in a low voice, "It's cold, and I don't like the set up here, too many soldiers for my liking."

Rishian nodded, also more concerned at the place they had just arrived than at the chilly wind. "They are probably guarding the place, whatever this may be," he told her. "I knew I had a reason to feel nervous last night."

"You'll be fine," Raina said, looking around the place.

The two mages were carrying backpacks, but on their hands, not on their backs. Within the backpacks were their books, scepters, tomes, and other essentials they had packed the night before. They had brought them over fearing that they might have use for them.

"Exactly what is this place?" Rishian turned around and dared to ask Princess Nola as he fixed his glasses on his nose.

"This place..." stammered Princess Nola. "This is the place that contains the source of my troubles, good mage."

Rishian nodded at her and kept calm, knowing more info would come to him soon enough, for at the moment he still did not know exactly why he and Raina had been called over for. Princess Nola had not told them much yesterday upon their arrival to the castle, nor had she demanded that they start casting defensive wards or any other spells for protection. While they had been dining privately, she had only promised them that as soon as morning came, she would be taking them out for a ride and sight seeing, but nothing more was said.

"Is this a mine then, Your Highness?" asked Raina, who came walking to stand next to Rishian. She crossed her arms and turned to regard Princess Nola, then at her own ruling Princess, who was standing next to her friend.

"It's not a mine," responded Princess Nola coolly. "Come, follow me, you will see for yourselves."

"Wait, Nola," Jubilee said from her place, making her royal friend turn around to regard her. "Are you sure you want to see all that...again? I mean...you said in that letter that--"

"I have to show them," Princess Nola replied, throwing her arms about as if she had no other choice. "I am sorry for interrupting you, my friend," she added. "I haven't even taken into account your own self. You don't have to come along, but if that's the case, I can remain here with you and just call over one of the workers and have him show them what they must see."

Princess Jubilee regarded the mages, who seemed just as confused as she was.

"No," she said right away, never having in mind leaving her two mages alone. "I'll come along. Ever since you sent me that letter I've been wanting to see that which has unnerved you so much."

"Then come with me." Princess Nola invited, and she moved away.

Princess Jubilee rushed towards her friend. Rishian and Raina followed closely behind, the two mages wondering just what the heck awaited them.

The princess guided them through the site. She knew the way easily since she had been here often. The group of four crossed several mounds of deposited dirt and gravel, and they even had to climb up to one in order to continue to their destination. Rishian, Raina, and Princess Jubilee saw how effective the workers handled their job. While many appeared to be excavating all over the place, others carried dirt and rocks on wheelbarrows and even large buckets.

"If this is not a mine, I don't know what it would be called," Raina whispered back at Rishian, who was following after her.

He just replied, sure of himself. "It's a dig site, my friend."

"We're almost there," Princess Nola again led them up a large dirt and gravel mound which could have easily passed for a large hill. Once they all reached the top, she remained standing there, the chilly wind making her cloak flap. Princess Jubilee and the two mages stopped and wondered why they had stopped atop the large mound.

Princess Nola had already turned around before Rishian, who was the last one in line, had arrived the top of the mound. "Take a look down there and you'll see," she said, her voice serious. "I just...hope that you have the heart and stomach for it."

Rishian and Raina glanced at each other. Finally! Answers! They both thought.

"It's...down there?" Princess Jubilee asked from her spot, very confused and nervous and also feeling the cold chill. "The thing that's been bothering you and giving you nightmares?"

Her royal friend just nodded back at her.

Rishian wasn't one to wait around for answers, so he coughed and spoke. "May I go ahead and have a look, My Liege? Not meaning any disrespect or anything to you, Princess Jubilee, but I think it's best if I look first, that way I can always let you know whether it is alright for you to see or not."

"Yes," Princess Jubilee turned to regard him and moved aside. "Please go ahead, headmaster."

Rishian nodded at her then regarded the headmistress, who still had her arms crossed. The chilly wind continued to blow, although it surely wasn't gusting, it could just be felt terribly, and more up on the mound where they currently stood.

"Go ahead," Raina bade him and even winked at him. "I'll have a look next."

Rishian nodded at her, then he bravely walked forward towards the edge of the mound. From her spot Raina and the two princesses considered his actions. The mage reached the edge and was careful at doing so, He took a deep breath and then peeked down without much hesitation.

And Rishian suddenly shivered wildly and felt the air leaving his lungs. Even the fine peachy color of his face was lost briefly as he blanched due to the sudden shock. He swallowed saliva hard and felt Goosebumps appearing on his body. His eyes narrowed behind his glasses, his face deformed itself in sheer disbelief and horror at whatever he was contemplating.

"W-what...the..." he stammered, and he even turned over his shoulder to regard both princesses and Raina. "I-Is...t-that thing real?"

"Oh yes, as real as it looks," replied Princess Nola, who clearly noticed the mage's confusion and fright. Rishian glanced back down.

"By my uncle's beard!" he gasped. "What on earth is t-that thing?"

As his eyes focused yet again on the subject below, Rishian now understood why Princess Nola had been troubled badly. He, too, was now troubled to the very core, and he knew his dreams would possibly become nightmares for a few nights.

"What thing?" Raina nervously decided to ask, very curious about what the headmaster had laid his eyes on. Was it really something so unnerving that it had made the headmaster become somewhat afraid?

Raina didn't wait for an answer, she just rushed on over to Rishian's side. Grabbing his right shoulder with her left hand for mere protection, she peeked down below, with Rishian actually shifting in his position to grab her arm, for he feared that his colleague would faint and fall due to the shock she surely would be getting from laying eyes on the thing laying down there. Raina never complained of his hold on her, rather felt secured.

"Wahh!" The headmistress gasped, very afraid at what she saw. Her eyes had bulged with shock and she had felt countless of shivers running up her spine. With her free hand she even covered her mouth. She looked upon Rishian, who just stared at her with a similar horror-struck look upon his face. They both stared below once again, unable to keep their eyes away from the huge discovery.

"What...manner of creature is that thing?" Raina gasped. She felt her body going weak, her arms suddenly felt a little numb.

"Beats me," said Rishian. "Never seen anything like it."

"It was discovered two weeks ago by one of our patrols," Princess Nola informed just as she arrived off to Rishian's left side. Rishian and Raina glanced at her. "I was told of the news just a week ago and came to have a look. My reaction was worse than yours, I actually fainted."

"Is...is it really that bad?" Princess Jubilee asked with a shaky voice from the rear. All three turned to regard the eighteen year old princess.

"You'll be shocked at the least," said princess Nola.

"And frightened for sure," Rishian admitted. "But, I am afraid you'll have to look upon it sooner or later, My Liege, so why not now with us here?"

"I'll...have a look," Princess Jubilee bravely said as she nodded. "So long as I am held back, I tend to lose my cool so soon, I don't want to fall or something."

"I got you, My Liege," Rishian comforted and even invited her over with his left hand. Princess Jubilee headed towards them, but she stopped midway.

"Am I doing...the right thing here?"

"You'll be alright," assured Rishian with a gulp. The princess hesitated briefly, but when Princess Nola nodded at her in encouragement, she walked forward and took Rishian's outstretched hand with her own. If the three of them had looked, why couldn't she?

And Princess Jubilee bravely stared below while Rishian, and even Princess Hazel Nola, held on to her tightly. From below, the gigantic, semi dirt-covered cracked skull of some form of ancient monster stared menacingly back at her, its empty, dirt-filled sockets and opened, crooked mouth making it look real unnerving that it nearly made the princess faint in horror.

"Ahh!" the Princess gasped in shock, and she quickly withdrew her eyes and landed her face in the headmaster's chest. "Oh my...goodness! W-What is that thing?"

"I have no idea, My Princess," confessed Rishian, still unable to even realize that he was holding tightly to his beloved princess, a thing not many men would get a chance of doing. He didn't register that he was also patting her back in a comforting way, the image of the skull below was still too vivid in his own mind to think about anything else.

"But you will attempt to find out, right?" the blonde Princess pressed on. "You two are good at what you do, Jubilee said so."

"We're not historians or paleontologists," Rishian told her, and off to the right side, Raina, who was now more calmed, nodded in assistance, but she had something that she wanted to say.

"I know that already," cried Princess Nola, her tone very polite. "But I was told that sorcerers like you may know a thing or two about past events and whatnot, that is why I begged my friend here for aid since Artolia's historian died six months ago. And the paleontologists I know of, well, they currently reside in cities affected by war...Gerabellum, Solde, and Crell Monferaigne. See? That is why you were brought here."

"Hm," Rishian was thoughtful, but before he could say anything else, the Princess went on.

"My first guess when I laid eyes on that thing was that it could be related to demons, I mean you saw it, it's utterly creepy."

"And huge!" Rishian cried.

"I know, headmaster. That is why I opted to bring the best mages out here since I didn't know of any other course of action. I do want to know what that thing is!"

Rishian kept quiet, just keeping Princess Jubilee still in his arms. Raina, though, took action.

"I've done a little studying and research about demon lore before," she suddenly spoke up. She moved away from the edge, feeling as if she was done looking. She actually was, and so she rounded Rishian and the princess and came to stand in front of Princess Nola, who gave the mage her undivided attention. "But not enough to tell you what that thing down there is," Raina added before the Princess of Artolia could even get her hopes up high. "I know a little about most of the demon kinds that exist, or the servants they tend to keep. But I'll tell you now, that thing down there, whatever it is, doesn't even come close to resemble a demon. It's something else, something beyond a demon, I think."

"It's not a giant, either," Princess Nola nodded in a conceding way at the female mage. "That freaking skull is so big and wide...I wonder what size the rest of its body is!"

By now, Rishian and the Princess had agreed to get away from the edge. Princess Jubilee still felt frightened and shocked, for what she had seen was not something a Midgardian saw on a regular day. Regardless of how she felt, she let Rishian know that she would maintain her composure and her wits about her. And so the mage let go of her but kept himself close to her, just in case.

All four formed a circle above on the mound, closer to the center. It was now discussion time.

"So what now, Princess Nola?" Rishian asked.

The princess remained quiet, unable to speak, for she didn't know what plans of actions she would take. She shook her head at him, letting him know that she had nothing, that she wasn't sure what she would do. Raina, however, did speak.

"I...I think I may know someone who's got better knowledge at this kind of thing than anyone present here. There is a big problem, though."

They all regarded her.

"What do you mean?" asked Princess Nola, who had suddenly felt a ray of hope shining somewhere deep within her.

"I'm talking about an aunt of mine," she simply informed, her eyes staring at Princess Nola. "She was somewhat of an archivist before she gave up on that career. I know for sure that she was good friends with a few palaeontologists, though. She...sort of travels the land now."

Princess Jubilee regarded her royal friend with a huge smile at the sudden turn of events, though she still felt troubled within, for the image of the huge skull was still in her mind. Her friend, Princess Nola, returned the smile, but then she turned to face the headmistress right away.

"You think she might know what that thing is?" Princess Nola asked, her words ringing with hope.

"I don't know, My Liege," Raina was sincere, and she even glanced away and bit her lower lip. "But, it's the best thing we've got at the moment. If I am able to find her, she might help you out, she might know. That's better than having no help at all, right?"

"Absolutely! We must try to find her," Princess Nola said. "Anything you would need, anything I could help you out with in order for you to carry out this task, just let me know, and it shall be done."

Raina nodded and then glanced at Rishian, who glanced back at her curiously but nodded in acceptance knowing she was asking for his help.

"My friend and I will take care of it," Raina told the Princess after Rishian's confirmation. "It'll just take us some time, maybe a day or so, but if we are to search for her using magic, we will need a quiet place where we can concentrate and set up our divine circle."

"My castle is available to you," Princess Nola offered, and Raina nodded kindly at that. "There are plenty of rooms that you can use to set up whatever you need."

"We humbly thank you then, Princess Nola." Rishian bowed, so did Raina, who chirped, "Aye, we do, My Liege."

"Think nothing much of it. I think it's best if we all return to the castle now." She stared at Princess Jubilee and added. "You may stay with me as long as you want, my dear friend. Or will you be going back to Flenceberg?"

"I can wait," Princess Jubilee was quick to say. "I prefer to return with Rishian and Raina in tow, together, as we came here."

"Then you and I can try to leave these troubles behind and do other things, like sign a few treaties I've been wanting to propose to your old man, or at least discuss them."

"I'll be having a look at those," Princess Jubilee smiled heartily, knowing deep in her heart that the more she distracted herself with other stuff, the sooner she would forget about what she had seen this day. Her royal friend believed the same thing.

Soon after, with things resolved for the moment, the foursome left the high mound and returned to where the carriage awaited. Princess Nola privately issued orders to the majordomo in charge of the dig site and then hopped on the carriage, where the two mages and Princess Jubilee already were seated and waiting for her.

A few minutes later, the carriage was on its way back to Artolia City, with its four passengers oblivious to the fact that many other unseen eyes had seen the finding.

*End of Chapter*

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Chilling chapter there , I'm wondering what that thing is. I've got the image of one of twilight princess' bosses in my head from the description given.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Chilling chapter there , I'm wondering what that thing is. I've got the image of one of twilight princess' bosses in my head from the description given.

Really? What boss? Could you post a pic or something? Yeah, it was sorta chilling, and here's more on that with this next chapter. Enjoy the shortness of it because the next one is actually long like C-5.

And here's a small recount of random story stats/facts.

Princess Hazel Nola= ZD member Hazel

New sign up characters introduced thus far: 12 (Annabeth, Vatti, Foxy, Zeri, Damera, Tyson, Arkus, Veeka, Marvin, Rishian, Raina, Evelina)

Still to be introduced: 5 (Ashie, Dusana, Kirana, Tekara, Serris (and maybe a few guests from past stories) )

Art pics I am working on: Din Akera, Magatha (reworked) and Avonite.

cc6.png

Ashland, Netherrealm (12 Hours before Saga's Departure)

She usually wasn't this merry, on the contrary, Lady Beliza, the ruler of the mighty realm of Ashland, was always serious and far from smiling, specially these last weeks when inevitable war rumors had been resounding loudly within her castle walls, driving her and the entire realm's forces mad. But that day, there was reason enough for her to feel merry.

"We found him!" She joyously shouted and spun around the room in her standing position with her head staring up at the ceiling and her arms outstretched towards it, her voice echoing off the walls of her castle's magical chamber. "We have finally found him!"

The three dark female demon servants who stood close to one of the many magical windows that had been created within the room just looked at her proudly and with joyful smiles spread on their faces, for their Queen was overjoyed as never before, a rare thing to witness.

Dressed in black outfits and with hooded cloaks, the demon servants weren't missing any of their Queen's celebration, they watched her as she continued to spin in her place and laugh frantically.

Lady Beliza, who was dressed in a long dark dress with the design of a spiderweb, a dark cape at the back, and who had long dark hair falling in different sized layers and a matured yet demented look about her face, didn't care that she was shouting and laughing loudly. She knew that no one out there, be it the dark beings who resided in her dark castle and all over her realm, or the fools residing beyond her realm's boundary lines and the world above, would know what she was doing. This magical room contained many magical wards that it was as if the room simply did not exist, and this merely because Lady Beliza had always loved her privacy.

Despite her mighty happiness, Lady Beliza halted in her celebration and cleared her throat as she regarded her servants, who looked at her with overjoyed faces, their reddish eyes glimmering in the semi-dark room.

She lowered her arms down and walked towards them and said. "Leave that window as it is, my faithful ones, and dismiss all others, we have no more use for them. And leave me be, but be prudent not to inform anyone of our find. Remember that many unwanted eyes are always upon us, I wouldn't want our plans ruined."

"Yes, Lady Beliza," said one of the beautiful she-demons, the elder of the three, then they all bowed low and proceeded to do as they were told.

Lady Beliza watched as they easily handled the task given. The Dages closed the rest of the magical windows, which had been serving a purpose upon their creation. When the task was done, they bowed again to Lady Beliza.

"Well done. Be on your way now."

The dages walked away towards the exit of the room, which was an invisible door. They simply disappeared through it and were lost from Lady Beliza's sight.

When they were gone, Lady Beliza again rose her head and clenched fists towards the ceiling and shouted joyously. "Yes!! I did it! I finally did it!"

She then spun around and her dark eyes met the gruesome image of a semi-buried giant skull being shown within the magical window, with many human workers digging around it carefully.

"So that is where you fell, my mighty god!?" she spoke lowly and with a hint of sadness, pity, and also boiling anger. "Truly an unworthy tomb for one such as you."

She made her way nearer to the magical window, whose boundary lines were pinkish and resembling vivid electrical currents. Lady Beliza squinted her eyes and admired every little detail she could make out on the skull. She extended her hand, bringing it close to touching the image, but she kept it a few inches away from actually touching the magical surface.

"It will all be over soon," she whispered with much promise. "Your faithful follower has managed to find you, my Lord. It has taken me a while, the task wasn't an easy one, but I will rescue you from that disgraceful state you currently are bound to. I haven't forgotten your orders. You will rise, my lord Baldr, and you will shine once again, this time forever more."

She lowered her outstretched hand and clasped it with her other hand at waist-length and just continued to stare at the skull with her sad eyes. The leader of Ashland even began to shed tears, but she wasn't removing her eyes away from the image, not after she had been looking for her master for so long a time and had finally found him.

*End of Chapter*

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
Wow! I don't know wether to be pleased for her of scared of her.
She seems evil , and the fact the skull thing is her God probably secured it for me.

I can't get a picture of the zelda boss but I think this site's walkthrough of TP has a picture. I know it said it was a twilit fossil but I can't remember it's name , and I think it was in a place called the arbiter's grounds. I know for sure was that it was somewhere in the Gerudo desert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom