• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Asgard Legends

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Thanks Annie. ^^

Alright, well here is the intro to the next installment of the series. I don't know whether the whole series will end with this sequel, It depends how it goes.

Asgard Legends
The Dark God's Legacy

ccp.png

Three days before Saga's Departure to Midgard

In Midgard, the hour was early, in Asgard, it was late at night. The bodiless goddess rested at ease, her eyes closed tightly. Mimir had been dreaming of things from the past, pleasant things, which appeared in her mind oh so vividly. Suddenly, she felt an intrusion within her mind, a melodic yet weighty voice calling out to her. She stirred abruptly, opening her beautiful dark eyes in an instant.

You? she asked, having recognized the voice. Her dark eyes stared crazily about the crystal walled room. There was no one present there save for her own self within the magical sphere. Everything was quiet, although Mimir could hear faint sounds coming from all over the region in Valhalla.

Yes, me, replied the female's voice in her head. Why are you so surprised, Mimir? It's only been a millennia plus!

Mimir hesitated in her thoughts, her eyes blinking several times. Never mind that, I was just...surprised, that's all. And why not, why shouldn't I be? It's been a long while since I heard from you, Avonite.

Indeed. responded Avonite's voice.

What do you want?

I will not play around, Avonite responded, her voice sounding very serious. I only want what is best for all of us. You know of Hel's son, aye? You've been watching him with those hungry eyes of yours, yes?

I may know a thing or two about him,
Mimir declared, keeping her composure calm within her sphere. Yes, I have been watching, isn't that the job us Seers have to handle? Watch events, predict things, guide others, etcetera?

Avonite chuckled wherever she was in the lower world, and Mimir heard her chuckles as if she was right in front of her.

My sister and I believe there will be trouble rising in Midgard soon, Avonite confessed. Must I tell you why?

I know why Saga will be heading to Midgard, Mimir snapped, rising her calm voice a bit. I foresaw the trouble long ago. I know he's not merely going bone collecting. I don't know what kind of feelings reside in his heart...besides vengeance, of course. He's after revenge, and I don't blame him. The way his friends were slain would incite anyone to take vengeance. Although something troubles me, cousin.

What is that? came Avonite's quick response.

What magnitude will Saga's revenge be? Mimir responded solidly. That's what troubles me. Will he just take revenge upon that group of rogues, or will he let his fury rain down upon every human being residing in Midgard?

That is precisely why I finally decided to bother you, Avonite told.

Speak, I am listening.

I'll be quick about it, because I have other things to tend to. I know your job is to alert the ruler of the universe of important events and to guide him or her with wise counsel. You still haven't warned Lenneth about Saga's imminent arrival to Midgard, though, and she hasn't found out about that either. Too busy has she found herself rebuilding Asgard, that I know as fact.

That is true, no one here but I know of Saga's intent at the moment. What is your point?

The All-Mother may not take your counsel too well when you inform her of it, Avonite went on. Which you will. I know Lenneth cares deeply for the humans and other races residing in Midgard, every supreme ruler, all Lenneth's predecessors have cared. To find out that Saga will head there to cause a little mayhem with them may not suit her well.

She must know, regardless, and even if I hide it, she may find out sooner or later, anyway. So why bring trouble to my own self by keeping something that must be told?

Fine, I understand that. But know this now, let me deliver this message to you.

Do tell. Mimir waited eagerly.

Whether Saga's actions in Midgard invite you lot in to going to war with him, both my sister Hel and I will also take action. We both want you to know that if you Valhallans do anything to threaten Saga, anything at all, war will be coming to you swiftly.

In her sphere, Mimir felt uneasy at that, and Avonite knew that, for somewhere down in Netherrealm she was also watching her through a created magical window. Mimir concentrated harder with her thoughts and was able to find Avonite in the place where she currently was. She found her within a dark cavern which was kept lit by torches on the walls.

Remember that I am one of the gate keepers to Asgard,
Avonite went on, knowing Mimir was definitely feeling troubled. And I won't hesitate to open that ancient portal and send our hordes against Asgard should I feel Saga is threatened in any minor way.

Are you threatening me? Nay, correction, Avonite. Are you threatening Asgard?

Don't jumble yourself with my words, you know my words are nothing more than a wise warning, cousin, Avonite responded, her voice still solid. We will be watching, that is all, for as you may also know, or not know, there's trouble brewing in the north. Our cousin has been on the move in secret.

Beliza?

Yes, her. Have you been blind to her actions lately?

I know what she and her allies are after, Mimir lowly said, as if she had not wanted to share the information with Avonite. They haven't found anything, and I doubt they will, so there is no need to worry.

Regardless, they also have our attention, mine specially. I've been keeping an eye on them since a few years back when I learned of their little plot. If they find what they are after, then you might as well prepare for an all out war. Start thinking extremely well whose side Asgard will take if this comes to happen.

Mimir was startled within her sphere.

You've been warned about that too. Like I said, we will be watching. I take my leave, for I have urgent matters to tend to.

Wait! Mimir shouted in her telepathic voice.

What now? Be quick about it.

Just what is Hel playing at?

In the Netherrealm within her ancient home, that spacious cavern that had been her precious home for centuries, Medusa became confused for several seconds, and she regarded Mimir's face through the magical window.

And you mean what by that? Hel has done nothing to warrant such a question from you, from anyone, really. She protects what she loves, nothing more. And now I do too.

Don't play dumb with me, cousin. I saw everything that went on down there these recent years.

You witnessed Saga's rise to power, that was unpreventable.

Perhaps, but I am not talking about him nor his noble actions, as many down there consider that. I am actually talking of events before that.

Such as? Avonite wondered, and she swayed her torso lively as she relaxed her womanly figure above her coiled serpentine body.

You thought you had answers to the same dilemma I've always had. Mimir responded. You thought you knew who Saga's father was. You were proved wrong, remember?

Ah, so Saga's past has also been of interest to you? To what extent, if I may ask?

The same as yours, really. You thought you knew who his father was, and yet Hel shocked you by revealing to you that Baldr was not his father. I was surprised too, for as you know, ever since Hel conceived in Niflheim, we've all been wondering within ourselves who the child's father is. That is still an unsolved mystery.

There are many possibilities to that, Avonite responded, her voice serene. You know many gods had feelings for Hel back then, she could have taken someone that we don't know about, perhaps even an Arkangelus. I was wrong to assume who Saga's father was, for that, I now have pledged my allegiance to my sister. Who knows, maybe one day she will be kind enough to let me know of her own accord, for now I won't give that matter much thought.

Hel has kept her secret well kept, Mimir went on to say. I applaud that. Not even you nor I know Saga's true identity, or who his father was. If only he were to remove that mask and show his face...that would probably clear this mystery and let us know who his father was.

Or is, reminded Avonite. For all we may know, Saga's father could still be alive. Many gods from our generation remain alive.

Mimir blinked several times and remained thoughtful, for Avonite spoke with truthful words.

And yet, the one I thought as being a possibility to be Saga's father died at the hands of a lunatic.

Odin? Avonite was startled, and she remained very thoughtful. She then cleared her throat and added lowly. You thought Odin was Saga's father?

That was my blind guess, nothing more. Mimir sighed. But alas, we will never know, that is, until Hel reveals it.

Indeed.

A long pause ensued, with neither Seer able to say anything, for the two of them remained thoughtful on that; on when Hel would actually reveal who her son's father really was.

I've delayed more than I should, Avonite told. I must go. Remember the warnings I have been kind enough to relay. We will look out for our precious child and defend him with all at our disposal should he be assaulted, nothing more. Tartakus is not your enemy, unless you act foolishly and make us your enemies. Have a good night, Mimir, and sorry for disrupting your precious dreams.

Mimir felt how Avonite's intrusion, her telepathic connection, began to leave her. Seconds later, the bodiless beautiful head was left with so many troubling thoughts.

*End of Prelude*

Last edited by a moderator:

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
AAAwesome chapter, Ao ^^ So many more questions, and many more things that will play a big factor in the future! This chapter was very informative ^^ Can't wait for the next :) I found one small, minor mistake ;)

What magnitude will Saga's revenge be? Mimir responded solidly. That's what troubles me. Will he just take revenge upon that group of rogues, or will he let his fury rain down upon every human being residing in Midgard?

That bold area should be in italics ;) Nothing much ^^

And something else which may be a mistake:

Whether Saga's actions in Midgard invite you lot in to going to war with him, both my sister Hel and I will also take action. We both want you to know that if you Valhallans do anything to threaten Saga, anything at all, war will be coming to you swiftly.

I dunno what's supposed to go there :P

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Great prelude!:clap: Can't wait for the first chapter!^^

Wait no more, here it is, and sorry, it's sorta long but I didn't want to post it in two parts, so just read it at your own pace.

I just read... the entire epilouge... wow...

It was really good, Ats. I'm just not gonna read the next prolouge yet. I need some time to think about how awesome it was.

Btw, I've tried to comment on your profile before, but for some reason it won't let me.
I left a message in your profile. ;) And thanks for having read the Epilogue. Take your time and start reading the next story whenever you feel like it, Caeda. ;)

--I'll be adding character art as the characters are introduced. Next is the intro of Zeri. (Linknerd's character) Other characters will be introduced alone or in groups.

And because several new peeps have joined the series, I will make a brief summary of what happened in the first story so they can be up to speed. I'll be working on that and art for Annabeth/Vatti/Foxy and maybe others. ;)

Map of Midgard: Midgard

cc1.png

Two days before Saga's Departure to Midgard​

To have witnessed the brutal death of the two demons nearly a month ago had really stung her deeply and had robbed the young woman of her tranquility and honor.

Zeri Sensia, as the twenty year old girl was called, had been forced to watch the killings when the leader of the Enkissen rogues had called for the latest recruits to have joined the group to do their dirty part in order to be seen as official Enkissen rogues. The leader of the group admitted into the band just about anyone who had the guts to kill. Zeri and two other recruits had bought their way in by doing just that, by having killed two demons the group had run into. Luckily for Zeri, she did not participate in the killings, as when the trio had flipped coins to determine who would do the killing, her coin had landed tails, while the other two coins had landed heads. She had bought her way into the band without having to kill, but she had been standing there front row, and she had been forced to see the whole act.

As she laid on her bedroll this night and staring up at the brightly stars with teary eyes, Zeri kept cursing herself silently over and over again at the same time that she asked the gods above to forgive her, even if she hadn't done any of the killing. It had been such a horrible experience to witness, regardless, and Zeri felt as if she had actually taken the demon's lives herself.

How stupid had she been to join this band of rogues in the first place, she reminded herself miserably and wept silently. She had only done so because her life recently had been a total wreck and she had not known what to do, or where to go, or which decision to actually make.

Zeri was no ordinary young human woman, she was also part elf, and she resembled it. She was thin and tall, although four inches shy of reaching six feet. She had a curvy body and a beautiful thin face, with long elven ears and silvery eyes to go with it. Her skin was a medium tan and her hair was dark and long and fell at her back like a black silky curtain. She dressed in the style of one of the southern Wakokun clans, which were known in all of Midgard as Ninjas. She had taken after this dressing style from her father, who had been a human Yamato born in the southwest realm of Wakoku. Zeri had dressed a little different than an actual ninja, though, she often wore a white bandana, short, tight dresses and leggings instead of the complete dark ninja garb that her father had so much wore during his life. One thing was for certain, though: she always carried her ninja stars within a mercenary satchel that she kept at her right hip.

After what she had experienced those weeks ago, she really felt as if she had to kill herself. She knew she had failed everyone who had counted on her in the past, her deceased father specially, who had taught her the ways of living a good life.

Even though she'd put the tip of a dagger against her chest countless of times in the days that had followed the killings, the young maiden had not found the courage to end her miserable life. Deep in her mind she knew she had not killed the demons, and so that is basically what had kept her from doing that. But then there was still the painful issue which had made her run away from the elven tribe she had belonged to. She had dishonored the tribe when she had been caught tending a human male's wounds one day. Humans and Elves were not enemies, but they were not allies either, the two races tended to mind their own business. Zeri, who had gone to the forest to hunt, had gone a little too far out and had come upon the wounded man. She had known of the Tribe rules all along, but she couldn't just leave the injured man laying there bleeding to death, so she had helped him, but had been caught in the act. The elves who had caught her had killed the man for having trespassed into Elven territory and had taken Zeri back to the tribe, her hands tied up in front of her.

Zeri's mother, who had taken her daughter to the tribe when she had been but thirteen years old, had been angered and so disappointed at her foolish act that she had no choice but to ask the Elven Queen to ban Zeri from the tribe. Zeri, who had not waited for a decision to be made regarding her actions, had simply run away on a rainy night three months ago, just to avoid dishonoring her family surname further. Having left the tribe had hurt her too much.

The fire beside her crackled loudly and kept her warm on that breezy night of October. It also made her snap back to reality, for Zeri had been remembering the past.

Not too far from where she had set up her bedroll, Zeri heard the laughs and the joking coming from the rest of the group, save for the leader and two other top ranked members who were not present, for they had gone to the city of Artolia. The group had set up camp some twenty miles southwest from the large capital city.

Ten members they were overall that night, including Zeri, most of them being adult men over the age of thirty. There were two human women as well, the both of them having been beautiful and kind in the past, but perhaps now being nothing more than ignoble, wicked rogues.

"She's young, give her time, Galo," laughed one of the females, after Galo had mentioned that Zeri was soft and a big coward, and this even when she had merely observed the other two recruits as they had gone on to kill the demons.

Zeri had gulped hard when she had heard the stingy words of the man, believing that he only had spoken with the truth. Zeri believed she now was just that: a gutless coward, one of them. That is why she had merely remained lying on her bedroll, unable to reply to that or take action in some other way.

"Bah! But it was only a pair of worthless devils," snorted Galo, who was a thirty eight year old man dressed in fine mercenary gear and with a five-o-clock shadow on his face and messy, short brown hair. "Nothing to be ashamed of, that lass is taking it too hard on herself, and she didn't even do any of the killing. You, on the other hand, Saskia, gutted a man on your initiation day! Hahaha! Now there's something to be proud of, eh!?" And the man pat the dark haired woman on the shoulders, for she was sitting right next to him around another fire they had going.

Saskia Zeeron was taken back to that time, two years ago, actually, when she had been forced to show her worth to the rogues. The image was still there in her mind, very clear, as if it had happened just minutes ago. Saskia felt a tingle of guilt crossing her mind, but then that thought quickly became impassive, and she merely brought the bottle of booze up to her lips and took a long swig.

Over the time she had spent with the group, the liquor had helped a bit to suppress the guilt, but the feeling would never go away, it was always deep in her conscious accusing her, reminding her of what she had done. Besides the heavy guilty feeling, Saskia had often awaken in sweat during the nights. The victims she had killed would show up in her dreams and turn them into nightmares.

She took a quick glance over to where Zeri laid with a thick cover on her, the top part of her head only visible to the rogue woman. How she pitied and envied her.

Saskia then turned to regard the other two recruits, who were both males. They were busy talking with the other members and laughing at a joke one of them had told. Apparently they didn't feel as bad as Zeri did. That molested Saskia quite a bit.

Zeri did not know when she lost consciousness that night, the laughs and jokes coming from the members of the group literally made her fall asleep.

But she was suddenly awaken, and though she would have shouted in her confusion, she could not, and only because a hand was covering her mouth.

She noticed that it was Saskia staring at her with her soft, yet hardened brown eyes. "Shh, lass," she told her with a very low whisper. "I'm not going to hurt you, remain calm."

Zeri nodded, feeling the weight of Saskia's other arm on her torso, which the woman had used to keep her lying down.

Saskia removed that arm and forced Zeri to sit up, then she slowly removed her hand from her mouth, believing the young maiden would keep quiet. Zeri did just that, although she was scared.

"What is going on?" Zeri asked Saskia, feeling surprised at her sudden awakening.

"You're leaving!" Saskia simply replied, and she glanced about the camp. The fires were still lit and keeping everyone warm, but the rest of the members were snoring in their tired sleep and drunkenness. Saskia's turn to keep watch had come thirty minutes ago, and she had decided to act before she would be relieved three hours later.

"W-What?" Zeri was puzzled. "What do you mean, Saskia?"

"Shh! You're too noble for this kind of dirty stuff," Saskia whispered as she got to her feet, for she had actually stooped in order to wake the young gal up. "You will run away and abstain from falling into the hands of people like us."

"B-But...Once you join you can't..." Zeri also was up on her feet, still pretty much startled.

"Shh," Saskia hushed, believing Zeri was actually talking too loud, but she wasn't, it was just the woman's tension that made her think that. Saskia glanced about nervously again as she took Zeri for a walk far from the camp. The members slept on, as if they had been knocked out minutes ago. "That's a big lie, a warning that's suppose to frighten you and keep you from running away."

"Why are you doing this?" Zeri asked.

"I simply don't want you ending up like I did, lass," Saskia added lowly as she rummaged within her waist satchel once they both stood some ten feet away from where Zeri had been sleeping. "Here, this ought to help you get back on your feet. Go, and never look back. There is a horse waiting for you over there, I took the liberty to add a few supplies, so you are good. Go, and ride fast and away from here!"

And Saskia nodded at her when the lass took in her hand what she had given her. It was a small brown sack filled with gems, no doubt, Zeri knew just by feeling the sack in her hand.

For a few seconds Zeri just stood there, unable to fathom what was going on. She stared back at the camp, wondering what would come to happen if she left. "But I...What will happen with you?"

"I will be fine," Saskia assured and was even able to give her a wink. "I will be, trust me, I'll just say that you knocked me out and ran away." And she touched the young maiden's cheek in a caressing, maternal way. "You are brave and made a wrong decision back then by having joined us, but you cannot remain here and become what I have become, I am not allowing that. Promise me that my intervention this night will not go to waste, Zeri. Promise me that you will do good and look for a better way of living, the life I wasn't able to have due to my cowardly ways back then. I may be bound for hell but I won't have you follow in my footsteps."

The two women stared at each other for a few seconds. Zeri then looked off to the side and blew out air lowly.

"Fine," she said, having made her mind then. She knew what trouble Saskia had gone to just to help her out this night. "But before I go, can you answer me a quick question that's been bugging me ever since I came to meet you and Brecken."

Brecken was the name of the other rogue woman. She slept soundly twenty feet away, a bottle of whiskey cradled within her right arm.

Saskia thought they were wasting time. She turned to regard the camp, her partners appeared to be sleeping soundly, but she feared they would suddenly wake up any moment. She turned back to face Zeri, who had been staring at Brecken.

"Alright, make it quick. What is it?"

Zeri pocketed the gem sack within her own satchel and turned her attention to Saskia.

"Why did you join this band in the first place? You seem like a very kind woman..."

Somehow Saskia had suspected that the young maiden would ask her just that. She rubbed her nose nervously and even showed an embarrassed face, one she was not able to keep in front of the young half-human-half-elf girl. Saskia turned aside and was then able to hear the sound produced by the many nocturnal creatures, specially the singing of crickets.

"I-I was thirty when I joined two years ago," she related. "It's a long story, but all you have to know is that I lost my precious daughter to an earthquake when all hell came to happen here on earth. I became a miserable hag and fell victim to drinking. Then, one night at the bar I met Galo, he was the one who recruited me. I was torn back then about my daughter, and still am to this day." Her eyes were now showing gentle tears, and she sighed and stared up at the starry sky. In front of her, Zeri felt stupid for having asked, she knew she had pained the woman by having made her relive her past.

"God," Saskia went on, still staring at the sky. "I was just a coward...I never was able to deal with the loss of my little girl." She turned to regard Zeri and added. "She was just two, Zeri, she wasn't supposed to have died."

"I'm sorry for your loss," Zeri spoke and meant it, and Saskia understood that and nodded, licking her lips in the process.

"After the burial of my daughter, I soon joined the band thinking there was nothing else left for me to do with my life, so I...basically threw it all away. I could have probably helped my village rebuild...but I was so stricken back then, I made a bad choice."

Saskia wiped her tears off and wheezed lowly. "That's my story, Zeri. I haven't asked you yours, but I wish not to know it. I am sure you have lots to tell me, but we don't have the time. Who hasn't suffered eh? Who hasn't lost someone dear to them? You are still young and can find a better way...find something better than this in this miserable world. You don't belong here, and you know it!"

Zeri gulped, and she felt so torn inside, particularly because Saskia's tale had saddened her deeply, more so than she had felt when she learned that she would be getting banned from the tribe. Zeri begin to think about her mother then, about how she had dared to disobey the main tribe rules by helping that wounded man. She had been caught and now was paying for her mistake, although she hardly still believed it was a mistake, she had only done what to her was right.

"Go!" Saskia smiled lightly at her, snapping Zeri back to reality. She then regarded the other members. Still they slept comfortably, but Brecken did cough roughly but remained in her place and holding the bottle tight. "Come on, before it's too late. I've done all I can."

Zeri simply took a step forward and hugged her. "Thank you," she said with a heavy heart. "J-Just thank you."

"Fare thee well," Saskia pat her shoulder. "And may you find the road that was lost to me."

Zeri did not know what to say to that, but she separated from the woman and nodded sweetly at her.

"Be careful wherever you go," Saskia warned. "You've heard of the rumors flying about. Demons are said to be coming to this world in hordes soon. I don't know whether those rumors are true, nor whether that's because of the two we killed or not. To be honest," there was a slight tremble in her tough voice. "there was already such talk about that even before we came to find those two."

Zeri nodded at her, for Saskia indeed was right. Zeri, when she had still been in the tribe, had heard rumors about demons operating far away in the northeast near a place called Dipan. If that was true no one knew, thus they remained just rumors, and no kingdom was making an effort to go check out the rumors, mainly because the place where the city of Dipan had once stood was said to be infested with abnormal activity.

"I'll tell you something that's bugging my mind, though," Saskia went on to say as she crossed her arms, for the breeze was cold and had chilled her. "This world has gone to hell ever since those destructive events hit us. Everyone thought it was our end. I believed...it was the end of the world. We survived, by god's grace we did, and now we have the rumors of demons coming to invade us...where is all this madness going to end? I don't know, but I suspect this world is not ours to control anymore, those catastrophic events changed everything. I fear that the gods and their counterparts are actually at war, there's just something odd in the air that tells me that. Soon, Zeri, I believe we will just be in the way of things..."

Zeri gulped hard. She believed Saskia was right, though, that demons would be taking over this world in the near future. That talk had also been rumored within the elf Tribe she belonged to. To make matters worse, Zeri had witnessed the death of two of the demon creatures recently, creatures she had never seen before. Had that only been the beginning of the demons' arrival to the world? Would more of them show up sooner or later? Were the other demons really going to come to avenge their fallen kin?

She did not know that, but in her troubled mind she hoped that was not the case.

"If there surely will be retribution upon us for our acts against the demons, you won't be having to pay for that, you didn't do anything to deserve punishment."

Zeri now saw that the woman really cared for her, even if she was just a rogue, a killer.

"I will be wary of where I go," Zeri said weakly. "I may just have to return to where I belong."

"Wherever that may be, I am sure it is far better than here," Saskia said, and she spat aside. "Keep away from heading south, Zeri, the war is going bad down there with the Wakokuns and the Gerabellums, I heard."

"I know," Zeri's voice sounded sad. "It's time I return home, or close to it at least."

"Yes, Zeri. Go now, we've delayed much."

"Again, thank you, Saskia," Zeri said, feeling that her time with the rogue woman was coming to an end. "I'll go as you want me to go, but I do hold hope in my heart that one day you find your way back to that straight path you lost a sight of. Take care, I will never forget what you have done for me this night."

"And knowing that I have helped you out will surely make my troubled life a little better, lass," Saskia told.

"If you ever change your ways," said Zeri. "If you ever want to leave this dark road and want to find a new one...go to Thakus. That is where my home is...we may just see each other again."

"I don't know what's going to happen with me, Zeri. I took a decision long ago that I now find hard to let go of.
I've done too much damage to myself, and I have taken too many lives. I surely am a mess, but I will be thinking about your proposal. For now, you should go. Ride hard and away from here, and may the gods watch over you, lass. I will be praying for your safety."

Zeri nodded at her with a very warm smile, then she left, careful not to make much noise. In the distance, she turned back again and saw Saskia Zeeron still staring at her. The mature woman gave her a nod and held a smile, but the youngster did not notice it, for Saskia's form was now more shadowy than visible.

Zeri felt her heart warm up to the sight of the woman. She nodded in thanks to her once again and then turned around, knowing she had to get to the horse. She did, and minutes later, with tears streaming down her cheeks, she was riding to the southeast to where her home awaited.

*End of Chapter*

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
It's a very interesting and sorrowful chapter. I luv all the structure you have put in this chapter ans the prologue. Great story, Angel.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Wow, Ao, fantastic chapter! There was so much details! Wonderful! I loved how you deeply told us about the character's personalities. I just wanted to point 2 things out ;)

Ten members they were overall that night, including Zeri, most of them being adult man over the age of thirty. There were two human women as well, the both of them having been beautiful and kind in the past, but perhaps now being nothing more than ignoble, wicked rogues, and sex slaves for several of the top ranked members.

Should be men ;)

And something that didn't make sense to me...

"I don't know what's going to happen with me, Zeri. I've made a decision long ago that I now find hard to let go of. I've done too much damage to myself, and I have taken life. I surely am a mess, but I will be thinking about your proposal. For now, you should go. Ride hard and away from here, and may the gods watch over you, lass. I will be praying for your safety."

I understand what you said, and it may be right, but I think it'll be better if it's "I have taken many lives"

I have caught up. ;) The new story is going really well. You're improving on your mistakes tremendously (not that they were ever bad to begin with). I only caught one

Atsuma said:
Ten members they were overall that night, including Zeri, most of them being adult men over the age of thirty. There were two human women as well, the both of them having been beautiful and kind in the past, but perhaps now being nothing more than ignoble, wicked rogues, and sex slaves for several of the top ranked members.

In the chapter, the word "men" is in red font. I'm not sure if that was an accident or used to indicate that you fixed a mistake there.

Great work, Ats. ^^

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Good chapter.

So, anyway, I don't have enough time and motivation to read the first story, so, I'll follow this one, but won't read the first one. So, if there's any important plot points that I don't know about, let me know. ;)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Finally! I read it! I know it took me a while but now I read it.^^ Ooh, I can't wait till the next chapter!:D

EDIT: I forgot to say how amazingly awesome that chapter was!:clap: This chapter is going in my top three.:cool:

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It's a very interesting and sorrowful chapter. I luv all the structure you have put in this chapter ans the prologue. Great story, Angel.

I'm glad you liked it. Zeri will disappear for a while, which means she won't be appearing for at least two to three chapters, as I have to introduce the other characters, so if you don't see or hear about her, don't feel bad, she'll definitely appear later, she's got much story left to be told.

Nice, it's looking good so far, i'll wait and see what happens next.

Okay, well wait no more, here's a new update, with Tyson added. :P Thanks for the support btw.

Wow, Ao, fantastic chapter! There was so much details! Wonderful! I loved how you deeply told us about the character's personalities. I just wanted to point 2 things out ;)

Should be men ;)

And something that didn't make sense to me...

I understand what you said, and it may be right, but I think it'll be better if it's "I have taken many lives"

I corrected the mistakes, Annie. Thank you, you're always such good help. ;)

I have caught up. ;) The new story is going really well. You're improving on your mistakes tremendously (not that they were ever bad to begin with). I only caught one

In the chapter, the word "men" is in red font. I'm not sure if that was an accident or used to indicate that you fixed a mistake there.

Great work, Ats. ^^

Thank you for catching up, pest. ^^ Yes, that was a mistake. I typed man when it should have been men. That is why I put it in red, to show that it was corrected. New update, with Damera introduced, along with many others. :lol:

Poor Zeri... [:(]

This is turning into a really good story. Keep it up, oh great one.

Thank you. You peeps are what make it great with your support. I kindly appreciate that. ^^

Good chapter.

So, anyway, I don't have enough time and motivation to read the first story, so, I'll follow this one, but won't read the first one. So, if there's any important plot points that I don't know about, let me know. ;)

I would recommend reading the first one. But all you need to know is: Saga has come to the world of men: Midgard. Don't worry too much about the past story, I will probably mention important stuff about it via the characters anyway. And I hope you like Arkus' art pic. :cool:

Finally! I read it! I know it took me a while but now I read it.^^ Ooh, I can't wait till the next chapter!:D

EDIT: I forgot to say how amazingly awesome that chapter was!:clap: This chapter is going in my top three.:cool:

Wow, really? Your top three? Which ones are they? I am curious to know because I have three special chapters that I love. Anyway, thanks for catching up, thanks for reading, the Great One surely appreciates that. ^^ And here's the newest update. Nothing too big, but it introduces around five characters.

Btw, if you haven't picked it up yet, I am trying to paint this story a little darker, gloomier, and with a feeling of despondency.

cc2.png

1 day before Saga's departure to Midgard

Coriander Village, 2:36 PM

The three young man exchanged curious glances after the woman displayed another rough coughing attack in front of them. It was getting worse, they all knew.

"Madam," said one of them, the leader of the group, and he made a start to go to her, but the woman rose her hand in a signal to let him know that she was alright.

The woman was thirty five years old. She seemed young for her age, though, just like she had been during her mid twenties. Veeka Ashad was her name. She was not a tall figure, she was just five-eight. She was slender in body, had long, dark blonde hair, and grayish, tired eyes. On her head she wore a spiked helmet, and her torso was covered with a piece of steel armor.

"I'm fine, young one," Veeka said as she removed her spiked helmet, which she put on a long wooden table that was set in the middle of the room just behind her.

Damera shook his head almost immediately. "No, I am afraid I will have to disagree here, madam. You look very ill, right guys?"

His two friends, who were mercenaries like him, nodded right away.

Damera then turned to regard another figure who was in the living room among with them and Veeka. It was Veeka's brother. "Marvin, you should consider taking her to see a specialist as soon as possible, man, I don't like how she's looking at all."

"I would," said Marvin, his voice low and with a hint of embarrassment. "But I am afraid we gave all our gems to you those two weeks ago. I'll have to go look for a job if..."

The blonde, slim-bodied man hadn't even begin to finish his phrase when Damera walked up to him while holding a small brown sack in his hand. "Here you go, this is what we took from you two weeks ago. Get her attended as soon as possible."

Marvin hesitated, but he did reach for the sack. Damera let go of the gem sack and backed away with a smile, and Marvin, with a confused look in his face, stared over at Veeka, wondering whether he had done good taking the gems back.

"No way, young one," Veeka, who really was not herself, protested from where she stood. Her beautiful mature face seemed pale, and that only made her look worse. "Keep the gems, you and your friends surely have earned them. Marv, give them back, dang it."

"But..." Damera said, staring at the kind woman with sad, worried eyes. "The search was a total failure, madam. You hired and paid us to find your daughter and your niece. We failed to deliver, so I give you and your brother your gems back. It's a policy I follow."

"No," Veeka shook her head, and she even walked up to Marvin and took the sack from him. She then put the gem sack back on Damera's hand, which she forced up with her left hand. "You tried searching for them along with us," she added, her words ringing with gratitude. "which means you have earned your pay. Besides, that's not even enough to hire a mercenary from Villnore, you three were really kind to help us out back then."

"I'm disappointed at our results," Damera confessed with a heavy voice, his eyes staring at the wooden floor. "We couldn't find your beloved daughter and niece, madam, and what's more, we may be the reason why you suddenly turned ill. "

"Don't blame yourself, young lad," Veeka shook her head, walking back towards her brother, where she turned around and regarded the trio of young mercenaries. "I'll be fine soon enough."

Her lungs felt as if they were on fire, so did her nose, and her body ached as if she had been beaten up by the whole village. But Veeka had always been a strong, enduring woman, she never mentioned that to them. She knew it had been her own fault that she was ill now. Something had happened to her back in that dark cave she'd gone to investigate by herself that week ago. As she stood regarding Damera, who definitely seemed worried at her condition, Veeka did not know what had happened to her in that cave, but she couldn't blame Damera nor his two friends for it, they all, including Marvin, had warned her that they had checked the cave out. But Veeka, who desperately wanted to find her daughter and niece ever since they had disappeared eight months ago, had gone to search the deep cave again. When she had come back out, she seemed normal enough, but very soon she began to feel ill, in fact, she had begun to feel odd just as soon as she had come out of the cave. Her sickness is what mainly had disrupted their search and brought them back to their village.

"So there is nothing I can do or say to make you keep the gems, madam?" Damera asked, hopeful that Veeka would reconsider and take the gems. She shook her head slowly at him, and she smiled widely.

"I'm afraid not, young pup. Thank you, you've done enough for us," Veeka thanked, but then suddenly she begin coughing again, although she quickly turned to her right side and covered her mouth. Marvin, Damera, and the two other lads watched as she fought to suppress the illness yet again. When Veeka turned to regard the lads again, her eyes were teary. "You three better get going, before I pass this illness on to you."

Damera stared about the room briefly, then over at Veeka and finally at Marvin. "Alright," he nodded once, his voice saddened just to let Veeka and Marvin know that he and his friends would leave, but not happy. "We'll be on our way. I'm sorry we couldn't help you out in this dark time of need, madam."

Veeka went to him showing a kind smile. "We looked and found nothing," she said, patting Damera on the shoulder once. "Perhaps my sister will come back to us with better results. Don't blame yourselves for the results we obtained." And Veeka glanced at the other two young lads, whose names she knew by heart, for on the day she had met them two weeks ago, the names had stuck.

She escorted the three mercenaries out of her small, yet cozy home. Once Damera and his two friends were outside, Damera turned around and asked Veeka one more time. "Are you sure you don't want to take the gems, madam? You have more need for them at the moment than we do."

"You're such an angel," Veeka smiled at him. "But I've made up my mind. Thank you so much for your help. If you ever come by here again, you know this is your home."

"I will be praying for your well being, madam Veeka," Damera bowed. "And for the well being of your daughter and niece, may you find them soon enough."

Veeka, reminded of her great loss, paled a bit, and her battered spirit felt as if she could not take more pain. She gulped, unable to keep from doing so, and she merely nodded at the young mercenary whilst holding a kind smile. Then, to add to Damera's sadness, the door closed slowly.

With his heart feeling heavy as were his spirits, he sighed heavily, feeling so frustrated at what was going on. But then, Damera turned around and faced his two companions, pocketing the gem sack back in the satchel that he wore at the side.

"What now?" asked one of them, a lad with messy brownish hair who was named Tyson.

"Yeah, what now, Dam?" asked the other, who was a slender lad dressed in black garments and with mohawked-long blonde hair. This one was named Arkus. The two were childhood friends of Damera.

"Let's go south," Damera simply said, an idea popping up in his head. "We'll see what I come up with while heading down there."

"To Villnore then?" Tyson asked, who brought his right hand up to scratch his right eyebrow. Damera simply nodded and began walking away, too lost in his thoughts to even say yes. Tyson wondered what was up with him but said nothing.

"I could use a drink," said Arkus, who went after him. Tyson, the more heavily outfitted of the three, caught up almost right away. They reached the four-wheeled wagon that they used for traveling around. The wagon was made up of old planks that needed to be replaced in the future. Perhaps the wagon was old, but it was pulled by two strong dark horses, both belonging to Damera.

The leader of the group glanced back over his shoulder to Veeka's house, then, with a plan in mind, he hopped on the back of the wagon, as did Tyson soon after, who was helped up by Damera. It was Arkus' turn to handle the team of horses, so, without protesting too much about it, he climbed up to the front of the wagon, took the reins, and got the horses to pull the wagon with a loud. "Heyaah!"

Soon they were on their way back to Villnore, the city where all three of them had been born.

*End of Chapter*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom