• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Are you gonna get TPHD?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
If the game is just upgraded textures, I'd only buy it if it were for a reduced price. $40 is the maximum I would spend, and that would be if it came in a fancy box with a poster or something. If they added a bunch of new features and made it full price, then I would want to do some reading about the changes. Remakes make me wary, so unless they add something interesting and new to it (like the Pokewalker and Pokemon that follow you in the HeartGold/SoulSilver remakes) I probably won't buy it again for full price. It isn't even close to being one of my favorite Zelda games, and a few new minigames or Master mode of it will not make me like it any more than I already do.

I will most definitely be picking up the bundle as soon as possible after the launch. TP marks my last nostalgic experience with the series, and I'm looking forward to playing it to 100% completion like I did with the Gamecube version back in the day. Whether or not they were lazy with the remaster has little bearing on my eventually decision - I'm disappointed with what I've seen so far, but I'm not going to pass up the opportunity to play one of my favorite games in at least some sort of HD format.

Knowing Nintendo and what Aonuma's vision for the series is, this could very well be the last time they ever touch this game or decide to revert back to what it brought by continuing OoT's excellent design mechanics and art direction. Even if it's sub-par, it's better than nothing. But this is the absolute last time the Zelda series will ever get away with something like this from me, as my nostalgia ends right here.

I sure as hell will never buy a SSHD or something like that, even if they pull a WWHD on it and pour their hearts and souls into it. I'm not going to be played for a fool again and lap up whatever garbage they decide to offer me because they think it's a "good direction" for the series. I'll vote with my wallet and say "No, I'm not going to give you $60 for SS again no matter how many millions you spend on remaking it because the game sucks and I don't like it".

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Yes, even though I tracked down a GC copy of the game and paid an insane amount for it and therefore have an alternative to the wii control scheme, I'm excited to see how this version will play. I was extremely happy with WWHD in their implementation and use of the Gamepad controller with maps usage, item switching, and so forth, so I'm hoping to see them do something like that with this one as well. I'm not really into the amiibo scene, but that one looks pretty cool, so I don't mind getting it and if it has proper usage, then I might even splurge on some of the other Zelda amiibos, who knows. That's more of a maybe, though. The main thing for me is to see better details in the graphics and see how it implements the gamepad for the game.

Yes, even though I tracked down a GC copy of the game and paid an insane amount for it and therefore have an alternative to the wii control scheme, I'm excited to see how this version will play. I was extremely happy with WWHD in their implementation and use of the Gamepad controller with maps usage, item switching, and so forth, so I'm hoping to see them do something like that with this one as well. I'm not really into the amiibo scene, but that one looks pretty cool, so I don't mind getting it and if it has proper usage, then I might even splurge on some of the other Zelda amiibos, who knows. That's more of a maybe, though. The main thing for me is to see better details in the graphics and see how it implements the gamepad for the game.
The other great thing about TPHD is that it's on the WiiU. Yet another Zelda game on the WiiU. So there's no more console switching if you want to play TP . . . or at the very least no more need to boot into Wii modeto play TP Wii. We will have a 1080p TP for our 1080p televiesions.

After TP (and PH/ST released recently) onle of the only Zelda games we can't play natively on the WiiU (disc or VC) is SS. We have to boot up the Wii mode for SS. This I say will ahve to be rectified as there is no guarantee that the Wii mode will be on the NX. The NX might remove the ability to play games. . . but the Wii games on the WiiU VC make me wonder how Nintendo will handle them on the NX. I really don't know how Nintento will deal with it.

I doubt this Midna amiibo wil have "proper" usage. Amiibo just don't do anything revolutionary. In a way this is a good thing though. I would hate core content being locked in a game behind amiibo walls. I can see the Midna costume being cosmetic things in TP only . . . but if the game is not available stand alone ever for sale, that could change things a lot. Nintendo don't really care for the 2nd hand market where people keep the amiibo but sell the game. Nintendo is glad the interest is so high in their games (that the good ones) sell for high prices on the 2nd hand market. But that's as far as Nintendo go there.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Honestly, when they first revealed it, I screamed out of excitement. I love Twilight Princess and I really hope they add new features, like new sidequests or orchestrating the tracks. So, I would love to get it just to see if they jump at the opportunities to expand the world, more than they did with OoT 3D.

I screamed too. In horror. As soon as I realised that the graphics were not just a comparison of the old game so they can show us the upgraded version, when they turned out to be the actual game.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
No, seriously no. For starters, $60,- means a lot more in euros over here as they made it a habit to keep the price up way more than it should be. Second of all, I'm not interested in a stupid amiibo to buy an expensive set. Heck, I might be the only one who doesn't really care for amiibos or amiibo's or how you spell that damn thing. Just show me big improvements and not just a bit of a clean up. I could wear sunglasses while I play and then I have a clean up too.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No, seriously no. For starters, $60,- means a lot more in euros over here as they made it a habit to keep the price up way more than it should be. Second of all, I'm not interested in a stupid amiibo to buy an expensive set. Heck, I might be the only one who doesn't really care for amiibos or amiibo's or how you spell that damn thing. Just show me big improvements and not just a bit of a clean up. I could wear sunglasses while I play and then I have a clean up too.

You are not the only one who doesn't care about amiibo's. I think they are just a scam and I don't see the value they can bring to gaming.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I really don't know. The only reason I'm even considering it is because TP is my favorite game in the world. But nothing seems to have changed. Half the time I can't tell if the graphics presented are from the Wii U version or Gamecube version. The lack of change graphically and lack of information leads me to believe there were next to no gameplay changes as well. It just seems more practical to wait for the VC game to come out and buy the same game for 1/3 the price.

Maybe they will change the gameplay and improve the experience. Who knows? It could convince me to buy the game. But I'm just not hopeful. They won't talk about it, which makes me feel like there's nothing to talk about, and the graphic "improvement" just looks lazy. It feels like they're not even trying. If they can't put any effort into the graphics, what hope is there for gameplay?

Last edited:
I've already pre-ordered my Amiibo bundle at a place that's close to work. Since I get out just after midnight, if there's a midnight release I can pick it up. :D

So, yes. I'm getting it. I'd love to be able to play Twilight Princess clearly on my big screen with better textures and without the crazy dithering effects. If they don't change much more than they have already, I wouldn't be all that fussed.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I really don't know. The only reason I'm even considering it is because TP is my favorite game in the world. But nothing seems to have changed. Half the time I can't tell if the graphics presented are from the Wii U version or Gamecube version. The lack of change graphically and lack of information leads me to believe there were next to no gameplay changes as well. It just seems more practical to wait for the VC game to come out and buy the same game for 1/3 the price.

Maybe they will change the gameplay and improve the experience. Who knows? It could convince me to buy the game. But I'm just not hopeful. They won't talk about it, which makes me feel like there's nothing to talk about, and the graphic "improvement" just looks lazy. It feels like they're not even trying. If they can't put any effort into the graphics, what hope is there for gameplay?
All the gameplay "improvements" will be shoehorned amiibo support. Just wait, I'm calling it now.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

TP is my favourite game in the world too. Seeing it treated like this makes me feel sick. I'm going to get it second hand so Nintendo dont get any money. Lazy workers shouldn't get the carrot they should get the stick.

Aku

You are not the only one who doesn't care about amiibo's. I think they are just a scam and I don't see the value they can bring to gaming.
Same here. To me amiibos are nothing but fancy dust-collecting ornaments. I hate the idea that some stuff on games is 'locked' behind amiibo walls, because it's making you pay additional money to 'unlock' content that you should already have had full access to, especially if you've paid the full game price. I think I will be getting this game secondhand even though I've never played this game, because I just want the game itself without extra trinkets.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Amiibos really are a shame...I always thought Nintendo was doing a great job with DLC, offering its consumers fair deals, not trying to nickel and dime us at every turn and they gave me hope for DLC....then this monstrosity came.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
not saying that Im going to get it upon release, but yeah I'm sure I will eventually get it. Just cuz I like to be able to play all the Zelda games on the the most modern Nintendo System. Just a collector I guess. so Yeah

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom