• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

April 2011 Release Date?!?!

Caeda

Keyblade Master
I remember thinking that I would be able to get Super Smash Bros. Brawl several months before it actually came out, in fact I think it ended up being released April of the next year.

You wern't the only one who was fooled. It was originaly susposed to come out then, but it was pushed back.

edit: just read Jedizora's post. I'm pretty sure that it won't be more then the Wii when it first came out.

Just so you know, Wind Waker is a gamecube game. They don't make it anymore. I would sugest going to a video game store and see if you can find it there.

I did that twice. And out of those two times, I got riped off. And I literally mean it. When I got the game, it worked, and then all of a sudden, it just said that the disk couldn't be read. I got it buffered, and then it done the same thing. Turns out the disk was heavily abused by previous owner's and then they stoped selling them. I'm going to buy it from a friend now.

But anyways, why not just wait till the game comes out, if they keep on pushing the due date of the game longer and longer, wouldn't that mean they're trying to make adjustments and trying to make it a bit better? But anyways, I don't mind the waiting, just have patience.

S

Sage

Never trust release dates unless you see it from Nintendo. Ever. How do you think they got that date? How many different stores have different dates? All of them. (It would be cool to have it come out on the day Gamestop says, it's my dog's birthday :D) We're getting info on 3DS in about 2 weeks, so focus on OoT. ;)

Ikana

Trollkastel
Well I'm hoping somewhere between April or May, but never trust release dates that haven't been announced by Nintendo. But with the 3DS coming out next year and that Pokemon game coming out I really need to come up with some money. I have enough money to get Pokemon Black which is coming out in March I do believe, but I won't have enough to get the 3DS nor SS. So I'm going to have to get 3DS for my birthday which will be in November and I'm going to have to work for SS but that might take a month to do, just do some little work around the house to get some money so I need a few months to do that. But April or May sounds about right its pretty much depends if they push the date back but it won't be long till we get more SS info so I'm guessing this month or next month will be the time when they announce the release date.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My friend who works at a toystore already said there was no date known to when SS will be released. We can only speculate. This can be fun but don't put your money on a date yet. It could be April but it also could be November so unless Nintendo announces the official date I'm not going to believe any store which gives you a release date.

Sasuke Uchiha

The Crimson Alchemist
I'm hoping the game is out by April 3rd. If that's the case, it'll be one less game I have to buy. But yeah, I think it will be out around July. ;_;

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Wait a minute... wasn't it also GameStop who claimed a Nov 1, 2010 release date some months ago? (I'm pretty sure that there was a thread about that here on ZD, but I'm too lazy right now to look it up). I've said it a couple times during the past year and I'll say it again: I still believe in a Feb 21 release date (25th birthday). But looking back at what they did with Twilight Princess, it could be delayed until the release of the "Wii 2" (which I think could be anywhere between late 2011 and late 2012).

And I also have to say a word to all those who think that if they release it soon, it will be "rushed" or "unfinished" etc: Come on, 4 and a half years should really be more than enough for a whole developer team to produce a game. And personally I think that sometimes the first thought is the right thought and by "polishing" too much one can also screw up things. Majora's Mask was made in less than 2 years but in my opinion it was the best 3D Zelda game yet with innovative gameplay elements, deep story, excellent graphics and music plus it had some good challenge. There's a reason why it won the "Game of the Decade" contest at GameFAQs even though it's 10 years old and competed with ultra-modern high-gfx games like the CoD series, WoW, AC etc. and of course the newer Zelda games.
Now look at Twilight Princess: It took them over 4 years to complete and while I think it's still a very good game, I also think that they overdid it with "polishing/finalizing" etc. because in the end it was way too easy and linear. Maybe they first wanted it to be more challenging (Beta Gohma >>> actual TP Gohma) but after thinking and polishing too long, they made it ridiculously easy.
What I'm trying to say is: A longer (or artificially prolonged, as I like to call it) development time doesn't necessarily make a better game (it can make a better game though! An example for a game that was really obviously rushed and therefore had a lot of bugs was the original Final Fantasy II for Famicom, which had a development time of less than a year).
I'm going to wait until the release of the "Wii 2" anyway before getting the game (don't have a Wii), so it won't bother me too much if they delay it again.
And, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think that there was a playable demo of TP at E3 2005 but there was one of SS at E3 2010 and at least to me it looked like the game was finished ~90% back then, so besides sales strategies ("Wii 2", 3DS...) there is no reason why the game should take another year to be completed.

knowlee

Like a river's flow, it never ends...
I too am hoping for a March/April release, but if not then, well I can wait until June or July, but I can't wait any longer than that though. The suspense is killing me. D:

And like others have said on here I'd wait for a more definite release date from Nintendo first before I would go and pre-order the game. That way if you do it that way instead of preordering the game right now and finding out that they've pushed the release date back making you feel duped.

J

janpietchris

hey I don't know of this is true but in some shops here in the netherlands says that ss will come around half march

Wait a minute... wasn't it also GameStop who claimed a Nov 1, 2010 release date some months ago? (I'm pretty sure that there was a thread about that here on ZD, but I'm too lazy right now to look it up). I've said it a couple times during the past year and I'll say it again: I still believe in a Feb 21 release date (25th birthday). But looking back at what they did with Twilight Princess, it could be delayed until the release of the "Wii 2" (which I think could be anywhere between late 2011 and late 2012).

And I also have to say a word to all those who think that if they release it soon, it will be "rushed" or "unfinished" etc: Come on, 4 and a half years should really be more than enough for a whole developer team to produce a game. And personally I think that sometimes the first thought is the right thought and by "polishing" too much one can also screw up things. Majora's Mask was made in less than 2 years but in my opinion it was the best 3D Zelda game yet with innovative gameplay elements, deep story, excellent graphics and music plus it had some good challenge. There's a reason why it won the "Game of the Decade" contest at GameFAQs even though it's 10 years old and competed with ultra-modern high-gfx games like the CoD series, WoW, AC etc. and of course the newer Zelda games.
Now look at Twilight Princess: It took them over 4 years to complete and while I think it's still a very good game, I also think that they overdid it with "polishing/finalizing" etc. because in the end it was way too easy and linear. Maybe they first wanted it to be more challenging (Beta Gohma >>> actual TP Gohma) but after thinking and polishing too long, they made it ridiculously easy.
What I'm trying to say is: A longer (or artificially prolonged, as I like to call it) development time doesn't necessarily make a better game (it can make a better game though! An example for a game that was really obviously rushed and therefore had a lot of bugs was the original Final Fantasy II for Famicom, which had a development time of less than a year).
I'm going to wait until the release of the "Wii 2" anyway before getting the game (don't have a Wii), so it won't bother me too much if they delay it again.
And, correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think that there was a playable demo of TP at E3 2005 but there was one of SS at E3 2010 and at least to me it looked like the game was finished ~90% back then, so besides sales strategies ("Wii 2", 3DS...) there is no reason why the game should take another year to be completed.

There was, actually. It was a demo of the Forest Temple, with Diababa at the end.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I hope it's not in March. I was hoping for a feb-march date, but now that Pokemon and 3DS (probably, and by extention probably OoT 3DS among others) are both coming out in March, I think April would be better, to give us time to play the other games.

Gamestop said the same thing to my mom, like a lot of people i don't trust release dates unless its set by Nintendo itself. A part of me wants it to come out early while the other part wants it to be released in late July early august. so im saying lets just wait and see it might come out early but unfinished or it might come out late and be like another Ocarina of Time.

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Gamestop did this before. They said that it would come out Nov/1/2010. But they were wrong. I also heard that Nintendo announced that SS was over half complete. If this is true, then a release for April will be false. Maybe this is just an early April Fool's joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom