• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Any Doctor Who Fans or Likers?

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I ask only because No one seems to know what it is! And I love the show! I watched the old ones when I was little and I enjoy the new ones with Matt Smith and David Tenant (sorry I can't spell his name right!) so I made A new thread to all my doctor who fans we should share what we see on DR WHO! Lol
P.S if you are from Britain don't tell me the season finale us in America haven't seen it yet lol! :clap: I <3 Everyone of you that confesses to liking or loving the show! Tell me who you like on the show, who you disliked and stuff like that!

Me I personally like David as the doctor he had wonderful companions and stories (and Peter Davidson did to!).
I kind of don't like Amy Pond she scares me a little! :embarrassed:

Valexi

Hylian Thief
I absolutely love Doctor Who!
In fact, I have a Dalek figurine sitting next to me.
I haven't gotten the chance to watch the new episodes yet, but I've been hearing good things about Smith.
Tennant was great, I wanted to cry when he said "I don't want to go" :(
But, yeah, I've been catching up on the old episodes here: http://www.doctorwho-episodes.com/
It's great and has almost every single episode. :)
But yeah, I have to say, my favorite Doctor has been Tom Baker.

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
You have a tardis in your siggy! I like you. :) I've only seen the new series so far. I've liked all the Doctors. Tennant probably is my favorite, though I think Matt Smith can do a good job with it, too. Tennant was often quirky in a cool way, but Smith really seems to make the Doctor seem alien at times. (I mean that as a compliment, heh.)

Donna is far and away my favorite companion. She and Ten played off each other so well.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
Omg I love you guys lol! I love watching them on http://www.doctorwho-episodes.com catches me up to! I have one of the magazines that my sister gave me lol, I have a delak piggy bank (my sister got the TARDIS =P). But yeah I like also that Timothy Dalton Playing the Head Time Lord person which made me laugh cause I kept Yelling at the Screen "Bond.... James Bond". I cried when David said I don't want to go =..[ ! @February Eve I know Matt is a smart alien like at times lol.
But yeah...
My favorite companion is Sarah Jane Smith and Martha Jones! Cause SJ (My sisters name lol) was the only one that didn't have her mind erased and Martha... She had a secret crush on the doctor! ^.^

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
I don't think anyone who lives in the UK is allowed to dislike Dr.Who, it's our greatest money maker after Shakerspeare and the Queen. If you are not up to date in the USA then I suggest you try watching them on BBC1, it's the most up to date way to watch it. Of course the series finished nearly 2 months ago, but there's always the Christmas special!

I miss David Tennant.
Although, having said that I was a fan of Christopher Ecclestone too.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I don't think anyone who lives in the UK is allowed to dislike Dr.Who, it's our greatest money maker after Shakerspeare and the Queen. If you are not up to date in the USA then I suggest you try watching them on BBC1, it's the most up to date way to watch it. Of course the series finished nearly 2 months ago, but there's always the Christmas special!

I miss David Tennant.
Although, having said that I was a fan of Christopher Ecclestone too.
I wish BBC1 isn't in the US Region lol I would know! I have Only BBC America! >.< I <3 and miss DT!!!!! =[

S

shohom67

I started watching in the 1970's and into the '80s here in the states. I watched until the BBC pulled them off the air. I was so glad to see Sci-Fi Channel bring him back. Now I can share my favorite show with my nephews and nieces. My favorite older Doctor is Tom Baker, but my all-time hands down favorite is Dave Tennant. Ten (we call him Ten for his last name and he's the 10th doctor!) and Billie Piper were magical together. I moved on to other companions, but she will always work best with Ten.

#11 is growing on me, but he talks too softly/has a British accent which means I have to watch using closed captioning. The kids hate that. I love Amy Pond. Her accent and attitude are very sexy. I can't wait to see the season finale this weekend!

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
I knew someone who watched it and they got me to watch an episode. Looked like a great show but I didn't, and still don't, have the patience to try to watch a series from the middle and keep up with it. I came right at a season finale. Doctor Who goes "Different teeth, that's weird" or something like that.

Veely

Unwanted ZD Member
I knew someone who watched it and they got me to watch an episode. Looked like a great show but I didn't, and still don't, have the patience to try to watch a series from the middle and keep up with it. I came right at a season finale. Doctor Who goes "Different teeth, that's weird" or something like that.
Hey it is ok! My friend got into it real quick and she dosen't even like scifi!

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
I used to watch the David Tennant shows from time to time when they were on, & I have seen some of the old ones. When I heard David was leaving, I was a bit sad, he was an awesome Doctor. He suited the role perfectly, & enjoyed watching what he did best.

Moving on, to the new series starring Matt Smith & Karen Gillan (I hope I spelt the names right!) is brilliant. I didn't know if anyone could fill David's shoes, but I decided to watch the first episode anyway. After the first few minutes, I said to myself "I kinda like this new guy" during the scene where he had trouble finding food he liked. Since then, I've grown to enjoy the new adventures, & try to watch every one of them when I can. Can't wait till Series 6.

P.S I also kinda fancy Karen Gillan. Because? I fancy red-heads. lol :) No offense to anyone.

I started watching the first season (ie, Christopher Ecclestone) and instantly became addicted. Sure, I've only seen six episodes or so, but I already consider it one of my favorite shows. I watch it on streaming Netflix. Greatest thing ever.

I am a Doctor Who fan. First saw the show starring Christopher Eccleston and it completely captured my interest.
Now I have watched every series of Doctor Who and countless Classic serials.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
(I feel I don't need to explain myself, but this message requires 30 characters so I need to say something.)
lol

I love doctor who. I started watching sometime after the original series ended and before the new series started. My favorite's Peter Davison, closely followed by Tom Baker, and David Tennant was pretty good too (also had some of the best companions). I'm not too crazy about Matt though and I dislike Amy even more. Can't wait for Matt to find a better companion.
My dad has a collection of all the original episodes on vcd/dvds (takes up 3 or 4 huge binders!) and torrents new episodes as soon as they're seeded after BBC broadcast, so we get them before most Americans (for a while a whole year before! but they're mostly caught up now).

Last edited:

VergilDante100

Legendary Dark Knight
Tennant was probably the best doctor i have ever seen to be quite honest, but matt smith has me thinking twice about the decision since he's got the same wit and charm as the 10th doctor, but eccleston had a great run however short it was at the time when he finished the 13th and final episode of his run, it was a shame to see eccleston go but tennant lived up to the name of the doctor for 4 whole seasons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom