• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past Any Advice on 3rd ALTTP Boss?

his random movement pisses me off. he always knocks me off. his hits = one heart piece....

why did they make this game so frustrating?? :mad:

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
I assume you're referring to Moldorm, right? He is very annoying. To my memory, there is plenty of jars, each containing one heart, directing below the pit you fall. Health shouldn't be an issue. A good strategy I've found is to charge a spin attack while standing directly next to the platform from which you jumped from, where flinching will not knock you down. Wait for his tail to come close and use the spin attack. It's easily to hit with the spin attack because it surrounds Link as opposed to just in front of him. Patience is key here. You'll get him eventually.

Like krazy4krash said, just keep on using spin attacks. I don't why people hate this boss so much. I love this fight!

I still can't beat it, playing on my laptop btw so maybe it's just tougher this way....

i gave up a while ago because it frustrates me too much

S

Sonar_Owl

Indeed that boss can be annoying.
But with practice it will be easier.
What is also a good tip is trying not to hit his head then you will be pushed into the holes.
I dont know if you know it but you need to hit his tail.
When he comes to you, try to avoid him and slash his tail when he pass.
I hope this has helped you out.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
There is not much of a strategy when it comes to fighting Moldorm, but there few tips I can give you. First, stay near the wall on the bottom of the fighting area, so the chances he pushes you around are less. Second, always keep a charged spin attack. This way, when you release, the chances of hitting him are higher. Good luck and don't give up!

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
I am bumping this topic on account that I actually do have some real advice to give that has not been mentioned.

After being knocked off the platform an infuriating number of times myself, I began watching Moldorm's movements much more minutely, and noticed that there was a pattern to it that provided an excellent opening for attack. Based on what I learned in memorizing Moldorm's attack pattern, this is what I can tell you:

There is a distance you must estimate on the platform--you'll get a feel for just the right distance once you start observing this yourself. But pay special attention to this: when Moldorm has enough space to move, he will move straight in one direction for a few paces, but then always do a 360 turn after covering the same short distance each time, turning tail right there. Once you can estimate that distance with ease, position yourself so that Moldorm is coming directly at you from just beyond that distance. Despite the reflex you may have to get out of range, you must trust your observations and not move as Moldorm comes toward you, because if you have correctly estimated the distance, Moldorm will most certainly do its 360 turn the moment before reaching you, literally bringing his tail directly in front of you to hit. If you instead move back as Moldorm comes toward you, you'll be too far from the tail when Moldorm does his turn and miss the opportunity.

Now having said that, I have more to add: stay away from the left side of the platform, it's better not to attempt to hit Moldorm on that side. The reason for this is that Moldorm's attack pattern is disrupted every time he hits an edge, becoming irregular and unpredictable. Therefore if you are positioned near, you are in danger of suddenly being hit since he is no longer bound to his attack pattern at moments that this occurs. The left side of the platform has that hole in the center, and the narrow space surrounding it means that Moldorm will continuously be bouncing off the edges when on that side: thus, stay away.

In addition to the disruption of edges, you'll notice that when you're down to the last hit that must be landed on Moldorm, his movements will speed up and he will be harder to follow--I can't help you here because it didn't seem to me as though Moldorm was following the same attack pattern anymore. Once you're down to the last hit, you're going to have to try your luck and just land it.

Also, I assure you you're not the only one bearing Moldorm a grudge. =P

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom