• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Anime Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Sorry for my inactivity, I barely missed the end of D1 and didn't have much time during D2. Now I finally caught up and looking back on it here are my current thoughts on everyone.

funnier6 - He looks to me, he is very active in the game (although it seems he always is so I'm not sure if it's AI). He tries to keep the game going.

All Might - I mainly remember him making jokes and discussions with funnier, but that might be by lack of D2 activity in general. Pretty neutral to me, he doesn't stick out for either alignment imo.

karu/Minish_Link - The old slot didn't make any relevant posts. Minish comes back after a Twon death who seems to have successfully tried to catch up and share thoughts, town lean.

NekoLilly - they mentioned not wanting a lynch on D1 as that is their preferred method. I do not agree with this, but that's something about general mafia play, not this game. Besides that they are pretty neutral to me, nothing really gave me an indication of allignment.

Libk -

Still waiting for anything relevant from you:P

TattooArtist - Got some attention from that vote they made D1, normally this would be something high in my scum list but they are apparantly a new player so I'll let it slide for now. Still paying attention to them.

CheffOfGames - Hasn't made any relevant post yet, i would like to see some scumhunting effort from you as this isn't looking good. Knowing him, this is not really AI, but it does work against Town's favour.

walrusdawson - Only made 2 posts. The first was on a joke vote from Mezlo on him on which he seemed to react seriously. Later he posted a counter vote on Mezlo for being so eager in voting him. It looks like a scum crack under pressure (even though there was none), but it was way too early for such a thing to happen. I have no idea what to make of this. Is it a joke? Am I missing something regulars know? I would like some thoughts of others on this matter.

Spider-Bok - Both the YIGA vote and the Mido vote just now look like an easy hop on the wagon, but there was something with being sick iirc. Others seem to accept that for now and I guess I could let it slide. I'm still keeping my eye on them though.

Lone_Garurumon - Miller softclaim is interesting and I don't think he would risk the fake claim in a large game with anime characters. His actions don't show it to me right now, but I'm trusting the claim.

Mellow Ezlo - Had some good activity going D1 and somehow being the only one to notice Zachie. I'm not sure if he would be responsible for the kill on him though, it seemed too early to make that shot. I also don't think he would be scum bussing an ally this early without any danger on either of them. D2 has been less active from him, but what I've seen in general from him looks good.

Mido - makes a joke vote on YIGA which later turns into a serious one with a proper explanation as to why. This is immediatly followed by a post saying that YIGA looks more genuine. Why the sudden change of mind? It wasn't good enough apparantly to unvote YIGA which is strange given the response. Ideally, would like to hear something from them first, but given the time left that might not happen.

Kylo Ken - As I said in D1, his reactions didn't seem like scum. considering that he would have attracted too much attention as scum too early, I think it would have been way too risky. And trust me I know about risks.:P

Maniacal Engineer - Makes good assesments of the situation, trying to analyse players by asking questions and sharing his thoughts. Good town lean with a clear scumhunt.

DarthWolf - Would like to see more posts from this slot

Ayano Keiko - Seemed slightly scummy to me at first, but after the responses from them they cleared themselves on that part back into the neutral zone. I don't have a clear thought on them at this point.

Looking back at what I jsut wrote, only Mido seems to get a scummy result, the others either look good, neutral, have an excuse to let them go for now and focus on other players or they haven't posted anything. I'd rather lynch an active person to get some reads on which I have my suspicion and questions rather than someonetat it just being voted for inactivity and hope that I'm right.
Vote: Mido

On the topic of 3 NK, many say it's mafia+SK+vig. I'm willing to believe the first 2, but is it normal here for a vig to just shoot every night? I've mostly seen vigs with limited shots, so I think that would ahve been too risky of a shot.
Thanks for ninja’ing meh.

So the big thing that sticks out to me is how hedgey all these reads are, almost every single one you go back and forth and hesitate to commit and barely lean one way or the other. I know you haven’t played with us much but being there’s twenty pages to look through I would expect you’d feel stronger in more of these.

If any of these are concrete reads I would appreciate if you would quote posts and explain your thought process.

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Current Vote Tally:
Mido - 6 (Maniacal Engineer, NekoLily, All Might, Minish_Link, Spider-Bok, DarthWolf)
DarthWolf - 1 (funnier6)

Not voting - Libk, TattooArtist, CheffOfGames, walrusdawson, Lone_Garurumon, Mellow Ezlo, Mido, Kylo Ken, Ayano Keiko

With 16 players alive it takes 9 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Monday, November 13th 2017 at 11:59 PM CET. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...59&p0=293&msg=End+of+day+2&font=cursive&csz=1

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
Thanks for ninja’ing meh.

So the big thing that sticks out to me is how hedgey all these reads are, almost every single one you go back and forth and hesitate to commit and barely lean one way or the other. I know you haven’t played with us much but being there’s twenty pages to look through I would expect you’d feel stronger in more of these.

If any of these are concrete reads I would appreciate if you would quote posts and explain your thought process.
I actually very much agree with this assessment of Darth's reads list. It doesn't seem like he's willing to commit to anything concrete besides voting for Mido, who was likely going to die regardless. A possible late day bussing effort, perhaps?
Minish does seem to think there's a connection between Mido and Darth. If Mido flips scum, I'd be willing to go for a Darth lynch.

DarthWolf

Betraying Kingmaker
How is it not clear? I know there are people in there on which I'm still neutral, but there are also people like you two which I put as towny.

Maniacal Engineer

Conspiracy Theorist
It's easy for scum to read active players as Town, especially if they know that the active players actually happen to be Town.

Finding your own unique scumreads and having less neutral reads and more definitive stances or explanations is important.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Do you think you could get a reads list together soon? You haven’t said much about anyone in either of your lives and I require more information.

Vote: Minish

Hope to see more content from you.

@Mellow Ezlo you never responded to my postt, get in here and talk about things.
yes mum

Sorry though, I've been busy these past couple of days, and I'm going through some stuff irl that's making it hard to focus. But I'm here now... an hour before day's end. Still haven't fully caught up on everything, but I'll say what I can.

It’s hard to have faith in your scum reads when we’re so rarely town togetherr.
I mean, considering I correctly read you as scum in the first two games I play with you, I'd say I deserve a bit more faith. :P

You don’t think you’re reading into night kills a bit much? I like to think I have an air of independence every time I’m town. You didn’t even know what my town self was like in Korra 3. :P
No, I don't. OK maybe a little, but I like to analyze all possibilities, and you were the only one I noticed having interacted with Deku a significant amount. Plus, while I didn't know your town play in Korra 3, I noticed your play in that game was slightly different from the next one, in which it was quite obvious you were town. Granted, I was scum in that one.

...and idk where I'm even going with this anymore. I'm tired shut up :P

Reads list isn’t very good, I like. :P
I really don't understand you sometimes lol.

I suggest iso’ing ME and trying to find something towny in it cause idk where you’re coming from.
You seem to not understand why I town read him in the first place. It's not because I've seen him do something that screams town, it's because his thoughts and reads have been very consistent and fair, and he hasn't said/done anything scummy thus far.

I also have another reason for town reading him that I'm going to keep to myself for now, out of fairness to him.

Why on earth would you want to lynch the inactives? You just going straight for easy mislynch territory?
I mostly said that because I wasn't sure how many times I would be able to post again, since I am pretty busy irl right now. I didn't feel like I had enough to place a vote on anybody else, and the inactives were all very neutral to me. With one scum dead and 16 players still alive, it's not like mislynching an inactive would be this totally devastating loss, unless they had a cool power role, in which case I would expect them to be more active.

You may not agree, but there you go.

What do you think about my vote on emiya?
I disagree with it, but idk why you're asking anyway. In spite of having him as a neutral read earlier, recent posts have me putting him up as a high town lean.

It's mostly guesswork, but yes, I believe those roles fit the identities.

I've been thinking the same thing, it's not like him to become overprotective of random players who weren't in any danger at the time. Funnier's playstyle has also reminded me of when he was the SK in Alit's game, so it might just be a blatant attempt to look Town. As long as he plays for Town's side I don't have a problem overlooking the independent play for now.
I don't agree with overlooking it, since the SK has already killed a townie.

Something else I noticed while reading back through is a possible connection if Mido ends up flipping scum. In a few of his posts he mentioned Darth and was agreeing with him a lot and seems like he was town reading him. And one of the few 'reads' Zachie posted said that he had Darth as a neutral/scum lean. So it could be a case of the three of them being scum and trying to differentiate their reads on each other, because Darth didn't really do a ton day 1 for anyone to have a strong read on him in my opinion.
This is a really good point, and I'm not sure what to think of it at this time. I didn't find Darth scummy at first, but I feel unsure about his recent reads list, as his reads seem... easy? Is that a good word? This is definitely something to keep in mind.

Also, I like Bok's vote on Karu. He's not the type of player that would so openly switch the bandwagon from a scumbud to an inactive, so regardless of what Mido ends up flipping, I see that as a townie move. If anything, if Mido flips scum, then Bok is probably town because I see him as more of a busser.

Sorry if this post seems half-assed. I kinda just tried rushing to get a post in. I'll try to be more active and pay closer attention to this game during day 3.

funnier6

Courage~
yes mum

Sorry though, I've been busy these past couple of days, and I'm going through some stuff irl that's making it hard to focus. But I'm here now... an hour before day's end. Still haven't fully caught up on everything, but I'll say what I can.

I mean, considering I correctly read you as scum in the first two games I play with you, I'd say I deserve a bit more faith. :P

No, I don't. OK maybe a little, but I like to analyze all possibilities, and you were the only one I noticed having interacted with Deku a significant amount. Plus, while I didn't know your town play in Korra 3, I noticed your play in that game was slightly different from the next one, in which it was quite obvious you were town. Granted, I was scum in that one.

...and idk where I'm even going with this anymore. I'm tired shut up :P

I really don't understand you sometimes lol.

You seem to not understand why I town read him in the first place. It's not because I've seen him do something that screams town, it's because his thoughts and reads have been very consistent and fair, and he hasn't said/done anything scummy thus far.

I also have another reason for town reading him that I'm going to keep to myself for now, out of fairness to him.

I mostly said that because I wasn't sure how many times I would be able to post again, since I am pretty busy irl right now. I didn't feel like I had enough to place a vote on anybody else, and the inactives were all very neutral to me. With one scum dead and 16 players still alive, it's not like mislynching an inactive would be this totally devastating loss, unless they had a cool power role, in which case I would expect them to be more active.

You may not agree, but there you go.

I disagree with it, but idk why you're asking anyway. In spite of having him as a neutral read earlier, recent posts have me putting him up as a high town lean.

I don't agree with overlooking it, since the SK has already killed a townie.

This is a really good point, and I'm not sure what to think of it at this time. I didn't find Darth scummy at first, but I feel unsure about his recent reads list, as his reads seem... easy? Is that a good word? This is definitely something to keep in mind.

Also, I like Bok's vote on Karu. He's not the type of player that would so openly switch the bandwagon from a scumbud to an inactive, so regardless of what Mido ends up flipping, I see that as a townie move. If anything, if Mido flips scum, then Bok is probably town because I see him as more of a busser.

Sorry if this post seems half-assed. I kinda just tried rushing to get a post in. I'll try to be more active and pay closer attention to this game during day 3.
I hope I have enough time to reply to this and update my reads list, probably gonna cut it close.

Yes, I’m much more inclined to read ME town now as well, and I’m pretty sure I know what you’re talking about.

Still lynching in inactive is dumb cause it’ll be pure luck if they’re scum and it’s much harder to read people when that happpens.

Once again you take a different path to reach my exact same conclusions, I’m about ready to throw my paranoid fears in the closet and say you’re town but if you’re scum you’d better be prepared for me to never ever ever ever ever ever ever trust you again. :goron:

funnier6

Courage~
@karu @DarthWolf @TattooArtist @walrusdawson haven’t heard from any of you in a while.

As I was rereading I realized too many of my reads are for not very good reasons and I actually only have reason to believe a few people are town.

Town:
Kylo- His entire day one screams town, I really doubt he would play that way as scum.

LG- I’ve played a few bulba games now and miller softing day one is normally a town thing and in a game as big as this one I’d be surprised if there wasn’t a miller. His play hasn’t been super towny but his play never strikes me as super towny anyway.

Bok- I hold by that first tone read, he really got his standard bok posts going recently but judging him just by that is scary considering how good he is. I’m not 100% sure yet but looks good so far.

These are my only super confident reads, I feel really good about those three.

Town lean:

Ayano- it’s difficult without meta but so far he’s given quite a lot of original thoughts and gives me the impression he really is trying to do what’s best for town.

Nekolily- she seems herself, I wish she would give up the no lynch day one philosophy though. You said if you had to vote it would have been on me, but you didn’t vote after we tied or after Mez voted Yiga. Do you still want me dead?

Null:

Mez: I never ever know how to read it when you hard scum read someone who’s actually scum on day one, especially when they don’t get lynched. Saving me was nice though.

Mido- I reread Midos posts and he has quite a good bit of content, the thing is it’s almost all about Yiga. From what I know of his scum play style he looks good but I haven’t seen enough.

Karu- post more please

ME- Most of your posts are basically commentary, you find this a little suspicious, you find that a bit towny and commit on very few things, yet you have played with quite a few of us before. I’d like to know why you didn’t vote me or Yiga.

Libk- I think you said you were going to post soon but you haven’t yet.

Cheff- said he was going to post more

Walrus- please more post

Tattoo- I’m not really sure what to think about her voting bok five pages after I asked her to, can’t really read into it without getting wifom. I don’t like that she never took her vote bok, why didn’t you change it to Yiga or me?

Darth- more post please

Scum lean:

Emiya: So you talked about Yiga, was suspicious, then I was suspicious for defending Yiga, did you vote for either of us? No, you just shaded us the whole day. And now that zachie has flipped scum after doing scummy things I didn’t think he would do I’m not about to let you off for doing the same. I notice you now say I wasn’t suspicious after all which is sort of icing on the cake.

Vote: All Might

It’s amazing what not having a headache can do. :D
Idk if I have time to explain everything again so I’m mostly to talk about the ones who have changed.

Town:

Kylo- same reasons

LG- same reasons

Bok- from what he’s posted today I’m more confident he’s town.

Emiya- I saw a lot of town emiya in his responses to me, I feel much better about him.

Ayano- I feel pretty confident he’s town, I don’t have time to reread his last few posts but he feels very town trying to scum hunt and not at all like he’s on a team.

ME- progressively started looking better today, I’m not 100% sure yet but so far so good.

Mez- how it pains me to put you here but I regret to say you really do look town.

Null:

Nekolily- I had her as town earlier but I don’t think I’ve seen very much of her and it feels like she dropped off the radar, going to want to see more day 3.

Minish- She looks okay so far but it’s mostly been NAI stuff, especially when she has quite a good scum game. I’d like to see more of her on day 3 too.

Inactive people go here~

My Mido read is basically the same as before.
Scum lean:

Darth- The reads list seems very CWAC since it’s very wordy but actually doesn’t say all that much, will probably be going after him day 3.

Woo I still have a minute left. :sweat:

Pen

The game is on!
Day 2 Final Vote Tally:
Mido - 6 (Maniacal Engineer, NekoLily, All Might, Minish_Link, Spider-Bok, DarthWolf)

DarthWolf - 1 (funnier6)

Not voting - Libk, TattooArtist, CheffOfGames, walrusdawson, Lone_Garurumon, Mellow Ezlo, Mido, Kylo Ken, Ayano Keiko

The subjects that I’ve been studying seemed a lot more decisive today compared to yesterday. A solid amount of them seemed sure about blaming the one known as Mido for the crimes. As they brought Mido to the execution chair he didn’t do much to resist them. He was quiet as a flower. Perhaps he thought his death would help them bring justice to the world. I really don’t know. Either way, he died in the chair as expected. But the other individuals didn’t seem very pleased with the outcome. Most of them anyway. I shall continue my logg later tonight!

Mido was Sakura Haruno (from Naruto), the Medical Ninja.

OhS5rHu.png

The living (15):
funnier6
All Might
Minish_Link
NekoLily
Libk
TattooArtist
CheffOfGames
walrusdawson
Spider-Bok
Lone_Garurumon
Mellow Ezlo
Kylo Ken
Maniacal Engineer
DarthWolf
Ayano Keiko

The dead (5):
YIGAhim - Artoria Pendragon, the Saber-Class Servant (lynched day 1)
Minish_Link - Okabe Rintarou, the Mad Scientist (killed night 1)
Zachie - Lust, the Ultimate Spear (killed night 1)
DekuNut - Lelouch vi Britannia, the Commander (killed night 1)
Mido - Sakura Haruno, the Medical Ninja (lynched day 2)

Night 2 Begins!

Those of you with active power roles, please PM me your night actions before Tuesday, November 14th 2017 at 11:59 PM CET. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdo...&p0=293&msg=End+of+Night+2&font=cursive&csz=1

Attention: I’m in need of a replacement for walrusdawson due to his inactivity, and CheffOfGames has also requested to be replaced, so I will be looking for replacements during the night phase. If you know of someone who would be interested in playing, please send them my way. I hope you understand if the night may run slightly longer than usual because of this. Thanks!

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Sorry I didn’t post at all today I just finished an 11 hour shift and didn’t get the time to look at this thread at all today. I wish I was able to post something by the time day ended

Pen

The game is on!
Last night I was shadowing All Might as he walked through the hotel. He looked quite absent-minded and kept mumbling to himself. Something about how he wondered what he and his partner in crime would be doing tomorrow. It sounded very strange to me. Anyway, as he walked around a corner he collapsed suddenly. When I caught up I saw him lying dead on the floor with his right hand over his heart. Another heart attack perhaps? No matter. Shortly thereafter I heard footsteps running in my direction so I hid in a nearby locker. It was Maniacal Engineer who had come for All Might. When he saw All Might’s dead body on the floor, Maniacal Engineer fell to his knees with his face in his palms. He looked utterly devastated and completely destroyed. I watched as he shook All Might’s lifeless body and shouted his name over and over. It was a heartbreaking moment to be sure, and it ended with Maniacal Engineer ultimately taking his own life right next to his lover because I can only assume he couldn’t bear the pain of losing his o so significant other. After having witnessed this scene I went to my room and wiped my tears away.

All Might was Miria Harvent (from Baccano!), an Immortal Lover.

OW1Kc1F.png

Maniacal Engineer was Isaac Dian (from Baccano!), an Immortal Lover.

0pBxZkN.png

The living (13):
funnier6
Minish_Link
Krow
Libk
TattooArtist
YIGAhim
Pika_pika42
Spider-Bok
Lone_Garurumon
Mellow Ezlo
Kylo Ken
DarthWolf
Ayano Keiko

The dead (7):
YIGAhim - Artoria Pendragon, the Saber-Class Servant (lynched day 1)
Minish_Link - Okabe Rintarou, the Mad Scientist (killed night 1)
Zachie - Lust, the Ultimate Spear (killed night 1)
DekuNut - Lelouch vi Britannia, the Commander (killed night 1)
Mido - Sakura Haruno, the Medical Ninja (lynched day 2)
All Might - Miria Harvent, an Immortal Lover (killed night 2)
Maniacal Engineer - Isaac Dian, an Immortal Lover (committed suicide night 2)

Day 3 Begins!

With 13 players alive it takes 7 for a majority lynch. Otherwise the day ends on Saturday, November 18th 2017 at 11:59 PM CET. Countdown: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20171118T2359&p0=293&font=cursive&csz=1

Attention: YIGAhim has replaced CheffOfGames, Pika_pika42 has replaced walrusdawson, and Krow has replaced NekoLily. Welcome to the game and thank you so much for playing! ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom