• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Animal Crossing Mafia: Every Day's a New Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
I say yes to gummy. Sorry I've been inactive btw. The game was kind of slow so I only checked like once or twice to see if we got it going again. But then when I checked today, there was a bg *** ****ing spike in activity and I missed everything. :/

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I say yes to gummy. Sorry I've been inactive btw. The game was kind of slow so I only checked like once or twice to see if we got it going again. But then when I checked today, there was a bg *** ****ing spike in activity and I missed everything. :/

Gummy knows who the other Mason is though, right? That would make her OP.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Yes.

You had me guessing there, Attackus. Even though I don't remember what I analyzed, that situation tipped me off a little bit that your alignment was questionable. But then you had asked the defensive roles to protect me Tonight, which lessened my doubts. Whatever the case, you played well for being the Godfather for the first time.

Jamie

Again, if LittleGumball knows who the other mason is, this is unfair. It gives her an advantage. Having a majority vote isn't fair either because it gives an advantage to the Town, while the Mafia is obviously outnumbered. I don't think LG should be allowed to rejoin until the Mason dies.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Gummy's only being allowed in so long as she doesn't reveal who the other mason is. And, seeing as I know how trustworthy she is, I see absolutely no problem with letting her in. So she knows the role of one player, what's the big deal?

Jamie

Gummy's only being allowed in so long as she doesn't reveal who the other mason is. And, seeing as I know how trustworthy she is, I see absolutely no problem with letting her in. So she knows the role of one player, what's the big deal?

The big deal is she is aware of a confirmed townie. Whether she reveals the role or not, it is still a hindrance. Suppose player X is the mason. A bandwagon is starting on player X. LittleGumball would have usually voted for Player X, but doesn't because she knows Player X is the mason. Player Y is lynched instead. Or, LittleGumball could unintentionally reveal who the mason is. Bandwagon in Player X. LittleGumball speaks against it, citing that Player X "acts very town-like". Obviously LittleGumball thinks so, because you are biased when people are confirmed town. We all take this to mean "Player X is the mason", based on LittleGumball's unintentional reaction. Player Y is lynched instead.

The big deal is that no player should have an unfair advantage no matter how small. Sorry, but perhaps we could find another replacement.

EBWODP
Any sort of advantage could have adverse effects on the game, effects which I don't want to deal with. I don't want to win as a townie if my squad is unbalanced.

Also, a vote does not work because everyone has different roles and different factions have different numbers of people(townie vs mafia vs 3rd party, etc). Majority is an unfair way to decide something that could negatively affect the game.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
That's the whole point of the vote though, making sure people are OK with her joining. We are all aware of what the circumstances are. Most other people agree that it isn't a big deal. Plus, she was originally against joining, for this very reason. Rachel knows what could happen, and we all do too, but it's a risk we're willing to take.

And so what if a bandwagon starts on that player? She doesn't have to join it. Does the cop reveal all of his/her results? No. But they still know players who are confirmed town. It's not really any different.

Jamie

That's the whole point of the vote though, making sure people are OK with her joining. We are all aware of what the circumstances are. Most other people agree that it isn't a big deal. Plus, she was originally against joining, for this very reason. Rachel knows what could happen, and we all do too, but it's a risk we're willing to take.
Except not everyone has the same roles and faction! I just said that. Perhaps most of the townies are OK with it but most of the mafia are not, or most of the third party are not. They will likely have different views about stuff than the town but they are outnumbered and that is why it is unfair. This is a vote that is separate from the current game but the factions within the game still influence what you are okay with. It's a lot more likely for a mafia member to not be okay with it because they may see it as unfair. See what I mean? The vote isn't fair because the sides aren't equal.

And so what if a bandwagon starts on that player? She doesn't have to join it. Does the cop reveal all of his/her results? No. But they still know players who are confirmed town. It's not really any different.
Except LittleGumball isn't a cop (presumably). Essentially, she is given a further role on top of whatever role she receives(knowing who one townie is. Small role, but it's there), making the game more unbalanced than it was before she joined. Do you see my point? You can't compare her to a cop because if there is a cop it was a role decided before the game even began. Having and using information about the game received not using your role is super super bad for the game. Just like if one of you told me you were town and confirmed it with your role PM, LG knowing 100% what someone's role is is unfair.

EBWODP
And in case you say something like "well the sides aren't equal in lynches either", it's irrelevant. This isn't within the game and lynches don't create an inherent imbalance and are all based on logic and planning and skill. So they aren't the same thing. Bottom line is Mafia and third party are being unfairly represented in this vote.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The LG vote sounds like the rest of the game so far.
Most people are silent, and the few who aren't are just saying sure (including myself). Repentance is one of the only people actually trying to consider it, and Mezlo is arguing the slothy point of view, which, in this case, is the popular vote.
Pretty much I'm saying that people should be more active. And no offense meant to anyone named.

Mido

Version 1
Speaking for the dead community, I would like to vote on the side on whichever Gilligan didn't vote. :yes:

-Mido Blathers VII: Representative of the Dead Animal Crossing Citizens' Association. :mellow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom