• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Spider-Man is still M.I.A. and the villains are wrecking the city. Meanwhile, some crazy person claims they know the identity of the Green Goblin, and seconds later the Goblin appeared! Coincidence or conspiracy? You be the judge!

But before anyone can worry about solving that dilemma, there's a FIERY EXPLOSION down 5th Avenue as The Human Torch has engaged the nefarious Sandman in a FIGHT!

WOWZA! The Torch will have to save himself without the help of Spider-Man on this one, but I wonder... Can he do it?!

Fl64H4I.jpg

THE HUMAN TORCH IS IN A FIGHT WITH LAIN, a.k.a. THE SANDMAN

The Torch might not have Spidey's help, but that doesn't mean they're on their own. The entire Fantastic Four are here to help, and have multiplied Torch's Fight Post limit by 4, resulting in a modified fight post limit of 46. WOW!

But Lain's is INFINITE + 5... Whoops.

Lain has an incalculable advantage. Uh-oh.

A random time limit has been set, which will begin the minute both fighters have indicated their readiness.

CHEERING is ENABLED for this Fight.

•••••

Day 9: Amazing First (and surprise final) Vote Count

a.k.a. The "Nothing Can Stop the SANDMAN" Vote Count

LittleGumball (7): lain, Sandman (x6)
Mint Elv (2): LittleGumball, Ragnarokio
lain (1): Princess Abigail

There are 13 available Standard Votes, so it takes 7 to reach a Majority.

Which means.... Oh ****! LittleGumball has been Arrested! They are identified in the news as being Ned Leeds.

Not Voting:
Captan_Lunch, Doc, Freddeh, KingofDominaria, HangryHangryHippo, Mint Elv, Princess Abigail, Ragnarokio, Rubik, Silverfish, Skystone, Spiritual Mask Salesman, Tevish Szat, Turin, Vroendal... Oh, and also 3 members of the Fantastic Four.

That was the fastest Day ever.

IT IS NOW DUSK.

DUSK WILL END AFTER THE TORCH x SANDMAN FIGHT.

1. HangryHangryHippo votes Spider-Man [404: Error, Spider-Man not found]
  2. LittleGumball votes Mint Elv
  3. Ragnarokio votes Mint Elv
  4. lain votes LittleGumball
  5. Sandman votes LittleGumball 6 times [404: Error, vote link not found]
  6. LittleGumball has reached their Threshold and been Arrested
  7. Princess Abigail votes lain [Not countded cuz end of Day]

Quick-Jump Links
:gletsgo:

<< Start of Day | < Last Vote Count | Game Status Post | Today's Daily Bugle | Next Vote Count > | End of Day >>

Last edited:

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
every post is worth a minimum of 1 and a maximum of 3 in theory so i guess lain is guaranteed to win as long as they make 139 posts

better get started

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
If super-villains actually can't end the game without town or mafia like Mint implied, I'm not sure how they're supposed to win since both public game-ending win conditions require removing all non-mafia threats to town from the active player pool.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
it seemed heavily implied that both electro and doc ock at least won by advancing their schemes sufficiently, which was something they seemed capable of doing independently through ability activations and etc.

it seemed heavily implied that both electro and doc ock at least won by advancing their schemes sufficiently, which was something they seemed capable of doing independently through ability activations and etc.
I don't think they necessarily win but the schemes force an end game state and they would likely win per the villian win con unless they happened to get got in the same phase their scheme resolved.

Per the rules of the game, you can infer that if indeed "Supervillain" is one of the five secret alignments (I'll never tell), then players who share that alignment have the same win condition. This does not mean they don't all have wildly different ways of achieving that same win condition. :)

I am actually really quite proud of how elegant that design decision was. Ostensibly.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
It would be pretty cool if there was a villain who won by emptying the active player pool completely since town could win with that in theory

The Sandman notices a feeling of impending chaos as the Torch closes in on him.

"Is someone after me? Good thing I happened to be sunbathing on the beach. Won't know what hit them"

The sand on the beach begins to move, like it's alive. It shapes itself into many human-sized figures that look just like The Sandman!

The Sandman had created a horde of body-doubles, almost like he had made his own kingdom! If he stood still It would be difficult for a hero to tell which one was him. In the time it takes for them to find him, he could strike from behind!

"Of course, a kingdom needs a castle."

As he thought that, The Sandman began his plans to build an amazing castle of his own! If any of his body-doubles yearned for their kingdom to have a castle, their dreams would soon be realized!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom