• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Check with zinger on if there's a mechanic to apply through him, otherwise just write a letter to the editor with your name and qualifications and I can pass the info to JJJ for you.

I'll be honest I really don't have any groundbreaking insight on this game at all. I'm really just trying to kinda coast by and figure out things as they go along. I have a few reads here and there but don't have any huge thoughts on who I would want to arrest today. Mostly wanted to make this post for my own purposes, to gather up my thoughts & see which players I want to go back & reread. Have fun not reading them:

Stability's posts, though few and far between, seem to be cutting through a lot of the BS in the thread and offering good, townie-minded insight. I have also tended to nod my head with a lot of what they have said.

Rag has similarly been doing town-helpful analysis, and although it's been brought up that they could be doing this regardless of alignment, I think that in a game where Zinger specifically says "rewards critical thinkers" Rag has been doing a lot of critical thinking about the setup, using their experience with past SMMs to help others in this thread.

Rubik, although more mechanically cleared than others due to their association with the Bugle, I think has been towny outside of that.

Abigail/Neon has been playing mostly NAI when it comes to style & generally more towny than not by trying to push the gamestate forward through their votes & pressure for social reads. Stale gamestate always benefits scum and every time I've felt the state has been stale she has jumped in to change that.
I also happen to agree with most of her reads - regarding the one on me, I can see where I've been pockety and my response to that is a) I think she was under unfair scrutiny in the earlygame regarding her view on Vro and b) she's one of the few players here I've played multiple memorable games with, and as such one of the few players I think I could provide more useful meta info about.

If I trust Abigail to be town then I also trust HHH to be town by virtue of her role. Freddeh is also mechanically cleared to be town. Doc had a really good opening post.

Tevish I am more inclined to read townier than not due to their short disappearance, I have a hunch that moving to the unknown player pool was not by their own choosing.

Doc had a pretty decent opening.

Vro I've mentioned several times but I think my pings on them are more due to stylistic clash than anything else. Specifically, the "outward friendliness" feels a little forced to me but I think it might just be them & how they post. However, I still don't like their response to Neon regarding the social reads & I don't like their response to my response to them about that either.

Ex has been pretty NAI, same with Minish. SMS has been more or less the same, though I feel I generally tend to get bad vibes from their posts when they are mafia, and I got CWAC vibes from the last post they made (I don't think they've posted since then).

KoD I always find hard to read - initially, my gut on them prior to Kingpin even posting was scummier than not. A bunch of people seem to think they have potential to be the Kingpin due to style & being around at the time of the first post, and although I don't have any proof to dispute that, I personally think that the Kingpin is more likely not to post from their Kingpin account and their personal account around the same time frame. Thought the big post was more CWAC than not especially around the Kingpin speculation. But big posts from KoD

Storm...sigh I see where people are coming from with the pop culture references or whatever in the Kingpin messages, but my gut tells me that Storm isn't Kingpin and the speculation around him being Kingpin feels very LHF to me. Similar to how the prior discussion around KoD being the Kingpin due to posting proximity also felt very LHF. I don't have a lot of experience with Storm as a player, but he seems to play mafia in the same way he hosts mafia which makes me feel very NAI towards him.

Nobody else has really made any impressions on me so far.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
If I had to guess what the deal with HW is, he's probably Stan Lee and he's probably trying to push the story in a certain direction, potentially enforcing canon events such as wanting Peter to be Spider-Man or Norman to be the Green Goblin. Or maybe he's trying to avoid canon, who knows.

Regardless, that would make the most sense to me.

Couple addendums:

As much as I don't like eliminating more inactive players on Day 1, KoD makes a good point in his big post that we can always rectify any mis-arrest by paying bail if it's revealed that the person has some sort of town-aligned role or something like that. I'll probably go through the lower-posters later to see if there's anything that sticks out & vote one of them today, especially since I don't agree with the Storm Kingpin theory & don't have any strong scumreads.

Also I think someone was also mechanically confirmed to be a specific character?? Was it lain? Because they were originally arrested at the start of the game but the bail was paid? I can't remember if that has anything to do with their alignment either. EDIT: Regardless, if so, I don't think I'd want to off lain or whomever that was today either.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
lain is probably mendel stromm
rubik is almost certainly robbie robertson
freddeh is certainly norman osborn

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Says the vote seller.
1*1LflVh8FJaO-jLtj3DtFSw.jpeg

D

Deleted member 97076

Is it ok to just post my scum read without all the quoting. I remember when i used to be obssessed about it and i have to comb through the thread and had to click back and forth between pages to find the exact thing i need.

don't have the energy to do that now. but I have a slight scum read on silver. slight enough to vote for him though.

D

Deleted member 97076

So how much of these 41 pages is spam posting and how much is important? Do I gotta read ALL 41 pages??
tbh, i am surprised myself that i feel like almost up to 80% of content is worth reading. at least reading between the lines. i was expecting more close to 40-60 where 60 is spam.

Is it ok to just post my scum read without all the quoting. I remember when i used to be obssessed about it and i have to comb through the thread and had to click back and forth between pages to find the exact thing i need.

don't have the energy to do that now. but I have a slight scum read on silver. slight enough to vote for him though.
I don't think you need quotes but like.... a general reason would be nice. But also, congratulations! You have now met me! I apparently seem like scum to everyone the first several times they play with me. Then again, it has been literal years since I last played, so maybe that's changed. Is meta still meta when it's expired?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom