• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
How dare people try to steal my totally original read that I made up.

I actually have no clue if it used to be a read but even the old heads on MU have started calling it Abigail's Law which is pretty cool.

I very strongly stand against the idea that the third vote is most likely to be wolfier than any other though.

In other news please call me Abigail not Neon I'm trying to shift to that name online because it means a lot to me as the name I picked out and now that my stalker is in jail I'm less scared of using it online again. I'd change my name on the site if I could but like if you remember please uwu.
Name Changes: You are allowed one name change every six months. You must contact either Azure Sage, Jimmu, Spiritual Mask Salesman, or Vanessa28 via Private Message and have your new name approved. Any new username changes are restricted to the same character limit as the limited imposed when you sign up, that is 20 characters (including spaces). Additionally, if a user changes their username, another active forum member cannot take their old username within three months of the original holder of the username making the change

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Legitimately, it has been the most content-filled Day 1 I have ever seen. Almost none of it is spam.

Almost.

*looks at Neon, ExLight, & Storm* :eyes:
I mean you're not wrong. old habits die hard though. so I apologize for me and Ex multiposting even though you implied you would prefer not to

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
idk maybe you should read the new "sheep hack" article by macdougall on MU because the dissent if anything suggests vro isn't a threat (although it would do well t critically examine the way people are making those defenses). I understand why you scumread Vro I'm just not really sold on it myself.
Me and Mac are besties and I play with him often but we have badly different approaches to mafia and while he is far better than I could ever dream of being I do find I'm often right on things with my style. Enough so that at times when me and Mac work together he even listens to me.

How dare people try to steal my totally original read that I made up.

I actually have no clue if it used to be a read but even the old heads on MU have started calling it Abigail's Law which is pretty cool.

I very strongly stand against the idea that the third vote is most likely to be wolfier than any other though.

When did you make it up?

Cuz we were throwing that piece of mafia theory around the camp back on Px2 in 2008 when I first joined there.

Asfinyti

aka amber
yeah i remember the old px2 version which was third vote on the first wagon
which is moderately less effective when people know about it, unless everyone knows about it at which point its just wifom and fairly meaningless (imo)
i did use it or a similar idea in an in-person mafia game though once and pinned i think the entire scum team day 1 which was very funny to me

Princess Abigail

Storms "reads" post said literally nothing what is this bull****.
I feel bad for saying this and would like to rescind this statement however I will say that it made no sense to me and meant literally nothing to me personally.

I literally read it 3 times and did not retain any info that made sense to me about it. I kinda thought it was a meme and so I moved on. Generally speaking I read every post in a game and comment on the ones I find I have something to say weather just for memes or actual gameplay content and I did not feel compelled to because I just didn't understand the post. I suppose I could have asked for clarification but that didn't cross my mind at the time.

Clearly this is a me problem. Unsurprisingly since I'm kinda dumb.

Princess Abigail

as you wish, Abs.
You are surprisingly not the first person to call me Abs and I'm surprisingly not bothered by that nickname lol

Oh also numbers can keep calling me little asterisk cause that personal nickname between he and I also means a lot to me personally

Ok, I think I'm relatively caught up on events.

wrt to Neon's focus on Vro still, it's honestly subjective. Neon's approach has, and still, looks like how Neon has acted, with relative variance, in multiple games I've played with her now. Is this dismissive? Yes, because I do not view Vro's posts the same way. After all, it's subjective. Social deduction, with its interactions, are fine and dandy if that's what you want to pursue and use, but it's not an exact science. For example referencing the Jeep Tell as your personal way of finding scum more often than not may seem to work for you, but there's nothing that explicitly indicates scum are more likely than not to vote third on a wagon necessarily.

I won't be combative, strictly, over this because I, obviously, don't have any hard data to put out (I doubt most people do), and I expect Rag to comment appropriately over seeing data indicating anything about what is being said. Suffice to say, you throw people into a game (the larger it is the more anything can happen), and there is no telling why someone will do what they do without being in their mind or, at the least, having an active window into their thought process.

So, that being said, I don't particularly care for Neon's outlook on Vro in terms of "social deduction" to try and catch scum. I'd say there is more stock in the conversations revolving around figuring out who the Kingpin of Crime is wrt to timeframes and whether or not someone is likely to post around the same time or not (and that debate is its own thing no less). I will say that I do like Fred's approach to calling Neon out though over her engagements with people and reasons for some of her "social deductive" posts. That is, given the amount of content flooding out that can be read upon, for Neon to maintain a stance less than favorable to being able to read any one particular post by a player as the game goes on (any post made could be seen as an "opening" post that is ripe with content to interact with and socially deduce) does come off as scummy when taken into account how Neon can normally be (and hide behind that normal persona of hers). Hell, after the Tea Party game, I'd say there is definite merit given Neon actively lied in scummy ways despite her desire to try and appease most parties to the best of her ability (though one above all -- Monster).

wrt to players in the Unknown zone, I haven't the faintest clue what is going on or any rough opinion on it with exception to Tevish and Vro. I believe Storm commented to me about how it was funny that I made a post after people had talked about said situation surrounding Vro with Tevish's disappearance. My own personal experience, from being focused at times, has shown me that people with ulterior motives do distract by making scapegoats of others. I've got no personal reason to believe Vro was behind Tevish's disappearance, nor do I subscribe to any particular school of thought about timeframes for posting since I tend to view forum mafia as a place where people come and go as they please when able. I certainly treat it that way due to, as Storm so eloquently put it, "soul crushing work". Regardless, that's my outlook on Vro insomuch as I don't view him as any more likely to be the Kingpin of Crime than anyone else.

That being said, if the goal of today for most everyone is to come to a consensus on a single person, then something is better than nothing in most cases. I'd personally opt for inactives/people that haven't shown up yet as that allows for corrective measures, due to the arrest feature, should the person come back/be active and be town. This also has the added draw of hitting in a pool that I am always found of looking into when scumhunting as I always believe scum players, in general, will play it safe (powerwolves are the exception for obvious reasons -- lol DK and Cobalt .. they're not players here).

wrt to the Kingpin of Crime's posts, yeah, I would say it's code. The only people that I know of that constantly mess with code, though, is Rag and, by extension, Rubik probably because of Rag. That's strictly off of code though. Rag has never struck me as a player that is performative though. She's always been interested in solving more so than not (as town). As mafia, she's more likely to lurk (and the last SMM showcased that perfectly when she switched, due to death, into mafia and faked a posting restriction of being silenced to avoid talking). Given this, I'd say Rag is unlikely to be the Kingpin of Crime just as much as Rubik is unlikely to be due to being the Daily Bugle. Far more productive to eliminate who isn't as opposed to who is honestly.

As for the content within the posts themselves, idk what to make of it other than yeah, they're definitely reaching out to people. I saw the theory about mafiates being around multiple dons floated around. Would that be more likely as opposed to a single mafia in a game of this size? Again, comparable game would be the last SMM (or even the second one) where there only ever was one mafia along with other threats (I am counting the brainwashed town from the second game as being mafia for all intents and purposes since, ya know, there technically was only one mafia in that game).

I'm more interested in playing with stocks given that I'm slow to react due to rl work days, but it's w/e. That focus won't stop me from participating in the topics at hand though so keeping up shouldn't be a problem other than slogging through multiple posts and spam at times.

Princess Abigail

Name Changes: You are allowed one name change every six months. You must contact either Azure Sage, Jimmu, Spiritual Mask Salesman, or Vanessa28 via Private Message and have your new name approved. Any new username changes are restricted to the same character limit as the limited imposed when you sign up, that is 20 characters (including spaces). Additionally, if a user changes their username, another active forum member cannot take their old username within three months of the original holder of the username making the change
Oh dope thank you <3

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Ok, I think I'm relatively caught up on events.

wrt to Neon's focus on Vro still, it's honestly subjective. Neon's approach has, and still, looks like how Neon has acted, with relative variance, in multiple games I've played with her now. Is this dismissive? Yes, because I do not view Vro's posts the same way. After all, it's subjective. Social deduction, with its interactions, are fine and dandy if that's what you want to pursue and use, but it's not an exact science. For example referencing the Jeep Tell as your personal way of finding scum more often than not may seem to work for you, but there's nothing that explicitly indicates scum are more likely than not to vote third on a wagon necessarily.

I won't be combative, strictly, over this because I, obviously, don't have any hard data to put out (I doubt most people do), and I expect Rag to comment appropriately over seeing data indicating anything about what is being said. Suffice to say, you throw people into a game (the larger it is the more anything can happen), and there is no telling why someone will do what they do without being in their mind or, at the least, having an active window into their thought process.

So, that being said, I don't particularly care for Neon's outlook on Vro in terms of "social deduction" to try and catch scum. I'd say there is more stock in the conversations revolving around figuring out who the Kingpin of Crime is wrt to timeframes and whether or not someone is likely to post around the same time or not (and that debate is its own thing no less). I will say that I do like Fred's approach to calling Neon out though over her engagements with people and reasons for some of her "social deductive" posts. That is, given the amount of content flooding out that can be read upon, for Neon to maintain a stance less than favorable to being able to read any one particular post by a player as the game goes on (any post made could be seen as an "opening" post that is ripe with content to interact with and socially deduce) does come off as scummy when taken into account how Neon can normally be (and hide behind that normal persona of hers). Hell, after the Tea Party game, I'd say there is definite merit given Neon actively lied in scummy ways despite her desire to try and appease most parties to the best of her ability (though one above all -- Monster).

wrt to players in the Unknown zone, I haven't the faintest clue what is going on or any rough opinion on it with exception to Tevish and Vro. I believe Storm commented to me about how it was funny that I made a post after people had talked about said situation surrounding Vro with Tevish's disappearance. My own personal experience, from being focused at times, has shown me that people with ulterior motives do distract by making scapegoats of others. I've got no personal reason to believe Vro was behind Tevish's disappearance, nor do I subscribe to any particular school of thought about timeframes for posting since I tend to view forum mafia as a place where people come and go as they please when able. I certainly treat it that way due to, as Storm so eloquently put it, "soul crushing work". Regardless, that's my outlook on Vro insomuch as I don't view him as any more likely to be the Kingpin of Crime than anyone else.

That being said, if the goal of today for most everyone is to come to a consensus on a single person, then something is better than nothing in most cases. I'd personally opt for inactives/people that haven't shown up yet as that allows for corrective measures, due to the arrest feature, should the person come back/be active and be town. This also has the added draw of hitting in a pool that I am always found of looking into when scumhunting as I always believe scum players, in general, will play it safe (powerwolves are the exception for obvious reasons -- lol DK and Cobalt .. they're not players here).

wrt to the Kingpin of Crime's posts, yeah, I would say it's code. The only people that I know of that constantly mess with code, though, is Rag and, by extension, Rubik probably because of Rag. That's strictly off of code though. Rag has never struck me as a player that is performative though. She's always been interested in solving more so than not (as town). As mafia, she's more likely to lurk (and the last SMM showcased that perfectly when she switched, due to death, into mafia and faked a posting restriction of being silenced to avoid talking). Given this, I'd say Rag is unlikely to be the Kingpin of Crime just as much as Rubik is unlikely to be due to being the Daily Bugle. Far more productive to eliminate who isn't as opposed to who is honestly.

As for the content within the posts themselves, idk what to make of it other than yeah, they're definitely reaching out to people. I saw the theory about mafiates being around multiple dons floated around. Would that be more likely as opposed to a single mafia in a game of this size? Again, comparable game would be the last SMM (or even the second one) where there only ever was one mafia along with other threats (I am counting the brainwashed town from the second game as being mafia for all intents and purposes since, ya know, there technically was only one mafia in that game).

I'm more interested in playing with stocks given that I'm slow to react due to rl work days, but it's w/e. That focus won't stop me from participating in the topics at hand though so keeping up shouldn't be a problem other than slogging through multiple posts and spam at times.

i'm not reading this

Princess Abigail

When did you make it up?

Cuz we were throwing that piece of mafia theory around the camp back on Px2 in 2008 when I first joined there.
Recently lol but I've just assumed it was mine cause nobody on MU has really heard it before me.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
thats on me. i forgot to put a key
FOR FUTURE REFERENCE

CONFTOWN
TOWN LEAN
NEUTRAL
SCUM LEAN
SCUM
DEAD
UNREADABLE
DEKUNUT (HE PLAYS THE TROMBONE (IN MY MIND))

I already read it get rekt Rag. It was phrased well but used a lot of words to get across what I interpreted as "Neon is wrong and I am ambivalent to the validity of most of the recent arguments".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom