• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Is that not an impressive newspaper? or is that the norm for all previous spider game?

a little annoyed how i am away for 1 night and 10 pages of content came in. And not only that, they were quite dense and not that much spam.
so many things i want to type and response and speculate. But can't get myself to read every word posted so far : ( and i feel like a bunch of stuff i wanted to say is already covered.

- who bailed lain and why?
- any reason to disect those letters to editors?
- could Kingpin of Crime really make the mistake of posting in a similar time frame as his own account?
This is a good post!! o.o
- Whoever bailed lain might either wish to let it enact mechanically motivated vengeance on Norman Osborn, be indebted to its benefactor, or allow it to play the game here with us out of good spirit. I have no particular reason to think one is true over the others, but those are the possibilities I see. >.>
- One could conceivably attempt to determine the identity of characters from their posting style, search for hidden messages, or discuss their contents in the thread as a means of engaging with the Daily Bugle as a part of this game. :pp
- This topic is probably what I would consider WIFOM, someone could have posted at the same time to allow this very question to come up. I don't think attempting to solve the identity of sock account holders using time frames will necessarily be helpful. v-v

Princess Abigail

Resident Juice Sipping Icon
I haven't run the numbers or anything but i would guess lurkers aren't more likely to be wolves. If you have a game with 3 wolves and 9 town and you have 4 low activity players though, then you can expect one of them to be a wolf just as a matter of statistics. In my experience most players who lurk do so habitually regardless of alignment, and even players who think lurking might be a good strategy as wolf typically don't simply because they have more fun actively posting.

I do tend to lurk a lot more often as wolf, though thats because i find it both more stressful and less interesting. I know there are players who find town boring and wolf interesting, and I would guess such players are more likely to lurk as town. In my experience most people prefer playing wolf to town, so i would guess this makes town marginally more likely to lurk if anything
Well the thing is I do keep a lot of stats and since me and her talked about this I've been tracking it and it's actually pretty high that the top 3 posters are all town and the bottom 3 have at least 1 mafia in them. Like way higher than rand.

I've been excluding myself because I skew data lol

Princess Abigail

freddeh is mechlock town
rubik is soft mechlock town imo
I don't think anyone has struck me as particularly likely to be town specifically

KoD seems most likely to be the kingpin, who is likely to be a threat to town, and Exlight could also be a threat to town based on his attitude towards freddeh.

Of the two, I'd probably sooner vote for KoD right now, if only because i get the impression the information would be more useful.
I actually largely agree with how Ex has approached Freddeh

Princess Abigail

I'm just your average boy looking for love. Anyone wanna go on a date with me?
kinako-love.gif

Princess Abigail

Regarding stuff on Fred:

It's been talked about once before at least, but keep in mind that Fred ***is*** town aligned right now. Treating him like a threat isn't the right play even if he could become the GG later. Certainly keep tabs on him in case that is his intent, but like it's been said Fred can win with the town provided he's not in danger of losing. So long as someone else doesn't become the GG, he's ok. If someone does, then that player is a threat to Fred winning the game.

Regarding the Kingpin of Crime:

I'm not the Kingpin of Crime. Given that this is an origin game I'd, frankly, be surprised if the Kingpin was already in the game while some characters are not (though perhaps that is the case with the Kingpin of Crime running around, unless the name is a title for some run of the mill crime lord and not the actual Kingpin). Piggybacking off what Rubik said, lore-wise anyway, about how there is a lot of crime (opening scene gives that impression), it wouldn't be out of the park for someone to try to become the king of the pirates crime.

Regarding Vro/Tevish (and Vro/Neon):

The disappearance of Tevish after accusing Vro is a bit convenient for Vro. Though, given how hard stuck Neon is on Vro, I would hazard a guess that maybe Neon targeted Tevish to put a light onto Vro. Regardless, I don't think harping on Vro's opening is going to be *the move* that catches scum when there is a lot to analyzing players in the first place beyond a first post.
It would be really amusing if I had the ability to just remove people from the game in 2 of these things in a row.

Hell maybe this time I would not fumble the bag with my power.

Anyways. I disagree. I've caught scum off openings a million times before and Vro is self described as polarized.

Princess Abigail

I resent this post because last SMM there were two immortal mafia. So yeah, of course they were going to open wolf when they didn't stay dead.

It probably also didn't help that a lot of people that *could* have been town ended up turning into mafia due to their clone choices. So yeah, this is not a straight up honest comparison without context.

As for the request, denied. There are still a lot of people to actively engage with the content in the thread thus far.
I mean like part of that was me ****ing up I could have kept them down afair but also like know I fully stand by what I said we screwed up I would prefer not to screw up again

lolia-sip-juice.gif

Stop being so wolfy.
IMG_1721.JPG
Edit: To avoid multiposting.
I stand by all of my posts, even if they're considered sub-par by the rest of y'all. I don't typically post without reason, and I think all of my posts have good reasons to be there!! >.>

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Is that not an impressive newspaper? or is that the norm for all previous spider game?

a little annoyed how i am away for 1 night and 10 pages of content came in. And not only that, they were quite dense and not that much spam.
so many things i want to type and response and speculate. But can't get myself to read every word posted so far : ( and i feel like a bunch of stuff i wanted to say is already covered.

- who bailed lain and why?
- any reason to disect those letters to editors?
- could Kingpin of Crime really make the mistake of posting in a similar time frame as his own account?

newspaper was very well done and often is

I don't know who bailed lain out, but the obvious answers would be: one of lain's freinds, someone with a lot of money who wanted to see if anything happened, and someone who felt bad that they started the game in prison.

Letters to the editors all come from players and while the d0 ones are probably often going to be spammy they're probably still worth reading into just in case.

I would guess the average player would not be too worried about posting around the same time as their main account, particularly if its in a 30-player game and the middle of an active period. Its also why tevish's case isn't too strong, although i still think its indicitive.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
vroendal has been very aggressively breadcrumbing something i feel like so i should probably go back and see whats up there i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom