• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Amazing Fantasy: A Spider-Man Mafia Prequel [NIGHT 10--HIATUS]

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I'D rather not be, but it comes with the territory. Just let me rob banks and ill leave you alone XD
I mean, I'm planning to just vote Abigail today per her request and play the whole supervillain thing by ear for now.

That said, the newspaper has to publish the news. I can't stop it from doing so.

What does it mean to undermine you?

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
What does it mean to undermine you?
If someone tries to kill me and they survive somehow, i need to kill them or i dont win. Also whoever stole from me last night needs to be brought to justice. I habent the foggiest who it could be. I assume Black Cat, but it could be anyone who can use Theft

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Does this wincon apply retroactively? For example, if you were Origin aligned and someone stole from you, and then you became a villain, would you need to hunt them down to win? Do fights with various characters qualify as them undermining you?

Storm

Does this wincon apply retroactively? For example, if you were Origin aligned and someone stole from you, and then you became a villain, would you need to hunt them down to win? Do fights with various characters qualify as them undermining you?
I feel since the theft and my change were minutes away from eachother, yes.
And yes. If you came in guns blazing and i lost and you just took me to jail, it counts as an umbdermine, even if your intentions are not lethal

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
You believe that the theft directly caused your alignment to change?
What if a character fought you and lost? If the intent was to undermine you, but the intention did not succeed, would that also count as undermining? What about roleblocking?

Storm

You believe that the theft directly caused your alignment to change?
What if a character fought you and lost? If the intent was to undermine you, but the intention did not succeed, would that also count as undermining? What about roleblocking?
No. The pancakes i recieved night 2 from May Parker caused me to lose the cycle of shut a building down, ransom it, and fix it for a few hours
Roleblocks are fine. Attacks and attempts on my life only

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
Very well. I think I understand now. This has been most illuminating.
My final question.
Do you personally believe that you are a threat to the town?

Storm

Very well. I think I understand now. This has been most illuminating.
My final question.
Do you personally believe that you are a threat to the town?
My role says i am, i literally can just start running around and keep robbing banks getting wacked off the scooby snacks and leave everyone alone.

Just go easy. Nobidy wants flavor. Just facts. No tirade. No heavy opinions
1694144684642.jpeg
1694146980523.png

I'll note that the Daily Bugle is not typically known for its factual reporting, and have mentioned several times the need for money and letters to keep the paper running. I don't think it's a stretch to say that they're rewarded in some way for writing sensationalist articles.
Also, we don't know what Daily Bugle sales numbers are based on but just to be safe I would appreciate people liking the Daily Bugle posts just in case in has any effect.

We can barely keep this paper afloat.

Storm

I just dont want a smear campaign is all. It depends on who is writing the article in question. Irs probably Rubik or JJJ himself.

The Human Torch

Mafia Account
Mafia Account
I have reached an unfortunate conclusion.
Storm, your course will take one of two routes this game. You will change alignments and potentially win, or you will end the game outside of the active pool (jail or death). This is fact.

As a Threat to Town, you currently exist as an obstacle to the wincons of at least the Town and the Mafia, which are both publicly available. If permitted to remain as you are indefinitely, you will live in fear, skirting around the edges of the thread, until the thread (excluding Daily Bugle staff members) runs out of other options and votes you, or someone catches up to you and kills you, despite your potential defenses. In short, you are a ticking time bomb, and an ever-present liability to my own wincon. The bright side for now is that the traditional Mafia characters will not attempt to kill you, as it is likely that they will be killed instead, as the Crime Master was.

I offer an alternative: I will jail you now by initiating a fight with you and securing victory. I have reason to believe that you will be unable to harm me as I do this. An opportunity to redeem your alignment may be found in the future, at which time you will be taken under consideration, and possibly bailed out to enjoy your freedom and new lease on life. Until that time exists, you will remain in jail. If you bail yourself out it is incredibly likely that someone in the future will catch up to you and kill you. As the game goes on I have no doubt that more threats to your health will exist in the Active Pool. If someone else bails you out and no one comes forward I will assume it was KoD.
On that note, KoD, I do not consider myself to have a current quarrel with you. Do not bail out a Supervillain.

Storm, if you ever intentionally kill another player between this point and the rest of the game, I will personally burn you so thoroughly that not even the ashes will remain. If you refuse my offer, well, to be honest I'll probably attempt to jail you anyway, but I thought it would be fair to at least explain my reasoning. Do you accept my offer?

As a Threat to Town, you currently exist as an obstacle to the wincons of at least the Town and the Mafia, which are both publicly available. If permitted to remain as you are indefinitely, you will live in fear, skirting around the edges of the thread, until the thread (excluding Daily Bugle staff members) runs out of other options and votes you
Hey uh, Torch? What does this mean?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom