• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Alex's Timelines Theory.

Sooo........what's your timeline?

............/--WW/PH--ST
MC--OoT
............\MM--TP--FS/FSA--ALttP/LA--LoZ/AoL--OoX

So far anyway. That's going by the idea that Ganondorf didn't die at the end of TP. Though it seems like he did, its not clear, so, its not a very good piece of evidence for me to use. Either way, my timeline still would not change from that above.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
I've always believed Ganon died at several points: TLOZ, ALTTP, TP, and to some extent TWW. There is no doubt he was killed (as opposed to sealed) in TLOZ and ALTTP.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
............/--WW/PH--ST
MC--OoT

So far anyway. That's going by the idea that Ganondorf didn't die at the end of TP. Though it seems like he did, its not clear, so, its not a very good piece of evidence for me to use. Either way, my timeline still would not change from that above.

That's literally exactly what my timeline looks like. I believe that Ganondorf DOES die at the end of TP and then FSA introduces a new Ganondorf.

That's literally exactly what my timeline looks like. I believe that Ganondorf DOES die at the end of TP and then FSA introduces a new Ganondorf.

Right. Either way, my timeline would stand, whether a new Ganondorf was born after TP or not. I just choose not to believe that there was a new one. Really, it doesn't matter either way though.

V

Viral

I've always believed Ganon died at several points: TLOZ, ALTTP, TP, and to some extent TWW. There is no doubt he was killed (as opposed to sealed) in TLOZ and ALTTP.

He did die in TWW, the reason he turned to stone was to protect younger viewers from seeing a corpse with a sword in its head, as well as flowing with the games childlike nature.

Pinecove

Last Chance
............/--WW/PH--ST
MC--OoT

So you believe his spirit survived after TP to what we see in FSA?

That's interesting...

So you believe his spirit survived after TP to what we see in FSA?

That's interesting...

I actually don't believe his body completely died. After the final scene with him, he doesn't fall over. He just kinda, stands there, which would be impossibly if he were dead (and we're not talking about an E rated game like WW that had to dull down their death scene). So, I think that if they wanted to, they could have elaborated on his death more if it was indeed a death.

I'll admit that when I first beat TP, I argued for a long time that Ganondorf had died at the end of that game. Which is why I can go either way with it, and my timeline will not change. As of right now, though, and after more consideration, there's nothing that makes me want to consider him dead at the end because whether he's dead or not is unimportant. Ganondorf still exists in FSA, he is without the Triforce, and he is still a Gerudo. Those same things apply to Ganondorf at the end of TP as if there were a new one in FSA, its just that I choose to believe its the same guy.

He just kinda, stands there, which would be impossibly if he were dead (and we're not talking about an E rated game like WW that had to dull down their death scene).
Not if Rigor Mortis set in quickly :P

IIRC if someone is heavily excersizing before they die rigor mortis sets in quicker.

^
Actually after looking it up (I found something here: http://books.google.com/books?id=Xy...resnum=1&ved=0CAgQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=&f=false) "Any violent muscular exertion prior to death will produce a decrease in ATP and speed up the onset of rigor mortis, since no ATP is produced after death. Some factors that cause a marked decrease in ATP are violent or heavy excercise, severe convulsions, and high body tempatures. All of these factors may cause rapid onset of rigor mortis, with onset appearing within minutes, and, in some rare cases, instantaneously. The instantaneous appearance of rigor mortis is known as cadaveric spasm."

So, yeah, it's possible to die standing up if the rigor mortis were to set in instantly. Which is caused by violent or heavy excercise and high body tempatures. With the amount of running around and fighting Ganon was doing, I'd bet he was pretty hot, and he was definitely having a lot of violent and heavy excercise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaveric_spasm

Violent deaths with emotion. It may affect all parts of the body, but usually not. Typically they are even holding things (IE Ganon's sword, IIRC).

So I'd say it's completely possible (from my near uneducated guess lol) for cadaveric spasm to have rigor mortis set in instantly and have him die standing up. As long as he is in the right position and the body won't lose balance and fall over, anyway.

I think I win :P

He did die in TWW, the reason he turned to stone was to protect younger viewers from seeing a corpse with a sword in its head, as well as flowing with the games childlike nature.

I doubt that. Zelda games have never actually been for kids, and even though this one (WW) was more child-like in nature, I think he was sealed. There's no clear way to say he died. It's all speculation.

Same with TP. I don't think he actually died, but he just lost his ToP, but of course, it's pretty apparent that he may have died, and again, it's all speculation. (I mean, getting your neck snapped is pretty fatal)

Also, on a side note, what does IIRC mean? I see it everywhere, but could never figure it out.

EDIT: Good to be back on the timeline threads again. I couldn't post very much prior to any of this new info on ST. And also, I lost interest for awhile. But, I'm back now for some good debating.

Last edited:

Pinecove

Last Chance
I doubt that. Zelda games have never actually been for kids, and even though this one (WW) was more child-like in nature, I think he was sealed. There's no clear way to say he died. It's all speculation.

Um....that's not a theory, what Viral posted, it's fact. Aonuma said it himself...

Also, on a side note, what does IIRC mean? I see it everywhere, but could never figure it out.

If
I
Remember
Correctly.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Um....that's not a theory, what Viral posted, it's fact. Aonuma said it himself...

To be comepletely honest, I have never seen this quote by Aonuma so if someone could post a link to it, that'd be awesome. I'm sort of on the band wagon saying that I don't believe Ganondorf died in WW, but if I see this quote then it'll steer me in the correct direction.

Pinecove

Last Chance
I'm still trying to find it. It's hard on this computer because for some reason Google won't run on it so I'm stuck with using Yahoo.

I'm positive I've seen the quote though...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom