• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Art A Sage's Destiny

Well, here it is! Sign ups are still open, and I REALLY need more sign ups before the story can really progress. Thanks to those who did sign up. I will not be abandoning the Hybloods, and yeah, enjoy!

Prologue

The night was dark and cool. The stars gleamed like millions of small gems suspended in midair. Fireflies flew about, their own glow adding to the luminous display.

A girl sat quietly in the grass. She looked about twenty or so, sporting an eyepatch that anyone could tell she wasn't proud of. That didn't matter; this was the type of night in Hyrule Field when your troubles melted, and worry instantly became nonexistent. And yet, she was worried.

"Why am I lying here stargazing? Hyrule is dying, and here I am. I am the only awakened sage. Hyrule will fall apart if I don't get to work finding the Lost One," she thought to herself. Everything seemed to fall upon her shoulders. Finding the Lost One, avenging her mother's death. She almost shuddered at the thought of her mother's murder. She fingered her eyepatch nervously. What would she tell her?

"Jena, fear is only there to hinder you. To keep you from fulfilling your destiny. Don't ever let fear get in the way. Make me proud. I know you will," was what her mother would probably tell her. She would just have to follow that advice. She would jump over any obstacles in her way, and Hyrule would prevail.

Sorry for the length. Again, I need more sign ups! Here's a link. http://zeldadungeon.net/forum/showthread.php?19135-Sign-Ups! I don't remember how to change the text. Can't wait for your feedback!

Last edited:

amaterasu

Writer
You change the text by hilighting JUST THE LINK and then writing what you want to replace it. If the text isn't blue, hit Ctrl and Z at the same time to Undo and try again.

The fanfic is awesome. I almost asploded waiting!

You change the text by hilighting JUST THE LINK and then writing what you want to replace it. If the text isn't blue, hit Ctrl and Z at the same time to Undo and try again.

The fanfic is awesome. I almost asploded waiting!

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Hmm, sounds great, bt you could've done better with the wording, (Diamonds that seemed to be suspeneded in the sky, ect) just little stuff like that, and thankyou for telling me about this, and can Mirrom be an enhanced version of sheik?

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Yay! You have it up now!:D I'm just going to go read it now.:embarrassed::)

EDIT: Okay, I read it now and it's awsome!:D Can't wait to see more!;)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Can't wait for your feedback!
Aw, this made my day. :P You have guts, asking for feedback, other writers tend to leave that to chance, like me. Haha

Anyway, you started your story, and it looks great so far, few details but enough to let us know what is going on. I wish I could write small chapters like these, but that truly is not my style, and I hate myself for it because I really wish I could write something using this style. I can try though, and see what happens. For now, your story looks like it is heading in a good direction, and I have signed up for it, so I'll damn sure be keeping my eye peeled for updates. This story and several others I am a part of have become favorites in my books. Keep it up, theothernavi.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Chapters are the begining and the ending of life, telling no secrets, telling lies and yet unveil the complete truth, (i should put this in my siggy!)

Chapter One

Notice: I might be making minor tweaks with the characters, but I won't be editing anything major.

"Another fine day in New York," Sela thought. The sharp scent of car exhaust lingered in the air, along with the scent of the hot dogs cooking close by. Pigeons flapped about carelessly. Central Park was, after all, the pretty much the only place where they wouldn't have to worry about getting hit by a car. Things were calm for a change. All but at Nintendo World, less than an hour south of here, where nerds from all over the place had gathered to celebrate the impending release of "Ocarina of Time 3D."

"Oh hi, Sela," said a friendly male voice. She looked over her shoulder to see her good friend, Damera Tomahawk, walking near the finely trimmed hedges. She decided to remain seated on the stone bench.

"How was it?"

"Awesome. I've never seen so many 'Zelda' fans gathered in one place."

"What about all those chat rooms?"

"Those don't count. Duh!"

Sela laughed a little. She had considered Damera to be her "brother from another mother". He returned that by calling her his "sister from, uh, somebody". They did share a few things in common, one of those being the bizarrely long, pointed ears they both had. Despite his normality defects, Damera was a great person to be around.

"So, are you doing anything later?" he asked.

"No, I'm probably just going to sit at home and watch "Titanic". You?"

"Nothing. Mind if I come hang out?"

"Meh, why not?"

Later that day, Sela arrived in her apartment room. Her dad was on a business trip in Las Vegas, so even though she thought he needed an excuse to ditch his daughter and gamble, she was happy to have the place to herself.

"It's one o'clock, and Damera's coming at four thirty, so I'll watch it now," she decided. She sat through the whole three hour movie, only pausing for a quick trip to the bathroom. The movie ended, and no sign of Damera.

"I'll give it another hour," she thought. She waited for two hours.

Now Sela had a reason to worry. She figured she'd take a nap to forget about everything that was happening. Little did she know where she would wake up.

I know this isn't my best chapter guys, but the story will get better. Sign ups still needed. I could use some more girls signing up, since I have a lot more guys, but yeah, sign ups are still accepted.

Luigidude64

Suzune Supporter
Awww, you're adding in Zelda stuff, well this will make everything more beliveable to the main character as the story continues. . .

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Some parts were funny, and Damera never made the meeting, so something went on. And now she's fallen asleep and apparently will wake in another world, or another place or something like that. Short chapters like these are my favorite, keep it coming, it wasn't as bad as you think, and the story will get better as it moves on, that's always a fact.

Chapter Two

Sela opened her eyes groggily. She sat up in her bed. Somehow, she felt like something bad would happen. As she leaned up a bit more, she noticed something really wrong. She looked down at her bed. It was rock solid. Or rather, just rock.

"You're finally awake," said a voice. Sela averted her attention from her stone bed to the strangely dressed woman donning an eye patch sitting in her chair.

"Why are you dressed like a character from 'Aladdin'?"

"This is a Gerudo uniform, dumbass."

"Wait. Gerudo are from Zelda, right?"

"That's what you humans call Hyrule? Anyway... Jena's my name. Pleasure."

"Back up. Who are you?"

Jena laughed. "I figured you might not know. I'm a sage; Sage of Desert to be precise. You know what a sage is, I should think. Anyway, you're a sage. You have more power than you could ever imagine. You're able to use magic like what's his face. You know, with the lightning scar on his forehead... that's beside the point. You're coming with me, Sela."

"Wow, that's a hell of a lot to take in."

"Get used to it."

"Oh, and you were thinking of Harry Potter."

"That's nice. Now c'mon. To Hyrule we go!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom