• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Possible Conclusion?

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
So Skyward Sword is officially the first game in the LoZ timeline, but do you think Nintendo will ever make an official and ultimatley conclusive end to the legendary series? Or just keep it going forever?

short answer, no. nintendo will never officially make an end conclusion to the series. just like they stated that even tho skyward sword is the earliest game so far they arent saying its the first game just to always leave an opening for another prequel. i feel they will do the same with the opposite end of the timeline by also leaving it open ended. now my personal opinion is that it definitely deserves a proper conclusion eventually

How can you even create an ultimate ending for the Zelda series? The only ultimate ending would be Triforce being destroyed or Hyrule or something catastrophic, which doesn't seem like a Nintendo thing to do. Any other ultimate ending could be at the end of any Zelda game, even if it wasn't the last. Ganondorf has already died in Wind Waker and Twilight Princess, I may have to train my imagination before reposting in this thread.

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
I don't think the Zelda series will ever end but... there will be that point of time where Nintendo just remakes the original games like they did with OoT for the 3ds. I mean, lets face it, Zelda is a great series, but Nintendo isn't made of ideas.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
True. Kind of like how each generation of Pokemon has its cool ones but generally isnt as good as the rest, because theyre running out of ideas for them (but after over 600 pokemon who wouldnt?). I think the day the LoZ franchise dies, is the day Nintendo itself dies.

Ganondork

goo
Well, SS definitely is NOT the final Zelda game, seeing as there is a new Wii U Zelda game. But they shouldn't anyway, Zelda gets Nintendo too much to shut it down now. The day Zelda ends, the day I say "get out" to Nintendo.

Maybe a game that ties all the other games together. But not a game that would end the series as there will always be the possibility to add to the front or to the middle of the timeline. Even if it is in Link's Awakening style.

there will be a last game lets face it the series cannot go on forever but I do not think they will make a ending game because you never know if Nintendo will ever want to come back to the LoZ series.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
If Zelda dies Nintendo dies, its that easy. It would be like Mario dying. But Nintendos gotta go eventually, but they're not gonna say "okay, that's it for Zelda". That would be dumb. They'll just go away quietly. Hopefully not anytime soon though ;)

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Like I said before, Nintendo will probably just start remaking the classics for new systems anyway, but if Nintendo did make a "final" LoZ, they would go downhill. I mean, Loz, Mario, and Metroid are the biggest Nintendo game series so far, and the heros for these games don't look like they're gonna quit any time soon. Here's the possibilities I see out of this, 1. Loz is "fininshed" with one last game and another title takes its place, 2. Loz will become really lame because Nintendo runs out of ideas and only hardcore fans like myself and zeldahuman will play the new games, 3. Nintendo just completely ruins the series with a really bad twist (for example, Link never existed and all the games were just stories from a book), 4. LoZ lives forever because Nintendo manages to come up with even more ideas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom