• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A New Race In SS

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
(Note: I am unsure if this was already a topic, so i apologize if it is)

I was wondering what the reaction would be to a totally new race introduced in SS.

Of course a lot of us want to see Gorons, Zoras, and Gerudos (maybe even Kokiri) in the upcoming game, but what about a completley new race? Something different added to the game as well as the classic races we have come to love. It would be very interesting to see what Nintendo could come up with.

Personally, I would very much enjoy a new race being introduced in SS. The only thing about that is you would have to somehow explain the absence of them in later games.

I was just curious to see how everyone else would react to a new race making an appearance in Skyward Sword. :)

SamuRaichu

ICE CREAM IS DELICIOUS.
Maybe they will have more Ritos or Wataras(umm.. did i spell that right? they are from OOT manga series.)
or an angel race. or a Transform race.(like TP link, how he turns into a wolf.)

BRAINSTORMING!!!

Jedizora

:right:
The sword people. As in, The spirit of the master sword, and the other charecter,(Backround info, Based on what i'm writing, i believe the guilded sword to be a remake of a past sword) Who may be the sprit of the guilded sword. He does seem similar to it.

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
Maybe they will have more Ritos or Wataras(umm.. did i spell that right? they are from OOT manga series.)
or an angel race. or a Transform race.(like TP link, how he turns into a wolf.)

BRAINSTORMING!!!

It would be nice to see a race of "people" that could transform into various animals that represent their personality (Harry Potter reference ;)) This might also explain the origin of the skyward sword, maybe (s)he is different from the rest of his or her race, with the ability to become a powerful sword when wielded by those with the pure of heart, or something like that. This may explain how the master sword is the Excalibur of the Zelda series, with only our hero able to remove it from its pedestal.

Of course, this is all just brainstorming ;)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I guess we'll be introduced to the people of Skyloft unless you guys think they are Hylians before they actually merge with the land below. Maybe the sword people, if any, come from Skyloft. Who knows, I guess all I can do is wait.

Last edited:

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
I would love that But I really wish they would bring Deku scrubs back. I mean they where so cute in MM and OK in OoT. But if Gorons Zoras and a new race can be in SS so should the Deku Scrub!

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
I would love that But I really wish they would bring Deku scrubs back. I mean they where so cute in MM and OK in OoT. But if Gorons Zoras and a new race can be in SS so should the Deku Scrub!

Ah! How could I forget the Deku Scrub! I love them :) I hope they do indeed make their own appearance in SS, actually, that could work fairly well. Deku Scrubs should come back :)

Djinn

and Tonic
Honestly I do not doubt there will be a new tribe introduced in SS since every game since OoT has done this. However the last several were at least more plot specific to the game and were introduced for the villain of the story. Vaati, Byrne, and Zant were all introduced this way.

Each time before there was a new tribe made specifically for that game like the Twili in Twilight Princess, Minish in Minich Cap, and Lokomo in Spirit Tracks. And each one will very likely not appear in a future game since they were so importantly tied to the story of the game they appeared in. However Nintendo does like to add to the Goron/Zora idea of having a tribe meant for the specific location or climate they are found in. So very minor tribes like the Anouki, Oocca, Rito, or Subrosian are only there to have a little but more fantasy in the story by showing that there is a race of people living in this one region that they are perfectly adapted to. This will probably continue as well, but by now if they are still inventing new tribes things will become redundant since there is already an established people for almost every land region in or around Hyrule. there are now at least two different tribes that live in air, water, deserts, underground, forests, and in the cold. There is not much left for them to create, even the Twili in a strange otherworld has been touched upon with ALTTP's Dark World and the transformed inhabitants trapped there.

I would not mind seeing something similar to the Wind Tribe of MC again. They did not appear to be too different from Hylians but I thought they were an interesting group. Plus they are already an earlier established people that once lived on the ground that moved to the clouds, this does not sound too different from what we have heard of Skyloft so far.

?

:-)

Deku Scrubs... definitely! Those things are so cute! I'd also like to see something with oocca from TP. They seen to be time travelers or something. And I know they have something to do with the sky (they live there). I cant think of any new specific race that i'd like to see. Just something NEW and ORIGINAL would bee nice. Although the transforming race mentioned above would be pretty neat. A transforming deku scrub!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AllieHaxorNova

Nine Tailed Hannya.
Deku Scrubs... definitely! Those things are so cute! I'd also like to see something with oocca from TP. They seen to be time travelers or something. And I know they have something to do with the sky (they live there). I cant think of any new specific race that i'd like to see. Just something NEW and ORIGINAL would bee nice. Although the transforming race mentioned above would be pretty neat. A transforming deku scrub!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah Oocca was so weird that it was funny. I mean her feathers o_O to MUCH detail lol. But yes I agree I think both Deku Scrubs and oocains should come back in SS!!! :)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
That'd be pretty interesting. Personally, I don't think it matters either way, but it'd be pretty cool to see an entirely new race. We're already seeing hoards of new enemies. (And, as people before me said, the return of the Deku would be pretty cool, too.):yes:

Djinn

and Tonic
That'd be pretty interesting. Personally, I don't think it matters either way, but it'd be pretty cool to see an entirely new race. We're already seeing hoards of new enemies. (And, as people before me said, the return of the Deku would be pretty cool, too.):yes:

We are also seeing some interesting redesigns on some older enemies as well. The bokoblins that appear in the trailer look very different from all the bokoblins that have appeared before. And definitely much larger, before they have always been much shorter than Link. Now they tower over him, not including the huge one with the shield Link cuts apart in the second trailer. I liked the redesigns of the Zora and Goron in TP, and there are a few others I wish would have a slight change as well, especially to give them a bit more detail. The Deku scrubs could use a little bit of a graphics update, at least a little to make them not look so much like wooden octorocks. If the Koroks ever appear in some form again i would like a design update for them as well. Even if they are kokiri, I think something needs to change so that they are not perfectly Hylian looking in appearance and in clothing. I realize this was to make child Link of ooT to look exactly like them, but a separate wilderness tribe living in the forest should at least be slightly different.

I would also like a couple of the more intelligent monster races to be expanded on and at least made into tribes in some way. Even if they are not at all allied with the Hylians and are still an enemy. I think the Bulblin camp near the Arbiter's Grounds and the ones taking over the hidden village for themselves was a great example of this. As well as the Deku palace in MM. But I would also like to see some moblin and lizalfos homes as well. They have to be coming from somewhere, and when Ganondorf is not around to control them and make them into an army they have to be living and raising young in some place.

rockercjathere

The Helmaroc Queen
I think I'd be cool to see the Yeti's again or at least more of them.

I doubt that they will make the Yeti a full race - but it would be nice. Yeto and Yeta were probably some of my favorite characters from TP :)

We are also seeing some interesting redesigns on some older enemies as well. The bokoblins that appear in the trailer look very different from all the bokoblins that have appeared before. And definitely much larger, before they have always been much shorter than Link. Now they tower over him, not including the huge one with the shield Link cuts apart in the second trailer. I liked the redesigns of the Zora and Goron in TP, and there are a few others I wish would have a slight change as well, especially to give them a bit more detail. The Deku scrubs could use a little bit of a graphics update, at least a little to make them not look so much like wooden octorocks. If the Koroks ever appear in some form again i would like a design update for them as well. Even if they are kokiri, I think something needs to change so that they are not perfectly Hylian looking in appearance and in clothing. I realize this was to make child Link of ooT to look exactly like them, but a separate wilderness tribe living in the forest should at least be slightly different.

I would also like a couple of the more intelligent monster races to be expanded on and at least made into tribes in some way. Even if they are not at all allied with the Hylians and are still an enemy. I think the Bulblin camp near the Arbiter's Grounds and the ones taking over the hidden village for themselves was a great example of this. As well as the Deku palace in MM. But I would also like to see some moblin and lizalfos homes as well. They have to be coming from somewhere, and when Ganondorf is not around to control them and make them into an army they have to be living and raising young in some place.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Seeing more intelligent enemies in the game certainly gives the enemies a more intriguing aspect to them. It makes you want to learn more about the species. I very much enjoyed the bulblin camp - it gave more dynamics to these once average "monsters", turning them into an intelligent species. If we see more enemy development in SS, I would be very pleased. :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom