• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild 100%

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So what do you consider to be 100% for BOTW?

The game has it's own markup for 100% which is strictly marked on the map:
  • Dungeon Clear (Boss Defeated) = .08% x 4 = .32%
  • Korok Seeds = .08% x 900 = 72%
  • Shrine Discovery = .08% x 120 = 9.60%
  • Location Discovery = .08% x 226(?) = 18.08%
so in other words the game is tracking 1250 things on the map to consider it for 100%

but what i'm interested in aside from the above (courtesy of IGN) is what you all consider for 100%.

I think Compendium, armors, armor upgrades should be part of it plus inventory upgrades.

Zachie

Moo
It's less about what you consider to be 100% since as you said the game tracks its own 100%, the question should be:

What do you need to have collected to say you've completely finished the game?
It's a bit of a mouthful, yeah, but I feel that would cover the point of this thread a bit more than your own.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
It's less about what you consider to be 100% since as you said the game tracks its own 100%, the question should be:

What do you need to have collected to say you've completely finished the game?
It's a bit of a mouthful, yeah, but I feel that would cover the point of this thread a bit more than your own.

That's a fair bit more accurate :P Also gonna throw it out there, if you miss any boss photos go speak to Symin he sells them

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I also consider having all sidequests and shrine quest logged and completed to be part of the 100%. I actually didn't know the game wasn't tracking that until now lol. I consider having every key item as part of it as well, so all the medals for defeating all the overworld bosses and all the horse gear count for me.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Well really I just meant the bosses. I hate missable content, it discourages you from getting caught up in the moment. You shouldn't be punished for being awestruck by something like a cool setpiece or boss battle.

Didn't realise but there's a few things that can be missed and can only be gotten via symin, for example the master Sword

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
To beat the main quest, all sidequests, all collections inlcuing finding all ingredients and materials and animals, all treasures, all shrines, win all main prizes in all minigames etc. The list is loooooooong :P

Didn't realise but there's a few things that can be missed and can only be gotten via symin, for example the master Sword
Actually, if you do a selfie while wearing gear you can just spin the camera to get the picture. Just move it until the viewfinder lights up with it. You can also grab gear pics for stuff worn by NPCs. Some of my favorite compendium shots are done this way.

Last edited:

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Getting all the Korok Seeds is basically 100%, because if you can really suffer through the mind numbing boredom of getting all 900, everything else is small potatoes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom