• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Owl of OoT

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I love OoT, there was always just one thing that ticked me off in the game. That was the owl that stalked you pretty much and gave you pointless advice. Did anyone of you like the idea of that owl just randomly waiting for you to come and talk to you when you went even looking in the trees?

Originally posted by LinkandI
I. Hate. The. Freaking. Owl!! oh God! He was always there and so annoying! And if you tried to just skipp what he was saying and move on he would ask you if you wanted to hear what he had to say again and because you were madly pushing A to make him stop you would say yes and he would freaking start over!! MAN! I can't stand him! *deep breath* I'm sure he is helpful the first time you play the game but not after the second... Wow i feel better now.

I agree with you conpletely. I do the same thing all the time.

Originally posted by LANZZ
Who, Kaepora Gaebora? This olw is useful to person that play oot in first time.
You also can ride him if you return to (Kakariko Village from Death Mountain Crater) and to (Hyrule Town from Lake Hylia). He also appear at LA....

Yes, I meant Kaepora Gaebora. Sure, he helps you sometimes, but he is very annoying. You have to at least admit that.

Last edited:

Din Akera

Sniper
I. Hate. The. Freaking. Owl!! oh God! He was always there and so annoying! And if you tried to just skipp what he was saying and move on he would ask you if you wanted to hear what he had to say again and because you were madly pushing A to make him stop you would say yes and he would freaking start over!! MAN! I can't stand him! *deep breath* I'm sure he is helpful the first time you play the game but not after the second... Wow i feel better now.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
Who, Kaepora Gaebora? This olw is useful to person that play oot in first time.
You also can ride him if you return to (Kakariko Village from Death Mountain Crater) and to (Hyrule Town from Lake Hylia). He also appear at LA....

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
...madly pushing A to make him stop you would say yes and he would freaking start over!! MAN! I can't stand him! *deep breath* ...

I feel for you dude.
I did that all the time and every time youjust got more and more wound up.
The only way I managed it was to cool my head and do it slowly. Haha.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I actually LIKED the owl on my first playthrough when I didn't have a good walkthrough.

I only found out how annoying he was afterwards, when you already know everything. Other characters had dialogue that was somehow more meaningful and worth hearing again, but the Owl was clearly just giving hints. The only messages in the game that were less interesting to hear again were the Gossip Stones after you've heard them already.

Ikana

Trollkastel
He was okay the first time you played the game.But when you played it a second time he is very annoying.Luckily in MM he only appeared twice in the whole game.

GerudoDesert

I love being gay.
Since Kaepora Gaebora was originally a sage. And, believe it or not, They had originally made a Wind temple just for K.G, along with a Light Temple of Raurur

Anyway, K.G wasn't annoying. Especially for me. It is your(generally speaking) own fault for continuously clicking the "A" button until the options come up just to end up clicking " Listen Again ". I mean, back then before guides and walkthroughs, you really needed to pay attention to all the red, bolded words because they helped most of the time. And so did the characters in general.

43ForceGems

Quid est veritas, Claudia
Well, he wasn't helpful the first time I played the game because I was 2. So....... Now he's just STINKING ANNOYING!!!!!!

And sometimes he'll say
Do you want me to repeat what I just said?
Yes
No

And others he'll say

Did you understand?
Yes
No

So you push no to not repeat, and yes that you understood. He switches it just to tick us off our limits. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Simple. Press B. Move Down. Press A. Watch him fly away.

I don't find him that annoying anymore. My girlfriend yelled at him to shut up when he was lecturing her though so I guess he gets annoying.

Tom

Note: I lost my whole post due to the so called forum issue that somehow disconnects you from the forum.
Seriously, how many threads about how much you hate Kaepora Gaebora have you already posted?
Everybody can see you totally dislike it and gee, someone should actually sell T-Shirts saying "I HATE THE OWL FROM OOT!!!". This would turn a random nobody into a millionaire.
Yes it's an irritating character, so what? Deal with it, lol.

Austin

Austin
Since Kaepora Gaebora was originally a sage. And, believe it or not, They had originally made a Wind temple just for K.G, along with a Light Temple of Raurur

Kaepora Gaebora wasn't Raaru? When the game told me he was a reincarnated sage I took it to mean that he was the light sage, given that he was the only one who wasn't in Hyrule beforehand. Weird... anyway, to answer the original question, the tutorials he gave weren't what annoyed me. As many people have said, the "yes" and "no" options were arranged in such a way that if you kept pressing A to get through it, you'd end up having him repeat it.

I don't understand the logic behind that. Obviously, if you're skipping through it, you don't want to hear it again.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom