• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Super Smash Mafia - Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
As I stated earlier, I also think the other third party might be a Dreaming God. As for what character, I'm at a loss at well. Only character that comes to mind is Lucario, but I'm not really sure. Also, back in the Mafia 9 game a long time ago, I was the town commuter. The name of the role was never openly stated, but that was basically what I was. I could hide at night and be free from all actions against me, whether good or bad. I could also not post again in the thread during the day because I was still hiding until someone asked me, by my name, to talk. And if I had been hiding and someone asked why I'd been gone I couldn't lie. I either had to claim or not respond at all. It doesn't really mean anything, but just wanted to point out that the commuter role can definitely be town.

I just wanna say that's a really clever way to nerf a town commuter, whereas 3rd party can do whatever they want iirc. I like it.

Also I completely missed where you mentioned a DG. (I'll go look for it so you don't have to repeat yourself. c: )

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
You know, a part of me does think that it's very likely that this whole thing with Poka really was one big mistake. Viral made a good point about the mafia possibly thinking Fused was the other mason; Fused's attitude toward Koki on Day 1 definitely made ME think he was the other mason at first. I'd forgotten about that. Besides, it's not like Poka's made any other scummy moves since then, and he's been working diligently to defend himself.

But despite this... again, whether Poka is Town or Mafia, I think his death will give us some idea of where to look next. So that's why I'm sticking with my vote for the moment. But by all means, if we come up with a better lead, I'd be quite happy to reconsider.

Yeh, I figured as much. I realize that there's not much I can say to defend myself, in fact your reasoning is similar to how I play, even if we risk losing a townie we still need to move forward, never stagnant.

The best thing I can do is probably dig through one last time tomorrow and look for anything off, maybe I can find a better target, idk, we'll see :).

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
Actually, the wiki says almost all commuters are Town-aligned: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Commuter

Don't worry, I had someone correct me in the same way... in this game...

o

EBW

GDL, I didn't see you mention a dreaming god. Mind finding it for me? (sorry if I'm blind and I missed it!)

EBW again

LG: Who are you most suspicious of? I'll tell you if you tell me :)

Definitely JC. My main thing right now is that he keeps pursuing MF. I believe MF's commuter claim, and so the way he keeps pressuring MF and saying cop should investigate him to waste an investigation is really rubbing me the wrong way. He also keeps/kept targetting the "easy" players, so to speak, such as Poka and Fig.

Another thing is that at the very beginning of Days 2 and 3 he was restating what other people were saying. (I swear if I quote one thing wrong i'm going to freak out because there will be no way to fix it...)

So Vig killed Koki (hopefully he/she didn't make themselves too obvious to the Mafia) and if seems the SK targeted Alit. However it seems like someone else targeted Alit:

The SK, who I assume is the Villager (mainly because of the reference to going back to his village), left the room where Alit was and then Mafia entered the now empty room with no target in sight. Basically Mafia attempted to NK Alit as did the SK. I'll post some more tomorrow, possibly on the preceeding day.

I suppose it's not fair saying he's restating the vig thing because only a couple people posted before him that day, but I find it odd that he got the mafia action wrong. I guess it would be easy to misread the night scene though, but could have been just trying to throw people off by getting it wrong?

MF, your actions on Day one were slightly off. Seeing as a few people have raised an eyebrow at you, what is your response?

I feel like he's not even trying here. "your actions are slightly off," that could mean anything. He could have been way more specific about this. "You did X, which I think is scummy." Also, note that this is to MF. I've already said that I believe MF, I've also said that mafia would most likely try to lynch the commuter. hmmmmmmm

As much as I considered zooming in on MF, Pokalink's quick response to join the lynch seems out of nowhere. Then again I've seen Poka go with gut instinct before, so this isn't entirely out of character for him.

MF, your vote on the previous day really confused me. I thought it was kind of obvious what Koki was trying to do and I brought light to this in case people started to jump on the lynch. You kind of dodged that though and said you voted mainly because he used a WIFOM situation. Can you at least explain why that's lynch worthy? I'd also like you to state your reasoning for baiting the Mafia Role Cop to target you specifically. Why not bait the Mafia kill? Why would the Mafia Cop fall for this?

k well I guess he elaborates here, but like... he could have said that earlier. You know, BEFORE he took everyone else's accusations. :P Also note how he defends Poka. Now he hounding him. jsin

Anyone notice Fig voted for Pancake but then removed it near the end of the day?

Offhandedly throwing suspicion onto Fig. Possibly indirectly starting a bandwagon? We now know Fig is town. JC could have wanted this. Perhaps a possible mafia role cop happened to target Fig?

Ah ok, it's just that you seemed very suspicious of him even after Unvoting. It was as if you were still pushing for his lynch without actually voting, which would kind of allow you to slip under the table and go unnoticed if he was mislynched.

Still making Fig sound sketchy while ending the conversation so Fig didn't have much to respond to.

I'm here and I'm voting for MF (officially... Vote: MF)

I was stepping back on this decision to see if MF could probably justify what I thought were odd actions on Day One that seem sort of out of character in a way. I don't like his vote on Koki one bit, especially when I thought it was obvious what he was doing. I don't buy his reasonings either, and the way he drawed attention to himself, via the Mafia Role Cop, was just, again, odd. Not much to go on today, but I'm set with this lynch.

Just gonna leave this here.

Ugh I'm torn between voting between MF and Pokalink at the moment.

We need some perspectives on this. Viral and Leslie, what are your thoughts?

The easy targets. Note the inactives that he calls out. Leslie barely posted (and then last minute joined the Fig wagon). Viral is only just now becoming more into the game, but at the time he had hardly posted. He didn't call on Heroine or Mizuki or Da Vinci or Vergo or Fly or Stitch or Thareous. Why specifically those two? Are there other mafia hiding among the people barely contnributing (I'm mainly concerned about everyone but Heroine because she's just now getting into the game (i'm so proud of her, contributing this much on Day 3 :kawaii: ))?

...after that he has a weird obsession with Fig's character and possibly him killing koki and Fig's lynch (that he may or may not have indirectly started).

Err Thar, in reference to your post about GDL, do you think it's possible his knowledge of the SK came from the Mafia Role Cop?

Offhandedly casting suspicion on GDL, another person I think is town. Purposely sowing more seeds of doubt in people's minds? Perhaps the possible Mafia Role Cop did indeed confirm GDL as town roleblocker and he's still trying to get him lynched?

Right now the main people who I'm suspicious of are:

Pokalink, see my vote; BlackKirby, seems to be avoiding discussion until when I called him up on it; DekuNut, err this one I have nothing to back up on just yet; Musicfan, see previous day and I think we should still be wary despite his claim.

Poka, easy target. (I'm honestly not sure what I think of him, he does act suspicious imo but JC's persistence of him throws me off. I'm considering a Usurper role.) Kirby, I don't see how Kirby's avoiding discussion, he regularly posts his thoughts. That's just nothing on Deku sooo. And, the lovely MF, of course. I think the latter 3 are town because of this, or in MF's case, at the very least not harmful. Possibly hypothetical MRC on Deku as well? (is their cop 1-shot? Mine was in KI mafia. Anyway now that I'm thinking about it if MRC is 1-shot then I'm thinking it was used on Deku and Deku might have some sort of powerful PR.)

But, if he is who he claims, then there wouldn't be a result from that.
If he's Town then it's pretty obvious he's telling the truth. A Townie fake claiming at this stage would be really stupid (sorry, only word I could think of, lol). Of course this means nothing if he's the GF, but there's always that slight chance with the Cop.

The Cop should never come out to confirm a player, they should only come out if they get a guilty result. So, if MF is investigated, and the Cop doesn't claim, we move on with that in mind and suspicion on MF drops completely. However, if the Cop states they got a guilty result then we know what to do. All of this works out in theory, but they're plenty of things that can go wrong, but that's a risk we always have to take.
This... isn't really answering the question, imo. (i know there wasn't a question but I feel like this response doesn't fit with the quote paired. And it might just me but it makes little sense. If it's day 4 and the godfather is dead, Cop should definitely come out and say the people they can confirm as town so they can narrow down mafia more. And, since I believe MF is the commuter, the cop would just be wasting an investigation.

One final thing... The whole Koki ordeal.

And MF, I think this is something we should discuss tomorrow. I have a feeling what Koki is doing, or at least attempting to do.

I feel like he's purposely making Koki's claim thing sound very suspicious, which contradicts this post here:

Ahh my bad, I was trying to divert attention away from you, namely MF.

where he says he was trying to get attention away from it. I feel like if he was trying to get attention away from it he could have just said nothing. Also if he knew Koki's intentions, as he said the post before it:

Just curious, but was your tactic, the slight claim an all, to avoid a Mafia attack? Because that's what I thought you were doing, which is a shame why the Vig targeted you, but oh well mistakes happen.

why didn't he say so? Why be all ambiguous about it instead of mention support for it, like fused did? And another thing, why was there even a need to draw attention away from it? If he wanted to protect Koki he could have supported it instead of "I no what ur doin :`v`:"

Go_Dark_Link

If there ever was one
o

EBW

GDL, I didn't see you mention a dreaming god. Mind finding it for me? (sorry if I'm blind and I missed it!)

Shhhh don't tell everyone my secrets! :P
Anyway, with 5 mafia I agree it's more likely that there is both a RB and a Cop on their side, plus the GF. Hopefully the other two are just normal mafiosos. And if that information was revealed to us, then what kind of role could do something like that? I'm not sure how exactly it works, but could it be a Dreaming God? Maybe that's the other third party. But this is just me speculating.

It was just a speculation since I thought it was possible. I also wanted to say something on the rest of your post on JC but I feel it is so late I probably won't make any sense. For now I'll just say I found your arguments very sound and say the rest tomorrow.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I will confirm that I am the commuter.

And justa I think you should be investigated because you are leading the town.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I'm still here, but I don't have much to say. I guess if we are torn between two then we can always ask the SK or Vig to get the second if we lynch the first.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
LittleGumball said:
Definitely JC. My main thing right now is that he keeps pursuing MF. I believe MF's commuter claim, and so the way he keeps pressuring MF and saying cop should investigate him to waste an investigation is really rubbing me the wrong way. He also keeps/kept targetting the "easy" players, so to speak, such as Poka and Fig.
You're really hanging on to this Musicfan thing and I'm finding it quite annoying now. Soft claiming doesn't give you a free pass to be subject of no more suspicion - Mafia doesn't work like that. As soon as Music claimed, I backed off and went for the next best alternative--Pokalink. It's true that I would have still liked to have lynched MF, but his claim give made me think twice as now it became a situation where a mislynch on a claimed player would be incredibly stupid.

I always like to trust people in Mafia games, but half claimed players have that ere of doubt over there head. MF being investigated is the logical way to settle this dispute and it's not scummy, odd, out of character, or tactical. It's perfectly logical that the Cop would investigate MF, he's not fully confirmed yet. Although, remember, MF usually claims at odd times and usually when he doesn't even need to claim. You could argue that's the same case here; however he claimed at a time when he was in trouble and he claimed the most obvious role, The Commuter. We had literally just established there was a commuter and you think there is nothing strange about that? Either way, this is something of like the Cop to investigate, for one, my own peace of mind, and two, to potentially uncover someone who is fake claiming.

Though, I'm surprised by your playstyle this game. You haven't really voted all that much. Mostly you've sat on the fence and critiqued others votes and posts. The only reason I bring this up is because it's very similar to why I had a suspicion of Thar in Members vs Mods and he turned out to be scum. Oh and another thing, you pressured me so much about the Pokalink thing yet how come you're not questioning anyone else who's voted? You seem to really homing in on me this game as if you want me lynched.

EBWODP

Err vote count pls

Last edited:

Musicfan

the shadow mage
However I also hinted at my character.

You acted weird when I soft claimed. Even when I said the phrase was not a serious accusation towards you.
I'm open to being investigated.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
However I also hinted at my character.

You acted weird when I soft claimed. Even when I said the phrase was not a serious accusation towards you.
I'm open to being investigated.
I acted like that for the simple fact that your claim was incredibly cryptic and I doubt most people even noticed it until you stated that you had. I unvoted you when this was established as I didn't want to mislynch, what's weird about that? You're not fully confirmed, Music, which is why I want the Cop to investigate you. Simple.

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
I honestly dont think music should be incestigated i dont want to sound very deffensive here but i trust his claim and if we investigate music and he ends up commutter we have wasted the investigation.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
I acted like that for the simple fact that your claim was incredibly cryptic and I doubt most people even noticed it until you stated that you had. I unvoted you when this was established as I didn't want to mislynch, what's weird about that? You're not fully confirmed, Music, which is why I want the Cop to investigate you. Simple.

I'm not talking about not noticing the softclaim.
I said something along the lines of"but in all seriousness..."
Then seemed that you took it as a personal insult.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I agree with Kirby. I trust Music's claim, and a cop would be useless for a commuter investigation. You couldn't be sure if they found a commuter or were roleblocked.
And Celeboy? I like your idea about the vig and SK, except for two things: if they aren't voted for, then less people will find them scummy obviously. Maybe suspicion will have moved on by the end of the day. Maybe even the vig would consider the survivor(s) town. Also, I doubt the SK would be happy to lend a hand to the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom