• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Were You Introduced to Zelda?

Skywaker

Cheese & bacon potato
I'd like to thank Heroine of Time for convincing me to buy a Zelda game :D! I found the series interesting (my dad had played it when he was younger).

The nephew of my aunt's husband, a sort of cousin of mine, got his Nintendo 64 and one day when I went to his house, I saw him play Ocarina of Time. I saw the final battle with Ganon and thought to myself how much I want to play it. I got myself the game for Nintendo 64 and I grew to love every moment of it.
That's how I became introduced to Zelda.

HyruleLove

Twilight Princess
It was the year 2009...Spirit Tracks. I bought it for my new boyfriend, who wanted it for Christmas. He came over to visit me in Puerto Rico, and I gave it to him. He finished it in 2 weeks. Later on that month, he had a freak accident -__- im not even kidding. He broke his shin to the extent the bone shot out of his skin. So while I was with him after his surgery, I picked up Spirit Tracks, and fell in love with the Zelda series xD .Since then my goal has been to play each one, and atm I only need the Oracle games to have beat them all :P Oh, and now hes my fiance xD and we play Zelda together all the time!

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
My brother either bought or borrowed Majora's Mask from a friend (I can't quite recollect which it is) in the early 2000s. As he played through it, I'd watch with a developing interest and I taught myself what to do through observation. I didn't learn how to use all the controls for the masks and such, but by the time I was fully trusted with the game I knew exactly where everything was. I even knew how to complete most of the sidequests. In short, I'd grasped basically all the fundamental secrets of the game before getting serious about the main quest.

For the longest time I wasn't even following the story. I'd just mess around in certain areas, rolling around Termina Field while wearing the Goron's Mask, or sailing beneath Great Bay with the Zora's Mask on. But when the time finally came where I was committed to beating Majora, my knowledge was still insufficient, so I consulted with a number of MM walkthroughs from unofficial Zelda sites and used all that information to hone my skills and eventually vanquish that mischievous Mask.

My sister used to get a Zelda game every year for Christmas, I thought she was crazy
But of course, sometimes I'd sit and watch her, and be jealous. And soon enough I was sneaking in her room and playing them for hours and hours only for her to walk in, furious
Now she's moved on from gaming and I'm the nerd of the family :) I'll never forget the first dungeon I ever beat. It was Dragoon Roost Cavern in the Wind Waker on New Years Eve, ahh such great memories this series has brought me
It wasn't until I began to connect the dots and do my own research that I realized Zelda was something more than sailing on the Great Sea. I realized there were more games, more stories, which of course all fit into one giant story/timeline that blew my mind at first. I was actually able to understand it relatively quickly, and I loved it. I couldn't get enough. It's funny that I started with Wind Waker, as I didn't start the series with a true Hyrule experience. When I finally played Ocarina of Time it felt so awesome to be in that open "lost Kingdom of Hyrule".
It was faith how everything worked out for me ;)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
This is but one of the legends of which the people speak...

It all started before the chosen one existed. This guy had this NES and for some unknown reason, his mom bought him this game, I think you've might of heard of it, The Legend of Zelda. Years later, with the power of the triforce, the one and only; Turo602, God among Gods, Batman, man of many names, comes to light with a pop, and for some strange reason plays this golden cartridge, and may he dare say it....liked it. The feeling was sensational, it was new, it was...interesting. The land was vast and not fully explored, the music was like nothing he ever heard, the concept was amazing...but that all came to an end. It was merely a game, nothing more. Time went on as this naive young boy destined for greatness forgot about this relic and stayed unaware of its continuous presence in Hyrule. It was until he heard the Winds call to him, when he found his destiny. He opened that chest, and DUN DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUUN!!! You got the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time Master Quest! You can press B to play it while waiting for the release of The Legend of Zelda The Wind Waker. And it wasn't until that young boy became the age of the hero, that he fulfilled his destiny.

Last edited:
I was born in 1987 and I had AlTTP on the Snes when it was new, I remember unpacking the box so whenever it was released is when i played it... Not a great story but a lucky one. Aside from Super Metroid (since i can't remember when that came out either) Alttp was the first game that I saw rain in and it wowed me, I played it with such a young mind that i didn't really understand what i was doing, what was going on or why but it was wonderful to play and i never got bored of it, every time i played it found something new. However at such a young age i didn't know what Zelda was and so i didn't know what to follow and my mind couldn't handle the idea of sequels and i thought every game was different. I was lucky enough a few years later to score an n64 with Ocarina of Time, i still didn't know what it was but it reminded me of that game with the boy in green and the title sounded familiar, and after ebing blown away by OoT i started researching and found a whole new world. =]

M

mrRobertman

i first played majora's mask , but i just messed around in clock town. and when i got older, i played games on the gameboy and the gamecube, but never really tried to beat them. I really started to beat them and try to complete everything in could do in the games since about 2 years ago:). and right now, i want to complete the 2d zelda games (I'm playing Link's Awakening:):)).

Kyros 676

The Ultimate Hero
When I was about 4 My friend told me he got a new game called zelda, and he wanted me to help. He was stuck in a dungeon in im pretty sure links awakening. I helped him out but never gave a thought about the game. Then when I was 6, I went to my cousins, and the older one showed me OoT. I Fell In Love. I remember rolling around on my living room floor pretending to fight King Dodongo...

How i was introduced to zelda hmmm takes me back :lol: if i remember right when i was about three years old and playing on the old school Nintendo i was born in 1995 by the way my dad brought in a bunch of cartridges being the curious kid i was i picked up the gold and poped it in i started playing died a lot and gave up this was how it was with every zelda game first one i beat was ocarina of time in 200 i think then after that i started pushing all the zelda games out of the way because i have been beating them :D haha

haha that's cute XD sorry i had to say that what i used 2 do is i would get the sheild and sword i got from an arcade with tickets got a green nightcap on and put on all green and run around slashing at the air ahhhhh good times XD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
B-but, I'm Van the AW. :kawaii:

Anyone else think that being introduced to Zelda regardless of how was one of the best things that has happened to you? Because I do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom