• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 11: Xcution Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
Since yesterday I've had a diffuse suspicion on Zenox (I voted for him yesterday), but I couldn't quite put my finger on what it was.

Not to confirm anyone's suspicions that we're working together, but I thought the exact same thing. I A) Didn't know how to word it and :cool: Didn't think it was all that worrying, just worth noting.

Two things, one to address your concerns. I post my thoughts, no matter if someone else has the same thoughts or not. If someone else has the same thoughts, I quote what I agree with and elaborate. I reference almost every game of Mafia at ZD ever. Where Wyatt and I normally have the same thought process and evidences that stick out to us. In every case at ZD I've been a townie. In more than half the cases at ZD, Wyatt ended up stabbing me in the back and turned out to be mafia, most notably Mafia 2 where he used me to eliminate the Serial Killer and got me lynched the next day.

Now, to the first bolded statement. Why do you feel the need to protect yourself from something when no one attacked you at all? Darknut simply said it is kinda suspicious. So he wasn't truly against you, and you bounce back so quickly to make a statement. Also, you made that statement against hero of Time, not darknut. Which makes no sense. That's quite suspicious in my eyes.

To the Second statement:
if you have been town in ever mafia game, then I wouldn't be to surprised if Durion wanted to give you a chance and let you be scum for a time.

This post by TMS made me more suspicious of Zenox. I would very much like a good defensive response from him soon.

Actually, you can. :) If he's always been townie, he generally has the same play style or same overall pattern as the last games. If the style is the same, you can assume that the player is as well. It isn't a perfect defense, but it can and does work. I can say that Zenox has been playing very similar to his past few games, all of which had him with town roles. His style hasn't really changed, and I don't find him extremely scummy. I am suspicious of him, as I am with all players, but nothing is setting off scum vibes in my mind.

This statement by David might have made me a little less suspicious of Zenox, but still, I want a good defense from him.

FoS: Jedizora

Vote: Zenox (for now)

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
Hey guys, I'm going on vacation for the next 4 days and may or may not have computer access, (most likely not,) soooo... I won't be able to post a lot anymore (not that I really was :p buuut the point is if I don't have access I won't at all.) Therefore, I'm not gonna vote on anybody because if it gets to a point to where I would want to unvote I won't be able to. I do have my suspicions, though, on both Zenox and Jedizora (Zenox maybe not as much as Jedi. but still. just a bit. Jedi's attempt on Thaerous was pretty lame, which makes me think he's scum just looking for a reason to lynch town. Plus, he's been inactive, randomly showing up out of the blue...)
Zenox, mainly because of his stating he's always been town (what's he trying to prove?) acting defensive when nobody's really accused him, until now anyway. But it's not much to go on and he may still be town. Scum radar isn't going off thaaaat much.

And like I said I'm not voting due to lack of internets. :3

Now, to the first bolded statement. Why do you feel the need to protect yourself from something when no one attacked you at all? Darknut simply said it is kinda suspicious. So he wasn't truly against you, and you bounce back so quickly to make a statement. Also, you made that statement against hero of Time, not darknut. Which makes no sense. That's quite suspicious in my eyes.

Uhh, because I'm not ********? If you've seen any of my other games, you'd know that I defend against anything that I have an answer to. Darknut said it was suspicious that we were working together. Duh, I'd at least say something about it if I was going to post about sharing similar thoughts with Hero of Time. That would be ignoring accusations.

To the Second statement:
if you have been town in ever mafia game, then I wouldn't be to surprised if Durion wanted to give you a chance and let you be scum for a time.

That's godmodding. That's against ZD's modding rules. While it's impossible to check if Durion did it for this game, I can assure you I'm townie this game. I've been mafia at other forums, we just finished a game where I was Godfather. (granted the game lasted one day and was shut down by the moderator) I've never said I've been a townie every game as a way to defend myself, because I know it's simply a coincidence.

Finally, SO FREAKIN WHAT THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN A TOWNIE?! This game is different from all the others you've played so you can't just use this as a tool to pass yourself off as a townie.

Quote when I've ever said that I've always been a townie in regards to my defense.

TMS just brought back one of my earlier posts and I disregarded your response at the time but recently you've been playing aggressively and that kinda plays back to this.

I reference Star Trek Mafia, where I was Data, the Townie Jack-of-all-Trades. I play extremely aggressive to the point where the game mod has to tell me to stop. In that game, Justeazy, Kybyrian and I got into a swearing contest due to the fact that Justeazy hardly defended against my accusations, and I knew for a fact that he was mafia (turned out not only was he mafia, he was the godfather) Check any one of the ZD games that I played in, and you'll find that in every game, there is one point where it reaches a point where I begin to verbally fight with another player. (I'm not trying to say that it's right to do these things, just that this is not uncommon for me)

EBWODP:
If you're questionable about that last paragraph, David was the game mod of that game. He can confirm this.

David

But you called me here...
I reference Star Trek Mafia, where I was Data, the Townie Jack-of-all-Trades. I play extremely aggressive to the point where the game mod has to tell me to stop. In that game, Justeazy, Kybyrian and I got into a swearing contest due to the fact that Justeazy hardly defended against my accusations, and I knew for a fact that he was mafia (turned out not only was he mafia, he was the godfather) Check any one of the ZD games that I played in, and you'll find that in every game, there is one point where it reaches a point where I begin to verbally fight with another player. (I'm not trying to say that it's right to do these things, just that this is not uncommon for me)

EBWODP:
If you're questionable about that last paragraph, David was the game mod of that game. He can confirm this.

Yeah, I can confirm that. That was a way fun game, and that game started the ban on pure godmodding here at Zelda Dungeon.

I think that Zenox's defenses are sufficient to remove any current strong suspicions.

Oh and Vote: Darknut_hunter. Should have done voted before to raise the tension to see what happens.

Darknut_Hunter said:
When I made that comment I simply noted the closeness of you and HoT and since then you both have not made much talk between yourselfs. I'm not sure if I struck a note but it seems to me that you avoided my suspicions by addressing them (if that makes sense).

I suppose I'll reply to this since my name was mentioned. First of all, you're original comment didn't really make sense. "Zenox and Hero of Time both have good positions"? I can't even decipher what you were saying there, but apparently now you're saying that that was supposed to mean that you thought we were working together? Yes, we have agreed on a few things, but we're both experienced players and I have no reason to think he's scum as of now; why wouldn't we work together at times?

You've been acting rather strangely today. All you've really done is attack Zenox, and he's defended himself against all the accusations you've thrown at him. Since you already have some pressure on you from the two votes on you in the two previous posts, I'll leave it at an FoS for now.

EBWODP: That should be "your" in the second sentence of the first paragraph. =\

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
When I made that comment I simply noted the closeness of you and HoT and since then you both have not made much talk between yourselfs. I'm not sure if I struck a note but it seems to me that you avoided my suspicions by addressing them (if that makes sense).
You're associating them together because they haven't gone against each other? Also, what closeness are you describing? Defensive motions toward each other? Having the same opinions? What makes that particularly scummy? I'd like to see some evidence, please, as I can't really see what you are.

Not really. If I see my name in a post, I can tell if someone is suspicious of me, because they're directing at least a portion of their post to me, and would then instantly know that there is suspicion on me depending on the content of that post. There's hardly a need for an FoS when you're suspicious. Generally, a VOTE will send the message more clearly than an FoS or IGMEOY ever will. I used to use FoS's a lot, but they never ever did anything to progress things. The only time I find FoS's and IGMEOY useful is when there are particular rules restricting voting patterns. Other than that, you should just vote for people. Saves time, and moves the day along.

If I see that someone is FoSing or IGMEOYing me, I actually shrug it off often. I can see that they have suspicions of me, but the terms do nothing to me. If there were a few votes on me, I'd certainly be doing my best to remove those suspicions.

Actually, you can. :) If he's always been townie, he generally has the same play style or same overall pattern as the last games. If the style is the same, you can assume that the player is as well. It isn't a perfect defense, but it can and does work. I can say that Zenox has been playing very similar to his past few games, all of which had him with town roles. His style hasn't really changed, and I don't find him extremely scummy. I am suspicious of him, as I am with all players, but nothing is setting off scum vibes in my mind.

If you have a strong suspicion, vote for him! Don't just FoS him! You said the suspicion was STRONG. Doesn't that warrant a vote?

All in all, you sound like you haven't played Online Mafia a whole bunch. I see several beginners mistakes in your arguments [as I've pointed out (strong suspicions, no vote; failing to provide evidence and hoping that we'll just see it ourselves; not thinking past game behaviors do anything with current games; etc.)], and I have pretty strong scum vibes coming from you. Not going to vote yet, but you are on my list.

Gonna do this too. Seems to be following around PMS like a puppy.

VOTE: Darknut_hunter

I wanted to see if Zenox had a defense and he did. I'm still suspicious of him so I can vote for him now. I think he deserved a chance to hold his own.

As for me following TMS you're one to talk with HoT following you so.....well....yeah....

Vote: Zenox

That's for now. We'll see if he does something that sways me away from him. But like I said, for now.

EBWODP - On a lighter note I lol'd a t your last two comments, David, because "I got strong scum vibes" and then FoSing and then later voting.

Last edited:

David

EBWODP - On a lighter note I lol'd a t your last two comments, David, because "I got strong scum vibes" and then FoSing and then later voting.

Then you obviously misread my comments and didn't get the point I was trying to make. Be careful now.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Though I do believe Zenox defend himself to a decent extent, I still feel odd about him "assuring" he was town. I need no assurance. if you are town you;re town. you're not you're not. Also, to what you said about you posted it because it was a mere coincidence, I think not. if it was a coincidence then why would you need to say it? It's not that important? Also, this whole Darknut_hunter thing is ridiculous. Voting him because he didn't vote before hand? Seriously?

So if David votes for such a ridiculous reason, makes me a bit suspicious. Then Zenox voting soon after for a reason as "following me". how so? From agreeing with one post? Seriously?

Thus, i must vote for you my friend.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
@ David - no I got what you said but I just noticed it was funny. I'm the kind of person who tries to find jokes in everything. You gotta laugh at life. But that's off topic.

Now I do see Zenox's defense and your statement about my scummyness but I have my own opinions and thought processes. I wish Zenox was town but he has an edge-y quality that has me feeling like he's scum. Just because he's been town in all his priors and just because this is his playstyle don't mean anything. It's simply my gut feeling and I'm sticking to it.

I'm still not sure why we're at odds. The only issue between us is the way I posted yesterday. You didn't like it because of how I didn't vote right away. I wanted an explanation. I didn't really get one but rather a vote towards me. As a result I decided to vote. I hope you can understand that.

EBWODP - Zenox, you asked me to quote you saying "I've been town in every mafia game". My current internet sorce won't let me quote but if you go to page 7 and gi to the bottom I believe that it's your comment right there. In it you say that on ZD you've been town in every game. I believe this should be sufficient enough to answer your question.

If you want to link me to other games you've played outside of ZD where you were scum then I'd be glad to read them to see your play style as scum. I want you to be innocent in my eyes but you've got to help me with that.

Finally, you said that some points you get into verbal arguments. Is that really necessary. I understand it's your playstyle but it's just a game. Play competitively but not like an overlord.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is silly. Here we are, fighting amongst ourselves over someone who is likelier Town, and the real scum might be the ones getting away. Let's open up our eyes to the situation. I've no supporting evidence other than a stinging gut feeling that the real Mafia are barely posting and directing suspicions against everyone else. MikauIncarnate has been inactive this entire game; if he's part of Mafia then that will discount him as a threat. PK Flash and Jedizora have been active to an extent, and despite Jedi's unseemly appearance my radar's not going off on him. No, my two suspects are Kybyrian and Nicole. They're the top players in this; I'm absolutely certain of that. They've been utterly content to sit back and watch us quarrel and vote ourselves away. They also bumped off random players just for the heck of it. All this is supported by the fact that they haven't been so interested in this game: they are the true threats.

Strong FoS: Kybyrian and/or Nicole

Still, this does not account for their cohorts. It could be any of the rest of us, and due to that I can't trust any of you. Zenox has been suspicious, but Kyby and Nicole stand out much more. If I'm killed during the next Night then that only proves my point. But we need to be proactive in order to win this, because let me tell you something, this Mafia is ruthlessly toying with us.

David

Also, this whole Darknut_hunter thing is ridiculous. Voting him because he didn't vote before hand? Seriously?

So if David votes for such a ridiculous reason, makes me a bit suspicious. Then Zenox voting soon after for a reason as "following me". how so? From agreeing with one post? Seriously?

Thus, i must vote for you my friend.

OpoQQ.jpg

You think I voted for him because I he didn't vote the first time? Wow. Just... wow. :/ If you actually read my posts you would actually see why I voted for him. I didn't just vote for him because he didn't vote. I voted for him because he is suspicious and to see what he did with pressure on him. I even listed all of my reasons about 2 posts back of mine. For your reference, here they are in a short list: strong suspicions, no vote; failing to provide evidence and hoping that we'll just see it ourselves; not thinking past game behaviors do anything with current games; etc. Those all sound like a mafia member trying to confuse the town and put the blame elsewhere.

And honestly, I don't see why you are all voting for Zenox. His defenses on your accusations seem very solid. He is suspicious yes, but he's explained himself well. Having a hunch that he's scum without much evidence isn't really a solid argument nor a solid reason to vote for him. I understand that you have a strong opinion, but how does that make him scum? Tell me exactly why you think he's scum. That means you Pendio, Darknut_hunter, and TheMasterSword. Give me an exact reason with evidence and maybe I'll see your side. As it stands, your argument is rather baseless and looks silly to me.

Also, lets jump back to Jedizora. He comes in and jumps on Thareous with fluffy reasons along with a fluffy response to accusations on him and then failing to return since? Not to mention his first 2 posts consist of an RVS and a very very short accusation on ALIT. Sounds like scum sitting in the shadows to me.

Also, we've got some very inactive players that are holding back the game. Nicole and Kybyrian come to mind and I know there are a few others. Inactivity kills the game. I agree with Thareous' statements on them. Currently, they are a threat.

Pen

The game is on!
Unvote: Zenox

Your defence, Zenox, was good enough for me. Although I do still find you a bit suspicious.

And David, one question: How can you seem so certain that Zenox is not scum? To me it seems almost as if you two are... cooperating... But it also seems to me as if TheMasterSword and Darknut_hunter are cooperating in a way...

Anyways, as both Thareous and David said, there are most likely scum people amongst the inactives. So I'm gonna place a vote on Jedizora now, and I might remove it when he replies. We can all agree on that he (if anybody) has been acting scummy.

Vote: Jedizora

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
This is silly. Here we are, fighting amongst ourselves over someone who is likelier Town, and the real scum might be the ones getting away. Let's open up our eyes to the situation. I've no supporting evidence other than a stinging gut feeling that the real Mafia are barely posting and directing suspicions against everyone else. MikauIncarnate has been inactive this entire game; if he's part of Mafia then that will discount him as a threat. PK Flash and Jedizora have been active to an extent, and despite Jedi's unseemly appearance my radar's not going off on him. No, my two suspects are Kybyrian and Nicole. They're the top players in this; I'm absolutely certain of that. They've been utterly content to sit back and watch us quarrel and vote ourselves away. They also bumped off random players just for the heck of it. All this is supported by the fact that they haven't been so interested in this game: they are the true threats.

Still, this does not account for their cohorts. It could be any of the rest of us, and due to that I can't trust any of you. Zenox has been suspicious, but Kyby and Nicole stand out much more. If I'm killed during the next Night then that only proves my point. But we need to be proactive in order to win this, because let me tell you something, this Mafia is ruthlessly toying with us.

OpoQQ.jpg

You think I voted for him because I he didn't vote the first time? Wow. Just... wow. :/ If you actually read my posts you would actually see why I voted for him. I didn't just vote for him because he didn't vote. I voted for him because he is suspicious and to see what he did with pressure on him. I even listed all of my reasons about 2 posts back of mine. For your reference, here they are in a short list: strong suspicions, no vote; failing to provide evidence and hoping that we'll just see it ourselves; not thinking past game behaviors do anything with current games; etc. Those all sound like a mafia member trying to confuse the town and put the blame elsewhere.

And honestly, I don't see why you are all voting for Zenox. His defenses on your accusations seem very solid. He is suspicious yes, but he's explained himself well. Having a hunch that he's scum without much evidence isn't really a solid argument nor a solid reason to vote for him. I understand that you have a strong opinion, but how does that make him scum? Tell me exactly why you think he's scum. That means you Pendio, Darknut_hunter, and TheMasterSword. Give me an exact reason with evidence and maybe I'll see your side. As it stands, your argument is rather baseless and looks silly to me.

Also, lets jump back to Jedizora. He comes in and jumps on Thareous with fluffy reasons along with a fluffy response to accusations on him and then failing to return since? Not to mention his first 2 posts consist of an RVS and a very very short accusation on ALIT. Sounds like scum sitting in the shadows to me.

Also, we've got some very inactive players that are holding back the game. Nicole and Kybyrian come to mind and I know there are a few others. Inactivity kills the game. I agree with Thareous' statements on them. Currently, they are a threat.

Your defence, Zenox, was good enough for me. Although I do still find you a bit suspicious.

And David, one question: How can you seem so certain that Zenox is not scum? To me it seems almost as if you two are... cooperating... But it also seems to me as if TheMasterSword and Darknut_hunter are cooperating in a way...

Anyways, as both Thareous and David said, there are most likely scum people amongst the inactives. So I'm gonna place a vote on Jedizora now, and I might remove it when he replies. We can all agree on that he (if anybody) has been acting scummy.

I guess Thareous has a good point here and David is right. Looking back on these posts we're simply fighting between ourselves. I've looked back over what Zenox said and his defense is solid. I still have that gut feeling but I'll let it go in the interest of finding scum. If he doesn't jump to the defense of scum then he's not sum right? Same with David. As a result I'm going to consider other players.

Now Nicole and Kybyrian are both inactive which worries me as it does others. For now I'll vote a grunt mafia and see how things go.

I couldn't agree more. It seems like us active players are taking sides in this argument, when really, there's a good chance we could all be Town. Wyatt and Nicole's actions are a bit strange. In every game I've played with Wyatt he's been very active, but in this game he hasn't at all; I know he's an Admin and therefore has other duties to fulfill on the forum, but it's still abnormal. I'm not sure that I've played with Nicole before, but before the game I assumed she'd be pretty active as well. FoS on both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom