• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 11: Xcution Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jedizora

:right:
Hm, that's strange. Wouldn't the Vengeful Townie kill the attacker, also? Or does it only work with Lynches?(For those that don't know, Vengeful Townie kills the last person to vote for them in a lynch. I thought it also went for NKs)
Anyway, I'm thinking Thareous could be scum. Axle was suspicious, and he was the cop. He might have investigated him, and turned up scum. And he hasn't been doing much scum hunting, as far as I could tell.

Hm, that's strange. Wouldn't the Vengeful Townie kill the attacker, also? Or does it only work with Lynches?(For those that don't know, Vengeful Townie kills the last person to vote for them in a lynch. I thought it also went for NKs)
Anyway, I'm thinking Thareous could be scum. Axle was suspicious, and he was the cop. He might have investigated him, and turned up scum. And he hasn't been doing much scum hunting, as far as I could tell.

I don't recall any posts of yours in this game, it's strange how you'd suddenly show up to accuse Thareous. Not backing him up, but still. What's with no posts?

EBWODP:

Vengeful townie kills whoever hammers them, IE votes them out last. Because Timeless was not voted out last, he did not get to kill. Why, were you wanting him to kill someone?

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
I really gotta start posting more. Time to start making some useful Sherlocky deductions. :3

....and I'm blank. :/

hmmm hmm...last night's deaths were interesting (yet horrible. Our cop?! NOO! Mafia!! *shakes fist*)

We gotta step it up and kill some scum, man! I declare that today shall be the day that we do so. But first we need to find them. Huhuhhuh.

@Jedizora Gotta agree with Zenox's post above. What's up with showing up outta the blue and making an accusation?

Sherlock's scum senses are tingling. Allow me to enter my mind palace and return with magical deductions :D

R

Red Waffles

Axle mostly attacked kokirion and he turned up townie. There really isn't much to go on and noone is overly suspicious.

Another day and night of important towns being killed. D: And of course, no leads provided by them. But anyways...

Once again, PK Flash, please respond to my accusations against you. You were saved from me pursuing your lynch yesterday because of kokirion's slip-ups, but today that isn't going to happen. Answer.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
The pressure is on and I've got to say that Zenox and Hero of Time both have good positions. for Jedizora to come in and accuse with only 1 or 2 posts is kinda suspect.

I think Mafia killed Axle. He was putting pressure so check his suspect list on his previous post and we might be able to find out why.

Timeless turned out to be good. I had suspicions but they've now been confirmed as false since he's dead.

We need to rally and step it up. We can pull through.:)

EBWODP

Jedizora has had more than 2 posts but he still needs to throw more in. His posts are few and far between.

Last edited:
This is your scummiest post. Here you make an obvious observation, say you're going to sit back and watch, and ask Timeless a question he already answered. Care to tell me why?

First of all, I already knew that he played Pen and Paper, but I've never heard of playing Mafia like that and wanted to know the details. Such as what the rules were, they could be totally different here than back at his house.

And your other matter, which was accusing me of ignoring your accusations. I've been busy IRL and honestly haven't been on the site as much. In fact for a while there I forgot all about this game of Mafia.

PK Flash said:
First of all, I already knew that he played Pen and Paper, but I've never heard of playing Mafia like that and wanted to know the details. Such as what the rules were, they could be totally different here than back at his house.

Understandable.

PK Flash said:
And your other matter, which was accusing me of ignoring your accusations. I've been busy IRL and honestly haven't been on the site as much. In fact for a while there I forgot all about this game of Mafia.

This would be understandable, if not for the fact that you posted twice after I accused you. In fact, you even acknowledged that you didn't reply to my accusations, but you still didn't reply to them.

I didn't get the scummy response I was hoping for from you, but still, IGMEOY.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer

That makes no sense. How could I have known Axle investigated me? I wasn't on his list of suspects. So maybe one of Axle's targets got nervous by the mentions and decided to pick him off. Or it was the Town that picked him off. That's also entirely possible for a regular vig to do.

At any rate, I also have my eyes on you because you randomly appear and start accusing me, and invalidly at that. In fact, if you don't give a legitimate reason why I am suspicious then I may or may not vote for you. Depends on if some more worthwhile scum makes a slip.

Jedizora

:right:
I don't recall any posts of yours in this game, it's strange how you'd suddenly show up to accuse Thareous. Not backing him up, but still. What's with no posts?

EBWODP:

Vengeful townie kills whoever hammers them, IE votes them out last. Because Timeless was not voted out last, he did not get to kill. Why, were you wanting him to kill someone?

@Jedizora Gotta agree with Zenox's post above. What's up with showing up outta the blue and making an accusation?

for Jedizora to come in and accuse with only 1 or 2 posts is kinda suspect. Jedizora has had more than 2 posts but he still needs to throw more in. His posts are few and far between.
Yeah, I've not been posting. That doesn't mean I haven't been watching the game, though. Anyway, I'm not sure if I wanted timeless to kill anyone, Zenox, Unless it was mafia. I was just confused.

That makes no sense. How could I have known Axle investigated me? I wasn't on his list of suspects. So maybe one of Axle's targets got nervous by the mentions and decided to pick him off. Or it was the Town that picked him off. That's also entirely possible for a regular vig to do.

At any rate, I also have my eyes on you because you randomly appear and start accusing me, and invalidly at that. In fact, if you don't give a legitimate reason why I am suspicious then I may or may not vote for you. Depends on if some more worthwhile scum makes a slip.
Did I ever say you knew he investigated you? Also, Never mind. Turns out I am just an Idiot. He was actually accusing ALIT instead of you. However, I still think you might be scum. I haven't seen you helping the town much, besides agreeing with others and making obvious observations.

Yeah, I've not been posting. That doesn't mean I haven't been watching the game, though. Anyway, I'm not sure if I wanted timeless to kill anyone, Zenox, Unless it was mafia. I was just confused.

I'm not sure what I think of this. I'm still not convinced at all that you're town, as this doesn't really help your case, but it doesn't make me think you're any more scum than I did previously. That doesn't seem like a good enough excuse to me, though. What the hell is the point of watching a game play out?

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Not to confirm anyone's suspicions that we're working together, but I thought the exact same thing. I A) Didn't know how to word it and :cool: Didn't think it was all that worrying, just worth noting.

Two things, one to address your concerns. I post my thoughts, no matter if someone else has the same thoughts or not. If someone else has the same thoughts, I quote what I agree with and elaborate. I reference almost every game of Mafia at ZD ever. Where Wyatt and I normally have the same thought process and evidences that stick out to us. In every case at ZD I've been a townie. In more than half the cases at ZD, Wyatt ended up stabbing me in the back and turned out to be mafia, most notably Mafia 2 where he used me to eliminate the Serial Killer and got me lynched the next day.

Secondly, and this is a general thing, I'd like to address the usage of FoS and HoS. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I read either of those (well, the first one, as you just barely introduced the second one [which btw makes no sense]) I just role my eyes and ignore it, especially about other players. They literally don't mean a thing. Everyone is suspicious of everybody. Anyone could be mafia. We don't really know anything, other than Viral Maze was a townie. Even Durion could be the Mafia for all we know :/

wow *roll my eyes :/

Now, to the first bolded statement. Why do you feel the need to protect yourself from something when no one attacked you at all? Darknut simply said it is kinda suspicious. So he wasn't truly against you, and you bounce back so quickly to make a statement. Also, you made that statement against hero of Time, not darknut. Which makes no sense. That's quite suspicious in my eyes.

To the Second statement:
if you have been town in ever mafia game, then I wouldn't be to surprised if Durion wanted to give you a chance and let you be scum for a time.

This is very suspicious, though i will allow you to defend yourself. So I will not vote for you yet, though I am highly suspicious.
FoS: Zenox

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
TMS just brought back one of my earlier posts and I disregarded your response at the time but recently you've been playing aggressively and that kinda plays back to this.

When I made that comment I simply noted the closeness of you and HoT and since then you both have not made much talk between yourselfs. I'm not sure if I struck a note but it seems to me that you avoided my suspicions by addressing them (if that makes sense).

Next you called out the use of FoS. That's fine that you don't use it but I use it as do many others. It brings ideas to the attention of others and allows them to act accordingly.

Finally, SO FREAKIN WHAT THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN A TOWNIE?! This game is different from all the others you've played so you can't just use this as a tool to pass yourself off as a townie.

So let me end this by saying that all this is giving me a strong suspicion of you but I still would like a straight answer defense for this. Help me understand cause I'm really wondering what your explanation is.

David

But you called me here...
When I made that comment I simply noted the closeness of you and HoT and since then you both have not made much talk between yourselfs. I'm not sure if I struck a note but it seems to me that you avoided my suspicions by addressing them (if that makes sense).
You're associating them together because they haven't gone against each other? Also, what closeness are you describing? Defensive motions toward each other? Having the same opinions? What makes that particularly scummy? I'd like to see some evidence, please, as I can't really see what you are.

Next you called out the use of FoS. That's fine that you don't use it but I use it as do many others. It brings ideas to the attention of others and allows them to act accordingly.

Not really. If I see my name in a post, I can tell if someone is suspicious of me, because they're directing at least a portion of their post to me, and would then instantly know that there is suspicion on me depending on the content of that post. There's hardly a need for an FoS when you're suspicious. Generally, a VOTE will send the message more clearly than an FoS or IGMEOY ever will. I used to use FoS's a lot, but they never ever did anything to progress things. The only time I find FoS's and IGMEOY useful is when there are particular rules restricting voting patterns. Other than that, you should just vote for people. Saves time, and moves the day along.

If I see that someone is FoSing or IGMEOYing me, I actually shrug it off often. I can see that they have suspicions of me, but the terms do nothing to me. If there were a few votes on me, I'd certainly be doing my best to remove those suspicions.

Finally, SO FREAKIN WHAT THAT YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN A TOWNIE?! This game is different from all the others you've played so you can't just use this as a tool to pass yourself off as a townie.

Actually, you can. :) If he's always been townie, he generally has the same play style or same overall pattern as the last games. If the style is the same, you can assume that the player is as well. It isn't a perfect defense, but it can and does work. I can say that Zenox has been playing very similar to his past few games, all of which had him with town roles. His style hasn't really changed, and I don't find him extremely scummy. I am suspicious of him, as I am with all players, but nothing is setting off scum vibes in my mind.

So let me end this by saying that all this is giving me a strong suspicion of you but I still would like a straight answer defense for this. Help me understand cause I'm really wondering what your explanation is.

If you have a strong suspicion, vote for him! Don't just FoS him! You said the suspicion was STRONG. Doesn't that warrant a vote?

All in all, you sound like you haven't played Online Mafia a whole bunch. I see several beginners mistakes in your arguments [as I've pointed out (strong suspicions, no vote; failing to provide evidence and hoping that we'll just see it ourselves; not thinking past game behaviors do anything with current games; etc.)], and I have pretty strong scum vibes coming from you. Not going to vote yet, but you are on my list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom