• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 2 - Windfall Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toboe

Melody Malone
Sorry, I'm didn't pay much attention to what I was saying, well I take back the 'Die if you RVS' but I still think it's dumb to RVS. It is a little early to vote anyway, we have more time so I'm not going to vote till the second to last day.

EBWODP
Sorry, I didn't pay much attention to what I was saying, well I take back the 'Die if you RVS' but I still think it's dumb to RVS. It is a little early to vote anyway, we have more time so I'm not going to vote till the second to last day.

Jedizora

:right:
How would you Know when the second to last day is? There is any number of days that can happen. Its not set in stone. I mean, I could see mafia having a plan that involves who to lynch and how to nightkill, so that only makes you suspicios.

Tally:

Toboe - 5 (Viral Maze, Gonzo, Celeboy, Meego7, jedizora)

Zelda_8 - 1 (Pocket Asian)

No-Lynch - 3 (TheGreen, Deku Shroom, TreeHuggerPanda )

Yet to vote: Illmatic, green goron, Zelda_8, Toboe, Caeda, Elfen, DracoMajora, MikauIncarnate, Raindrop14

It takes 10 to Majority Lynch.

How would you Know when the second to last day is? There is any number of days that can happen. Its not set in stone. I mean, I could see mafia having a plan that involves who to lynch and how to nightkill, so that only makes you suspicios.

You're quite right. While the day will end April 4 if there's no majority lynch (or one is made that day). The day could any anytime before then IF a majority lynch is reached before the deadline.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Sorry, I'm didn't pay much attention to what I was saying, well I take back the 'Die if you RVS' but I still think it's dumb to RVS. It is a little early to vote anyway, we have more time so I'm not going to vote till the second to last day.

EDWODP

Ok, didn't see this post.
I'm really tempted to vote for her because this post really makes her seem scummy but I'll hold off and put it down as a newb mistake for now.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
No, it actually isn't a bad strategy, but it isn't too good either. Basically, if you don't know who's Mafia, then why take a risk to lynch a town? The decrease of Townie's numbers will only help the Mafia win more easily. We have to keep the Town's numbers as high as possible, but Random Lynching will most likely lead to a townie, and help there be 2 - 3 townies dead one day and night. But then again, if no one is lynched, then the Mafia will feel secure for the day and won't bother posting detailed posts for that day since they won't die, and it's going to give us no leads for the next day either.
Lynching someone everyday is necessary, even if it does end up decreasing the town's numbers. This may sound scummy at first, I know but it's from voting and people's actions you can get information. If people just randomly jump on bandwagons to lynch players, you can be certain that person is scum. If someone is hesitant to vote for someone and that player flips scum, you can be sure the hesitant player may be his scum buddy.
I'd rather lynch scummy townies and gain information than sit around with my thumb up my *** waiting for the Mafia to to somehow die.

I personally think this is just a newbie mistake/opinion.
So newbie scum can't make a newbie mistake? Only newbie town can make a newbie mistake?
Okayyyyy...

Info is also gained by nightkills. It helps us understand what group of people the Mafia are targeting and if we read deeply enough, then why.
The 'best' information is gained by discussion and action during the Day. You can't link players together by looking at nightkills. You can't say Player X defended Player Z and Player Z flipped scum by looking at nightkills. Read as deeply into nightkills as you want, but you'll soon find yourself knee deep in WIFOM territory and lose.

I'd vote for Zelda_8 if I wasn't to busy pressuring Toboe. PA's got the right idea, though.

>_>

Yeah I'm good with my vote for now...

Also, why are people voting for no lynch?

David

But you called me here...
Ok, there's something that I must say for all of you players.

First off, a No Lynch is not the way to go, ever. You guys have about 2 days left until the deadline is up. That's plenty of time to do some more discussing and scum hunting. Putting out a "No Vote" is not helpful to the town at all in the first stage. It would be best to lose a townie and gain information from the voters than to be extremely hesitant about losing a single townie to save numbers. You are going to lose a member of the town through a night kill tonight anyway. Losing a townie won't hurt your chances in the game. And if the lead that you have is in fact scum, you got lucky and killed scum. My advice for this is to vote who you feel is most like scum, rather than do a No Vote. No Votes are only if there are no leads, no gut feelings, and people are inactive.

Second, why are you still thinking that an rvs is a bad thing? RVSes are actually inherently good. They reveal much about the people that respond to them. They reveal those that bandwagon for the sake of bandwagoning, they reveal the hesitant, and they can even put the pressure on players that make them crack, allowing you to get scum. I imagine that Viral Maze has gained a ton of information about those of you that were completely against rvsing. But, now that the rvs is over, go through the posts of those that voted, and those that are being voted for to see if you can see if there are scumtells in any of their posts. There might be some, but there also might not be any.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
Firstly, Unvote: No Lynch
I'm no longer in the danger zone of being lynched.

Secondly, Vote: Zelda_8
Like Pocket Asian said, there's not reason to be doing that much analysis, and most of it is parroting anyway except for how UGYEOM.

Elfen

Call Me Robbi :D
Hmm well I'm at my dads so excuse my I activity. I'm also on my phone so don't patronize me. I read the post above and I'm still not sure about voting if the this gs is for for a majority Lynch ill vote. Bit tobee is a new person and don't patranize ppl for that but it can still bescummy. In my experience, and if the ppl saw me inthe first Mafia game I played I brought suspicion on me from thevery. Beginnin. That's why it is a hard vtell on voting g, especially if the way uouvare is you personality. Which bring ing. Suspension is a favorite for me. Well I can't really say for anything I ill lay down and read other post till I see something fishy

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
**** ANNOUNCEMENT****
Jdnicholls is being replaced by Pocket Asian - just to keep things moving...
:(

y u sadfaec

O hai gais :rolleyes:

vote:Viral Maze :right:

Pocky's prolly RVSing and besides, you know what he's like.

EBWODP

Also:

This post was made on day 1... Anybody with that much "analysis" on day one is up to no good. If you are playing a day start game. that means no investigations could have occurred prior to the day starting, which means the ONLY people who have information about who's guilty and who's innocent is the mafia.

unvote: Viral Maze
vote: zelda_8

uscum zelda_8?

Nope. That isn't what I'll call an analysis, but more my thoughts for a lot of the posts in the last 4 pages which contain 56 posts to be exact, keep that in mind ;) I build up on my post as I read the thread. Yes, I know, some things have been repeated, but that's because I didn't bother to take it out once it had been mentioned. The rest are really obvious things, nothing to really think hard on.

I'll reply to the other posts tomorrow. Need to get some sleep.

Nope. That isn't what I'll call an analysis, but more my thoughts for a lot of the posts in the last 4 pages which contain 56 posts to be exact, keep that in mind ;) I build up on my post as I read the thread. Yes, I know, some things have been repeated, but that's because I didn't bother to take it out once it had been mentioned. The rest are really obvious things, nothing to really think hard on.

I'll reply to the other posts tomorrow. Need to get some sleep.
lolololol that's still analyzing.
What's funny is that you even give the page number and exact posts which also means you're analyzing not just the people playing but the actual game thread :rolleyes:
How is that not an analysis to you.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™

She means second to last literal day (aka April 3rd) of the first day. Or atleast I think.

And HoM is right. Unvote: No Lynch

I'll still hold off on my vote. I won't bandwagon when it's not necessary, and when I'm atleast not 60% sure.

Tally:

Toboe - 5 (Viral Maze, Gonzo, Celeboy, Meego7, jedizora)

Zelda_8 - 2 (Pocket Asian, TheGreen)

No-Lynch - 1 (TreeHuggerPanda )

Yet to vote: Illmatic, green goron, Zelda_8, Toboe, Caeda, Elfen, DracoMajora, MikauIncarnate, Raindrop14, Deku Shroom

It takes 10 to Majority Lynch. Day ends April 4th or when a Majority Lynch is reached.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
I agree with HoM here. Voting no lynch before we have even had a chance to look at who people may be is pointless. It gets us nowhere and if people are not willing to help the town then they are better off dead, especially if they are scum. On the whole zelda_8 thing...well she has been inactive, yes but I don't see anything overly suspicious. Of course PA and TheGreen could be mafia ganging up on a townie, but let's not assume that for now. A the moment I don't see much in order of a vote when it comes to zelda_8. So my vote stays where it is for now.

On the whole zelda_8 thing...well she has been inactive, yes but I don't see anything overly suspicious. Of course PA and TheGreen could be mafia ganging up on a townie, but let's not assume that for now. A the moment I don't see much in order of a vote when it comes to zelda_8. So my vote stays where it is for now.
Voting for zelda_8 for inactivity is not what TheGreen and I have done. We placed our votes based off of Jo's post about having too much an analysis on the first day. Which, as zelda_8 put it, "posting [her] thoughts", still needs an analysis to do, especially when it's "a lot of the posts in the last 4 pages which contain 56 posts to be exact".

:right:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom