• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 2 - Windfall Island

Status
Not open for further replies.
**** ANNOUNCEMENT****
Jdnicholls is being replaced by Pocket Asian - just to keep things moving...

Tally:

Toboe - 1 (Viral Maze)

Raindrop14 - 1 (Celeboy)

No-Lynch - 2 (TheGreen, Gonzo)

Yet to vote: Deku Shroom, Pocket Asian, Meego7, Illmatic, green goron, jedizora, Zelda_8, TreeHuggerPanda, Toboe, Caeda, Elfen, Raindrop14, DracoMajora, MikauIncarnate,

It takes 10 to Majority Lynch.

I think we should wait a little longer before voting and NOT RVS because then the mafia will end up winning. So whoever wants to be more suspicious then I think you should RVS, and be lynched today or tomorrow.

Being day one, this is a pretty good lead.

Unvote
Vote: Toboe

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
I think we should wait a little longer before voting and NOT RVS because then the mafia will end up winning. So whoever wants to be more suspicious then I think you should RVS, and be lynched today or tomorrow.

To be honest, this sounds slightly odd...
Unvote

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~

I have a bit of a problem with this post, here. Number 1 - How will RVSing end up in a mafia win? Please explain because we have had detailed discussions about RVS and it comes to a point where mafia and townie alike use it as a test...and to be honest the people using it are probably town anyway and want to see how the mafia react. So how RVS leads to a mafia win here I don't know.

Number 2- Again, we had discussions on RVSing and it is not a scumtell (necessarily) so why do you say that if they RVS they will be lynched?

Number 3-Sorry but being day one...it seems we have a lead here and I no longer think we need to wait to vote.

EBWODP

Jedizora, Pocky's prolly RVSing and besides, you know what he's like.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!

She could be inexperienced town (after all this is a beginner game) but looking at this post makes everyone think she's scum and posts like these (if they're town) might distract us from hunting real scum.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Vote: No Vote

I do find it a bit odd that Toboe worded that the way she worded that, but I don't think it's too solid to go off of yet. Don't get me wrong, I am a bit suspicious of her, but a slip up of words isn't quite enough for me to vote for some one. I'll let her atleast try to defend herself first before I decide.

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
This is early days, so with no leads, we kind of need to clutch at straws and try to get every scrap of info to get the ball rolling.

Tally:

Toboe - 5 (Viral Maze, Gonzo, Celeboy, Meego7, Raindrop14)

Viral Maze - 1 (Pocket Asian)

No-Lynch - 2 (TheGreen, Deku Shroom )

Yet to vote: Illmatic, green goron, jedizora, Zelda_8, TreeHuggerPanda, Toboe, Caeda, Elfen, DracoMajora, MikauIncarnate,

It takes 10 to Majority Lynch.

Jedizora

:right:
As Much as I hate them, Is still a fairly good Idea to RVS. It wouldn't absolutley lead to mafia win.
Vote: Toboe.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
4 among you are mafia, 4 of you have townie power roles, and 1 of you is a 3rd party role...

Ok, 18 people are playing.

Townies - 9 (50%)
Townie Power Roles - 4 (22%)
All Townies - 13 (72%)

Mafia - 4 (22%)
SK I believe - 1 (6%)
Anti Town - 5 (28%)

Power Roles - 9 (50%)

Vote: TheGreen

Totes scum
also, 30 characters

I'm quite sure that VM is not part of the Mafia actually. He's played and even modded games. I'm sure that if VM was scum, he wouldn't RV someone since whoever's played Mafia know that at in ZD, it's suspicious, but then again, there's WIFOM which makes me think about that again. It's hard to tell actually...

On the contrary he knows how good they are. Actually, it's quite scary, as one vote is enough to kill me. For saftey, I'll match Viral Maze's vote with one of my own to ensure that I shan't perish at the end of the day if no one else decides to vote.

Vote: No Lynch

With 18 alive it takes 10 for a majority lynch. Day 1 will end on April 4th or when a majority lynch is achieved.

This makes me suspicious of TheGreen actually. He posted this on the last of March. There was still 4 days left, and a good chunk of chance that there will be more votes coming in the next few days, don't you think so? It's not like VM will end up being the only one voting, I'm sure about that, and no one in those posts in front of you fully supported VM's RV, so it's most likely no one else will RV vote you too. Why are you so scared?

IGMEOY: The Green

In my opinion, a RVS is a bad, scummy tactic. It could be bad, if someone is in a samll, game of mafia, and that person is inactive so they can't remove thir RVS, and no one else votes, the random person gets lynched and the town will almost cerently turn on the RVs-er.

Again, don't you think that it's really unlikely that no one else will vote?

It may be a hypothetical situation, but Its still possible. Prehaps the others were too busy arguing until night one and therefore didn't place votes, and then the rest happens.

It's most likely that at least one person will keep their eye on the deadline, in the case of the last game, the Mafia especially. We kept our eye on the deadline and encouraged other townies to quickly case their vote one someone (who was a townie) so that 2 townies will die that night, and we will win sooner.

RVS tells us NOTHING about the person who places the vote.

Not exactly true, THP. RVS could tell a lot of things. If the RVSer flip Mafia, in the future, we know that if they RVS, it does not affect that person's role's possibility. RVS could tell who's a newbie and who is not. It can tell other's strategies and opinions on things.

While I don't recommend using the RVS at this stage of the game, it would be the best option to use if we get to the desperate stage where if we don't lynch scum, then they win.

I doubt that it's a good idea to even think about RVS in the middle of the game unless over 40% of the players are Mafia, but that's not a good idea either, because if you lynch a townie, then it's basically game over (depending on how many players there are). If you got no lead, look at the past posts and you'll for sure pick up on things you never saw/noticed before.

Actually I am going to counter this. RVS is not a scumtell... hardly ever... Once again RISKY BEHAVOIOR = TOWN.... Cautiousness = Scum... Townies have nothing to lose by voting... Scum have everything to lose if they are discovered.

Voting =/= lynching. Voting places pressure on a person, which allows you to see how they react under pressure.

Well, again, there's WIFOM.

Besides, Viral maze Is to good of a player to become mafia. Right?

Meaning? If you're a good player, you can't be Mafia? I don't get that. The roles are randomly decided.

I know, but rember that this is a beginners game. He would be able to take all of us out.

Again, the roles are randomly decided.

Alright I've been reading through all the posts so far and am not suspicious of anyone yet. But I'd like to make a note. BE CAREFUL OF WHO YOU VOTE FOR. In the beginner game we lynched three townies and two townies were nightkilled because we weren't too careful of who we voted for. We don't want that to happen here. I think that there should ether be no lynch or we wait a while (until the last day of today) to vote.

No offense, but that is a bad strategy...

No, it actually isn't a bad strategy, but it isn't too good either. Basically, if you don't know who's Mafia, then why take a risk to lynch a town? The decrease of Townie's numbers will only help the Mafia win more easily. We have to keep the Town's numbers as high as possible, but Random Lynching will most likely lead to a townie, and help there be 2 - 3 townies dead one day and night. But then again, if no one is lynched, then the Mafia will feel secure for the day and won't bother posting detailed posts for that day since they won't die, and it's going to give us no leads for the next day either.

I personally think this is just a newbie mistake/opinion.

Information is gained from discussion during the day, not from nightkills.

Info is also gained by nightkills. It helps us understand what group of people the Mafia are targeting and if we read deeply enough, then why.

**** ANNOUNCEMENT****

:(

I won't vote yet. No one is suspicious enough for my vote so far. Toboe's behavior seems more newbie than Mafia.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I won't vote yet. No one is suspicious enough for my vote so far. Toboe's behavior seems more newbie than Mafia.

Exactly why I think Toboe isn't mafia, or well it's unlikely to say the least. It's the first day and people are eager for a lynch, but remember guys it's not necessary to have a majority to lynch, and I can nearly guarentee that atleast one of the people who voted for Toboe is scum, but I'll wait and see how things go before I further go into that.

zelda_8 said:
Baysiderulez said:
**** ANNOUNCEMENT****
:(
y u sadfaec

EBWODP

Also:
Baysiderulez said:
This post was made on day 1... Anybody with that much "analysis" on day one is up to no good. If you are playing a day start game. that means no investigations could have occurred prior to the day starting, which means the ONLY people who have information about who's guilty and who's innocent is the mafia.
unvote: Viral Maze
vote: zelda_8

uscum zelda_8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom