• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Beginner's Mafia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
Since this has gotten stagnant, I'm just going to post some of my wisdom.

FoSs, and IGMEOYs are completely, 100% useless. They will get you no where.
Voting is the ONLY thing that matters, and for most of you, voting is the only thing you have. So go out and vote! 2 days left until Deadline and only two people have voted. Voting applies pressure, and pressure is the only way you are going to find scum. Sitting back and waiting for something to happen will not help the town at all. Go after lurkers, go after people who post fluff and don't scum hunt, etc.
Find a target, and don't stop until you are satisfied.

Voting and scum hunting is not a scumtell. It's how you properly play the game.

Now go do it. You might mislynch a townie here and there, but Rome wasn't built in a day. This should be a learning experience, so use it.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Well the deadline is in 2 days noone is active so I'll place my vote hoping that people come out of the shadows.

I agree that both of them just bandwaged on the lynch but are they scum or lazy townies.
IGMEOY: HoT
I find TheTruth suspicious and all my pieces fit in together. Here is my theory:

TheTruth was very active on the first day and attracted too much attention so the mafia told him to quiet down and keep a low profile and on Day 2 he posted twice. Once congradulating the docter and one voting for Raindrop just seeing an oppurtunity to vote. I still find Raindrop suspicious and I realize I might get nighkilled but I must go with my instinct.

VOTE:TheTruth

That is my reason from Day 2 and we don't have any better leads so

VOTE:TheTruth

Just so you guys know if we're not active we give the mafia an easy time.

Since there seems to be a desire to lynch TheTruth, I figure it's better that I help vote him off so we can discuss other leads. Otherwise I'll just split the vote, and the few of us that are active won't stand any chance.

Vote: The Truth

Jedizora

:right:
Since there seems to be a desire to lynch TheTruth, I figure it's better that I help vote him off so we can discuss other leads. Otherwise I'll just split the vote, and the few of us that are active won't stand any chance.

Vote: The Truth

Basically, your jumping on the bandwagon, as you have little to no evidence for him, and I find that a bit of a scum-tell. FoS: jdenicholls.

Yes I am jumping on the bandwagon. But things must get done. Incidentally, if I am killed tonight, I believe that Ky is innocent.

Magatha

Magatha
Sorry for not posting sooner, I've been a little busy studying for finals this week.

So our doctor is dead. Not so good. We know she saved somebody on day one, and that sombody must be a townie. Hopefully we can figure out who this is to have someone to trust, and figure out the difference between newbies, mafia, and the cop, because we o not want the town to loose both of its helping roles.

--Vote Tally--
TheTruth: 5 (Ninten*, Rishian, Hero of Time, green goron, jdenicholls)

Didn't vote: jedizora, Kybyrian, Magatha, zelda_8, FirevsIce, TheTruth

The townsfolk resumed their investigation, but the harrowing murder the night before in combination with their diminishing spirits caused their discussion to stagnate. For a while they just sat around, in broken spirits, incapable of moving on. But eventually a few among them pulled themselves together, and they rallied the others. Together these leaders managed to shift the town's attention on TheTruth. He had behaved strangely early on, they remembered. The inconsistency in his actions was brought up, and his inability to back himself up resulted in more and more people voting for him until the day was ending, and it had been decided.

The townsfolk gathered around TheTruth, who despite previous attempts to defend himself said nothing, and one among them took the pistol that had been left by the mysterious enemy and shot TheTruth once in the head, killing him.

The townsfolk retreated to their homes before night fell, noticing that many people had been absent or quiet during the discussion and lynching. They found this strange, but decided to think about it the next day when they all noticed notes left on their doors.

"Yet another innocent... tsk tsk."

TheTruth was a Townie.

The night begins. Please send your night PMs ASAP. You have until the 17th.

All inactives please also report to me in PM if you do not want to be modkilled. I want people posting at least 3 times every Day period. I will be lenient on this and give you another shot if you still want to play, but those who stay inactive will likely be modkilled or replaced during the next Day.

Kybyrian

Axle is a faaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiiil mod

If next game is Castlevania AND Axle mods it, I will lol because that game will suck so hard.

The townsfolk awoke, relieved to have lived through the night. Things had not been going well, and their spirits were down, but after taking their time in their homes to prepare themselves for the day, they managed to rally themselves and find the resolve to continue searching for the enemy. With the number of townsfolk left, it couldn't be that hard to weed out the enemy. And surely they were narrowing down the criteria that identified their enemy, and could use what they have learned to find them. Everyone had just begun to leave their houses, when they heard multiple gunshots. Alarmed, they ran to where the sound came from, though they approached with caution.

It came from one of the streets heading toward the town square. Following the street the opposite way lead straight to the house of jdenicholls. As they walked down the street, they saw jdenicholls lying on the ground, dead. He had been shot multiple times, only one of which struck a vital area. The rest were in his shoulders and his arms. There was blood all over, but clearly some of it was too far away to be jdenicholls' blood. Someone else had been shot, presumably his attacker, which would explain the multiple gunshots that were heard. Jdenicholls held a gun in his hand, though it was devoid of bullets. A single unspent bullet was set on top of his chest, left for the townsfolk to kill another lynch with. They checked jdenicholls' pockets and discovered something disturbing. A badge.

jdenicholls was the Cop.

Also, Kybyrian has been modkilled for inactivity. He was a Townie. Keep this in mind, and try to stay active. I expect 3 posts per Day period minimum, for all players.

--Players Alive: 8--
jedizora
Rishian
Ninten*
Magatha
zelda_8
FirevsIce
Hero of Time
green goron

--Players Dead: 6--
kokirion: Townie (Lynched Day 1)
Raindrop14: Townie (Lynched Day 2)
Meego7: Doctor (Killed Night 2)
TheTruth: Townie (Lynched Day 3)
jdenicholls: Cop (Killed Night 3)
Kybyrian: Townie (Modkilled for Inactivity)

Day 4 Begins.

Day ends on the 28th. 5 votes needed for a Majority Lynch. 3 Mafia remain.

This game has also become stagnant, and that is likely at least partially my fault for lagging on the death scenes. Let's get this game moving though. Make sure you manage at least 3 posts per Day period, or you risk being modkilled.

Advice: There are only 8 players left alive, but the game isn't over yet. You still outnumber the Mafia, and though things are getting really close now, there is still a chance. You no longer need to worry about accidentally killing a power role, because both the Doctor and Cop are dead. Try to think about what the Mafia's plan might be. What has been going wrong, and what kind of behavior have you been lynching people for? Clearly it isn't working, as you can only killed Townies. Try to figure out what the Mafia is trying to pull and you can still win. Reading old posts may be a good idea, as it can give you a LOT of clarity to see how people were posting before as opposed to now. Big picture becomes clearer. :)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Umm...... Do you have any reasons to vote?

FoS: HoT

I'm looking at the dead list now, and so far, the doctor and cop are dead. The mafia must have decided to lynch players that threatened them. Since jden was the Cop, I think that we should go through his posts and see who he thought was guilty and not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom