• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia 5: Arkham City

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kybyrian

So I'd vote for Meego right now, but anyone one to wait for her to come in and make a defense? Or do you guys just want to rush (well not too much a rush as we've have two+ days to come up with a lynch...) into a lynch and end the day quick so Bay can investigate some one? (My only recommendation on that Bay is go with who would be of use to you, this is your gig.)

The reason I amped up my suspicions to a vote was mainly because I was waiting for her to reply... and no such thing happened.

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
EBWODP:
... on Axle posted before me and voted... 10 votes for Meego. I can hammer her now or wait for her to get on, she is in the UK so it's like 1 am. We won't see anything from her until Monday...

Toboe

Melody Malone
I agree that Meego7 is suspicious kybyrian,

Vote: meego7
Sorry for being so newbish, but this is my first game online so I don’t want to mess up. I’m used to games IRL. I’m still learning. I know I look suspicious because I was posting a lot of stupid stuff early in the game, but now I’m trying to learn from my mistakes. I might take a while getting used to online mafia.
I know that yesterday I didn’t post a lot, but that’s because I had a computer virus. My sister Supersilly also had the same problem.

This is what the Wiki says what a Thief is, it's investigative role. Not as Bay has been suggesting as a saboteur. (Though Viral can be creative..)
mafia wiki said:
The Thief is a pro-Town informative role that targets one player each night to 'steal' an 'item' related to that player's role. For example, if a Thief targets a Goon or a Vigilante, they are likely to obtain a gun. Or if a thief targets Isaac Newton they are likely to steal an apple.
The Moderator decides if the targeted player loses their ability after their 'item' has been 'stolen' by the Thief.
The Thief can be also considered to be a Flavor Cop.

I may have mis-interpreted, but I had wondered if said weapon was "stolen" and took this definition of sabotage.
google search said:
Sabotage is a deliberate action aimed at weakening another entity through subversion, obstruction, disruption, or destruction. In a workplace setting, sabotage is the conscious withdrawal of efficiency generally directed at causing some change in workplace conditions. ...

A theif is yes investigative but they (if given the abilty, from atleast how I understand it) can render their investigate-ee useless by "stealing" their item, as well as discovering what sort of role they have. I will recognize being wrong, I have never had to deal with this sort of role before, but it seemed as if it could be so to me.

EBWODP...

Supersilly and Taboe are siblings? that makes 3 sets in this mafia game...

Generations and HoT, Keyshe and Axle, and Supersilly and Taboe.

EBWODP (again).... so that's a lynch. Now we wait for Durion...

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
Ah, I see how you came to that conclusion Bay. Meego been very inactive in this game, probably waiting for her to come in here wouldn't have change anything as she had made a appearance since we first started suspecting her on Day 2. I have to shut down my computer the wind are just too bad too keep up with... I'll have to wait for another day to see what the lynch turned out as. I hope you make it back in the game soon. Good luck town.

Supersilly and Taboe are siblings?! Wow. 0_0 Sorry to hear about the computer virus... hope you guys didn't lose anything.

SuperSilly

Horizon Walker
Well, I suppose that's that. I'm also very suspicious of Meego, for reasons already well extrapolated which I generally agree with after considering. (Well, the physical, non-in-game day isn't over yet, anyways, so I did post before then, at any rate... >_>; )

And yes, Toboe is my little sister, and we did have some weird wonky computer issues and glitches that were related to a virus. Didn't do much damage, fortunately. :)

Hmm, I think I got the impression HoM and Mikau were siblings in the thread. I wasn't aware there were so many pairs of siblings playing though, I thought HoM and Mikau were the only siblings besides Toboe and I. :xd:

David

But you called me here...
It's Hero of Music and Generations. Not HoT and Gen, nor HoM and Miaku. Just to be clear.

David

Why I don't want to be investigated? If you're asking me, you can investigate me. It doesn't matter if you do or not. I guarantee that I'm a townie.

Looks like Majority Lynch on Meego has been reached. Guess that means further discussion is partially pointless, but thought I'd point out that any voting at this point is worthless.
Voting is pointless yes. Discussion is not pointless. As long as you can have discussion, um, well, that's good. :P We can still discuss other suspicions.

Haven't posted in a while...

I think that lynch of Meego was too quick. We should have allowed her to defend herself. And quite frankly, the amount of bandwagoning in this game is way too high. As a town, the bandwagoning needs to lower to insure a win.

David

Haven't posted in a while...

I think that lynch of Meego was too quick. We should have allowed her to defend herself. And quite frankly, the amount of bandwagoning in this game is way too high. As a town, the bandwagoning needs to lower to insure a win.

The amount of bandwagoning is too high and that Meego's lynch was too quick? Have you read the thread? We had our eyes on Meego quite a while. There were mentions of her pretty often. We discussed, provided evidence, and voted. It wasn't "too quick."

To ensure a win, there technically has to be bandwagoning. Its a majority lynch. For there to be a majority, there has to be more than half of the total population that agree, or concur, at least. That's technically bandwagoning.

EBWODP:

Also, about the bandwagoning, the only reason you wouldn't want to bandwagon is if its unjustified or lead by a corrupt leader. This isn't the case. We've all seen the scumminess of Meego's posts. Just because we have the same reasoning doesn't mean that it is wrong. There can't be 11 people that are all scum. That's not fair to the town in any game, unless the total number of players is like 30-50.

Okay, everyone needs to quit using the term "bandwagon" like it's a dirty word. Let's see the definition of "bandwagon", shall we?

▸ noun: a popular trend that attracts growing support
Yes, this word carries a negative connotation, one that is probably the reason it has become a dirty word. But how are we going to get anyone lynched without a bandwagon? Just all of us vote for whoever? Or do we discuss and agree on who to lynch, and thus, bandwagon? Let's face it, bandwagoning is by definition the reason we vote for the same person and the only way we'll actually make any progress. ESPECIALLY with the way the majority lynch rule is set up in this game, where we need to reach the majority number for there to be any lynch at all.

What happened with Meego was basically the ideal discussion/voting/lynching process. Except PERHAPS her not having an opportunity to defend herself near her death. She did however pipe in earlier and it's doubtful her defense would have changed (unless she was lying, at which point, well, I don't need to say it do I?). Not to mention her defense is unlikely to change much if everyone had a valid reason to vote for her in the first place (which we did).

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
(Though Viral can be creative..)
rawrrrr

Tally:

Baysiderulez - 1 (Josh)
Meego7 - 11 (Kybyrian, jdenicholls, Zenox, Deku Shroom, Hero of Music, Generations, green goron, Baysiderulez, TheGreen, Axle the Beast, Toboe)

With 21 alive, it takes 11 to majority lynch.

Yet to vote - 11 (Meego7, TreeHuggerPanda, Keyshe, SuperSilly, kokirion, Arkvoodle, korp, Hero of Time, Dracomajora)

Thats a lynch!

TWILIGHT
You can keep discussing until Durion shows up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom