• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I said IF I HAD TO VOTE RIGHT NOW. I chose A because I think it would be the best option IF I HAD TO VOTE RIGHT NOW.

I was just answering Awesome's question. But for right now it is best to try to find evidence for 3 more days.

Ok ok, don't get so angry. All of our opinions are different. I just commented on/asked about yours. I'm not saying that it is wrong. Maybe your way might end up better as mine.

To be honest, there isn't really anything that makes me want to vote yet, so if I had to vote right now, I wouldn't. There's no point in my giving my input when the name would be totally random, so I think you should let us try to build our own suspicions over the next two or so days. I understand that you are trying to get us all to become suspicious of others, but that's something that a Mafia would do. I just generally let everyone get on with it...it's a decent plan though I guess.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
Ok ok, don't get so angry. All of our opinions are different. I just commented on/asked about yours. I'm not saying that it is wrong. Maybe your way might end up better as mine.

I'm not angry I'm just trying to stress that I don't want to vote right now but of all the choices Awesome listed I would rather vote somebody with little evidence than someone random or someone who hasn't been that active yet.

About Awesome's whole lynching with no evidence thing:

Wouldn't we be helping the scum by doing that? I mean, it has been said before how the numbers are against us, so we have a great chance of killing off one of us townies. So then, we would have lynched one and given the scum a chance to nightkill us. So I don't want to sound snappy, but we have 3 real life days, let's give it at least until the final day or two to make our decision.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
No. I'm not so immature to do something like that. As I said, it's becasue of the history he has in playing Mafia. He's really good at hiding it. Others have spoken of how good he was at hiding his scumminess.

Meh, true, but you probably wouldn't want me dead unless something happens. After all, I act like this in every game I play regardless of whether or not I'm scum. Although I do admit to having been scum more often than I have been Town in confirmed games.

Icetomeetyou said:
You take this game very seriously. A bit too seriously. Someone with a Mafia past like yours ought to be good at hiding it. You're also getting overly defensive whenever someone is suspicious of you. Is something bothering you~

Now, now, now, let's not be hasty now. There are plenty of people who act that way and are town. Viral Maze from LoZ.com has a playstyle almost identical to mine. Taking the game seriously is only a scum tell when it's a certain person you're addressing.

Anyways, I'd probably have to say a mix of A and D. Since No Lynch isn't an option in this game (I swear, the games need to become more advanced here), we'll have to choose a person to lynch. I'm gonna go back and see who looks like a good candidate for death. Might take a bit since I still have to eat dinner and I also will probably watch Inuyasha afterward. :P

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
About Awesome's whole lynching with no evidence thing:

Wouldn't we be helping the scum by doing that? I mean, it has been said before how the numbers are against us, so we have a great chance of killing off one of us townies. So then, we would have lynched one and given the scum a chance to nightkill us. So I don't want to sound snappy, but we have 3 real life days, let's give it at least until the final day or two to make our decision.

When did I say I wanted to lynch people with no evidence? I gave four choices and I said I thought that lynching someone with little evidence is pretty much the BWCS (best worse case scenario). Obviously there is no "great" option. But like Xinnamin pointed out in her post:

I'd like to add something onto this. I was the SK last round, stayed pretty low key, played it safe, and no one suspected me until someone pointed out the small flaw of my poor voting record (as in, I pretty much voted once the whole game). It wasn't really "evidence" per say, but enough to get conversation started, and enough to get the SK lynched. So yeah, these small things, don't overlook them ;3

small things CAN lead to bigger things. Of the worse case scenarios, we have the best chance of lynching scum. Granted, it's ONLY a chance.

Kybyrian

When did I say I wanted to lynch people with no evidence? I gave four choices and I said I thought that lynching someone with little evidence is pretty much the BWCS (best worse case scenario). Obviously there is no "great" option. But like Xinnamin pointed out in her post:

small things CAN lead to bigger things. Of the worse case scenarios, we have the best chance of lynching scum. Granted, it's ONLY a chance.

Actually, in this case, it wasn't really small things leading to bigger things. I was the Godfather last round and our roleblocker told me he was going to use his ability on Xinnamin. The Serial Killer did not make a move during that night period, so I knew that he hit the right person. I then encouraged Zenox to make an analysis and he brought up Xinnamin. I encouraged this, as well, and he pointed out the things that nobody else would have noticed and he wouldn't have noticed had I not encouraged him. It really wasn't the evidence in the end that got Xinnamin lynched, but the fact that I had 2 or 3 of the other Mafia members vote for her and townies jumped on the bandwagon.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Same general principle Ky, Zenox started that bandwagon with a small piece of evidence and got more people talking about it. Even if you had all your mafia voting for me, wouldn't have killed me if not enough other people agreed with the evidence. It was still small things that would have most likely not have been noticed otherwise that got the townies to agree to a lynch.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
To be honest, there isn't really anything that makes me want to vote yet, so if I had to vote right now, I wouldn't. There's no point in my giving my input when the name would be totally random, so I think you should let us try to build our own suspicions over the next two or so days. I understand that you are trying to get us all to become suspicious of others, but that's something that a Mafia would do. I just generally let everyone get on with it...it's a decent plan though I guess.

1. Saying you if you HAD to vote you WOULDN'T makes ZERO sense. Now answer this question: If you HAD to vote WHO would you vote for?

2. Who are you addressing? If it's me, then I never said we should rush to vote, but at least try our best in the next three days to come to a voting decision since NO VOTE is not really an option. Per rules, someone has to be lynched. (Unless of course NO ONE VOTES but is that really an option Mod?)

3. The blue stuff: I disagree with you here. I'm getting a little irritated with people saying that pro-activeness is scumtell. Yes, it is something the mafia would do, but people need to be pro-active in scum hunting or we'll never going to find the scum. How else do you play the game? I'm going to say this one more time and then I'll shut-up about it: the scum are not going to come out and say "Lynch me, I'm scum!" We have to find them and expose them.

@Awesome-I was wrong? Maybe you're defending a newer player so you can take out the more seasoned players.

With this I need to make a point: This is simply WIFOM. What this boils down to is your coming up with a lot of "maybes". Maybe this, maybe that. Maybe I'm scum, maybe I'm not. Maybe I'm misleading you, maybe I'm helping you. Ultimately your making the judgement call, but you need more clues/evidence before to back your case up. You're implying that I'm scum. What you need to ask yourself is why do you really think I'm scum. Is it something like WIFOM? If it is, then your argument holds no weight.

^I did not edit that post I swear :O

What sucks is that there are 24 suspects in the game. That's a lot of people to investigate. We have 3 days left. Since I don't know how much time I can spend on the game between know and then, I'm going to go ahead and provide an analysis on a few of the players. I hope I can do everybody before deadline, but I'm going to start with the lurkers because there are bound to be a least a few scum among them.

Starting with people with the fewest post to the most:

Chise: Made 2 post both insightful
Jetter: Made 2 post also both insightful. Insightfulness is not a scum or townie tell though.
Master Link: Strikes me as a newbie. Saying he didn't understand the abbreviations was gave it away, coupled with fact that I not sure if I 100% agree with all his posts. It's hard to read newbies though if they don't post much. (BTW I feel so foolish now about asking who Master Link was earlier >.<) (3 posts)
Axle the Beast: His posts contain nothing but theory. He hasn't posted in the game in a while (I'm sure he's pretty busy) so I'd like to see him comment on the current developments. (3 posts)
TheSkywardSword: Most of her posts are fluff (nothing relevant or constructive) (3 posts)
Ver-go-a-go-go: Of all the "lurkers" his posts bothers me the most. Most of it is fluff. Then he's very iffy about Draco and then he says watch out for the "actives". This may not be much at all but it's the way he said it that bugs me. Like he's pointing the finger in a particular direction kinda early. I dunno but IGMEOY Ver-go! (3 posts)
Krazy Kyuubi: Pretty much says over and over that he has no idea what's going on. My advice to Krazy: READ, READ, READ! Formulate ideas and suspicions as to who the scum might be. Contribute to discussions and help us lure out the scum. (3 posts)

So my main suspect out of all of these is Ver-go, but it's really hard to tell until these people POST MOAR!

Last edited:

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
Reverse psychology or not, my point is you don't get anywhere on "maybe" theories. Maybe you're scum, maybe you're not. There is no weight whatsoever to it. You're post was:

@Awesome-I was wrong? Maybe you're defending a newer player so you can take out the more seasoned players.

All I have to say to that is: Maybe I'm not.

The edit thing I believe came from an automerged doublepost.

Err, we still on day one? This is going a bit too fast for me now that school is back in....

Yeah surprisingly we didnt bandwagon on day one and kill someone in the first 5 minutes...

I also wanted to point out... I decided to look up the idea of no lynch on mafiascum.net...

No Lynch

From MafiaWiki

(Redirected from No lynch)
Jump to: navigation, search
In many games, it is possible to end the daytime phase by a majority of players voting for "No Lynch". No one dies during the daytime phase, and night falls.
The appropriateness of this strategy has been much debated, but it generally comes down to two things: preserving favorable voting ratios (see Numbers, Part 1), or waiting for investigations. It becomes more strategically viable in the endgame, when an extra vote or investigation may make the difference between Lynch-or-Lose and having an extra chance. Conversely, it is frequently put forward early in the game as a strategy by newbie Scum, to try to divert the town from using their most powerful weapon.
Certain Game Moderators handle No Lynch differently: for instance, one variation says that someone voting for "No Lynch" "goes home" and may not post for the rest of the Day, unless they later receive Votes totaling half of what would be required to lynch them.
It has been argued that in the early stages of the game, if it is known that the Mafia has fewer members than the town, it can be a valid tactic, for those with a good knowledge of math at least, to let the night phase go and handle investigations. For example, if it is known that there are 15 Town and 4 Mafia, the odds of lynching a townie on day one with limited information are much higher, therefore giving an extra kill to the Mafia. However, this is not the case. Voting No Lynch in the early game causes the town to lose one possible lynch, so instead of having 3 chances to find the mafia, they only have 2 chances.
I just want to reiterate that
Voting No Lynch in the early game causes the town to lose one possible lynch, so instead of having 3 chances to find the mafia, they only have 2 chances.
I'm not sure if PJDEP is allowing "no lynches" or not. But I suppose that could be an option as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom