• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mafia Round 3 (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
But the mafia has the nightkill ability, meaning that if we choose "no Lynch" then one of us will die anyways.

What he's saying is that only 1 townie death is better than two. In this case, it could actually be 3 townie deaths are better than 4.

@MOD Does there absolutely HAVE to be a lynch? Can we just not vote at all and end in a NO LYNCH?

Coming to a no-lynch situation is really a gamble. Though a townie is more likely to get lynched, we could be missing an opportunity to lynch scum.

Austin

Austin
@MOD Does there absolutely HAVE to be a lynch? Can we just not vote at all and end in a NO LYNCH?
I don't see why not, unless someone produces a convincing argument not to. The only issue I can see is someone casting a vote at the absolute last minute and the person they voted for automatically getting lynched.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I approve of the new role and participant limits.

Now to business.....
This is the business? :

Dracomajora really does seem to stick out the most right now. "Hating his role" could be he's just a regular old Townie, but it could mean a lot more too. I'm with Kybyrian that it's probably just his age and inexperience though.

Sidenote: Watch the guys who post massive responses that seem to be contributing a ton. It's a common mafia tactic when trying to blend in really well. Master Kokiri 9 pulled off for a SUPER long time last game.
Err, we still on day one? This is going a bit too fast for me now that school is back in....
Ver-go-a-go-go: Of all the "lurkers" his posts bothers me the most. Most of it is fluff. Then he's very iffy about Draco and then he says watch out for the "actives". This may not be much at all but it's the way he said it that bugs me. Like he's pointing the finger in a particular direction kinda early. I dunno but IGMEOY Ver-go! (3 posts)

I agree with AwesomeLink86 about Vergo; FOS: Ver-go-a-go-go
He's learned a lot from his role as moderator and he may think that he will succeed like more than one of the mafia did last round: laying low.

I don't like the degree to which everyone is agreeing with/listening to/responding to AwesomeLink86. No one should really have that much control in a game like this and to be directing the discussion this much is dangerous for the town.
IGMEOY: AwesomeLink86

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I don't like the degree to which everyone is agreeing with/listening to/responding to AwesomeLink86. No one should really have that much control in a game like this and to be directing the discussion this much is dangerous for the town.
IGMEOY: AwesomeLink86

How does that make you more suspicious of me and not the others then?

I agree with AwesomeLink86 about Vergo; FOS: Ver-go-a-go-go
He's learned a lot from his role as moderator and he may think that he will succeed like more than one of the mafia did last round: laying low.

Nah, believe me when I say my schedule is incredibly busy, especially for last week. Sorry if I seem like I'm trying to stay low, but that's simply not the case. True mafia tactics revolve around posting a bare minimum, which in this case would be one post per three days. I've posted more than that. Also, deep analysis at this point would only make someone more obvious and vulnerable at this point. We're still in the needle-in-a-haystack mode, and none of us can really do anything about it.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
It is suspicious because you're almost trying to control the game, and you've been doing it the whole game.

IGMEOY: Awesome

Well excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse me Hero of Time :P

All I've done is "start the spark" (i.e. get the game going) which has made people suspicious of me. Then all I do is defend myself. Never have I purposely tried to "control" someone in this game. I can't control the way people think. If people are suspicious of me and put me on the defensive, that's no fault of mine. The debate I had with Ice spawned from the fact that I was trying to understand his real reason of his suspicion. I've questioned others about their game theory when I have disagreed with it. With that said, if I'm town, then what I've been doing is for the benefit of the town.

Let me also say something my mafia history. As Tyler has mentioned, I've played mafia many times before in RL and I've played it a few times online. One website I've played it on, just about everyone there is intense in the game and pro-active. In fact the "non-proactive players" are usually taken into suspicion. That's the way I'm used to playing. Here, people are way less proactive. So if I come across as "controlling" it's merely because I'm used to being pro-active in scum hunting.

Believe it or not.

I'd Like to point this out again..

baysiderulez said:
I also wanted to point out... I decided to look up the idea of no lynch on mafiascum.net...

No Lynch

From MafiaWiki

(Redirected from No lynch)
Jump to: navigation, search
In many games, it is possible to end the daytime phase by a majority of players voting for "No Lynch". No one dies during the daytime phase, and night falls.
The appropriateness of this strategy has been much debated, but it generally comes down to two things: preserving favorable voting ratios (see Numbers, Part 1), or waiting for investigations. It becomes more strategically viable in the endgame, when an extra vote or investigation may make the difference between Lynch-or-Lose and having an extra chance. Conversely, it is frequently put forward early in the game as a strategy by newbie Scum, to try to divert the town from using their most powerful weapon.
Certain Game Moderators handle No Lynch differently: for instance, one variation says that someone voting for "No Lynch" "goes home" and may not post for the rest of the Day, unless they later receive Votes totaling half of what would be required to lynch them.
It has been argued that in the early stages of the game, if it is known that the Mafia has fewer members than the town, it can be a valid tactic, for those with a good knowledge of math at least, to let the night phase go and handle investigations. For example, if it is known that there are 15 Town and 4 Mafia, the odds of lynching a townie on day one with limited information are much higher, therefore giving an extra kill to the Mafia. However, this is not the case. Voting No Lynch in the early game causes the town to lose one possible lynch, so instead of having 3 chances to find the mafia, they only have 2 chances.
I just want to reiterate that
Voting No Lynch in the early game causes the town to lose one possible lynch, so instead of having 3 chances to find the mafia, they only have 2 chances.
I'm not sure if PJDEP is allowing "no lynches" or not. But I suppose that could be an option as well.

We can actually vote to not lynch...

as in and this is an example not my vote...

Vote: No Lynch

which would avoid that last minute "I'm VOTING FOR _______________" and s/he dies with one single vote.

Kybyrian

lol my Mafia didn't lay low last round, they were averagely active. Everybody who was inactive was killed for that inactivity. Personally I don't see vergo as a threat right now. I haven't been paying all that much attention, but nobody in particular sticks out to me right now, either.

Personally I believe that AwesomeLink sticks out the most in my eyes. I mentioned him earlier on in the game and I'm going to mention him again. It just seems awkward... too MK9-ish from last game, if you will.

TreeHuggerPanda

The tree hugger of Hyrule
I have to say that Awesome does seem a little suspicious, but it seems that he just wanted to get into the swing of things, since it's Day 1.

It does seem a little suspicious, but I think we'll just have to wait and see before we make a final decision.

As for Vergo, I really highly doubt he's mafia, since there is only very little evidence against him, but seriously, there's real life out there, and we can't spend all of our days on the computer playing Mafia:P (But we should keep an eye on him, ya know... just in case that he IS mafia...)

Austin

Austin
Just a warning everyone, the "day" ends in about twelve hours. If you don't think you should lynch anyone this round, please vote "NO LYNCH" in bold letters. If a majority votes this way, there will (obviously) be no lynch. It is important that you do this instead of simply not voting at all, as that would allow one person to vote at the last minute and therefore decide the majority.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
For the ver-go thing, he is suspicious of his inactivity. It might just be because he is busy, so I'll only give him and IGMEOY.

For the AL thing, as I said, it's a 50-50. Still has not changed. His defenses are good and reasonable, but he has played this game a lot. I'm still stuck in between and can't really decide.

For the vote thing, I never played any games with an option of a no vote. I always thought that it is best to vote someone, but it has it's positives and negatives. I'm confused of what we should do. There are 25 of us. 3 of us are normal Mafia members. 1 of us is the godfather. 1 of us is the Mafia role blocker. 1 of us is the SK. 7 of us are special townies. 12 of us are normal townies. What do you think we should do?

How does that make you more suspicious of me and not the others then?

It will be because no one else is trying to gain control of the direction in which the game is going in his opinion. I do agree about the "trying to control the game" thing, but currently, I think it's too bold a move for the Mafia to attempt. I'm a little suspicious of it...but I'm more suspicious of Icetomeetyou as it stands. Icetomeetyou is trying to hard to argue against you and win in my opinion. I'm not sure if she is doing this because she is new to the game, or if she is like me, and very arrogant at points. It's still enough to be suspicious though....

IGMEOY: Icetomeetyou, not matter how weak it is.

Kirino

Tatakae
I don't really see the point of ending the day with a no lynch.I mean,aren't we just leaving ourselves wide open for a nightkill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom