• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it's 100% vigshot related
I just hope it is, but I've seen just about everything at this point
Ex was talking to me in one game about how a nightkill could've been made by a scumteam that felt sorry that the mod was going to have to replace someone, so they killed them instead of having the mod replace them

I'll never be on a team that makes that kind of decision without me being unhappy with it

I think its likely to have been a vig shot, and if it is, it was a good one
no comment on Serial Killer

I just won't rule out it being a wolfkill, because most people here fundamentally think about nightkills very differently than I do

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
to be honest with you I haven't felt great about where your pushes are going
usually I'm like "yeah man let's sheep sunfan"
but I really don't want to do that this game and it might just be because you're wolfing

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I'm town
I'm disturbingly sure that Rubik is town
I don't know where else you are beyond that but I feel good about this group of three, don't doubt yourself too much today, ok?

Like I know you said you'd never make that Mido kill as scum. And I don't mean to keep harping on that because I have absolutely no proof that it was a mafia kill or anything. But I probably wouldn't even be arguing that point if it were anyone else but you. I think most mafia don't kill Mido there, but I think that since it was you specifically that called out the soft it makes me more paranoid. Because while it's not exactly a rational move any other time, it is a rational sunfan move because you absolutely know you can charm your way into the town read from it.

All of that to say, I don't want to lynch you right now but I am so paranoid of you being scum. And I will hate myself if you are and I don't at least catch on to your play here. Lol.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Sunfan, I will just throw you in the town pile if you'll say that in the chance you do happen to be mafia at the end that I have bragging rights for correctly sussing you.

I need this. I can't live with the fact that I let you go so easily if you are mafia.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Yeah, I get that the value of it increases the longer you wait. But also that's a risky chance seeing as the value has a decent chance of being 0 if you die, or in this case have to out yourself and possibly be roleblocked constantly.

I'd rather have one known d2, than wait for a possible known which actually could decrease in chance if we have a mafia tailor.

taking a risk for a chance at a bigger payout is worth it sometimes.

For example, betting $1 on a coinflip and getting $2 back if you win is not as good as bettering $1 on a d6 roll and getting $100 back if you win. Whether or not people would prefer to take on more risk in order to get a higher value outcome depends on how risky it is, how much higher the value of the outcome it is, and the person's personal preferences. In the case of the 1-shot cop scenario i think the higher value outweighs the risk, but you clearly don't think it does. That's probably either because you don't think the value is as high as i do, because you think it is riskier than i do, or because you just prefer to take a safe bet over a more profitable but riskier play. In any case you should be able to imagine my perspective at least, even if you don't agree with it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
taking a risk for a chance at a bigger payout is worth it sometimes.

For example, betting $1 on a coinflip and getting $2 back if you win is not as good as bettering $1 on a d6 roll and getting $100 back if you win. Whether or not people would prefer to take on more risk in order to get a higher value outcome depends on how risky it is, how much higher the value of the outcome it is, and the person's personal preferences. In the case of the 1-shot cop scenario i think the higher value outweighs the risk, but you clearly don't think it does. That's probably either because you don't think the value is as high as i do, because you think it is riskier than i do, or because you just prefer to take a safe bet over a more profitable but riskier play. In any case you should be able to imagine my perspective at least, even if you don't agree with it.

I get the perspective, but I guess I find it a little harder to get behind in this game specifically when there's a mafia role that can effectively make a 1 shot cop moot the longer they wait.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Unvote

MiRaculous last minute claim, I hope you're able to get results tonight.

I'm not sure who else I'm willing to lynch today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom