• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirino

Tatakae
I do think that killing Mido would clearly be a poor move for scum, and probably for scum Sun too.

Would appreciate Zinger answering my previous question:
We got a claim out of the guy, so that's a win.
It's a result of pressure, sure, but how is it a win, especially when you said the claim was unwarranted?
I think it's usually advantageous to keep a miller around for scum, but they killed him anyway and at this point trying to guess why is a waste of time. Was it sun trying to get town pants, was it someone else, only scum know
It could be notable that you assume scum killed Mido when we've spent much of the day discussing which faction killed him and suggesting the possibility of a vig kill. Might even be a slip.

this is the last I really want to say of this

when you see me be town at the end of this game, you'll see that I am telling the truth
you can quote me on this until the end of time, I'd never have made that nightkill if I was a wolf

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Vote count 2.1

Rubik - 1 (Ragnarokio)
Storm - 1 (Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Zinger2099 - 1 (Funnygurl555)
Moe the Moblin - 1 (Zinger2099)
CynicalSquid - 1 (The Sun Fan)
Funnygurl555 - 1 (CynicalSquid)

As a reminder, the day will end in a little over 36 hours.
More concerned as to whose vote didnt count on me. Does Rubik have no voting power, SMS have no voting power, or did Johnny Typo?

Kirino has less posts than the mod, I've thought he was town and still do but like

unvote
vote: Kirino

post more or die

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
quaking in my boots
I was sooooooo convinced I was going to be townread for nightkilling the miller

I mean, you're trying to use the argument for town cred right now (in the sense that you're saying you'd never make that kill as scum) so you can't deny that it would be a good set up.

this is the last I really want to say of this

when you see me be town at the end of this game, you'll see that I am telling the truth
you can quote me on this until the end of time, I'd never have made that nightkill if I was a wolf

I really doubt this even if you are town.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Would appreciate Zinger answering my previous question:
It's a result of pressure, sure, but how is it a win, especially when you said the claim was unwarranted?
Sorry I missed your question the first time.

I consider any claim as a result of pressure to be a win, because if the pressure was warranted and the target of the pressure was scum, then a claim is being dragged out of them perhaps without having had the time to fully think through their fake claim first. In the event of a Town player being pressured to claim, it helps us solve the game a little faster, and in the event of a scum player being pressured to claim, it potentially traps them in a position where they might later make a mistake which reveals their previous claim to have been a lie. Either way, it's a win.

The fact that the claim came out after only 2 votes (unwarranted perhaps?) is another detail to the puzzle worth examining, and the more details we get out of the act of pressuring someone, the more full a picture it paints in our attempts to scumhunt. How is that not a win?

I guess, from your perspective, calling it a win might be premature because Storm hasn't yet flipped. Despite all this info, those voting for Storm could be barking up the wrong tree, and in doing so that might actually be a loss for Town. In that case, it's too early to tell if pressuring Storm is a win or not. But I was only using the turn of phrase "that's a win in my book" as a way of saying "we got what we wanted", we being Town and what we wanted being information from Storm that we could later use to solve the puzzle that is this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom