• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Cryptid Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Sooshi

Just a sleepy guy
Vote count 2.2

Storm - 2 (Rubik, Spiritual Mask Salesman)
Rubik - 1 (Ragnarokio)
Zinger2099 - 1 (Funnygurl555)
Moe the Moblin - 1 (Zinger2099)
Kirino - 1 (The Sun Fan)
Funnygurl555 - 1 (CynicalSquid)

I guess my point is, my take away here is you'd have to think sunfan is scum otherwise what toencred is there to gain and for who? @Morbid Minish
Yeah, I agree with this. If Mido was killed in order to set one of their own up with a "Town Vigilante" fake claim later, they've done zero legwork to establish this ploy. Sun Fan is the only person to have brought it up, so if you believe Mido was killed as part of a scum ploy, it, therefore, tracks that you must also think Sun Fan is the Wolf that the scum team is trying to exonerate.

Course, that's a lot of convoluted hoops to jump through to get there. Mido might not have been a Wolf kill, or the scum team might not have noticed the breadcrumbs. Too many what-ifs.

I agree with Sun Fan, this conversation isn't proving particularly productive. You know what is productive? Putting more pressure on the lurkers, and/or the player who isn't exactly lurking but might as well be for how useless his posts have been. *cough*Moe*cough*

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It could be notable that you assume scum killed Mido when we've spent much of the day discussing which faction killed him and suggesting the possibility of a vig kill. Might even be a slip.
You can grasp those straws, but keep in mind that whole discussion came from the line of debate that it was scum who did it for town cred. It could be equally as likely the a Vig or SK killed Mido, but at the time the debate was why would scum do it, and if so it'd probably have to be sun, and if not him: "was it someone else, only scum know" only scum know if they made the kill or not.

I think it's interesting that D1 you tunneled on me, and here on Day 2 you still haven't moved elsewhere; seems like low effort for you.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, I agree with this. If Mido was killed in order to set one of their own up with a "Town Vigilante" fake claim later, they've done zero legwork to establish this ploy. Sun Fan is the only person to have brought it up, so if you believe Mido was killed as part of a scum ploy, it, therefore, tracks that you must also think Sun Fan is the Wolf that the scum team is trying to exonerate.

It wasn't to set up a vig fake claim in this scenario. The whole idea revolves around sunfan being scum and pointing out that he clearly knew Mido's role. Then scum kills Mido and sunfan who has already pointed out the soft d1, says "if I'm scum I never kill the miller here". And you believe that yeah? Well there ya go, easy towncred.

I agree with Sun Fan, this conversation isn't proving particularly productive.

It actually has been productive. If sunfan is actually scum, I've laid out how. His post asking to talk about anything else is interesting from that viewpoint because if you are scum here you don't want people considering the idea. Then you have the people saying sunfan would never make that play as scum and the ones actually considering that he could even if they don't think he is scum. That's pretty telling in the event that he ever does flip scum.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Also, if y'all think the Mido kill wasn't the scum kill and was either vig/sk why aren't you looking at Rag with more scrutiny? Or Zinger for that matter, though to a lesser extent because I'm not sure if he volunteers that his action didn't go through if he's scum.

I'm actually leaning towards Rag at the moment, not because of that idea. But because like I said d1 she was very jumpy with her votes. And today she hasn't been around as much. Town Rag is more analytical and scum Rag doesn't seem to care as much about games.

Vote: Rag

Also, if y'all think the Mido kill wasn't the scum kill and was either vig/sk why aren't you looking at Rag with more scrutiny? Or Zinger for that matter, though to a lesser extent because I'm not sure if he volunteers that his action didn't go through if he's scum.

I'm actually leaning towards Rag at the moment, not because of that idea. But because like I said d1 she was very jumpy with her votes. And today she hasn't been around as much. Town Rag is more analytical and scum Rag doesn't seem to care as much about games.

Vote: Rag
yeah, I can agree with this
I'm pretty sure I'd be around to change my vote off of Kirino and onto a more important wagon, but I'd rather just get this one going tbh

unvote
vote: Rag

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It actually has been productive. If sunfan is actually scum, I've laid out how. His post asking to talk about anything else is interesting from that viewpoint because if you are scum here you don't want people considering the idea. Then you have the people saying sunfan would never make that play as scum and the ones actually considering that he could even if they don't think he is scum. That's pretty telling in the event that he ever does flip scum.
But it's just an unresolved issue unless we ask him to claim, or lynch him. Are you wanting to pursue a Sun lynch today?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
But it's just an unresolved issue unless we ask him to claim, or lynch him. Are you wanting to pursue a Sun lynch today?

It doesn't have to be a resolved issue today. I'm voting Rag, so I don't want to lynch sunfan. Otherwise I'd be voting him. But what happens if I just never discuss this and then am nk'd? Y'all don't consider it when it might actually matter that he could he scum.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I think killing rag is a bit premature, no? If we see two kills tomorrow then rag becomes a much better kill
I'd much rather lynch someone who's actively being wolfy or someone with less posts than the host

Kirino

Tatakae
I'm not that suspicious of Rag based on her behavior alone. I agree that she isn't as serious and focused on solving the game as she was in Pendio Mafia, when she was town, but there's also not as much going on in this game. Likewise, she was scum in the first game I played with her and successfully changed her meta to make everyone think she was town there.

It really depends on whether you think scum killed Mido. I wouldn't have done it, but I can imagine scum wanting to kill an inactive to prevent discussion. If you assume it was a Vig/SK, then that does seem to implicate Rag, or potentially even Zinger. It's also true that Rag's flip would give us a good idea of whether scum killed Mido, but it wouldn't be very useful at that point.

It's worth noting that this whole process involves us taking Storm at his word. If he's scum, then Rag is almost certainly town. Likewise, if Rag flips scum, Storm is basically confirmed town. But if Rag flips town, then that doesn't tell us much.

The main lynch alternative I can think of is SMS, not only because I suspect him for previously stated reasons, but because even if he flips town, it's not a huge loss (vanilla + high-info lynch).

I could stand to lynch Moe too, as his playstyle has been different and he hasn't contributed that much.
Kirino has less posts than the mod, I've thought he was town and still do but like

unvote
vote: Kirino

post more or die
I could definitely be more active, but at the same, I've at least contributed more than someone like funnygirl. Post length/quality is as important as post count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom