• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

karu

Panamaniac
I'm in class at the moment, I have get a lot of things done in less than an hour. I'll be here checking in on the posts but you probably won't hear anything from me till later today. Just don't want you guys thinking I'm ignoring y'all

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
This isn’t a game of allies you know, just because I think you’re town doesn’t mean I think you’re right or that everyone else does, basically saying people town reading you is justified isn’t going to get you anywhere.

Player ratios you mean town to scum? In a game like this I would expect three mafia one independent and the rest town.
The post was more an impulsive reaction. I understand where he's coming from with that post, but I want to get my facts straight, and when something doesn't quite line up, I react and become suspicious.
I'm not saying anything by this but I want to know how you think he's stretching the truth? If anything, Yiga kinda has a point.
I'm not arguing the main point. I'm going against the statements he's said to support it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Nice observation. He most likely wasn't very confident about his interpretations of my posts, so there was bound to be some slip-ups. However, he did offer his thoughts about each meaningful D1 post and eventually deduced Doc was scum due to his sudden change in stance, placing a vote for him. I'm not entirely convinced ALIT is either scum or town, so I would place him in the "neutral" category.

Thanks for the input, since he's one of my harder to read people. So I like to keep others opinions in mind for those people, to gauge my reads a little better.

These are the two posts I think are the most suspicious from Doc based on a reread of D1 and D2. They have suspicions they themselves don't think are suspicious, and they seem to be reasoning against themselves, flipping from one side to the other. They also say they find me town for pursuing Yiga and Deku. Normally, this would make me lean more towards town, but I'm not convinced Deku isn't scumming.

After this, and that entire post actually, I'm a little more of a slight town lean for Ryuken. I'm seeing a bit more of his thought process, and I like that he's very active and trying. That's not exactly easy for new players here, but I feel it's a little easier to pull of as town than as scum.

Had to change themes to read this. D:

I’m going to trust your karu read I think.

I feel like you totally know I’m town but you’re hesitating just to mess with me. :P

I think that Ryuken would have to be awfully confident to have done as much talking as he has done and be scum. He would surely realize his play style was weird and probably try something closer to how we play, but then that might even be worse and he might not pull that off. What I’m trying to say is he comes off like he knows what he’s doing, even though since none of us have any clue what he’s doing he shouldn’t have that confidence if he’s scum. Anyway I just find it easier to think of him as town.

I don’t think Deku is town, but I also don’t think Deku is mafia, but really I’m not sure. Personally I’d like to have lynched just so I could get a role claim and satisfy my suspicions but that’ll only work if he shows up.

Doc is making me feel like somethings wrong, I get this chill with his latest posts cause if he’s town then we definitely went off the track today. Right now I could pretty much bet money that at least one in Doc, Deku, and ALIT is scum and when one flips town I’d put Ayano in that as well. I suppose if Deku doesn’t show we’ll wrangle a claim from Doc and if it satisfies switch to one of the other three.

I do feel like ALIT has been on the wrong foot, but that’s not why I’m not town reading him, it’s more his lack of conclusions even though he’s attempted to dissect several posts and didn’t really come out of them with anything. I’ll take another look but I’m pretty sure that was what it was. I don’t find his late vote on stormy that AI since I can see it both ways.

I think it’s something about attitude, I don’t think Ayanos been quite as involved since Anime and the demeanor seems the same. Obviously not much to base an SK read on but it wasn’t then either. Plus it makes me feel better you think the same since you were the only one suspicious of him last time.

Sorry you had to change themes! I thought about that with the colors, but wasn't sure how it would look on other themes. I'll try to label the categories next time with that in mind.

I may be messing with you a tiny bit. Haha. But I do like to be a little hesitant with reads of you since you're such a strong and active player. You are mostly a town read though.

I do agree with you on Ryu now, with his recent post and your thoughts about him. Gonna have a slight town lean on him for now.

Also agree with pretty much everything else you said. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one feeling that about Keiko as well, because he hasn't done a ton to imply that this time, but for some reason I'm getting that same vibe. Could be a potential third party role beside SK as well, and this is his third party style of playing? I'm not sure, but either way I feel off about him.

I think you may be selling me a bit short. I played pretty dang cruddy before this, and if you think this step up is only small, I disagree.

We need a lynch, and I say we all vote Ryuken.

Think about this:

- We are all torn and he hasn't gotten a town lean from any of us (I'm pretty sure). Keep this in mind over the next points

- If we lynch Ryuken and there is a scum flip, we know that Evan is the last mafia and we win. We get no such information from a doc lynch.

- If we lynch Ryuken and he flips town, we have Doc for the next day.

The last thing we want is a no-lynch. Ryuken's lynch will get us the most information.

He's gotten a few town leans from people, and I just bumped him up to a slight town read.

Also, unless I missed something (which I'll admit is possible), I'm not sure where the connection between him and Evan comes in?

I just don't think Ryu is our best choice for today as there are quite a few other people who are more suspicious that I think we could also get more info from.

For the sake of the town, I don't feel like lynching me would give you guys much information. Deku, Ryu, and Doc will probably be the safest lynches in my opinion.

I agree with you about Deku and Doc, but again I don't think Ryu would be a safe lynch. However, I appreciate you giving a reads list and giving some more of your thoughts. I'm still fairly uncertain about you, but for now I think there are better candidates since you did appear and gave some effort.

Well I do wanna post more it’s just,

If I say something wrong then people will think I’m the mafia so I’m not gonna talk a lot but I’ll do my best
If you say nothing you have a better chance of coming under suspicion. It's okay to say some wrong things, and people may find it suspicious. But town's best weapon is their thoughts and votes, because that's how you work out scum. You can't be too scared to come under fire as town, because if you are, then you should be able to defend yourself pretty well.

@Minish_Link what do you think about voting Deku or Ayano?

I know I have Deku under a slight scum lean, and Keiko in a more scum lean but I think I'll put a little more pressure on Deku. Keiko has at least shown up and gave some defense, and I feel he could be third party (scum or not).

Vote: DekuNut

funnier6

Courage~
Thanks for the input, since he's one of my harder to read people. So I like to keep others opinions in mind for those people, to gauge my reads a little better.

After this, and that entire post actually, I'm a little more of a slight town lean for Ryuken. I'm seeing a bit more of his thought process, and I like that he's very active and trying. That's not exactly easy for new players here, but I feel it's a little easier to pull of as town than as scum.

Sorry you had to change themes! I thought about that with the colors, but wasn't sure how it would look on other themes. I'll try to label the categories next time with that in mind.

I may be messing with you a tiny bit. Haha. But I do like to be a little hesitant with reads of you since you're such a strong and active player. You are mostly a town read though.

I do agree with you on Ryu now, with his recent post and your thoughts about him. Gonna have a slight town lean on him for now.

Also agree with pretty much everything else you said. It makes me feel better that I'm not the only one feeling that about Keiko as well, because he hasn't done a ton to imply that this time, but for some reason I'm getting that same vibe. Could be a potential third party role beside SK as well, and this is his third party style of playing? I'm not sure, but either way I feel off about him.

He's gotten a few town leans from people, and I just bumped him up to a slight town read.

Also, unless I missed something (which I'll admit is possible), I'm not sure where the connection between him and Evan comes in?

I just don't think Ryu is our best choice for today as there are quite a few other people who are more suspicious that I think we could also get more info from.

I agree with you about Deku and Doc, but again I don't think Ryu would be a safe lynch. However, I appreciate you giving a reads list and giving some more of your thoughts. I'm still fairly uncertain about you, but for now I think there are better candidates since you did appear and gave some effort.

If you say nothing you have a better chance of coming under suspicion. It's okay to say some wrong things, and people may find it suspicious. But town's best weapon is their thoughts and votes, because that's how you work out scum. You can't be too scared to come under fire as town, because if you are, then you should be able to defend yourself pretty well.

I know I have Deku under a slight scum lean, and Keiko in a more scum lean but I think I'll put a little more pressure on Deku. Keiko has at least shown up and gave some defense, and I feel he could be third party (scum or not).

Vote: DekuNut
That’s nice of you to say, but we both know I’m one of the weakest scum players.

Good, I think a tie would do good right about now. @DekuNut if you have time to give a defense and thoughts you should probably do that.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Work is going to be the end of me. I will agree that I am looking pretty scummy right now because I am being very inactive. I just need to stop being lazy and making up excuses. I apologize. For the sake of the town, I don't feel like lynching me would give you guys much information. Deku, Ryu, and Doc will probably be the safest lynches in my opinion.

Karu - Pretty much a neutral read for me. Nothing really stands out to me in their posts and I have never really played with them to know how they play. Pretty unsure about them.

Deku - I don't like the way Deku is playing. He has so much pressure on him since the start of the day and I know he said he was busy this week but there's still nothing from him. No defending himself no giving thoughts on anything. Just nothing from him. This normally would be an impossible read and I would ask them to be more active but with the things people pointed out from day one he does seem a bit on Storm's side. It does seem far-fetched but he is the most likely to be scum in my opinion.

Doc - People have already pointed out how Doc seemed very flip-floppy during day one and how he really hasn't done much to defend himself. Not much new for me to say here. He's my second lynch option.

Funnier - He is playing the exact same way he always does. This usually makes people impossible to read but I always trust him for some reason. Probably will lead to my downfall some day but I am going with Town on him. I like the way he has been posting and how active he is being like usual.

ALIT - Same with funnier. I like the way he is posting and how active he's being. He was late on the Storm wagon but his reasoning on his vote seemed pretty legit (Probably because I had the same reasoning as he did with realizing role cop was a mafia role). I am going town lean on him though. Not full town read since he's a very experienced and clever player.

Minish - Hard to read. On the borderline of active and inactive. I like the way they are posting though and like the effort they put in their thoughts and analysis. Nothing stands out to me from them. I am gonna go town lean on this one.

Yiga - His interactions with Storm pretty much solidified him as a town read for most people. He's playing pretty smart this game though. I am going to go with everyone else here and say he's Town but I am still gonna let my paranoia get the best of me and keep an eye on him. He may be getting outside help and his interactions with Storm may have been planned like Mez and Zachie in Anime mafia. (This in confusing I am saying he's obviously town but I am paranoid by nature and think we should keep an eye on him just in case. People turning up as an obvious town read is rare unless they are actually scum.

Evan - Pretty noob mafia play. Normally I would say just lynch him but his death won't really get us anywhere.

Vergo - Replacing Tristian who never posted so idk :shrugs:

Ryu - I like how active he is. I just really don't like the way he is posting. Something just seems really off with the way he's posting. Gut feeling but something tells me he's scum. I have nothing to base that off of so my vote has to go to someone else.

Vote: Deku

Until he defends himself or says anything in general I think hes the most likely to flip scum
:dry: Ok...

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
8dtc8.jpg

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
To start off, in case anyone was wondering why i didn't change my vote to Storma at the end of yesterday (yes I saw those tags), it was because I didn't get back online before the day ended. There was only like an hour and a half in there, and I have this thing called class I had to be in. But yeah, that claim was scummy af.
Starting my read of today, I'm starting to realize now that Ryuken just is not used to this kind of mafia. He's used to it being faster, overdramatic, and maybe taken a little less seriously than we do here :P I still find it weird, but I'll give him a break on his style... for now.
Also, I'll place a placeholder vote on Doc-senpai so we get a lynch that isn't me
Vote: Doc

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@Ryuken can I maybe request less memeing in the future? As funny as it is in fluff posts, it makes every point seem huge, when honestly not every point you bring up has the same weight. It also kind of limits your posting style, so you may not get out everything you wanted for the sake of keeping it Ace Attorney-y.

@HylianEVAN what did you agree with in my post that convinced you to vote?

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I believe it's because of how I reacted to EVAN's posts earlier in the day. I pressured a response out of him, suggesting that he and Yiga were working together. He then proceeded to vote me and joke around, which led me to believe he was the independent role Yiga mentioned in his post about how many days Town can afford to mislynch on. This caused Yigahim to be a bit unsure about EVAN, and when I pressed him about the information he had once he soft-claimed, fearing he would be targeted, he made the assumption I was trying to place doubt on his source and thought the interactions I had with EVAN were scripted. That's my best guess as to why he'd think we're conspiring together despite what I've already said.
To start off, in case anyone was wondering why i didn't change my vote to Storma at the end of yesterday (yes I saw those tags), it was because I didn't get back online before the day ended. There was only like an hour and a half in there, and I have this thing called class I had to be in. But yeah, that claim was scummy af.
Starting my read of today, I'm starting to realize now that Ryuken just is not used to this kind of mafia. He's used to it being faster, overdramatic, and maybe taken a little less seriously than we do here :P I still find it weird, but I'll give him a break on his style... for now.
Also, I'll place a placeholder vote on Doc-senpai so we get a lynch that isn't me
edgeworth-bow(a).gif

THANK YOU. Don't take this wrong way, but I just found that read on me satisfying coming from someone like you. I've noticed that you guys seem to be constantly in the zone once the RVS meme is over, and any jokes or dramatization I do ends up flying over your heads (i.e. "You have a weird playstyle."). It's pretty funny.
And yes, I'll tone down the memery and fluff going forward since that seems to be the source of people's confusion when they try to read me.

I'm gonna give you a neutral pass for now. Maybe a tiny lean towards town since you've gotten on my good side with that explanation. Real life does happen, after all. At the very least, you've convinced me enough to stay my vote for Doc instead of changing it to you.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
I believe it's because of how I reacted to EVAN's posts earlier in the day. I pressured a response out of him, suggesting that he and Yiga were working together. He then proceeded to vote me and joke around, which led me to believe he was the independent role Yiga mentioned in his post about how many days Town can afford to mislynch on. This caused Yigahim to be a bit unsure about EVAN, and when I pressed him about the information he had once he soft-claimed, fearing he would be targeted, he made the assumption I was trying to place doubt on his source and thought the interactions I had with EVAN were scripted. That's my best guess as to why he'd think we're conspiring together despite what I've already said.

edgeworth-bow(a).gif

THANK YOU. Don't take this wrong way, but I just found that read on me satisfying coming from someone like you. I've noticed that you guys seem to be constantly in the zone once the RVS meme is over, and any jokes or dramatization I do ends up flying over your heads (i.e. "You have a weird playstyle."). It's pretty funny.
And yes, I'll tone down the memery and fluff going forward since that seems to be the source of people's confusion when they try to read me.

I'm gonna give you a neutral pass for now. Maybe a tiny lean towards town since you've gotten on my good side with that explanation. Real life does happen, after all. At the very least, you've convinced me enough to stay my vote for Doc instead of changing it to you.
I’m not siding with anyone until I know for sure there not the killer.
And wow dude you make it so clear of what you say lol and nothing was scripted.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I agree @DekuNut.

Gonna repeat Deku and ask what about his post that convinced you to vote me? Because he didn't say anything about me? He just said I'm a placeholder vote to guarantee a lynch goes through.

Also, if you want to vote, you have to bold it.

At the very least, you've convinced me enough to stay my vote for Doc instead of changing it to you.

Does your change in opinion of Deku change your opinion of me in any way? Because when you voted me, it seemed like my town lean of Deku played a major role in your decision. That, and my "less than confident" suspicions.

With the day ending soon, I'm thinking of voting for Ayano. With the current votes that we have (Ryuken, myself, Deku, and Ayano), Ayano is the only one I am not leaning town at the moment.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Gonna repeat Deku and ask what about his post that convinced you to vote me? Because he didn't say anything about me? He just said I'm a placeholder vote to guarantee a lynch goes through.

Also, if you want to vote, you have to bold it.

Does your change in opinion of Deku change your opinion of me in any way? Because when you voted me, it seemed like my town lean of Deku played a major role in your decision. That, and my "less than confident" suspicions.

With the day ending soon, I'm thinking of voting for Ayano. With the current votes that we have (Ryuken, myself, Deku, and Ayano), Ayano is the only one I am not leaning town at the moment.
Well killing you off won’t do any good so I won’t vote you.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
Man it’s so hard to trust anyone sense any of you guys could be the killer or me, who knows but I know one thing for sure is that if the scum kills me there gonna regret it... not saying that to be rude but it’s the truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom