• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Whatever claims are going against SMS are coming as retaliation from someone that has been outed as mafia and is denying that. If you just want to verify (once again) if SMS is cooperating with us we can just go after Paranoid King again.

Honestly it just seems to me that they’re fear mongering us to buy themselves time by forcing us into focusing on SMS. I don’t know of anyone remembers, but SMS’ claim last phase said he’d keep making clones of himself making him virtually impossible to kill if he was lynched, which would probably shift the attention away from the mafia team and give PK enough time to figure something out if true.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I wonder if they'll just continuously keep coming back or if they only come back once.

We can either try to kill Captan Lunch again or we can go for the other mafia.
I'm not really sure why CL came back, the only reason why I picked him to lynch was because he was saying he wanted to go into exile yesterday, so I figured he was a priority lynch for us before he could do it. Now, it is possible that each clone has some way to respawn after death, but I think if they are lynched or killed more than once they should die eventually? And CL mentioned he can only be killed with a double vote, idk if that's true.

Anyway, I told the whole team to Minish so yeah, PK is the other Mafioso.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Omg I'm catching up, PK is full of it, why would he be a non-mafia aligned clone but in the chat with two confirmed mafia members, lol. He is Mafia. He's mainly correct about my negative abilities, except for the fact that once I get my motivation, which revolves around Gwen Stacy, I jump ship and become town completely, thus, I become easier to kill because I'm not Mafia anymore and don't have the perks of the Jackal anymore.

It's true that I can revive any player I have collected a blood sample of, I do have a clone named Jack that when activated, lets me perform 2 actions in a night phase once in the game. When I collect a blood sample, if the person was roleblocked I also get to see their Role PM. And I can make the cure.

Anyway, I was roleblocked last night and somebody stole a dose of the cure that I had.

I still need to catch up, I don't want to end the day early just yet and idk how the votes look just yet.

Geez, I hate playing catch up while downing coffee but. . .

oof this game man.

I am just getting more and more confused.

what time does the paper come out @Rubik? I think I'm gonna step away from this game and have some drinks until it comes out, or just go to bed if it'll be tomorrow lol
My head was spinning right round while playing catch up. Still is.

Question to everyone. Why couldn't I just easily out the Jackal after he cured me if I just relied on him?
Aside from the following:
because you still rely on him, for one reason or another, is the obvious answer. Its also possible you're acting in the interest of the town but I'm not really convinced you're town aligned. I can't even remember if you claimed that you were or not.
I was thinking it may have something to do with your wincon.

I am town. One of my passive abilities (the one that I said harms spider aligned people if they lynch me) is due to the guilt they feel. If that convinces you any more of my towniness.
I've officially narrowed you down to two possibilities. Which further solidifies my town read on you.
_________

As far as the attempt to start an SMS train, I think I'm more inclined to trust him more after the quick rounf of catch up that I did. He did say mention that he had a cure that could help MinMin, which she, and Ex, confirmed. If I recall correctly, didn't he mention something about his win con having something to do with a lover? If so, I think MinMin may be such.

After MinMin basically confirmed, literally twice, during N1 that she was cured and SMS saying, on D1 that he had such cure, I'm starting to turn around and at least lean him towards somehow spidey aligned. Yes, I'm putting his claim about knowing who is scum into play. I also think that he may also know who's town aligned, meaning that, yes he multiple win cons. I get the feeling that with the way he may be leaning towards helping town and spidey alligned.
-------
I'm not really sure why CL came back, the only reason why I picked him to lynch was because he was saying he wanted to go into exile yesterday, so I figured he was a priority lynch for us before he could do it. Now, it is possible that each clone has some way to respawn after death, but I think if they are lynched or killed more than once they should die eventually? And CL mentioned he can only be killed with a double vote, idk if that's true.
It's true that I can revive any player I have collected a blood sample of, I do have a clone named Jack that when activated, lets me perform 2 actions in a night phase once in the game. When I collect a blood sample, if the person was roleblocked I also get to see their Role PM. And I can make the cure.
Maybe there's a scum player that has a similar ability that only works on scum? Just a theory.
------------------
As for PK, I'm not sure to make heads or tails.

Maybe there's a scum player that has a similar ability that only works on scum? Just a theory.
To clarify, I SMS mentioned that he has an ability that can rez any player, CL somewhere during the night was rezzed, However, I'm getting the feeling that with what SMS said about his win con on D1, I'd doubt he's do it. Which makes me want to lean towards another player, possibly mafia aligned, having it as well.

Paranoid King just claimed that there is a cult in the game, and that their motivation is to join the cult. We absolutely need to Lynch them for confirmation and then find Judas Traveller as soon as possible. This is possibly more important than stopping the mafia (although it seems like the Jackal's resurrection ability also is cult-like, so perhaps not).

I don't want to risk triggering the lynch too soon, and I don't know what PK's threshold is, but once the Bugle and the first vote count have dropped, I am planning to vote for Paranoid King.
I mean, potentially. I've kinda given up on that motivation though, due to being outed. My goal at this point is to find Traveler, whether or not I can join their host. If I can work with the town to do that, I'm not complaining.

Final contribution: I quickly read up on Scrier, and his entire 'thing' in universe is leading a cult.
was reading scrier's wiki page and this seems to be about what i'd expect from most marvel characters
View attachment 44035
Wrong Scrier. You're looking at this guy. I think I'm this guy.

Traveler's host appears to be just four specific people (that from what i gathered stayed the same throughout the story) who helped him out. It doesn't really sound like a mafia cult, but appears to function more like one here. Scrier has an actual cult although it seems to run itself rather than be run by him. From what i can tell at this point in the canon norman osborn should be one running the scrier's cult. Interestingly, it appears a green goblin account was created for this game (its in the list of members) but we haven't seen it at all. Its possible zinger created it as a diversion or its possible norman decided it would be better to hide the goblin entirely for whatever reason.

Either way, if we were to take PK's claim to indicate the existence of a cult, it would be the host and not the scrier's, and the host is run by judas traveller, and although it doesn't appear to canonically function like a cult, it could here.
My backstory mentioned Goblin, but it said I had lost contact with them. I took that to mean that they weren't a player. If the green goblin is a player, I might learn more about them if I achieve my motivation.

@Killjoy:

I'll draw from Rag for this one. SMS has claimed the ability to rez someone. As far as we know, no one else has claimed an ability to rez, and PK did out SMS's ability to rez in his info dump. Why assume someone else rezed CL when the obvious answer is staring you in the face?

It is a leap of faith to trust that SMS is going to win with the town. Especially at the cost of throwing some players under the bus at the start of the game. And, of course, he could be doing his own thing to win (much like Hobgoblin). Ultimately it boils down to if you want to take a chance on him. The consequences, should he be pulling the wool over our eyes, is quite disastrous if he truly becomes impossible to kill.

Kind of makes you wonder how Spider-Man fits into this.

@KingofDominaria

I'm Just thinking it this way, You remember on D1 when I was Strengthened? I think it was someone I voted for if I'm not mistaken. I have a similar ability. So I'm thinking, while yes, SMS, so far, is the only one that claimed the ability, there is a possibility that there could be others like SMS.

As for Spider-Man fitting in, I'm assuming we all were told, paraphrasing a bit, that, "Maybe you're a clone, maybe not, that's for you to decide." Which makes me wonder, why is there a red Spidey, Scarlet Spider-man, who hasn't posted since Saturday, as well as Green, Blue, Purple, and Black. I'm getting a vibe that they all have the same set-up as the rest of us. Same/similar powers without knowing the others powers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom