• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
@Aaaarrrgh: Why do you deduce cult from this?

(Although, now that I think about it, "host" sounds pretty bad...)

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Final contribution: I quickly read up on Scrier, and his entire 'thing' in universe is leading a cult.

So Aaarrrgh might be right.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
was reading scrier's wiki page and this seems to be about what i'd expect from most marvel characters
View attachment 44035

Traveler's host appears to be just four specific people (that from what i gathered stayed the same throughout the story) who helped him out. It doesn't really sound like a mafia cult, but appears to function more like one here. Scrier has an actual cult although it seems to run itself rather than be run by him. From what i can tell at this point in the canon norman osborn should be one runningthe scrier's cult. Interestingly, it appears a green goblin account was created for this game (its in the list of members) but we haven't seen it at all. Its possible zinger created it as a diversion or its possible norman decided it would be better to hide the goblin entirely for whatever reason.

Either way, if we were to take PK's claim to indicate the existence of a cult, it would be the host and not the scrier's, and the host is run by judas traveller, and although it doesn't appear to canonically function like a cult, it could here.

Attachments

• 1595578369522.png
    1595578369522.png
    6.8 KB · Views: 7
Perhaps being "killed" will just exacerbate the entire clone situation with the Spider-Men.

I see no reason to deal with that potential consequence when considering lynching SMS to prevent him from becoming a nigh-unstoppable threat. Plus, a lot of the information is strictly coming from SMS albeit from the mouths of others. I saw it, this whole situation regarding SMS, described as a stalling tactic, and that is what it is looking like for all intents and purposes. Don't forget that per PK, SMS has a clone of himself known as Jack that allows him extra personal moves. He's obviously got to be building up towards something.

Hell, here is a curve ball. SMS isn't the Jackal. He's the clone of the Jackal, and he's serving as the face that we're contending with while the other hides. I like this curve ball, but nothing substantiates it. Much better to act on curtailing SMS.

As for PK, I'd rather treat him as a minor threat vs treating him as some kind of asset that we can't do without. After all, nothing overtly happened between now and when SMS gave up CL that would indicate something being done, directly, by SMS to affect PK's chances. All we have is PK saying SMS made it difficult (impossible or something) to do what he needs. Or something. I'm typing from memory of reading 15 or so posts so I may blank on specifics. Either way, I am skeptical to think that between CL being outed and today that PK pressed SMS for all this info (that SMS willingly gave upon being pressed for). I mean, mafia must've been ok with the plan since PK didn't cry foul then. And I don't see what would have changed now, unless it is directly because of Minish having outed the other two (which it is odd that CL wasn't marked by her initially like the other two).

The entire situation reeks of shady business behind closed doors to be frank. My initial feeling is to not trust the intentions of anyone associated with the Jackal that closely.

-----------------------------------------------------------

It's funny in an ironic way how all of yesterday is forgotten in all of this. Rag certainly isn't mafia.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
The entire situation reeks of shady business behind closed doors to be frank. My initial feeling is to not trust the intentions of anyone associated with the Jackal that closely.

i can agree with this, at least.

Your reads came after CL was outed, Minish? Fair enough. Still, you could have given a reads list earlier on with said marks (to include CL) as opposed to waiting since you're being subtle (minus the warnings against lynching SMS now as opposed to later).

Plus, I don't recall reading your response to, I believe, Skystone asking on what basis you have for thinking SMS will be eaiser, as opposed to harder, to kill later. After all, that stands in stark contradiction to what PK is stating. Plus, on the surface, he's disavowed the Jackal whereas you still "protect" him somewhat.

I would ask for you to elaborate more, but I'm afraid it'll be met by, "things are too dangerous to speak openly about," which doesn't leave much recourse for the rest of us, ya know?

The idea that SMS is not the true Jackal is a real concern, and the only reason I would be willing to attempt am SMS lynch today. The reason I would rather focus on Judas Traveller is there we have far less info there than about the Jackal, so he seems more likely to catch us off guard.

@Freddeh: in the comics, Traveller is connected to Osborn. Do you know anything about this?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I was going to push for Poy's lynch and hope that gave me some trust for town. Then things turned towards CL and I went along with that. Either one was fine with me, but I knew I could easily make a case on Poy without arousing the suspicion of mafia.

There is a reason everything I reference is in regard to the Jackal. I don't recall Skystone asking that. But my reasoning was what the Jackal told me about his role, which would make sense with his actions and why I couldn't just outright say who the Jackal is. For the moment I'm waiting for the Jackal to speak for himself, seeing as he may be more open with you all know that all mafia is outed. Though from what Rubik has been saying about the Daily Bugle, it sounds as if more info will come out about him anyways. I can possibly confirm or deny if it meshes with what I know when it does.

Ragnarokio

The idea that SMS is not the true Jackal is a real concern, and the only reason I would be willing to attempt am SMS lynch today. The reason I would rather focus on Judas Traveller is there we have far less info there than about the Jackal, so he seems more likely to catch us off guard.

If there's a lion in front of me and i know there's another lion around somewhere, I'd rather deal with the one i can see than turn my back to it in fear that the other might be flanking me.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I’m not sure what you even mean by said SMS didn’t help by outing CL since it clearly meant we had a way to figure out how to exile him asap, while if SMS had given another mafia instead it would’ve prolly been harder to deal with it as the game when on and the players able to deal with Spidercide’s apparent immortality died smh

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
and as I mentioned before another mafia had been given to us in a silver plate before, which is why I chose Poyzin to get killed by the Kaine last Night, so it’s not like he hadn’t given us another option through Minish

Do I think SMS is Harmless? No.
Do I think he wants to cooperate with town right now and can easily be neutralized if he attempts to betray us AFTER we deal with mafia? Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom