• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I have reason to believe lynching the Jackal right now would actually be *worse*. So it's funny PK is arguing the opposite.

is that reason based on your own role information or on information from SMS? His plan to apparently bus the mafia one by one starting with the unlynchable one makes a lot of sense if he actually powers up over time, and likewise convincing you that him dying is bad if only to buy an extra day would make sense if his goal is simply to survive for as long as possible.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
if we find out they're telling the truth but its too late and SMS is unkillable then that won't work out well for us will it

if there's a possibility he's telling the truth about SMS becoming harder to kill as time goes on, then that makes killing SMS today a viable play. (though not necessarily the optimal play)

I believe the Jackal actually gets *easier* to kill over time. And harder to kill if you kill him now.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
I'm saying it makes more sense to lynch mafia over the Jackal at this point because you don't know if they're telling the truth. So lynching them first would prove something at least.
That argument applies to both parties. We also don't know if the Jackal is telling the truth. Plus, if the foundational claim about the Jackal's increasing power is true, we are heavily incentivized to kill him first.
I have reason to believe lynching the Jackal right now would actually be *worse*. So it's funny PK is arguing the opposite.
Do you have this from the Jackal's mouth, or elsewhere?

id also like to get some confirmation from tevish to see if he's got anything from last night, if he's found the real spider man then according to the pk rumor mill we have basically 2 confirmed town from that (pending the pk lynch to verify the claim)
We almost certainly don't want to out the actual re[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
oof this game man.

I am just getting more and more confused.

what time does the paper come out @Rubik? I think I'm gonna step away from this game and have some drinks until it comes out, or just go to bed if it'll be tomorrow lol

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
is that reason based on your own role information or on information from SMS? His plan to apparently bus the mafia one by one starting with the unlynchable one makes a lot of sense if he actually powers up over time, and likewise convincing you that him dying is bad if only to buy an extra day would make sense if his goal is simply to survive for as long as possible.

It's based on information from the Jackal which makes sense with my role. He was consistent with what he told me.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Edit: We almost certainly don't want to out the actual Spider-Man, as the Jackal is allegedly incentivized to kill him as part of his own win condition. So we would really have one confirmed town (Tevish) and one secretly confirmed town (Spider-Man).

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
I believe the Jackal actually gets *easier* to kill over time.

and why haven't you said this until now? The way you've been slowly releasing information about the jackal and yourself hurts your credibility. I understand you're probably under some limitations as to what you can and can't say, but if you can say this now, why couldn't you say it before?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
and why haven't you said this until now? The way you've been slowly releasing information about the jackal and yourself hurts your credibility. I understand you're probably under some limitations as to what you can and can't say, but if you can say this now, why couldn't you say it before?

Because I'm not entirely sure what is okay to say so I'm risking stuff here, and trying to plan things out very carefully. I figured it wouldn't be an issue seeing as two mafia have already been killed from info from the Jackal and I blocked the other. Also I wanted to keep info from the mafia because it seemed the best choice at the time.

...we probably have to also kill pk at some point to make sure he's not just big brain bussing but that can wait...
I would like to meet Judas Traveler before I die... :(

Sorry folks, but it's late and I need sleep. Fingers crossed that I'm not dead in the morning.

Asfinyti

aka amber
Edit: We almost certainly don't want to out the actual Spider-Man, as the Jackal is allegedly incentivized to kill him as part of his own win condition. So we would really have one confirmed town (Tevish) and one secretly confirmed town (Spider-Man).
agreed here, but in theory having that knowledge would probably be better than not

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
We might not even want Tevish to confirm whether or not he found the real Spider-man . Green Spider-man said it was his motivation to find out. If Tevish found the real one, all clones with that motivation would achieve it (by knowing whether or not they are talking to Tevish). We also know that achieving a motivation can change alignment. So I am worried the spiders could turn / form a cult.

Duskyblue

Schiischaib
For the record, saying something I shouldn't here is detrimental to town. So that's why I'm being so careful.
Speaking of detrimental consequences, can you confirm whether SMS was saying the truth when he said too many votes on him had bad effects for everyone? And if so, what effects?

Ragnarokio

We might not even want Tevish to confirm whether or not he found the real Spider-man . Green Spider-man said it was his motivation to find out. If Tevish found the real one, all clones with that motivation would achieve it (by knowing whether or not they are talking to Tevish). We also know that achieving a motivation can change alignment. So I am worried the spiders could turn / form a cult.

I would guess that tevish claiming he knows who the real spiderman and outing them would not result in the spidermen definitively ascertaining their own clone status. Even a spiderman knowing that tevish knows whether they are a clone or not doesn't tell them whether they are a clone or not, regardless of what tevish claims. They'd need some way to verify whether or not tevish was telling the truth on top of that.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
If the Spiders are forming a cult, then they've formed a cult regardless of whether or not Tevish tells us anything. Each Spider who tracked Tavish can individually deduce whether they're the real Spider-Man on the basis of receiving or not receiving a Discord. Unless I misunderstood.

I think the deeper concern is whether or not protection of Spider-Man warrants Tevish hiding the results of his experiment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom