• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread The Clone Saga: A Spider-Man Mafia 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Unvote, Vote: CL

i'm going to revote CL every now and then to keep my vote on him recent because I'll almost certainly be around at deadline and can thus revote CL if he uses escape cuffs.

I'm sorry I have triggered this discussion on what may or may not count as discussion of the rule. It was not my intent, my brain remembered a line form somewhere about fairness and flipped terms, and even then I should have seen it was borderline bad and kept my mouth shut.

I'll do better.
Can I have a duck fact?

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Hi I am here. I lost access to my chat with the Jackal. Been cured of my degeneration. Ty.

Wanted to go with Poy because the case on him was so easy. But Captan Lunch works too.

Vote: Captan Lunch

Yeah. I'd like to know where the line is. I feel as soon as I saying theres likely X amount of players on the Jackels payroll I could be crossing the line.

So, a lot has happened since my last post. Jackal was outed, but claims to be a good guy. Specifically, he claims to be a guy with the power to choose between being a good guy and a bad guy, and that if he chooses bad, which he can do after he dies, he's completely unstoppable. He also claims to know who the entire mafia is, but has not (unless I somehow missed it) divulged that information except for one offering, CL.

That sound about right, as the TLDR?

There are a few things about this claim that don't make sense. First, if he's totally unstoppable as a villain, why would he not want to go villain? Even if an initial death is required (which he implied it was not unless I took that wrong) it seems disadvantageous to not immediately go that way, treating the role as a weird jester. Second, if he's currently a good guy and wins with us good guys, he has no reason to not sing like bird and out the mafia to bring the game to a swift conclusion. And I mean in a fully pre-emptive manner. I get that he's named CL, but that just feels like a basic bussing move even if CL does flip. I'd want to hear the whole team, before the remaining mafia can kill SMS to silence and/or turn him.

I remember a game that Zinger played in where he got in a massive fight with his don D1, bussed him, and road that all the way to victory. If we accept the threat of "turning into an invincible scum" from SMS and just let him be without doing anything to verify his status beyond taking him at his word, we play right into that kind of scenario.

Alternatively, scum just hits him and he revives as their god. Unless, of course, he marks ALL their cards first and can thus choose to die town (is such a thing possible?) with the expectation that the Maf will still lose.

I'm also concerned that Town!Jackal and Town!Spidey are incompatible, but that's small potatoes right now.

EBWOP: I'm not moving my vote right now because I'm pretty sure CL is already the leader and we don't know his threshold for hammer time.

I remember a game that Zinger played in where he got in a massive fight with his don D1, bussed him, and road that all the way to victory. If we accept the threat of "turning into an invincible scum" from SMS and just let him be without doing anything to verify his status beyond taking him at his word, we play right into that kind of scenario.
InFamous Mafia. Way way back, on Px2. Good times.

Skystone

I, Chocobo
Like Tevish, I will abstain from voting until CL has a chance to say his piece. I will, of course, vote for him later unless things change.

(I don't want to risk prematurely ending the day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom