• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda XV=Zelda I?

This thought just crossed my head. I know we don't have a working title for the new Zelda game yet, but what if that's on purpose? In LoZ, Link started out with a shield but no sword. Now look at the new art for the game. He has a shield, but no sword. So, I thought, what if Zelda XV is a remake of Zelda I?

What do you guys think?

I think it would be great to see a remake of the first Zelda. Will we? Doubtful. A notable difference (which Miyamoto himself noted) is Link's age. In Zelda 1, Link was a young boy, probably about the age of Young Link in OoT because after several seasons passed, upon his 16th birthday came the events of AoL. In this new Zelda for Wii, Miyamoto stated that Link was older than he had ever been. He's probably about 20 in this game, or somewhere thereabouts, which isn't "old", but it is older than him being a child like in Zelda 1.

Having said that, I think this is just a new game. I'm sticking with my theory that the sword isn't there because the girl becomes the Master Sword. That is my theory until we get more information because so far every time Miyamoto is asked about the girl, he references Link not having a sword.

He's probably about 20 in this game, or somewhere thereabouts, which isn't "old", but it is older than him being a child like in Zelda 1.

Having said that, I think this is just a new game. I'm sticking with my theory that the sword isn't there because the girl becomes the Master Sword. That is my theory until we get more information because so far every time Miyamoto is asked about the girl, he references Link not having a sword.

But this would ruin the timeline theories wouldn't it? infact, maybe even wipe it out seeing as it messes with the whole timeline unless there is a cunning way to fit it in.....It may be possible though.

Moving on, I would love to see a Zelda remake but it is highly doubtful, Something this is certainly possible but doubtful....I see this as being a prequel to OoT somehow seeing as the most common timeline theories state that OoT is the first Zelda in which you get the Master Sword. This is probably shared by a lot out there.

But this would ruin the timeline theories wouldn't it? infact, maybe even wipe it out seeing as it messes with the whole timeline unless there is a cunning way to fit it in.....It may be possible though.

How do you mean? What would ruin the timeline theories? If Zelda Wii was about the creation of the MS, it would take place a while before OoT and a while after MC. No harm done.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
A remake of LoZ will probably come to pass in the future, but not yet. Aonuma's current remake obsession is with ALttp, OoT being his first attempt, which just ended up being a prequel to the games instead of a remake. He still mentions his interest in remaking ALttP, so it's doubtful that any other remake would come about before he meets his that personal goal.

As far as placement? Who knows. They could even squeeze the title in between titles. Even if that figure is the Master Sword, it doesn't necessarily mean that the game takes place around the time of its creation. For all we know, some soul could be sealed within the Master Sword, or perhaps the figure isn't even the essence of the sword, but maybe a new power. Nintendo comes up with some really out there stuff sometimes, so it'd hard to guess at what it might be.

In any case, no, I doubt that this game will be a remake of anything, though it would be nice to see the original LoZ remade. There's plenty of room for development on it, especially in a 2D-to-3D transition.

How do you mean? What would ruin the timeline theories? If Zelda Wii was about the creation of the MS, it would take place a while before OoT and a while after MC. No harm done.

Nevermind that comment, I don't know why I said that....I must have been off in my own little world. So I got mixed up....

It would ruin it though if this new game was a remake, Seeing as there are no games that are ever considered to be before OoT in the timeline other than MC, So if the New Zelda Wii were to be a Remake it wouldn't make sense, The only Zelda that is ever considered being before OoT is MC, LoZ is always put after it....I suppose.

Last edited:

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
I would love to see a remake of LoZ, bu I don't think that they would put it out on the Wii. if they did remake it, they would probably put it out for the DS.

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
It would be cool to see the remake of Legend of Zelda. But I'm going with DarkLink01 on this. I believe this is a new Zelda game, seeing as Link looks old (at least compared to the other Links). I still hope for a remake of the original Legend of Zelda, though. I can't wait to see the title for this game, I bet it'll be creative and very awesome. Until I see some better proof than Link having no sword in LoZ and the Zelda Wii I will just believe that this is going to be a new game.

Immortal_One

Math is power.
Link seems far too old in this game for it to be a remake of the first one, even though that would be very intersting. Although if I could have my choice of a 2D Zelda game to be remade, I would want A Link to the Past to be remade.

You guys are probably right. As nice as it would be to see a remake of the original, it's probably not this game.

Though I'm hoping that this game isn't a prequel to OoT. I already got mad at MC for putting another hero before OoT Link, who should be THE first hero. I don't know, maybe I'm just babbling.

Kazumi

chagy
I think that this would be an excellent idea as well, and I would fully support it. But, it's highly unlikely that this will happen. But if it does, I would love it. Possibly even more then a new game. Then again, the game would still be a bit short.. What if they combined AoL and LoZ into one remake. Imagine exploring the amazing Hyrule we had in AoL/LoZ, in 3D.. But still. It will not happen. At least not yet. I'm almost positive that this will be a new game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom