• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda U's in-game completion time

The likes of Skyrim, Witcher 3 and Xenoblade Chronicles X all take hundreds of hours to complete. Thus far no Zelda game has even come close to triple figure play time even if you aim for 100%.

With Zelda U promising to bring a large overworld are you expecting Zelda U to be like Skyrim, Witcher and Xenoblade and take a (high?) triple digit play time in order to finish thhe story and find and collect everything?

Or do you see Zelda U as being more of a traditional Zelda game that doesn't take too long to get through?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The only Zelda for me that still takes over 20 hours to finish is TP. SS takes about 19 and OOT about 15.
I'm really not expecting a triple figure play time from Zelda U but if I can get 40-50 hours out of it I'll be pleased.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I would be pretty happy with a healthy 30 hours for story, and an extra 40 hours for side content. 70 hours is a really nice sweetspot for me.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
The only Zelda for me that still takes over 20 hours to finish is TP. SS takes about 19 and OOT about 15.
I'm really not expecting a triple figure play time from Zelda U but if I can get 40-50 hours out of it I'll be pleased.
I think lots of people take 40-50 hours to finish SS, for example.

To me, to 100% Zelda U should take at least 200 hours for any normal person. This is supposed to be an open world game the size of an Elder Scrolls game or bigger. It better have a ton of side quests.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I think lots of people take 40-50 hours to finish SS, for example.

To me, to 100% Zelda U should take at least 200 hours for any normal person. This is supposed to be an open world game the size of an Elder Scrolls game or bigger. It better have a ton of side quests.

And may those side quests be as good as those in Elder scrolls, with proper stories behind them, not the short and dull fetch quests we have been given in the past.

50 hours seems like what it will probably be, assuming 100% completion and lots of time spent just running around having fun. But I suppose we'll have to see, won't we?

Completion time is always hard to judge. Some people (like me) like to smell the roses and admore the scenery. We take longer to do everything. Others like speed racing through the game. Their completion time will be a lot less. I guess you can only take the average here and let the scenery gazers and speed runners be the anomily and not to base the game around either group.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I really do hope that they do pack a lot into the overworld and give us many hours of extra content/side quests. 50 hours extra to explore and do side quests would be great I think but I am doubtful we will end up with that much. I hope I am proven wrong here, it would be great to see the series move towards this direction and having such a large overworld is really a great opportunity to allow this to happen and it would be a shame if it is mostly empty and non-utilised space.

Reactions: Dio

Kingwobbly

Kingwu.
I don't think it's unreasonable to expect over a hundred hours from The new Zelda game considering it has a similar development cycle to Skyrim and it's launching how many years after? 3? 4? If Nintendo can't keep up with other gaming companies then it's basically running off of nostalgia, and even die hard fans will get sick of that eventually.
I already (shamefully) put over a hundred hours into Fallout 4 and I would happily replay that again and again just for the base building mechanic (my sanctuary tree house city is unmatched). If Zelda can't keep my attention for more than a few days then I'd be incredibly disappointed after a two year wait for the game, counting from when it was revealed. Nintendo have been really disappointing this year, hopefully 2016 will be their comeback year.

I don't care about how long Zelda Wii U will take to complete as long as it's fun. Typically my favorite games are shorter, my two favorites of all time being Portal 2 and Majora's Mask, which are both fairly short. But I could have fun with a long Zelda if Nintendo does it right.

Djinn

and Tonic
No I definitely like a lot of hours in a game. If I am capable of beating it within a day or two I feel a little cheated in a way. As if the game was not complete, or I waited too long to get it. I'm hoping for a 50+ hour game at the very lease without 100% anything.

D

Deleted member 14134

I think around 50 hours should cover the main story and a good amount of the side quests. 80 would be a good amount for 100%. I don't want a 200 hour game. I feel like it would be filled with repetitive and boring quests if they pushed the mark to over 100 hours. Even if you cut down the quantity to have better quality there should still be a substantial amount of content. Also Nintendo said SS would be 50-100 hours to complete when it took me around 30. We'll have to take Nintendo's estimation with a grain of salt if they do announce one.

Ideally, I'd like a clean but sizable main quest with lots of optional side quests for those who like to explore.

I don't think a game being hundreds of hours long is an asset. 1) I have a life 2) No game can get to that kind of play time without being really repetitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom