• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda U Amiibo

Should Zelda U have it's own amiibo line-up?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Unsure

• Too angry about delay to care

• Total voters

ihateghirahim

The Fierce Deity
Do you guys want a specific series of Zelda U amiibos to go with the game? They could have the Triforce on the base, and may include characters not present in currently existing amiibo lineups. Is this a good idea?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Doesn't really concern me since I don't plan on purchasing/using Amiibo, but I suppose if people don't want to spend the extra money (which I'm sure most probably won't), then they should just stick with the Link Amiibo they already have, assuming of course that it'll be compatible with non-Smash Bros. games.

It might be cool if they make limited edition Amiibos or something that have a cool Zelda-like design on them (perhaps a Triforce, as you said) that they could package in box sets to be released with the game, that might be neat.

As for including characters that don't currently exist in the Amiibo lineup, I'm not sure why they would. I suppose it depends on how Amiibos are used though. I would assume that only a Link one would work, since he's the playable character, but perhaps players can use Amiibo to make NPCs more powerful? It could work I suppose, but my main concern is about using an external item to power up a character you can't even play as.

Of course, there's also the possibility of making a multiplayer feature that utilizes different character Amiibos in a neat way. That might be cool, though I don't really forsee it happening.

ILU

i luv u
Eeeeeh I really am not a big fan of Amiibos. I mean, I love having figures, but I don't actually USE them.... But, if it's Zelda, I can't avoid purchasing them.

I don't see much use for one in a Zelda game aside from unlocks, and I think that would take away from the fun of actually unlocking something through good ol' effort.

Maybe alt costumes or something. If they do DLC, might as well get something physical out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom