• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Zelda Games on Wii and DS

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
Can you guys tell me what zelda games will work on the Wii or DS? I am trying to play them all since this is an awesome series. I'm very new to this series. And if it is possible, can you also tell me what every zelda game works in?

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Almost all of them.

TP is for the Wii, PH and ST are for the DS. The Wii has backwards compatibility and will support all GC games like WW and FSA. The DS (not DSi) is also backwards compatible for GBA games like MC and FS. There's a GC version with OoT, MM, AoL, and LoZ on it. LoZ, AoL, ALttP, OoT, and MM are all on the Wii Shop Channel.

I believe the latest versions of LA and the Oracle games is the Gameboy Color, so those you cannot play on DS.

well you can download zelda 1 and 2, a link to the past, ocarina of time, and majora's mask all from the wii's shop channel. wind waker and four swords adventures are gamecube games that work on wii. Twilight princess was made for gamecube and wii. minish cap is gameboy advance and can be played on DS, phantom hourglass and spirit tracks are for DS only.

Vibed

must read before he posts
Well, Wind Waker, Four Swords Adventures, and Twilight Princess for GC will work, along with the Wii version of TP. Wii can download all older console Zeldas through Virtual Console (Legend of Zelda, Zelda II: Adventure of Link, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, and Majora's Mask.) Wii can also play a collectors edition disk and OoT: Master Quest on GC. DS can play Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks. If it's a normal DS or a Lite, it can play GBA, so that means Minish Cap and LttP/Four Swords.

That means the only ones left are the Gameboy and Gameboy Color games. (Link's Awakening, Oracle of Ages, and Oracle of Seasons.)

There's also the Tingle games for DS.

Edit: Ninja'd. >.< A lot. My time must be off or something.

Almost all of them, if not all.

TP is for the Wii, PH and ST are for the DS. The Wii has backwards compatibility and will support all GC games like WW and FSA. The DS (not DSi) is also backwards compatible for GBA games like MC, FS, and the Oracle games. There's a GC version with OoT, MM, AoL, and LoZ on it. All the earlier games up through MM should be available through the Wii Shop Channel. I have to double check LA though...

pretty sure ds cant play the oracle games or links awakening since DS isnt compatable with GBC games

February Eve

ZD District Attorney
By the way, if you are interested in playing gamecube games on the Wii, check out this thread. The main topic is different from this one but the comments contained a lot of good information about what you'll need to play each Zelda game on the Wii. For example, you can download Ocarina of Time from the Virtual Console, but you'll need to buy some kind of classic controller in order to play it. Or you could get it on a couple gamecube discs instead, but to play gamecube games, you need a memory card and controller made for that system. There's also some information about the cost of things in that thread as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom